Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Reboot of the Realms for 5th edition.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  08:41:52  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No wonder why the WotC designers don't come here anymore. Kinda surprised that that the freelancers come here at all.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

glitter
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  09:46:18  Show Profile Send glitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MalariaMoon
Whilst I'm not a fan of the Spellplague changes, I'd like to see the Realms continue moving forward (both conceptually and chronologically). One of the motivations behind the 4E changes was that the sheer depth of lore was one of the thing that prevented new fans entering the Realms. That's a valid criticism, but I think it was also the foremost thing that made the Realms stand out from all the other fantasy world's; the sheer depth of lore (for good or ill).

The 4E Realms has been about wide sketches; with the details for DMs to ink in. Again, that makes sense, but I think it weakens the Realms. I want MORE LORE! I hope the Realms in 5E goes about filling in a lot of those details for us. Give us the stories and characters of the new era, and eventually they'll become as iconic as those from the "good old days" of the Realms. I want books full of fluff in dense print, I want the people who understand the Realms to start making it complicated again. I want sourcebooks a la Lands of Intrigue. I want Volo's Guide to Returned Abeir. Give the new landscape some Realms personality. Give Ed as much money as he needs to just churn out Realmslore at will on whatever topic he sees fit.

Some DMs like trying to thread their stories through mountains of established canon. Maybe it's a bit more work, but it's incredibly rewarding (for me at any rate).

I definitely wouldn't like to see all the old sourcebooks reprinted with new rules. I'd like a lot less RSEs, but thirty years on it would be fun to look back at the Spellplague and then argue about the state of the Realms in 1685 DR!

For me, who HATE 99% of the Spellplague changes, (favorite countries, characters,gods all gone etc etc) going back to the 3rd Ed background sound totally stupid.
I totally share your opinion, they can regain my interest (and my money) with interesting lore. But I must say that I can't imagine them to achieve such a tour de force since not only they will have to work well, but I will have to overcome my contempt for the D&D line up.

In fact, perhaps WotC should push other settings like Oberron where they still have "fresh" players.

-The black knight is invincible!
- You’re a looney.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Swiftstrike Assassin
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  10:52:59  Show Profile Send Lady Swiftstrike Assassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*In nasal nerd-tone*

Can you provide some hard numbers to back-up these claims, Brimstone?

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Can people please quit using the term "shattered". Thats like spitting in Ed's and the other freelancer's face.

Now wonder this forum has the rep of being a grognard forum.

Edited by - Lady Swiftstrike Assassin on 17 Jan 2012 10:54:34
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  11:49:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Swiftstrike Assassin

*In nasal nerd-tone*

Can you provide some hard numbers to back-up these claims, Brimstone?

quote:

Can people please quit using the term "shattered". Thats like spitting in Ed's and the other freelancer's face.

Now wonder this forum has the rep of being a grognard forum.

Alright, Lady, don't you think you've pushed that particular button enough times?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  12:35:56  Show Profile Send Lady Swiftstrike Assassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clearly not often enough to spur Candlekeep's Mods to work to bring an end to the defamation of the current design work.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  13:43:31  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Clearly not often enough to spur Candlekeep's Mods to work to bring an end to the defamation of the current design work.

People can have their opinions and exress them in areas and forums such as this and people of opposite views have to understand that. As they say : " Haters are gonna hate." I'd suggest doing something more creative and focusing on things you view as positive that spurs community cohesion.
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  14:33:50  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Honest expression of opinion is not enough to claim defamation. You need to be careful, throwing around legal terms like defamation, by the way, because the onus of proof is on you: you must prove malicious intent to harm, beyond a personal statement of dislike.

Slander and libel, as well as traducement, fall under the legal umbrella term of defamation. Are you therefore openly stating that you have:
a) proof of malicious intent to harm?
b) proof that individual designers have been defamed or harmed?
c) proof that statements made have been false (other than your opinion)?

