Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Talltrees
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  21:35:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is supposed to be an Elven settlement in the Wealdath (Forest of Tethir), but I am now finding references to it being in the High Forest. I think some of this info may have been from the novels revolving around the Fey'ri (and not only haven't I read them, I don't even know which they are).

Are there two locations with this name? The High Forest reference (in regards to the Council of the Wood) claim it was the original capital of Eaerlann. I find it pretty bizarre if a High Forest Kingdom had its capital in a completely different forest.

Anyone have any info?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  00:51:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, same name. Different places.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  01:30:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I thought the names were just a little different.

I seem to recall Lost Empires of Faerūn mentioning Talltrees [note the spelling] being a place located in central region of the Wealdath.

Whereas, Eric Boyd's Mintiper's Chapbook article on 'Gildenfire', references details about the Tall Trees [this time, with a spacing] community found in the High Forest.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  05:45:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, Sage.

Anyone know where Teuveamanthaar/Tall Trees is located? I see a region with that name on the FRIA maps, but not a settlement. It seems to be the same vicinity though (because Hellgate Keep is supposed to be in worrisome proximity).

And while I am at it, I'm doing the High Forest ATM - anyone know of any other locales there that are obscure and I probably don't know about?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  08:24:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Anyone know where Teuveamanthaar/Tall Trees is located? I see a region with that name on the FRIA maps, but not a settlement. It seems to be the same vicinity though (because Hellgate Keep is supposed to be in worrisome proximity).
I can't recall whether the exact location of Teuveamanthaar has been referenced, but you may find this map to be somewhat useful.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000