Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 D&D 5E set for Summer 2014 release
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  18:30:43  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For some reason this wasn't being edited properly so I just used another post.

quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

Magic items:
Here is where I think there are a lot of mechanics that should show in Realms supplements. Weather cloaks, moon blades, Kiira, baneblades of demron, eversmoking pipes, the Lords' effects, harper pins and many more.

Spells:
Again, I think spells is an area where a lot of unique realms mechanics should reside. There are plenty of iconic realms spells such as ironguard or blackstaff that are unlikely to be handled in core supplemets.

Monsters:
I doubt baneguards, baneliches, Fey'ri, baelnorn, leucrotta, veserab, helmed horrors and draegloths will make a core monster manual. However, I would like stats for them.

Races:
Gensai, Fey'ri, Tanarukk and draegloths are all creatures that I could in the right campaign see as PCs or NPCs. It would convenient to have mechanics for those creatures.

Yep, 100% agree here. The question then is: How many supplement will it take for most of these core features to be published? I think they could get away with 3 Core books that detail most of these elements into a game. A Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book (similiar to 3E's in terms of page-count and depth), a Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (a combination of 3E version in terms of setting depth plus more focus on crunch like 4E's version), and a Realms Monster Compendium (a book containing most of the major villains and common monsters found only in the Forgotten Realms like Gibberlings and the monsters you listed).

These core elements (plus the PHB, MM, and DMG) could be the springboard to start nearly any sort and style of Adventure in the Forgotten Realms anyone could ever want. Additional info would, of course, come in through Dragon and Dungeon content and articles released specifically for the Forgotten Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  10:56:32  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to admit that I actually looking forward to the upcoming release of the new edition. I do have high hopes that we will get a worthy successor of the third edition now. Though, I am a bit nervous that we did not see any other official anouncements so far. I would really like to know when the new realms are coming to life and what exact products we are waiting for. Furthermore, I would like to know what the wizards planned to include the so called new media. Will they (finally) include a free pdf download for every book? Will they change the errate strategy?

Right now, I try to keep my hopes high and look for new information on the new edition.

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000