Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 How up to date are you with reading FR novels? [2]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2012 :  17:53:31  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished the Erevis Cale Trilogy Omnibus. Really liked it! Will start Shadowbred soon...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2012 :  18:05:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Finished Shadow's Witness - very nice to read something 'different' -, starting the Erevis Cale Trilogy Omnibus.

Ho nice what a speed reader ! :P

Between Jobs (2), Girlfriend, activities, i hope i can read more a week ! ;)

I know the feeling... I read quite quickly, myself, but between long days at work, spending time with the wife, getting in time with my son, and other activities, there is very little reading time left. Most of my reading time is when eating breakfast or in my "reading room."

I got a fair amount of reading done the other day, waiting around for jury duty, and that was quite nice!

My son is already showing an interest in books, so I'm hoping that I can inculcate a love of reading in him when he actually learns to read (he's only 16 months old, right now).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2012 :  22:09:50  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha nice ! start working him soon and he will learn :) For myself i've discovered this, the type i love to read, only around 23 years old

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2012 :  02:52:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I know the feeling... I read quite quickly, myself, but between long days at work, spending time with the wife, getting in time with my son, and other activities, there is very little reading time left. Most of my reading time is when eating breakfast or in my "reading room."
I'm just learning to read where and whenever I can, now. And that can often mean I'll grab any book that's close to hand where ever I may be in the house, or workplace, and just pick up where I left off last time.

It helps that I've practically scattered my library over every flat surface of my home. And where there aren't any flat surfaces for books, there are stacks. And stacks upon stacks. And stacks upon those stacks on stacks. So I'm really never away from any of my books.

The only downside, is that it can literally be months before I get back to one particular book... simply because I may not be at that one part of a room with a stack that contains the same book that I read the last time I was there.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2012 :  03:45:37  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I'm just learning to read where and whenever I can, now. And that can often mean I'll grab any book that's close to hand where ever I may be in the house, or workplace, and just pick up where I left off last time.

It helps that I've practically scattered my library over every flat surface of my home. And where there aren't any flat surfaces for books, there are stacks. And stacks upon stacks. And stacks upon those stacks on stacks. So I'm really never away from any of my books.

The only downside, is that it can literally be months before I get back to one particular book... simply because I may not be at that one part of a room with a stack that contains the same book that I read the last time I was there.

Exactly why I'm full speed ahead with eBooks....have kindle app on iPhone and iPad, so I can jump between them and finish my current book.

In the realms,jumped back into salvatore in the last few days and read Gauntlgrym, Neverwinter and started Charons Claw....as well as Elminster enraged and Shadowbane eye of justice

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2012 :  18:23:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brimstone Angels...started yesterday...hard to put down, very enjoyable.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2012 :  19:43:36  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am have just stated reading The Shield of Weeping Ghost which, according to my research, is roughly the third book that people should read if they want to follow the FR books in chronological order. If I am wrong on this note please inform me so I can make corrections to my list. I want to experience the vast and rich history in order of events.

Gul Ada Ruin - The Wizard Elf
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2012 :  16:50:14  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished Charon's Claw not long ago, now I need something to read while I wait for The Last Threshold to come out. Think I might start the Elminster Series over to refresh my memory and then finish the others...I stopped reading after Elminster in Hell.
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2012 :  00:00:32  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished The Last Mythal: The Forsaken House and will be starting the next book in the series as soon as I download it to my Kindle. I am anxiously waiting The Last Threshold and will be getting the Stone of Tymora to tide me over.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  02:24:39  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ada

I am have just stated reading The Shield of Weeping Ghost which, according to my research, is roughly the third book that people should read if they want to follow the FR books in chronological order. If I am wrong on this note please inform me so I can make corrections to my list. I want to experience the vast and rich history in order of events.

Ada, sorry I don't quite get that. Why should this be the third book? It may be the third book in the Citadels-series, but that's just a tiny part of the FR books. Thus: your questions refers to whether or not it is the third book in the Citadels series?

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  02:38:23  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I think he meant the third part of The Citadels series.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  18:03:58  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

quote:
Originally posted by Ada

Ada, sorry I don't quite get that. Why should this be the third book? It may be the third book in the Citadels-series, but that's just a tiny part of the FR books. Thus: your questions refers to whether or not it is the third book in the Citadels series?

It alright, my apologies for not clarifying what I am doing. I did research on how to read all the forgotten realms book that are out in chronological order of events that had significant impact in the realm. I want to read through the history of the realms from a historical aspect, so I figured I would read them all in chronological order. My list may be off but I plan on having a refined one done one I finish reading all the books.

Gul Ada Ruin - The Wizard Elf
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  20:23:03  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Shadowbred and finishing Realms of the Underdark while waiting for Shadowstorm...

Edited by - Thieran on 15 Oct 2012 16:20:53
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  21:59:39  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It alright, my apologies for not clarifying what I am doing. I did research on how to read all the forgotten realms book that are out in chronological order of events that had significant impact in the realm. I want to read through the history of the realms from a historical aspect, so I figured I would read them all in chronological order. My list may be off but I plan on having a refined one done one I finish reading all the books.

Go on o-love.net website, there is a complete guide line with chronological books place in the history.

Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  19:36:42  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started Prince of Ravens, feels good to have Jack back =)
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:20:18  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Realms of the Underdark and Shadowstorm, now waiting for Shadowrealm to arrive...
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  23:14:34  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Elfsong, on Silver Shadows now

Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  03:15:40  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished The Captive Flame. Great book!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  12:39:25  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still waiting for Shadowrealm, but I have received a mint copy of Azure Bonds in the meantime...
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  18:57:16  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got around to digging into my stack of older FR books that I have yet to read and I read Elfshadow. I thought it was a good book and the next one on my list is Elfsong. I plan on going through Elaine's books of the Harper series then Dream Spheres. It will probably be Evermeet after that.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  19:43:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

I finally got around to digging into my stack of older FR books that I have yet to read and I read Elfshadow. I thought it was a good book and the next one on my list is Elfsong. I plan on going through Elaine's books of the Harper series then Dream Spheres. It will probably be Evermeet after that.

You can't go wrong with that plan.

I got Elfshadow the year it came out. It was a Christmas present, and I finished it before going to bed that night.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 05 Nov 2012 19:44:12
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  21:49:52  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My path is Near your's Tyrant, i'm on silver shadows now

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  22:35:32  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I got Elfshadow the year it came out. It was a Christmas present, and I finished it before going to bed that night.

Still one of my top 3 Realms novels of all time
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  00:01:42  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:

quote:

True, great book and series!

Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  00:54:16  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have recently finished the Last Mythal trilogy and Evermeet. I started reading Swordmage and Realms of the Elves. I am currently playing an elf cleric, so I am specifically focused at the moment. :D I have a lot of books on my Kindle that are waiting for me to read them (I really should stop adding to it though..lol)
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  19:38:48  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:

quote:

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  19:40:33  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

anyone know what happened to kymil nimesin in 4e

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  20:23:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swifty

quote:

quote:

anyone know what happened to kymil nimesin in 4e

I don't believe his fate has been addressed outside of Elaine's novels.

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  01:34:19  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I had a few delays but I finished Elfsong and I'm now onto Silver Shadows. I'm glad to see Khelben show up in some other books beyond Blackstaff and his bit parts here and there in other series. I have noticed that so far he hasn't been called a Chosen. The signs are mostly there (except the silver fire), but no one has actually stated it. It kind of stands out after reading so many other books that take place later in the timeline.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  02:43:08  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Whisper of Venom. Great series, gotta go for book 3!

Edited by - skychrome on 06 Dec 2012 02:43:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000