Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Lore Acquisitions or Braggin' Rights
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  17:46:07  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine were acquired from a friend who was a far more avid collector. He routinely attended all the various RPGA events and conventions and probably harangued poor mister Gygax with relentless tenacity.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  23:23:52  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

<snip>

It was the non-D&D stuff I couldn't possibly replace - all my minis, and the game books from companies long gone (Judges Guild, Chaoism, Flying Buffalo, and FGU, to name a few).

Funny thing is, with some of the talk about 5e, I may just be able to replace some of my old sources with shiny new ones - an option that wasn't available until now.

Just thought I should mention that both Chaosium and Flying Buffalo are still in business.

Indeed... and last year I purchased a replacement copy of my Tunnels and Trolls 5E boxed set... the box that got me into RPGs back in 1982.

As for my braggin' rights, well, my hard-copy collection of Dragon magazine goes from #51 to #359... but I know the Sage has me beat there. I also have a near-mint copy of D&D Supplement II: Blackmoor by Dave Arneson (complete with discoloration where the price tag glue dried up and let the tag go some time before I acquired it) and truly mint copies of the D&D Basic and Expert rulebooks with the Erol Otus cover art (not the later edition with the Larry Elmore covers that have become so exemplary of the game)... those are amazing finds, as I got them at a used book store for $4 (Cdn, when the difference meant something) each. That's about it, really; all of my AD&D 1E books are second-hand reacquisitions, as I got rid of all my original mint-condition 1E books when 2E came out... probably the biggest mistake of my gaming life. I mean, I still have my 4E core books, and I've been playing Pathfinder since it was in beta.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 21 Jan 2012 23:25:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000