Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mythals of Cormanthor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  17:07:54  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What effects do these mythals have and how powerfull are they.im thinkin about puttin them into my campain. Also are there any spell mantles for lower lvl chars?

-Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden

Naroon Shimmerflow
Learned Scribe

Norway
104 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  18:10:16  Show Profile Send Naroon Shimmerflow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that in 2nd ed the mythal in cormathor is very weak and would need some great deal of repair to function normal.

earlier when did work it had alot of powers, some which it gave to the elf living there. like the ability of flight and if something fell faster then a seartain speed it woul be afectet by a feather fall spell. No teleportation into the mythal are possible.no evil creature would be able to enter, Drow would not be able to enter iven if they were good aligm.
the mythal was a globe surrounding the whole city, also under ground.

Thats all i can remember for now, I`m sure people will correct me if something is wrong

there is much more to tell about the mythal, but i do not have my books where i am now.

NN. this is from the 2nd ed. FR.

Good dice rolls, beats good tactics anytime[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  20:51:41  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Cormanthyr empire of elves there is quite a lot to read on Mythals and other tidbits. I belive it can be downloaded from the WOTC home page.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  22:47:29  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool and thank you. i recently started reading the Eliminster books and have been thinking about putting there path through the ruins of cormanthor. Id also like to hear a little more about the Spell mantles because i think they are very intersesting..i was just wondering how it lasted for so long on these elves(as they seemed to have them functional at all times) and just assumed they are part of elven high magic.

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2004 :  23:49:45  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem. I think you can find most of the answers for those questions in the book, I just scanned through the part briefly.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  07:17:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I've expanded upon Realms 'Mythal' lore considerably since 2e. I have even generated some interesting new 'Rituals'...I don't really want to post anything here though, because I'm intending on sending it to Alaundo for posting on the main site. Look for it soon...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2004 :  22:44:49  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, swell. Hope it comes through, perhaps a discussion about your work can be written down on this scroll once the reales of it is completed. For the benefit of all of course.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  05:44:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is quite an extensive read, it averages to at least 15 pages at present, with still more information on the way (what that really means is, when I get the time to work on it...).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  10:49:32  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fear not my fellow scribe, you write and I read :-)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000