Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Thomas M Reid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2005 :  01:38:14  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Thomas

You and Sean wouldnt have created a "Justice Archon" for CoV would you?

The D&D mini team posted a picture of a mini for one this week which also said you wont find RPG stats for it as its new... So Im guessing it will be in a yet to be released product. Given the whats left of WOTC 2005 range Id peg CoV as the mostly likely product to have the Justice Archons stats

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2005 :  19:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

You and Sean wouldnt have created a "Justice Archon" for CoV would you?

Nope. It's possible the development team went in and added something like that, but neither of us turned over any Justice Archon entry.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  13:29:45  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

I just dropped by to ask if you will be writing in the upcoming Realms of the Elves anthology or if you know anything about who will be.

By the way, loved your Insurrection. Sorry I couldn't pick up your Scions trilogy, though.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  13:58:03  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn

I just dropped by to ask if you will be writing in the upcoming Realms of the Elves anthology or if you know anything about who will be.

My editor at WotC hasn't mentioned anything about it to me, so probably not. And no, I don't know who is involved. I'll do some digging though, and if I can find out anything interesting, I'll post an update.

quote:
By the way, loved your Insurrection.

Great! I'm pleased to hear it.

quote:
Sorry I couldn't pick up your Scions trilogy, though.

Not as sorry as I am.
Hopefully, you will be able to read them at some point in the near future.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2005 :  03:38:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is currently a debate going on in the FR chat forum over whether Paladins can keep slaves. One of the posters kept refering back to 1st edition to say what a Paladin can cant do

To me what a paladin can and cant do should depend on the Deity he serves. A one sizes fits all Paladins code just doesnt work, given the sheer number of Deities in the realms that have Paladin orders

So my question

Does Champions of Valor have a does and do donts for the various Paladin orders?

*Seans already said that you guys did stuff with Paladins in CoV

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  02:19:40  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

So my question

Does Champions of Valor have a does and do donts for the various Paladin orders?

*Seans already said that you guys did stuff with Paladins in CoV

I believe there is some info about this topic in the book, but Sean wrote that, and he'd be a better source for answering exactly how close to topic it would be.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  10:20:29  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Thomas,

Will there be any Helm-themed material in CoV? Helm did not get a lot of love since 3rd Edition came out and I was wondering if we might hope for a guild or an order to be fleshed out (maybe a PrC or some crunchy goodies?).

In advance, thanks for your reply.

Bocklin

PS: Btw. I asked the same question over on Sean's thread, but thought you might want to say something as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  10:27:42  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bocklin

Hi Thomas,

Will there be any Helm-themed material in CoV? Helm did not get a lot of love since 3rd Edition came out and I was wondering if we might hope for a guild or an order to be fleshed out (maybe a PrC or some crunchy goodies?).

In advance, thanks for your reply.

Bocklin

PS: Btw. I asked the same question over on Sean's thread, but thought you might want to say something as well.

Seans already answer abit info on Helmites in CoV, Ive reposted it in Seans thread

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  14:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bocklin

Oh, yes. There will be plenty of the sort of information you are looking for in the book.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  21:05:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thomas M. Reid,

I just wanted to compliment you on The Emerald Scepter. The novel was a fine ending to a very well done trilogy. Additionally, the story's conclusion and the vast array of fascinating character makes me eager to hear what exactly your next FR trilogy will focus on. Good luck in the future on all your endeavors. I take it with all this work, you'll simply have to be a semi-professional couch flopper?

SB
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  23:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Thomas M. Reid,

I just wanted to compliment you on The Emerald Scepter. The novel was a fine ending to a very well done trilogy. Additionally, the story's conclusion and the vast array of fascinating character makes me eager to hear what exactly your next FR trilogy will focus on. Good luck in the future on all your endeavors. I take it with all this work, you'll simply have to be a semi-professional couch flopper?

