Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Forgotten Realms NPC Generator
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2010 :  03:48:59  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talfryn Moonbow; CR 10
Male Moon elf fighter 2/ wizard 6/ bladesinger 2
CG medium humanoid (elf)
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Listen +6, Spot +5
Languages Chondathan, Common, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Sylvan
=========================================================================
AC 24, touch 16, flat-footed 18; bladesong style, Dodge
(+6 armor, +4 Dex, +2 deflection, +2 misc.)
hp 58 (10 HD)
Immune sleep
Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +14 (+16 against enchantments)
Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 keen longsword of spell storing +13/+8 (1d8+4/17-20)
Ranged composite longbow (+2 Str) +11/+6 (1d8+2/x3)
Base Atk +7; Grp +9
Combat Gear wand of light (50 charges), scroll of web, fly, protection from arrows
Wizard spells prepared (CL 10th, choose spells as CL 7th)
4th—dimension door, polymorph
3rd—dispel magic, fly, ray of exhaustion (+11 ranged touch, DC 18)
2nd—blindness/deafness (DC 17), darkness, knock, Melf’s acid arrow (+11 ranged touch)
1st—alarm, feather fall, magic missile, ray of enfeeblement (+11 ranged touch), shield, spirit worm (DC 16)
0—detect magic, mage hand, prestigidation, touch of fatigue (+7 melee touch, DC 15)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 19, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 13
SQ armored mage, detect secret or concealed doors, lesser spellsong
Feats Discipline, Weapon Focus (longsword), Dodge, Spellcasting Prodigy, Combat Expertise, Empower Spell, Combat Casting, Practiced spellcaster, Scribe Scroll, Weapon Finesse
Skills Balance +10, Climb +4, Concentration +14 (+18 when casting defensively), Decipher Script +7, Hide +12, Intimidate +5, Jump +4, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (nature) +7, knowledge (the plains) +6, Move Silently +7, Perform (dance) +5, Perform (sing) +5, Ride +8, Spellcraft +10, Swim +4, Tumble +6
Flaws Frail (-1 hp at each level)
Possessions combat gear plus, +1 keen longsword of spell-storing, +2 mithral shirt of shadow, ring of protection +2, headband of intellect +2, gloves of dexterity +2, Cloak of resistance +2, composite longbow (+2 Str bonus) with 20 arrows, standard adventuring gear, 285 gp.
Spellbook spells prepared plus 0--all, 1st--burning hands, identify; 2nd--Gedlee’s electric loop, whirling blade; 3rd--reverse arrows, Mestil’s acid breath, scintillating sphere, ice lance, haste; 4th--stoneskin, Rary’s mnemonic enhancer

Sources Used: Player's Handbook, Complete Warrior, Dungeon Master's Guide, Spell Compendium, Player's Guide to Faerun, Unearthed Arcana.

Note: I can't recall where I picked up this version of the Bladesinger PrC. I know it's not the one from the Races of Faerun OR Complete Warrior. When I remember where I got it, i'll post it here.

Edited by - Diffan on 18 Apr 2020 23:38:01
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2011 :  17:46:21  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be using the Zhent Commander you put together tomorrow night. I'm excited.

Would you be willing to put together a Human Lich Wizard from the Moonsea? I need one for Aesperus of Hulburg. From Moonsea:

He was a wizard and a defender of Hulburg, who was struck unconscious in battle and accidentally buried alive under a mass of dead.
Aesperus survived his ordeal, but with a price: He became a lich in the process. He has remained here for the last five centuries, his mind gone, planning his revenge on the upper world.

Aesperus intends to revive the thousands of remains in the pit, send them boiling upward onto the surface, and march them across the North coast to lay waste to everything in their path.

Lich (1): INT Supra-genius; AL CE; AC 0; MV 6; HD 11+; hp 116; THAC0 9; #AT 1; Dmg 1-10; SA magic; SD cold touch, paralysis; SD: + 1
or better magical weapon to hit; SZ M; ML Fanatic; XP 8,000.

I need him stat-ed up ala Pathfinder but with full Realms-tome access.

So, he's in "Sword Mage" by Richard Baker and called the King in Copper . If there's a way to hint at that, other than me adding it to his description, throw it in.

This might play really well, as his phylactery will be inaccessible to the PCs. They can kill him, and he'll still make it into the novel in 150 years.

Edited by - Rhewtani on 03 Jan 2011 17:53:46
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  05:58:48  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

I'll be using the Zhent Commander you put together tomorrow night. I'm excited.

