Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 The 5E playtest, sign up!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  14:10:38  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WotC is having some early playtests of 5E at the D&D Experience in late January 2012. But if you can't make that, sign up for the general playtests starting in the spring:

5E Playtest

They want your input, and the best way to give feedback is to first learn the real details and play in the playtest! I expect it will be similar to Paizo's playtests for Pathfinder, but it could be something different.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  14:16:36  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Signed up yesterday. IS the Playtest in January only as specific places?
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  14:35:17  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Signed up yesterday. IS the Playtest in January only as specific places?

Not sure about January's playtest. Fort Wayne, certainly. I suppose it's possible they'd do it in other places as well, as part of the D&D Experience?

D&D Experience in January 2012

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Edited by - Therise on 10 Jan 2012 14:38:16
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  04:21:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah.

No downloadable beta for us to try at home?

Not like Paizo at all then.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  08:39:49  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping for a Paizo like playtest too. Something that I could go over with my players and let us all as a group get a feel for if this is even worth looking into for a change of pace game or if sticking with only Pathfinder is the way to go. I won't be going to D&D Experience so I guess I'll just have to either hope they playtest it near me and I can get a look at it, wait until it is released and go try and read the rulebook at a bookstore, or watch and see if anyone else around here gets a chance to test it and read about their experience.

Edit: Actually, reading it over again, it seems like we might get a downloadable sort of playtest, or at least a web-based playtest with the rules posted there which is better than nothing:
quote:
Then beginning sometime in the spring, we will begin open playtesting. Through our web site, we will release a growing set of rules, classes, monsters and other materials for your study and feedback.

Now, growing set implies that they'll be delivering things bit by bit, rather than one big Beta document like Paizo, but it's better than just doing a few playtests at things like D&D Experience.

Edited by - idilippy on 13 Jan 2012 08:44:51
Go to Top of Page

smerwin29
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  19:16:07  Show Profile Send smerwin29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There will be a full public playtest starting in sometime in the Spring this year. The playtest/demonstrations happening at DDXP in Fort Wayne in two weeks are a way for people at WotC to run games with the very early concepts they have and see what players' initial reactions are. If I had to guess, I would say that much development will be done after that feedback is collected, and then the first playtest pieces will be made available.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000