Furthermore, do you have the permission of the allegedly injured party (a person or people, not just a product) to represent their interests in a legal claim?

If not, I'd be extremely careful about making legal claims.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  14:52:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lady Swiftstrike, why must you persist in these endless antagonisms?

If you don't like the way Wooly and I moderate here at Candlekeep... just say so. Or complain to Alaundo. You're free to do that as well.

Just please stop dancing around this near-obsessive need to always play the victim of the "EVIL" Candlekeep Moderators. It's growing tiresome and a considerate number of scribes here are now becoming weary of your constant attempts to de-rail otherwise productive discussions.

I'm asking you to stop. If you want to continue to play these games, send me as many PMs as you would like. I'm more than willing to discuss your grievances in an attempt to try and reach a positive resolution that will leave all parties satisfied.

Is that too much to ask of you?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  15:40:55  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shall hesitantly (though happily) concede my error on the question of 5E modularity.
quote:
Old Man Harpell

Of course (as I have said), I don't miss Khelben. That's the one exception.
Khelben was a rather cool personality whom I will miss. But I do happen to agree on this principle; there's far too many meddling Chosen who are in effect immortal epic munchkins capable of manipulating worldly events with little regard for the rules which apply to everyone else. True, they must apparently abide by their own special rules, but that doesn't forgive the fact that they are still unstoppable cheaters. Six down, eight to go.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  16:21:15  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Six down, eight to go.

Are you sure? The last time I checked, no one actually knows how many Chosen Mystra has. Except Ed, of course.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  16:46:24  Show Profile Send Lady Swiftstrike Assassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Therise
B.) I will wait for your subpoena.

@Sage
Do something about the defamation of Realms on this site.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  16:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I have much to add to this thread (eveything I had to say, I've said already--it's up on my website, actually), but I wanted to make a couple comments:

quote:

You'll note that none of the recent Candlekeep threads discussing 5E were initiated by Wizbro people, and the fact is that they have been largely silent observers carefully confirming/denying nothing significant while these scrolls circle through endless 4E/Spellplague bashing arguments*.
* Except for ESdB, who is technically a freelancer and not a real Wizbro employee anyhow. He has withdrawn from a few of these scrolls after issuing his own rants to condemn the discussions themselves for being unproductive and futile.

Woah, woah, hold up--this is really the perception that I've fostered? In point of fact, I bailed from ONE thread because it was turning into a big anti-4e argument, and I put in ONE mini-rant about the very old, very established (as in, "this I, Erik Scott de Bie, believe") point of "like it or not, 4e FR *is* a part of the Realms, and not some *other setting* to be cast aside." I think this is an incorrect and unfair portrayal of my involvement in these threads.

quote:
Originally posted by Therise

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Yes, Dragonborn should lay eggs, and they can correct that now (thats not a major thing, so it can be retconned in a soft reboot). Genasi & Tieflings have always been around - just give us a little bit more lore about where these larger groups have been 'hiding' (I've covered this exact point in several threads already).
Try convincing the fanboys that they should give up their male Dragonborn character's peen and telling them they all have cloacas now. I dare you. We'll see how they react to a "soft" reboot.
Indeed. In my campaign, they've got barbs. (G'night, everybody!)

quote:

No wonder why the WotC designers don't come here anymore. Kinda surprised that that the freelancers come here at all.
Well, speaking for myself, I keep coming back because I love the Realms, love the site, and find really interesting discussions here. I'm not gonna lie--some of it does indeed make me heartsick, but maybe I'm kind of a masochist.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  17:01:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Erik Scott de Bie

