Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Erevis Cale and the fight for the Multiverse
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  14:23:52  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Some of you might not know that Erevis Cale is fighting for his and the multiverse's existence right now.

Go here and vote for the shadowy guy if you have a FB account or can get there some other way:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsf-fantasy.suvudu.com%2F2012%2F03%2Fcage-match-2012-round-3-erevis-cale-versus-rachel-morgan.html&h=UAQG8ck7yAQGdjsSp9OaiLQ4Ufww7KkWtFZfTSGFNwBAPbA

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Salacar
Acolyte

Denmark
33 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  21:08:16  Show Profile Send Salacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How have I not discovered this before now!? Thanks for the link =)

*Votes for Erevis of course*
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
497 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  21:26:54  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just voted. Looks like Cale's leading by a hair at the moment.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Salacar
Acolyte

Denmark
33 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  22:06:22  Show Profile Send Salacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really hoping he makes it all the way to the end, would be a shame to miss out on Paul's writing just because he got out-voted =(

Oh damn, this has made me long for a new Erevis Cale series yet again.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  16:26:59  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote's in; Erevis is still in the lead.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2012 :  16:57:29  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted. Erevis was ahead when I last looked.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  00:30:26  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-3-erevis-cale-versus-rachel-morgan.html

"Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight the rabid fangirls!!"

Rachel Morgan's horde of female fans are catching up! Please rally and show some Cale love!!! RAWR
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  00:48:59  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
voted for none of them.

no facebook account

hate facebook

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  00:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
erm I didn't vote with my facebook account (or any account at all). Follow my link to vote! Vote Cale!

Edit: Rachel Morgan has taken the lead. Spring forth Cale fanboys

Edited by - Aes Tryl on 22 Mar 2012 00:54:52
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  02:01:02  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

voted for none of them.

no facebook account

hate facebook

-You don't need Facebook to vote.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2012 :  04:52:56  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's down by about 130 votes.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Darsson Spellmaker
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2012 :  07:39:16  Show Profile Send Darsson Spellmaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'm not surprised by the outcome, it was refreshing to see Rachel Morgan use her magic so cleverly, and to deadly effect. She's usually the complete opposite in her novels, being a very impulsive and no-preparation kind of girl, except when it comes to potions and guns.

"Know, O mages, that there is learning, and there is wisdom, and they are very far from being the same thing."--Azuth the High One, Utterances from the Altar: Collected Verbal Manifestations of the Divine and Most Holy Lord of Spells (holy chapbook, assembled by anonymous priests of Azuth circa 1358 DR)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2012 :  14:41:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who the hell is Rachel Morgan?

Time to put my 43 FB accounts to good use.....

EDIT: Ugh... too late.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Mar 2012 14:44:41
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  14:23:01  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all (and thanks George for posting this). Much appreciated.

The story continues, with Cale facing Kylar Stern in this round. I hope you enjoy the write up. Please have a read and then maybe vote? :-)

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-4-erevis-cale-versus-kylar-stern.html
Go to Top of Page

Salacar
Acolyte

Denmark
33 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  15:17:09  Show Profile Send Salacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll say here what I said in the comments: Brilliant write-up, by far the best one yet and really hoping Cale makes it all the way to Rake =)

Come on everyone! Time to win another round for our favourite shadowman!
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
497 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  16:21:09  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Mr. Kemp! Nice to see you here!

Just voted on the latest match, and Cale's leading by a significant margin.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  18:25:07  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fight, fight, fight, fight the shadowy analogue!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  00:19:44  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Well, Mr. Kemp! Nice to see you here!

Just voted on the latest match, and Cale's leading by a significant margin.

That's reversed since you posted. I just voted, but Cale's in serious trouble here.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  00:39:58  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People should be voting for Erevis simply for Paul's fantastic writing. C'mon fanboys, get on board!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  01:00:31  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I refuse sir to vote for Erevis. nope , so sir, no how now way.

mainly becuase its on the devils page known as facebook.

that and because the off devils page one is closed with closed at
5252 votes.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit

Edited by - sfdragon on 27 Mar 2012 01:04:02
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  02:34:38  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@sfdragon

Can you stop insisting that its fb based and look at this link instead
http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-4-erevis-cale-versus-kylar-stern.html

The last one was closed cos its over. Rachel Morgan bit it and now Cale and Kylar Stern are facing off.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  03:07:29  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NEVER!!!!!

besides I number 486 in that poll

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  04:27:56  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh man, Cale is getting spanked. Where is the love people? I very much enjoyed the Night Angel trilogy, up until the last third of the last book. At that point, it got strange. Conversely, I loved all of Paul's work. That's what, 7 good books? Cale deserves the win here. Vote Erevis.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  04:59:41  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
an fantasy death match it will seem that Cale is going to meet his match.... hahahahahahahahahaha

I'd kind of like to see Cale versus Byakuya Kuchiki

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  07:22:17  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember Kylar Stern is a whining Mary Sue character, I don't see why he should win
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  21:33:21  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I does seem that CAle is not going to move on...

RIP

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Salacar
Acolyte

Denmark
33 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  23:03:32  Show Profile Send Salacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afraid not, too bad really =/

Here's hoping Mr. Kemp will find the urge to finish the story-line he has going and write out the Cale/Rake fight anywho, lots of people on Suvudu shares my hope :3
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  06:11:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'd be honest. I like Kylar more than Cale. BUT, I voted for the latter, simply because I enjoyed most of Paul's novels far more than Weeks'.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  14:45:41  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted cale.

no idea who Kylar is

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  15:39:49  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

I voted cale.

no idea who Kylar is

He's a wizard-assassin; the star in Brent Weeks' International Bestseller The Night Angel Trilogy. If there's anything he and Cale share in common, that's probably the fact that they work best in 'shadows.'

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000