Excellent! I hope he works out well for you.

quote:

Would you be willing to put together a Human Lich Wizard from the Moonsea? I need one for Aesperus of Hulburg. From Moonsea:

He was a wizard and a defender of Hulburg, who was struck unconscious in battle and accidentally buried alive under a mass of dead.
Aesperus survived his ordeal, but with a price: He became a lich in the process. He has remained here for the last five centuries, his mind gone, planning his revenge on the upper world.

Aesperus intends to revive the thousands of remains in the pit, send them boiling upward onto the surface, and march them across the North coast to lay waste to everything in their path.

Lich (1): INT Supra-genius; AL CE; AC 0; MV 6; HD 11+; hp 116; THAC0 9; #AT 1; Dmg 1-10; SA magic; SD cold touch, paralysis; SD: + 1
or better magical weapon to hit; SZ M; ML Fanatic; XP 8,000.

I need him stat-ed up ala Pathfinder but with full Realms-tome access.

So, he's in "Sword Mage" by Richard Baker and called the King in Copper . If there's a way to hint at that, other than me adding it to his description, throw it in.

This might play really well, as his phylactery will be inaccessible to the PCs. They can kill him, and he'll still make it into the novel in 150 years.

Hmmm, I could do that. When do you need it by? As for the build, what CR would you like him to be? I could easily go Wizard/Arch Wizard and have the spells and feats be pretty awesome. Also, is he known for anything unique or focused like Necromancy or rasing Undead? Info like that helps me flesh-out what sorts of feats and spells to load him with.
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  15:29:09  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd keep in the CR 15ish range. I found out he's called the king in copper because his joints are held together with copper. He spends most of his time raising an army of the dead, so he's gonna need as expansive an ability to animate as possible.

I could use him by tonight (yeah, i know ...), but I intend to keep him around for a long while, so any time is fine.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  10:49:00  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd keep in the CR 15ish range. I found out he's called the king in copper because his joints are held together with copper. He spends most of his time raising an army of the dead, so he's gonna need as expansive an ability to animate as possible.

I could use him by tonight (yeah, i know ...), but I intend to keep him around for a long while, so any time is fine.

I could have him statted up in a few days. Definitly done by Friday, the 7th.

If you'd like him to be able to summon undead and be exceptional at it, hows about I go pure Dread Necromancer? The class is arcane in nature, but is way more focused on Necromancy spells than a wizard specialized on Necromancy?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  11:40:46  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The King in Copper is also in Richard's short story in Realms of the Dead...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  14:40:17  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dread Necromancer sounds perfect. I won't need him until at least the 17th. One of my players went awol last night and I had to run a small side quest that didn't come out at all like I'd planned (in the 3 minutes I had to plan it).
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  01:06:28  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dread Necromancer sounds perfect. I won't need him until at least the 17th. One of my players went awol last night and I had to run a small side quest that didn't come out at all like I'd planned (in the 3 minutes I had to plan it).

I've had those kinda nights before so I hear you. Dread Necromancer it is.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  11:01:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Until I stat up Aesperus, heres a quick NPC/Monster to use in your campaigns...

ZERAH "FLAME TONGUE"; CR 7
Female tiefling wizard 6
N Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +2, Spot +2
Languages Common, Damaran, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Infernal, Undercommon
==========================================================================
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 12
(+1 armor, +3 Dex, +1 deflection)
hp 26 (6 HD)
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee mwk spear +4 (1d6/x2)
Reach 10 ft. with mwk spear or
Melee decastave +4 touch (1d6/x2; 1d8 sonic on critical and Deafened [Fort DC 14])
Ranged touch +6 (by spell)
Base Atk +3; Grp +3
Atk Options scorching burst (3d6; DC 17 Reflex, half)
Combat Gear eternal wand (CL 10th; decastave) 2/day, wand of burning hands (CL 4th, 33 charges), wand of color spray (CL 5th, 42 charges)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 6th):
3rd—fell magic missile, fireball (DC 17), fly
2nd—Aganazzar's scorcher (DC 16), fell ray of frost (ranged touch), invisibility, web
1st—chromatic orb, grease, obscuring mist, shield
0 (cantrips)—acid splash (ranged touch), daze (DC 14), detect magic, resistance
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 10
SQ summon familiar
Feats Combat Casting, Fell Drain, Scorching Burst, Scribe Scroll, Swift and Silent
Skills Bluff +2, Concentration +9 (+13 casting defensively), Craft (alchemy) +9, Decipher Script +8, Hide +10, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (Damara local) +5, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +10, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (the planes) +6, Profession (cartographer) +3, Move Silently +5, Spellcraft +11
Possessions combat gear plus masterwork spear, ring of protection +1, bracers of armor +1, cloak of elvenkind, spellbook, spell component pouch, 3 gems worth 50 gp each, 38 pp.
Spellbook spells prepared plus 0—all; 1st—alarm, disguise self, Knauper's skittish nerves, ray of enfeeblement; 2nd—blur, rope trick, scorching ray; 3rd—dispel magic, magic weapon [greater], phantom steed.