Woah, woah, hold up--this is really the perception that I've fostered? In point of fact, I bailed from ONE thread because it was turning into a big anti-4e argument, and I put in ONE mini-rant about the very old, very established (as in, "this I, Erik Scott de Bie, believe") point of "like it or not, 4e FR *is* a part of the Realms, and not some *other setting* to be cast aside." I think this is an incorrect and unfair portrayal of my involvement in these threads.
Well, speaking for myself, I keep coming back because I love the Realms, love the site, and find really interesting discussions here. I'm not gonna lie--some of it does indeed make me heartsick, but maybe I'm kind of a masochist.
lol, sorry Erik. It's not my intent to perpetuate vicious rumours or anything of that sort. I've just never seen you lose your cool and rant before, you've always managed to retain sufficient optimism and wisdom to refrain from jumping into the frenzied fray of pointless argumentation in the past. So it's was evident to me that you must've felt particularly upset if compelled to still risk having your hand bitten off when feeding the trolls; that was the point I was trying to convey.

FWIW, I happen to agree with the views you expressed during your one brief moment of illucid rage. There have been times during these discussions when I, too, would like to slap people who don't bother to consider what's been said before giving voice to argument. Welcome to the internet, where the most important skill in communication is sometimes just knowing when not to speak, lol.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  17:19:32  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Tyrant

If [female dragonborn] aren't mammals, there isn't much reason for them to have breasts.
It might be argued that dragonborn are "formatted" into the basic humanoid template shared by so many fantasy races, a sort of generic normative form which might include various organs and appendages that aren't strictly necessary. Normal rules of biology, genetics, and evolution are not applicable, not even sensible, when many sapient species are shaped or reshaped as often through magic or divine will or each other (or by edition revisions) as they are through "natural" processes.

Indeed, female dragonborn - along with females of other scaly races - might have (possibly "nonfunctional") breasts to use for <ahem> "display" purposes. Their species is a minority population in direct competition with many dominant non-scaly races, and the presence of breasts on dragonborn females could offer significant social and material advantages when interacting with these other races. Selection might favour breasted dragonborns over time, as they can enjoy numerous benefits from more easily associating with non-dragonborn, a "more human" female appearance could be enough to avoid extermination or produce beneficial alliances and symbiotic relationships which would immediately translate into increased chances of dragonborn survival as individuals, families, clades, populations, and as a species.

Similar logic would then apply to the anatomy of male dragonborn.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 17 Jan 2012 17:42:07
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  18:11:29  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragonborn aren't technically mammals, they'd be closer to monotremes. They didn't exactly get a great explanation in the core guide, but they did get a follow-up "Ecology of the" article in DDI some time back. If memory serves, they're also warm-blooded and apparently lay eggs... and also nurse their newborn hatchlings. Explains boobs, I guess.

So eh... I was just saying that too many people think they're cold-blooded and reptilian, since they have scales and look dragony. But they're not reptiles, and I don't think they carry the "mammal" descriptor or the "dragon" descriptor. I'm content with them being some kind of unique monotreme-like species. What I think was truly forced, though, was the entire way they were hammered into the Realms. Having their half-ethereal planet smash into Toril and parts of it merge/replace parts of Faerun, that was WAY too over the top and ridiculous for me.

I think if they did do a total reboot, just have them come through a portal. Simple, with minimal bizarreness. Then you could also keep Abeir as a separate planet to explore or whatever.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  18:19:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

@Sage

No. We will not censor any opinions, so long as the poster sticks to the rules. We are not here to police opinions for or against anything -- we are here to share information about the Realms. Sometimes we use the sharing of information to try to help someone make an informed opinion, sometimes we point out where opinions are based on incorrect info, but we will not censor any opinion simply because someone else doesn't like it.

Nor are we going to bow to the demands of anyone who seeks to force their opinions on anyone else.

Someone steps outside the rules or is trying to cause trouble, we will act. Not until then. And unless the way they state their opinions is part of the issue, those opinions will remain.

