Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 A Belated (And Slightly Embarrassed) Greeting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2013 :  17:35:08  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, one and all! I am Drustan Dwnhaedan, an adventurer of the Forgotten Realms. I realize that I probably should have introduced myself when I registered a couple of days ago, but I got a bit distracted looking for information about Eilistraee (she's rather important to the main character of a series of stories I've been trying write). I apologize for my lack of proper manners, and hope I am forgiven. I'm also new to being on a forum, and other members' advice and patience will be greatly appreciated, and I just realized I still haven't introduced myself properly. My stomach's getting all knotted up when I think of how many people are going to read this, and I'm beginning to prattle on like nutcase, aren't I?

*several deep breaths later* Okay, now for a bit about myself. I'm a 26 year-old D&D gamer who lives in Colorado Springs. My interests are Eilistaree, dark elves, elves in general, Hanali Celanil, Sune, Lliira, Sharess (some of you might have noticed a certain single-minded pattern at this point), saurials, unusual or monstrous races, learning even more about the Realms, talking about my characters, and being snarky. I'm currently trying to write two different sets of stories about my primary character, Drustan Dwnhaedan; the first series is canonically correct (and is depressing the *bleep* out of me), the second is based on Drustan's actual adventures, which are largely too silly/raunchy/ridiculous to even be considered canon, and possibly too raunchy to ever see the light of day. Come to think of it, my 'canon' stories get rather, ah, descriptive about certain things. I'm also trying (and failing spectacularly) to convert my dad's old 1e/1e Advanced world to 3.5 rules, and am trying to write ANOTHER series of tales set in said world. At this point, some of you have probably concluded I'm stark raving mad. You'd be right, but so long as you're all willing to overlook that little flaw, we'll get along fine.

And that's it, basically. Fare ye well, 'til next we meet.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2013 :  18:05:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2013 :  18:43:24  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome indeed. Eilistraee is a rather favorite interest of me as well. I have gotten Ed Greenwood to answer a few questions concerning her and the religion.

Some of Ed's answers are collected at http://eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=384 an Eilistraee discussion forum.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  03:45:13  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There have been plenty of discussions about Eilistraee and the dark elves recently. You'll fit right in :)

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  04:54:54  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  02:20:28  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  13:52:33  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  15:02:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You had me at raunchy.....

May your sword be ever wet and your bottom dry

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  16:14:20  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

You had me at raunchy.....

May your sword be ever wet and your bottom dry

They always are (though the former hasn't been nearly as easy as the latter).
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  14:15:35  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll add my hello and well met
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  00:48:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, welcome to the 'Keep. Enjoy the lore and ask lots of questions and provide just as many answers and opinions!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2013 :  19:35:01  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome good sir. Welcome aboard :)
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  04:33:23  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and welcome to Candlekeep, Drustan!

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000