Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Coolest and best race!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  17:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings!!
Here can we discuss wich race that is the coolest and the best.
I would prefer if we keept too humanoid races, becouse many races, like dragons, are much more powerful then humans, elfs and so on.

Personally I prefer the most elfen subraces.

These are my favorites for now:
-Avariel
-Drow
-Sea elf

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 24 Jan 2004 20:30:00

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  18:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow or half Drow. I dont tend to like the Lolthite culture, I tend towards more male oriented gods/demigods of the Drow pantheon. But all in all I like the culture for what it is.
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  19:06:08  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humans r the dominant race

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  19:33:03  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you mean dominant as in the best or like: they are teh race that dominates most lands?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Demonwise
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  19:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Demonwise's Homepage Send Demonwise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think ill go with halflings...
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  20:27:17  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

Drow or half Drow. I dont tend to like the Lolthite culture, I tend towards more male oriented gods/demigods of the Drow pantheon. But all in all I like the culture for what it is.

Are you perhaps a follower of Vhearaun?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  20:30:47  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demonwise

I think ill go with halflings...

Really? Why?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Purple_Faerie Goddess
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  21:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Purple_Faerie Goddess's Homepage Send Purple_Faerie Goddess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite race are the Wood elves. They are so intune to nature.

'May all your days be filled with faery magick.'
'It wasn't me, I swear.'
'There is neither evil or good. There is only me.'
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  21:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With respect my goddess!!
They are okey but I think they can try too sheare the forest a little more, its ours too you know.

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 24 Jan 2004 21:36:10
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  21:58:56  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I guess it be my turn, Aye two races are similar (although at eachothers throats) and one is far removed.

-Drow (and the Lolthite culture with it)
- Wood elves ( Simply since they are reclusive)
- Svirfneblin ( Deep Gnomes as they are untrusting of all... As Am I)

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  22:10:55  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Svirfneblin? Untrusting?
Thats becouse they are constantly being hunted down by the drow isent it?
Dident know they where specally untrusting tought.
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  22:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that humans are the most dominant race, their ambitions and greed create and destroy everything.
And the cold grace of elves are very attractive, they are elegant and beautiful but isolated and promises very little improvement and chane of life.
Drow are lost in their web of intrigue, full of hatred which can be very cool time to time.
Halflings are merry little fools their simple minded life style can be a good way of escaping from responsiblities
My choise is greedy and ambitous parasites sucking on the core of life, humans until everything is consumed

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  22:16:58  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roewyn: Do you mean that you think the humans are the coolest or the best too play with?
Anyway the elfes have the best apperance.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  22:55:01  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being with the winner is the coolest and yes I prefer playing humans.
But you are right, elves have the best looks if only they didn't have those grand ears.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  23:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But thats what make them cool, , the big ears that is.
And I think it is a little silly too call the humans winners, becouse many of the elfs acctually are leaving Fearun, but also becouse some elfs, like wood, just wants too be alone and be disturbed in their presius little forests.
But the humans was the best too play with since they could be any class they wanted too in the old Realms PC games.
Personally I think that stinks.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  23:20:07  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a rumour that elves' extra ordinary listening abilities are because of their big ears

Maybe elves' love of nature and pieceful and conservative life style made humans the winners and there is also a population issue.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  23:59:29  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say the fey'ri. it is said that ther favored class is sorcerer but the make marvelous thiefs.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  03:04:13  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calis h i t e s are my fave, they are superior to everyone else in every possible way, everyone else are just orcs anyway (spoken like a true Calis h i t e)

Seriously though, I tend to like most races since most of them have strengths that can be admired in some way. I think mindflayers tops the list though. Their pursuit of knowledge is admirable as well as their skills as psions, psychic warriors, mages, sorcerors and clerics. They do have nasty eating habits but so do most humans anyway. The Cormyrean specialty which involves live baby eels comes to mind

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Belfar
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  05:48:56  Show Profile Send Belfar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite race would have to be humans. Humans are much easier for me to play than the other races since they are the most diverse and changing. I also like dwarves as a close second and halflings are probably my third. Well I suppose humans are the most dominating race out of all of the basic humanoid races.
Go to Top of Page

Feawen
Acolyte

Australia
25 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  05:57:13  Show Profile  Visit Feawen's Homepage Send Feawen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avariel, Sea Elves.