If you want to discuss the Realms in a courteous fashion, you are most welcome to do so. If that's not what you're here for, then you are on the wrong site.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Jan 2012 18:23:22
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  18:21:06  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd oft wondered whether Abeir was the saurial homeworld. Although I might just be lumping all the "reptiles" together for mental convenience. Still, the differences between saurial and dragonborn groups seem to superficially be not a lot more than the differences between those of elves and dwarves.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 17 Jan 2012 18:24:49
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  18:44:07  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd oft wondered whether Abeir was the saurial homeworld. Although I might just be lumping all the "reptiles" together for mental convenience. Still, the differences between saurial and dragonborn groups seem to superficially be not a lot more than the differences between those of elves and dwarves.

Well, given that Moander moved the Saurials from (wherever) to Toril, I don't see why it couldn't have been Abeir. Saurials are really different from Dragonborn, but I don't think that's too much of a problem really.

And actually, in a weird way, it might make a strange sort of sense. Did Moander discover (or remember) Abeir, and take advantage of a thinning between worlds? Or did he learn of some completely distant planet and portal them here? Moander poisoned part of the place where he took them from, and since the Lost Vale wasn't all that dissimilar or contrary to their physiology, even Elminster thought they should stay.

Here's Elminster, who has fancy worldwalk spells aplenty. Why no portal to their home planet? Perhaps because it wasn't a simple matter of just being any other old planet, but Abeir which was pushed out of phase by Ao.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  19:11:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've never liked that explanation, myself. I feel that there are sufficient differences between dragonborn and saurials to believe they hail from entirely different worlds.

Also, Moander being able to connect to Abeir would mean that contact between the two worlds wasn't all that difficult. This, I think, conflicts with the idea of it being a world separated from Toril to keep primordials and deities apart. Further, if contact between the worlds was that easy, we'd have seen contact between the two prior to the Spellplague.

A possible connection, though, that occurs to me: the sarrukh. Perhaps both races, saurial and dragonborn, were created at different times, and for different purporses, by the sarrukh?

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  19:38:07  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I've never liked that explanation, myself. I feel that there are sufficient differences between dragonborn and saurials to believe they hail from entirely different worlds.

Also, Moander being able to connect to Abeir would mean that contact between the two worlds wasn't all that difficult. This, I think, conflicts with the idea of it being a world separated from Toril to keep primordials and deities apart. Further, if contact between the worlds was that easy, we'd have seen contact between the two prior to the Spellplague.

A possible connection, though, that occurs to me: the sarrukh. Perhaps both races, saurial and dragonborn, were created at different times, and for different purporses, by the sarrukh?

I think part of the lore of Abeir was that every so often there would be a "thinning of boundaries" between Faerun and Abeir, little things or sometimes big things would transpose. Because of the spellplague and other things, the most recent thinning ended up in a crash and a big transposition of multiple areas.

So I don't see too much of an issue with Moander catching one of these earlier times and taking advantage of it.

Heck, even the Sarrukh may have come from Abeir originally. It's not like there are lots of really ancient Sarrukh archaeological finds that suggest they evolved on Faerun. Nothing, then full-blown cities, right?

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  19:49:49  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moander was a rotten guy.

No reason for him to play by the rules, most especially since he was "dead". I suppose it's not impossible for Moander's victims or some fragments of Moander's religion (carrying part of Moander's essence) to have crossed into Abeir, take seed, and grow like a festering wound until strong enough to entrap some hapless group of local saurials.

I suppose it's equally possible for saurials to have originated somewhere quite outside the Realms, given the preponderance of "similar" sentients scattered across a nearly infinite number of D&D worlds. Still, Occam's Razor, saurials-came-from-Abeir seems like the simplest overall explanation to me.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 17 Jan 2012 19:56:25
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  19:53:55  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Moander was a rotten guy.

lol, good one. Always loved Moander, perfect name too.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  00:50:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

@Sage

In that case, I should remove you from this site. Because at the moment, you're largely the only instigator of defamation that I can see here at Candlekeep.