Sources Used: PHB, DMG, Monster Manual, Spell Compendium, Magic of Faerun (for FR spell names), Libris Mortis: Book of the Dead, Complete Mage.

• 32-point buy

• Bonus Regional feat

• Removed the -2 penalty to Charisma. I felt it wasn't balanced in comparison to other Planetouched creatures

EDIT: Realized I forgot to throw in v3.5 Chromatic Orb (Homebrew)

Chromatic Orb
Evocation [Force]
Level: Wiz/Sor 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./ 2 levels)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: See text
Saving throw: See text
Spell resistance: Yes

This spell causes a 4-inch diameter sphere of swirling colors to appear in the casters hand. When thrown, it flies unerringly towards its target.
The effects the orb has on its target vary with the level of the caster who cast the spell. A 1st sphere deals 1d4 damage and blinds its target for 1 round. A 2nd level sphere deals 1d6 damage and inflicts pain upon the target, making him slowed for 1d4 rounds. A 3rd level sphere deals 1d10 damage and sets target on fire, dealing additional 1d6 fire damage for 3 rounds. A 4th level sphere deals 1d10 damage and blinds the target for 1d8 rounds. A 5th level sphere deals 1d12 damage and stuns the target for 3 rounds. A 6th level sphere deals 2d6 damage and target becomes nauseated for 1d6 rounds. A 7th level sphere deals 2d8 damage and exhausts the target for 1d4 rounds. A 8th level sphere deals 2d8 damage and paralyzes the target for 1d6 rounds. A 9th level sphere deals 2d10 damage or petrifies the target.
A successful reflex save negates any negative effects of the orb, but still takes the initial damage.
A sphere’s level is equal to the highest level the wizard or sorcerer can cast at that particular time.
Component: A gem worth at least 25 gp.

Edited by - Diffan on 06 Jan 2011 11:11:42
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  18:54:46  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know it's sort of a redundant thing to say, but it really just occurred to me that even the ones I don't directly request will be useful in fleshing out encounters. Now my zhent patrol has their wizard. I'll throw out there that I do need some banite clerics in the 8th-14th ranges.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  23:02:11  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could also use banite/xvim clerics in the 8-14th ranges, using the 3.5 rules. =)

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  18:09:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll see what I can do. I know I have a few clerics on file that can be easily adjusted for Banite/Xvim clerics.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  15:29:58  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a Banite cleric for you guys.

Neval Ambelcrown; CR 9
Male Chondathan cleric 9 (Bane)
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Chondathan, Common
AC 26, touch 13, flat-footed 25
(+10 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection, +1 Dex)
hp 74 (9 HD)
Immune charm and compulsion effects, rust attacks
Resistance 10 negative energy
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +13
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); base 30 ft.
Melee +2 darksteel morningstar +14/+9 (1d8+7, plus 1 electricity, plus 2 negative energy for 6 rounds/x2)
Base Atk +6; Grp +9 (+11)
Special Actions rebuke undead 10/day (+5, 2d6+12; 9th)
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds (25 charges), potion of lesser restoration, scroll of dispel magic
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 9th):
5th-righteous might*, slay living (DC 20), wall of stone
4th—divine power, cure critical wounds, emotion (DC 19), restoration
3rd—bestow curse* (DC 18), cure serious wounds, dispel magic, mystic lash, unholy storm
2nd—bull’s strength^, cure moderate wounds, infernal wound^, protection from negative energy^, scare* (DC 17), spiritual weapon
1st—bane (DC 16), cure light wounds, doom* (DC 16), inhibit (DC 16), protection from good^, shield of faith^
0—detect magic, guidance, light, no light, read magic, resistance
*: Domain Spells. Domains: Destruction- smite good 1/day (+4 attack, +9 damage), Hatred- hateful glare 1/day (+2 to atk, saves, AC for 1 minute against 1 opponent)
^: Already cast
Abilities Str 16 (20), Dex 12, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 20, Cha 16
SQ moderate evil aura, spontaneously cast inflict spells
Feats Combat Casting, Extra Turning, Furious Charge*, Initiate of Bane, Via Negativia, Weapon Focus (morningstar)
Skills Concentration +13 (+17 casting defensively), Diplomacy +7, Heal +7, Hide +8 (+2 in armor), Knowledge (religion) +5, Spellcraft +11
Possessions combat gear plus +2 blueshine full plate, +2 darksteel morningstar, +1 heavy steel shield, periapt of Wisdom +2, silver holy symbol (Bane), vest of resistance +2

