Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Daedra Lord From The Elder Scrolls Into FR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  06:26:58  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erendriel Durothil

I want to know so much more about Summerset Isle. It seems so clandestine and mysterious. I can't wait till one of the Elder Scrolls games takes place there. It would be so epic.

The way that it's described in some of the more intricate elements of the lore, I'd say that the Isles are not a very nice place.

Anything to get more information on the Psijic Order, though.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  06:57:09  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, Red Mountain wasn't a very nice place, either....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  08:51:42  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know why but Azura always made me think of Eilistrae, so it could be a way of already having a Daedra in the Realms. For wich one to see, maybe Malacath, always loved the sound of that name, and made me think of minotaurs, it's cult could be related to outlaws or poor folk I guess...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 19 Jul 2011 08:54:27
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  12:29:10  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Meh, Red Mountain wasn't a very nice place, either....

Red Mountain wasn't very nice for a slightly different reason. For one, there was an insane god with the reverse of CHIM projecting himself into it and manipulating one of the pillars holding up reality to try and subsume all of reality into himself, helped through the projection of divine essence in a warped form through the Blight (that's what corprus is, after all: divine energy from the Heart of Lorkhan bestowed upon a creature without the ability to control it).

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  15:37:05  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From some of the info I've gleaned, Summerset Isle was quite beautiful and like a paradise. As you all know, I'm a HUGE elf lover, particularly of the High Elf variety. And also a demon lover, if you haven't noticed yet. Golden Saints are my favourite Daedra (male ones are soooooo hot! LOL ), I'm not a fan of the Dark Seducers though. I hope they bring Winged Twilights back in Skyrim though. I really hate the Red Mountain, Molag Amur, and Ashlands regions. My favourite ones are Shivering Isles, Ascadian Isles, Northern cyrodill, Azura's cost, and Sheogorad. I can't wait for them to have one in Summerset Isle. It will be my favourite then, because I know how beautiful it will be
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  20:11:38  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mea culpa. Someone mentioned Argonaians, and I had to rant.... I agree, Sage- I love cat-folk too! (Course, I just love CATS...) Y'know, I would love to see some of the lesser deadras in D&D, too. Golden Saints, anybody? Actually, the Winged Twilights would make great planar nasties. So would the Daedra Lords. (The regular ones, not the Princes.)

of the minor daedra, the Golden Saints, DArk Seducers and the Winged Twilights were my favorites....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  04:19:17  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

From some of the info I've gleaned, Summerset Isle was quite beautiful and like a paradise. As you all know, I'm a HUGE elf lover, particularly of the High Elf variety. And also a demon lover, if you haven't noticed yet. Golden Saints are my favourite Daedra (male ones are soooooo hot! LOL ), I'm not a fan of the Dark Seducers though. I hope they bring Winged Twilights back in Skyrim though. I really hate the Red Mountain, Molag Amur, and Ashlands regions. My favourite ones are Shivering Isles, Ascadian Isles, Northern cyrodill, Azura's cost, and Sheogorad. I can't wait for them to have one in Summerset Isle. It will be my favourite then, because I know how beautiful it will be

I always wind up playing Nords. And I loved Solstheim in TESIII (maybe not quite as much as my Telvanni mushroom tower), so I'm really looking forward to Skyrim in TESV, even though they're doing things like taking out Levitation, probably sticking with Oblivion's fast travel, and removed the entire Mysticism school.

Still, there'll probably be mods that fix all those problems (Oscuro's overhaul of Oblivion removed the "everything levels up with you" issue, for one) within a few weeks of release, so I'm not too worried.

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  21:30:26  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#@$%&^# Telvanni.... LOL!! Kidding. I always went Hlaluu in Morrowwind- because it's the ONLY House that will allow you to join TWO Houses for the Hortator requirements. I was also fond of joining both the thieves and fighters guilds- but you have to finish all the thieves guild's missions and become the leader before finishing the fighters guild ones. (They both want you to kill off each others' members. The trick is to do it so that you only have to kill off the members of hte fighters guild, and still end up leading both guilds.) One of my favorite items from Oblivion was the Grey Fox Mask. And wobbajack. Did I mention I LOVE that staff?