SB

Well met

My word, it's SiriusBlack. Hope thou art well, Sirius. I was only just wondering where ye had got to of late I'm VERY intrigued and excited about The Emerald Sceptre, and am further surprised that thou hast located this novel AND read it already. Tell me, how did you enjoy it in comparison to the other two books in the trilogy? The Sapphire Crescent and The Ruby Guardian are two of my favorite tomes, and i'd be interested to hear thy views (in the Emerald Sceptre thread mayhaps)

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  23:44:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

My word, it's SiriusBlack. Hope thou art well, Sirius. I was only just wondering where ye had got to of late

I'd been wondering that, myself.

I guess the third book being out means I need to start reading this trilogy.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  02:00:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Well met

My word, it's SiriusBlack. Hope thou art well, Sirius. I was only just wondering where ye had got to of late

I'd been wondering that, myself.

I guess the third book being out means I need to start reading this trilogy.

And I have to endure the "long wait" for it to be released here .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  04:35:46  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just wanted to compliment you on The Emerald Scepter. The novel was a fine ending to a very well done trilogy.

Thanks much, Sirius. I'm very glad you enjoyed the series, and I'm pleased the last book is out.

quote:
Additionally, the story's conclusion and the vast array of fascinating character makes me eager to hear what exactly your next FR trilogy will focus on. Good luck in the future on all your endeavors. I take it with all this work, you'll simply have to be a semi-professional couch flopper?

Yes, sadly, I've been temporarily forced to hang up my flopping uniform -- the demands of the comfy chair in my office are just too strong to ignore.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2005 :  22:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

Yes, sadly, I've been temporarily forced to hang up my flopping uniform -- the demands of the comfy chair in my office are just too strong to ignore.

Thomas

Thomas, I don't have The Emerald Sceptre yet but am EXTREMELY looking forward to it. The previous two books are two of my all-time favorite FR novels. I love the approach you have taken to include less combat and more mystery and intrigue. I'm eager to read book 3 and can't imagine it could possibly surpass the quality of the first 2 books

As Sirius states, can you reveal if you will be writing more novels for the Realms? I certainly hope so, you're a great asset to the FR novel line and would love to hear what else you have planned.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2005 :  04:42:32  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

As Sirius states, can you reveal if you will be writing more novels for the Realms?

First off, thanks for the compliments. I'm very pleased that you've enjoyed the series thus far.

To answer your question, yes I will be writing some more FR books. I am currently contracted to write another trilogy for the setting, with titles coming out in '06, '07, and '08. But I cannot say anything more than that right now. When the opportunity presents itself, I will reveal a bit more.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2005 :  03:39:58  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But I cannot say anything more than that right now. When the opportunity presents itself, I will reveal a bit more.

Thomas

Might opportunity present itself in say 10-15 days?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2005 :  05:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Might opportunity present itself in say 10-15 days?

Um, afraid not. Unless someone at WotC is planning something I'm not aware of for the show.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  19:19:53  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am not sure if this question should be posted here. A simple question. What is a Halanthi priest? And, where can I find more information about them? Hmm, two questions there.

I am reading The Sapphire Crescent, and it was there I found an entry about those fellows ... ((Yes, I will read Evermeet .. I just had already started with this novel.))

Over and out,
webmanus

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/
Go to Top of Page

Misericordia
Seeker

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  19:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Misericordia's Homepage Send Misericordia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halanti if I remember well is a title for Waukeen's priests, so you can check in Faith & Avatars (I don't have here so I can't seek if it has informations):

Omnia sunt communia.
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  19:39:16  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, correct, Halanthi is title in the church of Waukeen; Faiths & Avatars, page 178. Thanks Misericordia!

/webmanus

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/
Go to Top of Page

Misericordia
Seeker

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  19:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Misericordia's Homepage Send Misericordia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to help you!
We had a Halanthi npc in an old campaign, so the name made ring some bells in my head!