Nice work Ezindir.

Honourable metion to: Dwarfs, Humans and Drow.

quote:
There is a rumour that elves' extra ordinary listening abilities are because of their big ears

Maybe elves' love of nature and pieceful and conservative life style made humans the winners and there is also a population issue.

Or maybe its just that Elves dont breed like rabbits
Besides, maybe the Elves dont want to rule - much better to drink and make merry with the female elves

-=Current Character: Iyanden, Chaotic Neutral Elven Swashbuckler=-

Edited by - Feawen on 25 Jan 2004 06:23:54
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  07:01:34  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Do you mean dominant as in the best or like: they are the race that dominates most lands?

i mean dominant as in overpowering

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  07:07:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not another one of these! Don't we have enough scrolls on this topic buried? There's a reason they die -- the drow-lovers get too adamant about it and everyone else stops posting . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  10:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Feawen

Avariel, Sea Elves.

Nice work Ezindir.

Honourable metion to: Dwarfs, Humans and Drow.

quote:

Or maybe its just that Elves dont breed like rabbits
Besides, maybe the Elves dont want to rule - much better to drink and make merry with the female elves

Yes indeed it is.
But as for humans: They are mayhap the best too play with, but I think that is really stupid, I mean how is it that can live many centuries?
And I dont like too play with humans becouse it is the same race that we all are, soo I think it is kind of boring.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Jacinth Greyfox
Acolyte

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  13:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Jacinth Greyfox's Homepage Send Jacinth Greyfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I admire the Genasi the way they are in touch with the elements that make up Faerun. The whole concept of the race has inspired so many ideas for me and that i think is what you look for in evaluating whether or not a new race of creatures is a worthwhile addition to ones campaign no?

The Throne or the Tomb!
Go to Top of Page

Feawen
Acolyte

Australia
25 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  13:29:47  Show Profile  Visit Feawen's Homepage Send Feawen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But as for humans: They are mayhap the best too play with, but I think that is really stupid, I mean how is it that can live many centuries?
And I dont like too play with humans becouse it is the same race that we all are, soo I think it is kind of boring.

Agreed. Why play as a human when you could be an elf, half-orc, half-elf, dwarf, halfling, gnome ????

Besides, elves dont die. I kinda like that idea...

-=Current Character: Iyanden, Chaotic Neutral Elven Swashbuckler=-

Edited by - Feawen on 25 Jan 2004 13:55:56
Go to Top of Page

Naroon Shimmerflow
Learned Scribe

Norway
104 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  15:25:01  Show Profile Send Naroon Shimmerflow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the elfs are the coolest or best or whatever...

Their culture and all the details writen about them are just incredible. no race in th fr setting have so much information about them as the elfs.

they are majestic, graceful and powerful, they have the power to do almost anything. they are in one with the nature,and not abjuseing as the humans. they have respect for the nature because without it we would vanish.

well thats my oppinion.

Good dice rolls, beats good tactics anytime[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  15:59:35  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love humans for there greed and hatred. And the are the one who makes thing happen, elfs just sit in there hole and watch as they lose more and more ground to Humans. And who rule the world and are most in numbers humans
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  17:24:14  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I should have visited this topic far before now, but I've had exams...... THE BEST SUBRACE IS DROW!!!!! HOW COULD THERE BE ANYTHING BETTER??? And yes, Ezindir, I did convert Arteris to the Shadowy Path of The Masked Lord. Hehe, I've already converted three people! My newest acquisition is Jezz the Lame! In other words, MY LITTLE BROTHER!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  17:59:10  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HaHa, thats a good one Shade.
Cyric: The fact that humans are most in numbers is one of things that makes them boring too play with, right?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  18:06:31  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correct. I find them to be excruciatingly boring.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  19:32:03  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed, I would think that Humans are the last race to be played since they are already so large in numbers. I'd Take a A halfling or Svirfneblin with Megalomania over a plain, run of the mill human anyday.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000