A question, has anyone thought of using ogrims as a form of Slaadi? They seem similar in some respects to green slaads, and I was thinking they could be a related type of fiend.

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  04:34:54  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

#@$%&^# Telvanni.... LOL!! Kidding. I always went Hlaluu in Morrowwind- because it's the ONLY House that will allow you to join TWO Houses for the Hortator requirements.

I find Telvanni to be much better (I also play on the PC, which has a number of patches that fix bugs like that; and I've also got enough graphics mods installed that the game looks better than Oblivion does). Better quests, better rewards, better locale for your stronghold (and bigger, too; but locale means that Almsivi takes you to Ald'Ruhn and a Silt Strider, while Divine Intervention takes you to Sadrith Mora with a Mages Guild teleport and a boat close by, covering almost all the bases), better mods for your stronghold (if you played Morrowind on PC, I'd highly recommend downloading the Uvirith's Legacy and Building Up Uvirith's Legacy combination), matches with my favourite Tribunal member, Sotha Sil ("iconoclastic, profane, unconventional"), and the best rules of any Great House. Seriously, the rules alone. How to rise through the ranks? Usually by disposing the person above you. And the rest of the House won't take revenge for it, because if you kill somebody successfully to take their title, you obviously deserve it more than the dead guy did.

And the levitation shafts in the towers. It's brilliant from an archmage's perspective. If somebody can't get up the shaft to see you, then they're obviously not worth talking to in the first place.

And, of course, one of the best characters in the game (Divayth Fyr) is a Telvanni. So is Baladas Demnevanni, for that matter.

(The Thieves Guild/Fighter's Guild split actually starts with the mission where you have to get the code book. Just taunt Sottilde into attacking you, and then you can kill her with no repercussions from the Thieves Guild. As long as you avoid the clash there and don't take Sjoring Hard-Heart's quest to kill all the Thieves Guild leaders, you should be fine.)

quote:
A question, has anyone thought of using ogrims as a form of Slaadi? They seem similar in some respects to green slaads, and I was thinking they could be a related type of fiend.

Ogrim seem more like some sort of Ogre/Troll/Orc hybrid. They also serve Malacath, who is closely linked with the Orcs (more appropriately the spurned and ostracised, but Orcs fit under that most of the time anyway). And they have very little intellect.

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  05:45:44  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol, well, I never said they would be SMART Slaadi! I do see a slight troll/ogre resemblance, too, but they just remind me of slaads, for some reason. Yes, I'm aware of where the theives'/fighters' guild plit is. I use the guide book extensively for the maps to find my way around for all those backwater little side-quests and hidden goodies like Umbra and the quest for Azura with the old woman who doesn't talk. That's also what I was referring to with House Hlaluu being the only House that allows you to join a second one. That was not a bug, it's a built-in part of the game to join only one House- but there is a way around it if and only if you join Hlaluu FIRST. Plus, I like its houses better. they are eaiser to get around in, and make more sens as a home-base, since most of the settlements are on that side of the island anyway. Telvanni's back-stabbing politics kind of gets old to me. I like being able to deal with the people you replace even after you rise above them, especially since some of them are trainers and/or have spells to buy or make. In fact, that's the only thing I like Telvanni for- the spells and items they have available. Plus, most of them are just plain NUTS! (The crazy egg-lady comes to mind, and her rival with her little army outside Sadrith Mora).

I play it on the X-Box version, so I don't get any of the patches, but I've never minded that. There is plenty to do just by exploring, and I've always spent as much time out in the wilderness just gathering ingredients and increasing my skills as actually working on quests. And I LOVE the X-Box spell-cheats! (The hack for a permanent ability-point increase is m favorite- I LOVE soul-trap!) One of my favorite combos is the permanent feather/jump/strength boost that lets me carry anything I want with NO weight encumbrance! I also have a homebrew invis/levitate spell that allows me to cross mountains without dealing with stupid cliff racers every dozen feet or so (I called it wind-walk). and the perma-swift-swim/speed and agility boost/light combo makes getting around underwater for pearl-diving much easier, even at night. My current character is a vampire/werewolf on one saved game, and it is really fun to try to find food for him when he changes, without killing anyone I might need later. I usually hop (literally- did you know you can create your own Icarean Flight Scrolls?) over to Solthsheim and eat a few random berserkers.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  08:01:24  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lol, well, I never said they would be SMART Slaadi! I do see a slight troll/ogre resemblance, too, but they just remind me of slaads, for some reason.