Omnia sunt communia.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  21:31:18  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curse thee Thomas M Reid! For thou hath verily ruined my beauty-sleep (ok, so I'm not very good at Shakespearean English, the reallys sad thing is that my late-16th century Swedish is even worse). Three hours past midnight did I remain awake because once I'd started reading the Emerald Sceptre at 11:30, I could not put it down. A pox upon thine house for scribing such a well-crafted (and beautifully set up by the two earlier parts of the trilogy) tale of suspense and action. I kid you not, I normally hurry past action-scenes, and normally a book with so much of it would not be able to hold my attention, but this one. Curse thee

Seriously, loved it Thomas. Please write more of these, and I promise you'll have at least one sale assured.

[edit] I'd made ol' Bill 100 years too young Silly typos.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 20 Aug 2005 21:46:01
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  21:12:23  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got finished reading Insurrection for the second time and I just wanted to say you did an excellent job in writing that story Mr.Reid.
I haven't read any of your other books because I mostly read about the Underdark but Im pretty sure there good. Anyways I have a question. Did any of House Melarn(other than Hilisstra)survive the destruction of Ched Nassad?

Endure, in enduring we grow strong.
-Dak'kon, Planescape Torment
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  16:55:15  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Seriously, loved it Thomas. Please write more of these, and I promise you'll have at least one sale assured.

Very glad you enjoyed it! Now, let's see . . . one book, cover price, $75,000.00 . . . yeah, I should be good to go.

quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

Did any of House Melarn(other than Hilisstra)survive the destruction of Ched Nassad?

Almost certainly, though if/when you will see any of them in published product remains to be seen.

Incidentally, Dargoth asked me if I might have more to reveal about my next FR trilogy after Gen Con. At the time, I didn't think I would be able to, but my editor is full of surprises. He revealed to a crowd in a seminar a smidgeon of what we have planned, so I can now officially announce that I will be writing a new trilogy about Aliisza and Kaanyr Vhok, two of the characters from the War of the Spider Queen series.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  17:22:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
He revealed to a crowd in a seminar a smidgeon of what we have planned, so I can now officially announce that I will be writing a new trilogy about Aliisza and Kaanyr Vhok, two of the characters from the War of the Spider Queen series.

Thomas

Here's a question about this announcement that you might be able to answer....

Did WOTC come to you with this idea or did you approach them with this new trilogy?

Thanks in advance if you can answer that query.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  17:24:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Incidentally, Dargoth asked me if I might have more to reveal about my next FR trilogy after Gen Con. At the time, I didn't think I would be able to, but my editor is full of surprises. He revealed to a crowd in a seminar a smidgeon of what we have planned, so I can now officially announce that I will be writing a new trilogy about Aliisza and Kaanyr Vhok, two of the characters from the War of the Spider Queen series.

Thomas

Has the new trilogy a name, or anything else you can tell us about?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  22:49:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thomas

Well met

This is absolutely splendid news, Thomas Thank ye for sharing this with us. I'm particularly looking forward to this as they were two very interesting characters from the series that intrigued me greatly. Tell me, if ye can, will the events in thy new trilogy be directly following from WotSQ, or is it a tale prior to this event?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  23:03:44  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow This is great news! I was secretly hoping that WotC would do something like this after I finished WotSQ

Tell us more, Thomas. Dangling that carrot is just downright cruel

Are we to see anything of Hellgate Keep and the events of the Gatekeeper's Crystal?

When is the expected release date for book 1? yeah I know, i'm just too eager

...and stop reading this post and get typing that story up

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  23:50:42  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did WOTC come to you with this idea or did you approach them with this new trilogy?

They approached me. There are a few plot elements that will play a larger role in the Realms, but the vast majority of the story is mine whole cloth.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Has the new trilogy a name, or anything else you can tell us about?

We're not even that far along yet.

quote:

Tell me, if ye can, will the events in thy new trilogy be directly following from WotSQ, or is it a tale prior to this event?

It doesn't follow directly (there are a couple of intervening incidents in some upcoming Realms products), but it is definitely subsequent to WotSQ.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Are we to see anything of Hellgate Keep and the events of the Gatekeeper's Crystal?

Too soon to tell.

quote:
When is the expected release date for book 1? yeah I know, i'm just too eager

November '06.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly