Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Thomas M Reid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2005 :  06:31:06  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As George and Wolly have already said the cat is out of the bag Thomas

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Jargan
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  02:19:24  Show Profile  Visit Jargan's Homepage Send Jargan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This isn't really a question...I just want to say nice job on Insurrection!

" It's are wits that make us men."
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  00:42:31  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delayed replies -- my family and I took a little driving vacation over my kids' Spring Break.

Since everyone knows that Champions of Valor is on the list, I can tell you that Sean Reynolds, Eric Boyd, and I worked on it. It's designed to be a compliment to Champions of Ruin and will contain organizations, PrCs, feats, magic items, substitution levels, and some locales, and we tried to design it so that we managed a good cross section of classes and alignments. Other than that, I should wait until WotC says it's all right to reveal more.

quote:
Originally posted by Ethriel

Was it difficult to set up the destruction of such a prominent city to the Drow? Or the characterizations of Zammzt and the Ruling Council (I take it Aunrae and the others are resting in the Demonweb at the moment) especially knowing Zammzt's true alleigances at the end.

No, it wasn't difficult at all. I knew what I wanted to do with the plot line going in (working off an outline we put together beforehand), and it was actually quite fun working in so much destruction.
quote:
And that final scene with Jeggred and Faerl was intensly disturbing and brutal...so in that note, excellent work!

Thanks!

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  00:44:12  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jargan

This isn't really a question...I just want to say nice job on Insurrection!

Many thanks, Jargan!

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  01:15:09  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance you included some Initiate of X feats amongst the feats included in CoV?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  05:24:56  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Any chance you included some Initiate of X feats amongst the feats included in CoV?

Yep.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  05:58:58  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
excellent

Hopefully there will be a few (ill be real happy if theres as many as there where in PGTF)

I wonder if there will be some in Champions of Ruin

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  06:05:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good point.

The "Initiate of" feats have been some of my favorite crunch items from the most recent tomes.

Some demon-based feats for inclusion in CoR would be ideal...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  11:42:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

That's a good point.

The "Initiate of" feats have been some of my favorite crunch items from the most recent tomes.

Some demon-based feats for inclusion in CoR would be ideal...

I agree. The Initiate feats may be crunch, but it's a bit of crunch that adds flavor to a character.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  17:29:36  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thomas,

If you're around could you drop into this thread and try to answer this poster. :)

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=417437

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  23:58:46  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Thomas,

If you're around could you drop into this thread and try to answer this poster. :)

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=417437

Did what I could. Thanks for letting me know.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  13:52:55  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Mr. Reid,

I wanted to drop a line and let you know that I'm currently on page 100 or so in The Sapphire Crescent, and I'm enjoying it tremendously.

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Crust on 25 Apr 2005 13:54:21
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  03:21:38  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crust

I wanted to drop a line and let you know that I'm currently on page 100 or so in The Sapphire Crescent, and I'm enjoying it tremendously.

Hey, glad to hear it. Let me know what you think when you're done.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  15:28:37  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi Thomas,

I know it's a little early, but I would like to know if there's anything in the new Champions of Valor that talks about the Harpers. Any new options/feats/prestige class and whether this group has any relation to the Moonstars (in terms of crunch)?

Monch
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  17:46:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I myself would like to see more info on the Moonstars... I thought the Harper Schism and the birth of the Tel'Teukiira a wonderful development.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2005 :  03:00:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Steven once mentioned something on the Mailing List about not resolving the Harpers Schism for at least four-to-six years.

Suffice it to say, I would like to see just what are ALL the long term goals that Khelben determined they (being the Moonstars) would be needed to achieve...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2005 :  11:29:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As I recall, Steven once mentioned something on the Mailing List about not resolving the Harpers Schism for at least four-to-six years.

Suffice it to say, I would like to see just what are ALL the long term goals that Khelben determined they (being the Moonstars) would be needed to achieve...

Ditto that... I'm also curious about the threat that he saw that caused him to do everything he did to cause the Schism.

Go to Top of Page

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2005 :  12:31:31  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look what I found in Sean K Reynold's site.

Sean says :

I don't think there's an official blurb on it other than the advanced catalog entries, which amount to "here's what's coming up in month X, we're just giving you the title right now."

The book is really about orgs you can join, and as the Seven Sisters are pretty much an exclusive club in that regard, there isn't an "organization" entry on them in the same way that there is for certain paladin orders and good secret societies. However, they do have their influence in at least one new organization, including a special tie to its founding member.

Full link here :
http://p082.ezboard.com/fseankreynoldsboardsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=981.topic

quote:
Originally posted by monch9

Hi Thomas,

I know it's a little early, but I would like to know if there's anything in the new Champions of Valor that talks about the Harpers. Any new options/feats/prestige class and whether this group has any relation to the Moonstars (in terms of crunch)?

Monch

Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2005 :  15:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monch9

A decision was made early on in the process that the Harpers had a lot of material on them already, and we chose instead to work on other, lesser-developed groups. So no, there's not (unless they changed their mind and had the developers add stuff in at some point after it left our hands).

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2005 :  17:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note to Mr. Reid:

The Ruby Guardian was just awesome. I was so delighted to see the plot unfold. I loved every character. You connect things very well, darn near perfectly. Scions of Arrabar is shaping up to be one of my favorite trilogies in the Realms library. I'm dying to get my hands on The Emerald Scepter. Thanks for a great read!

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2005 :  22:32:33  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crust

The Ruby Guardian was just awesome. I was so delighted to see the plot unfold. I loved every character. You connect things very well, darn near perfectly. Scions of Arrabar is shaping up to be one of my favorite trilogies in the Realms library. I'm dying to get my hands on The Emerald Scepter. Thanks for a great read!

Wow! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it that much. Thanks for coming on here and letting me know. That sort of stuff makes my day.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2005 :  19:46:13  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the Ruby Guardian today, and it was splendid!

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  04:25:38  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

I read the Ruby Guardian today, and it was splendid!

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  05:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Thomas did you or Sean do a"Good Nodes" for Champions of Valour?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  22:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Can you define what you mean by Good Nodes?

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  22:56:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

quote:

I believe he means the opposite of the evil nodes that were in the Champions of Ruin book.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  23:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

quote:

As in the opposite of the Evil Nodes found in CoR, one example I could think of where a good node might be found is in the glade Drizzt visits where he encounters the Unicorn

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  00:26:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or in sacred glades, or certain locales like the Dancing Place...

Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2005 :  22:31:21  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
As in the opposite of the Evil Nodes found in CoR, one example I could think of where a good node might be found is in the glade Drizzt visits where he encounters the Unicorn.

Oh, all right. My brain is just fuzzy -- when you used the word "node," I just automatically thought extraplanar node (ToEE, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

Yes, there are numerous special locations Sean and I created that bring weal to certain good-aligned individuals who enter them. Without going into too much detail, I'll share that I did up a special dwarven cave, a glade and pond, a secret tree-temple, and so forth. Sean did some others, but that was one of the last things we worked on, and he sent those directly to WotC (I think he CC'ed me with the files, which I saved, but I had moved on to another project by then and hadn't opened and read them).

Does that answer your question?

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2005 :  13:15:37  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That would be it

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page