Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Years Resolutions of Realms Characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  15:28:58  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's Jan 1, 2013. So what do you think would be the New Years Resolutions of the Mortals and Immortals of the Realms in the coming year?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  15:59:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith Craulnober: To hate less

Drizzt Do'Urden: To kill 100,000 Orcs (in style)

Szass Tam: Try, try again...

Random Halfling: Looking for a good place to stop, rest & eat

Manshoon: Kill Elminster, Same as last year, and the year before that...

Alusair Obarskyr: To feel the warmth of human embrace one last time

Elminster: To die

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  16:57:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra: To survive the next edition change.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  17:31:30  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fzoul: to pull my head out of a multitude of gods' arses...

The Elves: finally make a decision on where we will live...

The Dwarves: to cut orc-blood from their diet...

The Orcs: to actually act like orcs again...

The Dragons: remind everyone why it is called Dungeons and DRAGONS.

Manshoon: come out of hiding and let everyone know just who is boss "Will the REAL Manshoon please stand up..."

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  18:45:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

All elves: To be less annoying

War Wizards of Cormyr: To be more competent

Drizzt: To come out of the closet

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  21:20:25  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Entreri: To finally get some therapy for childhood issues.

Lolth: To be nicer. (Nah!!!)

Elminster: To finally retire and stop meddling- maybe.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  22:56:30  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mirt: More drink, more women, more fun!

Jaraxle: Have his hands in more pots..without anyone knowing about all of them (the usual)

Drizzt: To get new friends

Larloch: Silverfire

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  22:59:50  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obould: Kick more ass. Chew less bubblegum.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  02:03:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mirt:- "Time for another potion of longevity, aye."

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  02:35:38  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Random Halfling: Looking for a good place to stop, rest & eat

Random Halfling: To sample each and every establishment in Volo's Guides to...

Drizzt: To yank the hells out of that dang pony-tail of Dahlia's!

Jarlaxle: To get blamed/credited for even more happenings throughout the Realms

Pwent: To whack Dork'cry!

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  05:29:58  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The gods: how about all you dead ones coming back, ey?

Drizzt: stop being so emo and ditch Dahlia. Oh, and see his father again. And get Guen back!

Elves: stop with the whole moon elf, gold elf, green elf thing. You're all elves

Jarlaxle: just appear again

Valas: same as Jarl

Mystra: no more dying

Drow: more stories about Es and Vs (though apparently Wizards isn't interested in that)

More Unbroken Chain novels by Jeleigh Johnson

Araevin: s'up?

Shevarash: don't be corrupted by Shar, 'kay?

Authors whose works have been pushed to the wayside because of the Sundering to NOT have their works pushed to the wayside

See a follow-up book or two to Chosen of Nendawen (sp?). There was still so much to be done in that series, IMO.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  14:10:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds more like your wishlist, CD. You're breaking the 4th wall (I did that once, in a game session... but thats a story for another time).

Olive Ruskettle: Become the head of the Harpers (at least the eastern group)

Alias: Spend more 'family time' with my sisters

Dragonbait: "--------------" {the smell of cookies}

Nezram: {upon finally returning to Faerūn} What the hell happened?! {rolls up his sleeves} Time to fix things....

*Grammatical errors

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Jan 2013 18:22:04
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  06:15:27  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, maybe you're right, though it seems like other people were doing the same thing *shrugs*

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  16:07:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragonbait - "-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#" {the smell of him thinking "must quit eating beans from this world, they totally mess up my conversations"}

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  18:28:02  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arilyn: Help more elves. Get a less annoying sword. Put on some weight. Not kill Elaith.

Danilo: Finally figure out a way to get Arilyn into that dress from the end of Elfshadow. Make Arilyn laugh more. Make Elaith squirm.

Liriel: Have fun!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  18:56:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Danilo: Finally figure out a way to get Arilyn into that dress from the end of Elfshadow. Make Arilyn laugh more. Make Elaith squirm.

Good one!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  19:35:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kalen "Shadowbane" Dren: "To fight evil, promote justice, and glorify Helm!"

Myrin Darkdance: "To spread goodness and compassion to the needy and to find out more about my mysterious past!"

Ilira Nathalan: "To make more dresses, dance, and kill Kalen Dren."

Kalen: "Er, what?"

Ilira: "You heard me."

Fayne: "Bring it, biir shalta."

Ilira: "Brought it."

Lilten: "Brung!"