I'm just not seeing it, myself. I mean, I can understand it, to an extent (they're daedra, after all, and that does sort of match up with the Slaadi outsider impression as well as a vague physical resemblance), but they seem more like a troll/ogre mix to me.

quote:
That was not a bug, it's a built-in part of the game to join only one House- but there is a way around it if and only if you join Hlaluu FIRST.

I'm pretty sure what you're referring to is a bug:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Redoran_or_Telvanni_and_Hlaalu

It's a problem with how Morrowind tracked quest completion and journal entries/conversation topics. Never saw much reason to do it myself.

quote:
Plus, most of them are just plain NUTS! (The crazy egg-lady comes to mind, and her rival with her little army outside Sadrith Mora).

I prefer "eccentric" myself. Live for a few thousand years, and you're bound to pick up a few odd habits. Dratha's issue with men, Baladas and his Dwemer research, Neloth and kidnapping the young daughters of other Great Houses, Therana in general, and so on. And Aryon, well, he may be the most normal of them, but go for a jaunt through the dungeons of Tel Vos and you'll find messages of horror left behind by the construction workers down there.

Even Divayth Fyr (strongly implied to be the main character of the Battlespire game) has his own personal proclivities, such as creating female clones of himself and marrying them all, or taking strange pleasure in experimenting with the divine disease. Or sending people on treasure hunts just for kicks (of course, you can just pop all the boxes open and take the artifacts with 100-point unlocking spells, and he won't care).

quote:
I usually hop (literally- did you know you can create your own Icarean Flight Scrolls?) over to Solthsheim and eat a few random berserkers.

I prefer Windwalker scrolls. Very useful, that 500-point Levitate.

Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  17:41:16  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lord Dagon Will reign supreme over all of realms and the abruptly destroy them.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  19:00:56  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found those notes, and found them intriguing. As for the "bug" you refer to, it's stated in the game itself that one can only join one house as a member. You can still be named Hortator of all three, but you have to convince them later on during the main quest. But there was a "back-door" of House Hlaluu that allows you to join two Houses as a full member, and thus do the quests for both. It was not available until later in the game, after building your stronghold, and reaching a certain level ofrank within the House, but it could be done. However, you could not join all three. I don't know if that was true in the PC version, but it was a built-in part of the X-Box one. There may be patches to join all three in PC, but I never played it, so I wouldn't know. I only know about the House "cheat" from the guide-book. I usually took Redoran as my second House, because I did not like the twisty, levitate-only Houses of Telvanni. Personal bias against the possibility of accidental death in my own home from falling down a hole, you see. And those "eccentric" Telvanni are exactly what I mean. They were all really freaky mentally. Not like the Redorans, who seem more militant but in a good cause, or the business-oriented Hlaluu.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2011 :  04:26:37  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There may be patches to join all three in PC, but I never played it, so I wouldn't know.

No, the rule is one Great House only on the PC.

quote:
Personal bias against the possibility of accidental death in my own home from falling down a hole, you see.

See, the Telvanni perspective on that would be that if you let your assistant get that close to you and push you over the edge, then you deserve your "accidental" death.

quote:
Not like the Redorans, who seem more militant but in a good cause, or the business-oriented Hlaluu.

Never liked Redoran. They always felt like a house of religious fanatics and Temple lapdogs to me.

Oh well. Once everything went to hell in Morrowind after the Nerevarine crisis, the Telvanni are basically the only ones who still have any political power left (basically, from Uvirith's Grave on eastward everything was wrecked, leaving House Telvanni with an almost completely untouched power base - the majority of their strength is concentrated on islands that are far to the east of most of Morrowind).

quote:
Originally posted by Synthalus

Lord Dagon Will reign supreme over all of realms and the abruptly destroy them.

