Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite 3.5 Class
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mitchellboeck
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  00:43:35  Show Profile Send mitchellboeck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gavinfoxx

Where's all the rest of the base classes? And you misspelled Rogue...

What other base classes are you talking about? Also I noticed the misspelling of rogue right after I posted but I didn't want to repost.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  03:58:13  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted rogue, I just love those buggers and city adventures.

Second is sorcerer, this love derives from the BG computer games and multiple fireballs and dragon breath... awesome!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

MisterX
Learned Scribe

Germany
118 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  14:01:22  Show Profile Send MisterX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mitchellboeck:
There are several base classes in the Player's Handbook II, the Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane and Complete Divine, as well as other sources like Book of Horror, Unearthed Arcana (as compilation of alternative rules…) and Libris Mortis as well, I think. I may have missed plenty…

I've lost track of recent realmslore, since my campaigns are still in the 1370ies. :-)
---
When talking about rules (and related stuff) I always refer to 3.5e unless explicitly noted.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  15:41:33  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mitchellboeck

What other base classes are you talking about? Also I noticed the misspelling of rogue right after I posted but I didn't want to repost.

You can edit your posts. There is a little "pencil" icon (or something like that) "Edit" when you hover over it.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  17:49:54  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Of just those basic classes, Rogue. Almost every one of my characters, it seems, has a level of Rogue, for the massive amount of skill point, class skills, and the +1d6 Sneak Attack, which is always handy. Of the classes in other books, Beguiler is my favorite- it's a Rogue with magic. What's not to like?

A strangely unexpected choice coming from someone using the name of Faerun's greatest Arcanist.

As for my choice, wizard most definitely! (Why bring a knife when you can conjure it out of thin air?!)

-That's why I said I would've voted 'Beguiler' if it was a choice. It's more or less a Rogue with spellcasting benefits.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

mitchellboeck
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  18:47:55  Show Profile Send mitchellboeck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterX

mitchellboeck:
There are several base classes in the Player's Handbook II, the Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane and Complete Divine, as well as other sources like Book of Horror, Unearthed Arcana (as compilation of alternative rules…) and Libris Mortis as well, I think. I may have missed plenty…

Oh okay. I know about those but I don't consider them "base" classes. The classes I consider base are the ones that are in Player's Handbook 1, since a lot of ones in other books tend to be broken. (And there is only room for 15 or so poll answers :))
Go to Top of Page

mitchellboeck
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  18:49:24  Show Profile Send mitchellboeck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:
Originally posted by mitchellboeck

You can edit your posts. There is a little "pencil" icon (or something like that) "Edit" when you hover over it.

Thank you I did not know that :)
Go to Top of Page

Suru
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  21:16:19  Show Profile Send Suru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose Druid. My fondest memories are of my druids. I sat outside cities entire sessions as I refused to go into populated areas with my parties. I also made a road of Apple trees spanning a few hundred miles in the fashion of Johnny Appleseed. Also with the right feats, the ability to alter the weather, or smite people disturbing my grove with an ice storm as a little bird was always fun. Not always the best dungeon crawlers, but druids have the most utility as far as doing some impressive things outdoors. Armies tend to lose morale after you make him live under square inched sized hail for a few days.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  07:39:09  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sticking with Wizard, it's always been my favorite.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  09:19:02  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I've played just about all the classes mentioned (except for paladins and monks, because I'm not particularly good at 'lawful' types), and have always found something to like about each class. But I finally decided on rangers, because... well, I guess because of their generally independence from society, their freedom to roam the wilds as they choose (being diabetic in the RW, this really isn't an option for me), and that they manage to do so much without relying on magic (well, not much, anyways). Plus, the 'favored enemy' class ability can come in really handy (sometimes those few points of extra damage can determine whether a battle ends in victory or defeat).
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  10:59:09  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't matter which edition of the game it is, my favorite class will always be wizard.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  11:16:59  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Doesn't matter which edition of the game it is, my favorite class will always be wizard.

Here here! I agree!

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  23:54:29  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do love my half-orc Barbarian.

I just like Hulk Smash!

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000