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  01:32:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Kalen "Shadowbane" Dren: "To fight evil, promote justice, and glorify Helm!"
I kind of imagine Batman saying something like this... only having Gotham replace Helm in the wording.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  04:34:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Pharaun Mizzrym: To die a final death

All the male drow: To see their bitch goddess die

Manshoon: To build resistance against the most powerful Earth-imported insecticides

Brennus: To personally kill Shar and Rivalen

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  06:01:54  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I don't think Phaeraun is happy being dead. He's in Lolth's realm, after all.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  06:09:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That was actually a jibe towards him being resurrected only to die a pointless death again.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  06:45:49  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which is exactly why he wouldn't want to die a final death, because he'd be in Lolth's realm. I'm a Phaeraun fan, and I got excited when he was resurrected, and mad when he was suddenly killed off again.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  07:45:10  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I liked him, too. But I'd rather him stay dead than be resurrected and tossed away like a useless rag doll.

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  15:41:01  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mirt: Lose weight... (doubt that'd happen)

Drizzt: Find some other great evil to defeat.

Elminster: Quit smoking.

Mystra: Get Optimus Prime to take my place the next time I'm supposed to die.

Captain Deudermont: Find another major pirate to defeat.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  15:57:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am tired of Pharaun being everyone's punching bag. The ending of the WotSQ = worst ending EVER (for me). It was a completees pointless after thought to kill him. They might as well have said, "Lolth farted and Pharaun couldn't take the smell. The end." It was just THAT BAD (for me).

I have an idea... I am going to make a demand: If something worthwhile isn't done with Pharaun in 5e, I will WALK AWAY FROM THE REALMS FOREVER. There... I said it. I just handed 'the powers that be' the ability to 'swat me like an annoying fly' (since I know some of them think of me that way). The gauntlet has been thrown.

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Jan 2013 15:59:06
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  21:09:01  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's quite the declaration. Phaeraun was one of my favorite characters in WotSQ (along with Ryld and Valas), and I was thrilled when he appeared in EO. But then they killed him again. If they don't do anything with him in 5e, I won't walk away, but it would be nice to see. He got totally ripped off, IMO, especially with his second death. He died in Celestia (I think that was the place) fighting for the "good" side, if you will, and I personally think he should have been rewarded for that, even though he told Taraun he thought Tyr (or maybe it was Torm) a cad. But still, going back to the Abyss/Demonweb Pits? Bleh. Then again, this is coming from a girl who is fascinated by souls and the afterlife in the Realms, so naturally I focus on that aspect, LOL.

I'd like to see Phaeraun in the future, but it sounds like Wizards will be doing limited work with the drow. Maybe in 5.5 or 6e, if there is such a thing? Still, that would be a long time from now. So while I won't leave the Realms just because of what happens to Phaeraun, it would be nice to see something done--and not a negative something. I could be wrong, but he was a pretty popular character.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  21:24:24  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't even care if they say he is dead of as of 5e, just do something with him other then make him a Mary-Sue (or Anti-Mary Sue) punching-bag.

<snip> Man, did I go on a rant (that I since erased).

I am just so tired of authors taking parts of the Realms (Irayclea) and killing them just to prove how uber-cool their characters are. HEY! How about leaving some toys for the folks paying for this setting?

Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2013 :  04:50:23  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

I'd like to see Phaeraun in the future, but it sounds like Wizards will be doing limited work with the drow. Maybe in 5.5 or 6e, if there is such a thing? Still, that would be a long time from now.

I am not entirely sure about that. I would hope that to be the case, but I would not hold my breath. New editions mean new money.
I just hope that they do not push a RSE to explain a new edition. 5.5

On topic:

Halaster: Take a vacation..maybe Sembia...

Cadderly: to be able to stand up (being bent over for so long is murder on the back)
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2013 :  05:46:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Limited work with the drow? Are you saying they'd deliberately prevent money from pouring in? Nah, I seriously doubt that.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2013 :  15:24:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, if anything they would rename Toril 'The Planet Drizzt' and produce a Menzo book every other week, if they thought they could get away with it.

Now, if anyone over there had a half a brain, they'd be thinking about releasing a "Forgotten Realms' card set for MtG, around the same time a 5e Realms Guide is released. If you are going to use one IP to prop-up another, you may as well tie them together somehow.

A world connected to all other worlds, a card-game based on Planeswalkers... it really sells itself. Their advertising can then do double-duty.

EDIT: Sheesh... talk about going off-topic! Back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Fzoul: Star in a theater production called "Magnum P.I"

Manshoon: Find a can-opener... it gets hot in this thing...

Mirt: Find another orphan-girl to raise (since the last one worked out so well )

King Obould: Scratch my butt. Then maybe kill sumthin.

Edited by - Markustay on 06 Jan 2013 20:29:52
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2013 :  20:21:07  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could be wrong, considering it is still earlier in the game, but I heard WotC wasn't interested in doing anything with the drow that wasn't tied to Lolth (I suppose Drizzt would be an exception).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000