Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Transformation
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delanish
Acolyte

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  20:15:42  Show Profile  Visit Delanish's Homepage Send Delanish a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi i'm trying to turn my Dwarf fighter into a dwarvern defender right now he care of clan and battle and weapons and things and serves Clanggedin Silverbeard i want to convert his primary faith in a flavorish roleplaying way to Gorm Gulthym to help embrace and take the change of becoming a leader and a protector of his kin!

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  20:18:26  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds fun. Party on, Garth.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Delanish
Acolyte

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  20:29:59  Show Profile  Visit Delanish's Homepage Send Delanish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need suggestions on how i can make this for valid rp reasons maybe some personal quest or rite he must do or a horrided nightmare anything? to push Ogbar away from his weapons and more to his Kins
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  20:36:30  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just off the top of my head, you could always have the Clanhold attacked by any one of a dozen traditional dwarven enemies, perhaps killing or capturing your PCs kin. The fear of another attack could keep him at home manning the battlements.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  22:27:54  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well defender/leader calls for two roles.

Defending the clan and leading. Lose of kin certainly could be a reason to become a defender. There of course can be defending wealth, a loved one or the clan in general if attacks from foes have been increasing and eroding what defenses the clan had.

In extreme situation, clan destroyed and the few survivors collected and defended as they build a new one.

In part finding a justification depends on what occurred in the game.
If non of the clan was harm, it becomes much harder to justify reason to have PC change career path.

The last possibility to justify change could be based on news from other clans. What you as a player should remember is that your PC only knows what happens in the game. Choosing a class for making your PC more powerful based on rules is meta-gaming. The PC needs to change path based on what he knows, not what the player knows.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Delanish
Acolyte

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  14:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Delanish's Homepage Send Delanish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really doubt a fighter/DD with more Cha then Strength is a power build :S
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000