Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Realmslore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  05:06:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Is it canon that Bahamut has become interested with cormyr?

Interested in what way?

Indeed.

What place do you see Bahamut occupying in the Realms?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  06:50:59  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Id say hes refering to the article I did for Candlekeep

The answer to your question is no its not offical (unless WOTC want to start issueing me pay checks)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  13:34:55  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

The answer to your question is no its not offical (unless WOTC want to start issueing me pay checks)

Yhey should start paying you. It is a bloody good idea.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  15:51:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

What place do you see Bahamut occupying in the Realms?

A big one, obviously.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  15:59:46  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's exactly what I thought he was refering to, but wanted to confirm with the scribe first.

I'd be flattered Dargoth if this proves true. Your standard answer if ever asked this question again should be, "No, it's not official, but it's good enough to be."
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2005 :  15:18:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That's exactly what I thought he was refering to, but wanted to confirm with the scribe first.

I'd be flattered Dargoth if this proves true. Your standard answer if ever asked this question again should be, "No, it's not official, but it's good enough to be."

Where can I find this article?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2005 :  15:23:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

quote:

quote:

Where can I find this article?

Well met

Dargoth's article on this can be found in the Traveler's Notebooks section of the library, in particular - just here.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2005 :  16:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you much Big Al!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  19:53:27  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Alaundo, if you would peruse this scroll (http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4161)which I first began shortly after I arrived, I would be greatly honored, especially if it makes you forget my comments about your fashion sense.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  00:15:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Great Alaundo, if you would peruse this scroll (http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4161)which I first began shortly after I arrived, I would be greatly honored, especially if it makes you forget my comments about your fashion sense.

Well met

Indeed I will, KnightErrantJR

Oh, and fear not, I already have ye on my "special" list

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  00:46:20  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did I mention that I ordered you some nice Sembian robes with gold brokade and little dancing halflings all over them? And a nice padded cover to keep then end of the Staff of the Irritated Moderatornice and warm (and padded).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  03:08:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Indeed I will, KnightErrantJR

Oh, and fear not, I already have ye on my "special" list

Aw, I thought I was the only scribe on that list...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  08:41:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oh not at all, Wooly. Thou art just at the top of the list

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  08:42:15  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did I mention that I ordered you some nice Sembian robes with gold brokade and little dancing halflings all over them? And a nice padded cover to keep then end of the Staff of the Irritated Moderatornice and warm (and padded).

Well met

Oh goody, it sounds wonderful ::jumps around with glee::

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  17:23:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oh not at all, Wooly. Thou art just at the top of the list

Ah, well, that's a relief. 'Tis good to be at the top!

Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  23:02:59  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

I've got a 10,000 words story I could submit, but I'm not sure if it is too large for these boards (it won me 1st place at the Crossroad Tavern's Bardic Competition hosted by WotC, but compared to what's on the Candlekeep boards, it's not that great - i.e. don't expect a masterpiece!)

I also have a 2ed edition god write-up. Again, I'm not sure if your call includes this kind of info...

Im Eagerly looking forward to see that if can some day..
If it really won it cant be bad, besides that competition was qualitied one too
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  06:52:35  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dearest Alaundo, he of the finely tailored dancing halfling robes . . .

Might I interest you in my particular contribution "the Legend of Iakhovis" from this scroll?

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4749
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  08:46:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dearest Alaundo, he of the finely tailored dancing halfling robes . . .

Might I interest you in my particular contribution "the Legend of Iakhovis" from this scroll?

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4749

Well met

Most certainly, KnightErrantJR. I already had my eye on this piece of lore

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  14:33:52  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He he . . . thank you most learned stick weilder . . .
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2006 :  08:46:35  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, all thee!

I have worked out a prestige class for a dwarven cleric of Moradin of my FR Campaign based on the divine disciple (p. 43 FRCS) and material from the 2nd. Ed. Accessory Dwarves Deep (FR11). There they introduce high-level clerics as "High Old One" with special powers granted by their gods.

Any interest?

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 16 Jun 2006 08:52:41
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2006 :  04:09:00  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely Ergdusch,

I've used a High Old One NPC to be a mentor to PCs in an old dwarven campaign. Always liked dwarves and would love to see your take on these. I think Krashos is onto all things dwarven too.

EvilKnight
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  17:30:07  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello

I have just joined Candlekeep and posted a blurb about my "Days of Thunder" ideas, if you would like I could expand on them

I do have a question...should I conform my ideas to the articles already published in the Candle Keep Compendiums? or any other articles in the Library?

Kalin

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  17:56:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

Hello

I have just joined Candlekeep and posted a blurb about my "Days of Thunder" ideas, if you would like I could expand on them

I do have a question...should I conform my ideas to the articles already published in the Candle Keep Compendiums? or any other articles in the Library?

Kalin

I'd say to write them in whatever format is most comfortable for you.

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  20:04:05  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have another question, but not too much time to search for the answer myself so sorry if it already answered elsewhere...

what is Candlekeep's postion on non-Forgotten Realms or non-D&D d20 material being used? Can you adapt other's material as long as you give them credit? or can you use it outright, even though it is not "official" D&D and/or non-Forgotten Realms?

Kalin

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  21:16:52  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oops, another question:

in what format would you like submissions to be in? Microsoft? Corel? spreadsheets or word files?

Kalin

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  22:07:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have another question, but not too much time to search for the answer myself so sorry if it already answered elsewhere...

what is Candlekeep's postion on non-Forgotten Realms or non-D&D d20 material being used? Can you adapt other's material as long as you give them credit? or can you use it outright, even though it is not "official" D&D and/or non-Forgotten Realms?

Kalin

Well met, kalin agrivar

Being a Forgotten Realms resource, we only accept material specific to the Realms. Some generic D&D material may be permitted, depending on the subject matter and usability for the Realms. If ye wish to discuss further, please feel free to email me

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  22:08:48  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

oops, another question:

in what format would you like submissions to be in? Microsoft? Corel? spreadsheets or word files?

Kalin

Well met

Aye, Word is the prefered format for documents. Spreadsheets are also accepted. Note that depending on the size and content of the document, it may be formatted for viewing on the web (although we do tend to offer the original document as a download if need be).

Graphics should be sent in as JPEG or GIF.

Thank ye for thy interest

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  19:45:21  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Let it be known that we are now more actively seeking Realms material and urging fellow scribes of Candlekeep to send forth their personal works and collections to share with other Forgotten Realms fans here in the library, to add to the ever growing vaults of Realmslore made available for all to see.

Therefore, any such material penned by yourself on any Realms subject will be greatfully appreciated. Whether it be official reproductions and collected material or your own expansions, we will be happy to hear from you.

For example, please stop by and take a look at the scrolls found in the Travelers Notebooks room, Adventures in Faerun and Realms Lore chambers. Notes and Journals are also welcome, other such items can be read here.

Of course, your contribution will be well credited and your name listed with your work and on the main credits scroll.

If ye have anything you wish to submit or have any queries then please contact me.

Thank ye for your time.

Vendui', Alaundo.

I am wondering if I have posted my poem titled 'A Vhaeraunite Christmas Carol'. If so, then can that be selected as Realms Lore??

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  01:03:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say sure... go ahead.

We've had humorous takes on the Realms posted as Realmslore before -- the Bookwyrm's original humorous tales based around certain RSE were a real hoot!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  08:24:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

Vendui', Alaundo.

I am wondering if I have posted my poem titled 'A Vhaeraunite Christmas Carol'. If so, then can that be selected as Realms Lore??

Well met

Aye, I don't see why not, Drakul For those who are wondering, it has been penned here.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic