Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Wiki!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  16:57:56  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It kills me that I can't do more work on the wiki. The wiki is my baby but my computer hasn't been connected to the internet for a year.

I had about three months of internet before then and around 4 years without a connection before that.

It's all I can do to sign in at the library whenever I have a spare moment but I live in a very rural community so if I have problems connecting at home I'm basically screwed. *cries*

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 07 Aug 2013 16:59:14
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2013 :  04:13:29  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to confirm if the information here:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Middle_Mukshar
is genuine or homebrew and what source it comes from. Previously, it had a picture of a "Canterly Hill" (actually a real-world castle) and "Rubbishford Gate" seems such a dumb name. I'd love to lay this pesky thing to rest.

Unfortunately, the online articles on the Border Kingdoms stopped at High Mukshar. :(

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2013 :  15:30:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BadCatMan

I just wanted to confirm if the information here:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Middle_Mukshar
is genuine or homebrew and what source it comes from. Previously, it had a picture of a "Canterly Hill" (actually a real-world castle) and "Rubbishford Gate" seems such a dumb name. I'd love to lay this pesky thing to rest.

Unfortunately, the online articles on the Border Kingdoms stopped at High Mukshar. :(

The general terrain information looks to be canon. However, I don't recall any references to gold mines [other than the famed Treasures of Tiirglaros, which is said to be "a vast sea of gold coins"] in Middle Mukshar, nor their discovery by dwarven prospectors either.

The druuth are indeed a problem for adventuring bands in the region. And there are references to monstrous nasties plaguing the land. But nowhere is there mention of these obstacles preventing a gold rush in Middle Mukshar.

I don't remember dwarves being numbered among the population, but humans, halflings, a few gnomes, and some half-elves are said to call Middle Mukshar home.

I'm going all from memory, of course, but most of what I've read on that Wiki entry doesn't look like it comes from the original source for Middle Mukshar in POLYHEDRON #134. [There was no 3e update for Middle Mukshar in the "Border Kingdoms" chapter of Power of Faerūn.] I'll need to check the article to be sure.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Aug 2013 15:31:30
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000