Funny story. Mankar Camoran was the real Big Bad of Oblivion, and he won, in a sense. Mehrunes Dagon was just a pawn. I'm feeling talkative, so let me explain:

Mankar Camoran is a High Elf (who has some link to the Septim bloodline, at that, since he can wear the Amulet of Kings) who believes that the Mundus is an inherently corrupt version of the divine dream-state that had existed back in the aforementioned Dawn Era of creation. The Oblivion Crisis that he masterminded, using Mehrunes Dagon (who is rather simple-minded when you get down to it, and just likes causing chaos and destruction) was to return reality to the first creation, before the rules and laws of physics were set in stone and the Aedra regressed into the Earth Bones (the spokes of the wheel in the cosmology, if you have a map of it).

Camoran began damaging the pillars holding up reality. This included the Nerevarine crisis in Morrowind, and the Heart of Lorkhan in Red Tower (Red Mountain). As one of the pillars, its removal weakened the veil between both worlds, and the only pillar left was White-Gold Tower (yeah, Martin sacrificed himself for nothing - the Dragonfires are merely symbolic, and have no actual power, being nothing more than the expression of the Septim bloodline; the real pillar is White-Gold Tower, and it has to stay standing), and even the Warp in the West, which caused a Dragon Break (basically: time shatters, Akatosh has to swoop down, pick up the pieces and put them back together in a recognisable order, while the rest of the world loses track of several centuries). Mehrunes Dagon was just the latest example of that. By killing off the Septim line he unbound Akatosh/Anuiel from his pact with the Septim line (Tiber Septim had mantled Akatosh in becoming Talos, mantling being "walk like them until they walk like you"; and yes, it works on Aedra), allowing Akatosh to complete his death and rebirth. Alduin (the Nord form of Akatosh) is a creator and destroyer, and the dragons in Skyrim are part of that. They're destroying. Symbols of Akatosh/Alduin/Auriel. Akatosh is not a benevolent deity to the Nords by a long shot.

Mankar Camoran readied everything for TESV. His idea was that by unbinding Akatosh, reality will be eaten and the elves would become Divine, as they were in the Mythic Dawn, regressing to their true and pure connection to the Prime Cause, or Ultimate, or whatever you want to call it (the entirety of the Elder Scrolls is the dream of a sleeping godhead; understanding this and being able to accept individuality in the face of not having individuality is achieving CHIM, allowing you to manipulate any aspect of the world to your whim, even Aedra and Daedra Princes). Mankar Camoran summoned Anu-iel, Akatosh, Alduin the Destroyer. Mankar Camoran sped up the cycle, all to touch the Divine. Mankar Camoran won, and Mehrunes Dagon was just another two-bit actor in his massive scheme.

Yes. The High Elves are practically omnicidal maniacs, since reverting everything to the first era of creation might restore their link to the Divine, but it will have strongly negative effects for, well, pretty much everybody else in the world. It's one of the reasons that Lorkhan is so detested by them. He was the reason that they were first sundered from their Divine connection.

And in all this, nobody knows what the Champion of Cyrodiil is doing. What with his having mantled Sheogorath (becoming the Madgod) and Auriel (by being the Divine Crusader, for whom Pelinal was in fact mantling Auriel, so there's a trickle-down effect), he's actually the closest thing to a reincarnation of Lorkhan, both sundered halves joined back together into one whole. Of course, the conflicting natures that will sprung up may also destroy him. There's always that possibility.

(See what I mean when I said Elder Scrolls lore is complex?)

Edited by - Eldacar on 22 Jul 2011 04:27:26
Go to Top of Page

David E
Seeker

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2011 :  21:26:40  Show Profile  Visit David E's Homepage Send David E a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about Clavicus Vile?
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  17:21:41  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who said anything about anyone pushing me? I just wouldn't want to stumble over something or miss my step in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom.... (for that matter, where ARE the bathrooms in morrowwind/Cyrodil? I just realized I never saw any. Odd....)