You've routinely offered false interpretations of opinions and the general consensus of the whole community, you've harmed the reputation of this site by repeatedly coming back every so often and continuing this incessant need to disrupt events with antagonistic postings, and you have displayed a considerable lack of respect and regard for any and all opinions that run counter to your own.

Fair enough?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  00:52:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

The saurials were brought to Faerūn as slaves by the god Moander. And, as I recall, it was also said that they came from "another world in another Material Plane." Which, I suppose, means OUTSIDE of Realmspace, whereas Abeir exists within the same Material Plane as Toril.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  01:28:17  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah Sage, have ye forgotten that saurials were originally a 1E then 2E invention, largely left undetailed until mid 3E? This is important insofar as the very term "Prime Material Plane" had been altered several times between and within D&D editions, carrying many different definitions which in some cases are mutually incompatible ... then the arrival of Abeir along with 4E planeslore redefined and obfuscated things even further.

So the saurial homeworld might be a parallel version of Toril, a parallel version of non-Toril, an entirely different world within a distant crystal sphere, part of the same plane or one of infinite variations on that plane, or another plane altogether ... you get the idea. Unless saurial origins are restated in a way which complies with 4E planeslore (or Abeir can be canonically positioned within 2E planeslore), I think it's not at all impossible for them to have originated in Abeir.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 18 Jan 2012 01:34:32
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  01:43:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah Sage, have ye forgotten that saurials were originally a 1E then 2E invention, largely left undetailed until mid 3E? This is important insofar as the very term "Prime Material Plane" had been altered several times between and within D&D editions, carrying many different definitions which in some cases are mutually incompatible ... then the arrival of Abeir along with 4E planeslore redefined and obfuscated things even further.

So the saurial homeworld might be a parallel version of Toril, a parallel version of non-Toril, an entirely different world within a distant crystal sphere, part of the same plane or one of infinite variations on that plane, or another plane altogether ... you get the idea. Unless saurial origins are restated in a way which complies with 4E planeslore (or Abeir can be canonically positioned within 2E planeslore), I think it's not at all impossible for them to have originated in Abeir.

That's a fair enough assumption.

And while I like the possibility, I do recall previous lore on the saurials stating that they worshipped an alternate pantheon of gods, and, only after their arrival on Toril, did they convert to the worship of equivalent deities in Faerūn.

So far as I know, deities aren't exactly prominent on Abeir. Therefore, unless the saurials worshipped the Primordials of Abeir, the previous edition reference that the saurials came from another world, still holds some validity in the current post-Spellplague era, given the pantheon tidbit I noted above.

Edited by - The Sage on 18 Jan 2012 01:47:33
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  02:02:07  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang those meddling gods and their pantheons!

[Edit]

Don't people worship these - what are they called? - ah, these "Primordials" on Abeir? Are any of these worshipped in Laerakond and Tymanther?

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 18 Jan 2012 02:04:54
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  02:59:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dang those meddling gods and their pantheons!

[Edit]

Don't people worship these - what are they called? - ah, these "Primordials" on Abeir? Are any of these worshipped in Laerakond and Tymanther?

Well, the Order of the Dawn in the Dusk Ports [and around Returned Abeir] is said to worship the Dawn Titans [Primordials], so ...

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  04:14:29  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aside from their particular planar origins and that they're something of a diametrically opposed "pantheon" - is there any real functional difference between primordials and gods?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2012 :  04:51:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Ayrik: Thank you. That means a lot, actually.

quote:

FWIW, I happen to agree with the views you expressed during your one brief moment of illucid rage. There have been times during these discussions when I, too, would like to slap people who don't bother to consider what's been said before giving voice to argument. Welcome to the internet, where the most important skill in communication is sometimes just knowing when not to speak, lol.
"Ilucid" rage, eh? I seem to recall I was more just in a weary, "oh dear me, not again" frame of mind. But I'll remember "illucid" for use in a novel one of these days.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000