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  18:07:54  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Bathrooms? There is one in the Lonely Suitor Inn in Bravil immediately to the right of the entrance; it houses chest with a (silver I think) shortsword instead of a loo though.

What? --- Why open it? Eploration is everything in Oblivion, brah!

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  18:21:16  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which is precisely my point, LOL! HOW does anyone- erm, you-know- in Cyrodil with no actual "facilities"?! That's like the Enterprise only having one bathroom for a crew of 900. It presents certain problems that one does not ant to encounter in space, lol!!!

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  18:55:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Which is precisely my point, LOL! HOW does anyone- erm, you-know- in Cyrodil with no actual "facilities"?! That's like the Enterprise only having one bathroom for a crew of 900. It presents certain problems that one does not ant to encounter in space, lol!!!

Bah! In Star Trek, they just beam that stuff elsewhere (I suspect into the path of Romulan ships).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  05:37:54  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that anything like beaming all those tribbles onto the Klingon ship? LOL!! Then again, maybe that's why they make so many stops on different planets- they gotta take a lot of bathroom breaks, I guess. Like being on a REEEALLY long road trip with a car full of kids who have just drunk a liter of soda..... Might also be why everyone wants to go on the away missions- gotta take a leak SOMEWHERE!

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  05:46:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll note that the Enterprise-D had more than one "facility" for the 1,014-member crew. And three solid-waste reprocessing units as well.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Jul 2011 05:53:09
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  06:22:11  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really? I've never seen layouts for it. I do have the Star Trek Technical Manual that was published some years ago which has up to Enterprise C, I think. It even had the bathroom location listed in the ship schematics. I always thought that was kind of funny. There was a read-out of Voyager, also (before the series, I think) but I don't recall seeing the restroom on it.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  07:48:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Really? I've never seen layouts for it. I do have the Star Trek Technical Manual that was published some years ago which has up to Enterprise C, I think. It even had the bathroom location listed in the ship schematics. I always thought that was kind of funny. There was a read-out of Voyager, also (before the series, I think) but I don't recall seeing the restroom on it.

The Next Generation Technical Manual published during the early 90's has a complete functional analysis of the entire 'Galaxy-class' "USS Enterprise-D" from the Star Trek: The Next Generation television show. Each chapter of the book focuses on a particular function of the ship, from tactical and science, to utilities and life-support.

Funnily enough, there's even a "television-crew" toilet marked on the big 'Master Situation Monitor' screen in Main Engineering. It's for the production staff.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  10:57:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Might also be why everyone wants to go on the away missions- gotta take a leak SOMEWHERE!

That's what was meant by the phrase "to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  15:14:20  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
desinged on a bar
built in a toolshed
piloted by madmen
USS Phoenix

By Azura by azura by azura

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  06:01:19  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Sage- I must have missed that. For some reason I thought Enterprise D didn't come until after the series had ended. (in one of the movies)

@ Wooly, ROFLMAO!!!! That explains SOOO much.....

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  06:24:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

@ Sage- I must have missed that. For some reason I thought Enterprise D didn't come until after the series had ended. (in one of the movies)
You might be thinking of the Sovereign-class "Enterprise-E", which featured in the TNG films after the "D" was destroyed in Generations.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  19:42:39  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you could bring any of the Dadra Lords from the Elder Scrolls games, who would it be? There are other Daedric Lords (Princes) that I didn't have enough room for on here. Please tell why you want them, what their cult would be like, what enemies they would have and what allies they would have.

Half of these are actually female daedra princesses

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede

Edited by - Artemas Entreri on 20 Jan 2012 19:44:00
Go to Top of Page

Imp
Learned Scribe

231 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  20:51:55  Show Profile Send Imp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sanguine, obviously.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2012 :  22:57:26  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, and...?

@ Sage: I went through the book again, and you were right. However, I never DID find any reference to bathrooms. There are plenty of readouts and descriptions of uniforms, equipment, ship storage and crew compartments, etc ad nauseum....

My stories:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000