Edited by - Diffan on 12 Feb 2012 06:16:32
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  16:41:06  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Diffan - you want to edit/paste this into your first post?

Index

3E/3.5E/Pathfinder
CR 01, Pg 01 – “Viktor Karliv” Male Damaran human cleric 1 of Tempus
CR 02, Pg 01 – “Den’vor Jarrik” Male aasimar paladin 1 of Kelemvor
CR 03, Pg 01 – “Adorned Ariel Pell” Female Damaran human cleric 3 (Ilmater)
CR 03, Pg 02 – “Deladara” Female half-elf mercury dragon shaman 3
CR 03, Pg 02 – “Zhent Spy” Female Chondathan bard 3
CR 04, Pg 02 – “Luth Bersek” Male Chondathan sorcerer 4
CR 04, Pg 01 – “Mistress Kethra” Female Illuskan human cleric 4 of Loviatar
CR 04, Pg 02 – “Sir Argath Blackblade” Male Illuskan knight 4
CR 04, Pg 02 – “Talindra Wavesilver” Female half-moon elf scout 4
CR 04, Pg 01 – “Zhent Cultist” Male Chondathan cleric 4 (Cyric)
CR 05, Pg 01 – “Feralor Nareth” Male moon elf druid 3/ wizard* 2
CR 06, Pg 01 – “Unnamed” Female fey'ri rogue 2/ sorcerer 2
CR 06, Pg 02 – “Unnamed” Male rashemi rogue 2/ hexblade 4
CR 07, Pg 02 – “Braela Traelstarr” Female Damaran paladin 5 (Mystra)/ knight of the weave 2
CR 07, Pg 02 – “Stor Heraldson” Male Illuskan barbarian 1/ fighter 6
CR 07, Pg 03 – “Zerah Flametongue” Female tiefling wizard 6
CR 08, Pg 02 – “Karthrand” Male Shield dwarf fighter 1/ crusader 7 (Dumathoin)
CR 09, Pg 01 – “Balan Dulsaer” Male Chondathan human cleric 5/ordained champion 4 of Tyr
CR 09, Pg 01 – “Kael’inor Sylellion” Male Moon elf cleric 4/ warlock 1/ eldritch disciple 4
CR 09, Pg 03 – “Neval Ambelcrown” Male Chondathan cleric 9 (Bane)
CR 09, Pg 01 – “Vel’adren” Male half-sun elf duskblade 9
CR 10, Pg 01 – “Stromovich Krosovechky” Male Rasheman human barbarian 2/ fighter 4/ tempest 4
CR 10, Pg 02 – “Faril Laheralson” Male Tethyrian human fighter 7/ ranger 3
CR 10, Pg 03 – “Ny’thandael Steeleaf” Male Moon elf fighter 2/ wizard 6/ bladesinger 2
CR 10, Pg 01 – “Unnamed” Female Chondathan bard 6/rogue 2/court herald 2
CR 11, Pg 01 – “Sir Ajantis Greycastle” Male Chondathan cleric 8/ justicar of Tyr 3
CR 11, Pg 03 – “Zhentarim Commander” Male Damaran human fighter 5/ cavalier 6
CR 12, Pg 03 – “Ilandeth Silverspear” Male moon elf ranger 3 (Shevarash)/ sorcerer 4/ Evereskan tomb guardian 5
CR 12, Pg 01 – “Kallious Solinnodel” Male Moon elf fighter 6/ blade dancer 4/ tempest 2
CR 12, Pg 02 – “Raydin Gloomantle” Male Damaran wizard 5/ shadow adept 7
CR 12, Pg 01 – “Sir Brenan Dunarch” Male Tethyrian human paladin 12 of Tyr
CR 13, Pg 01 – “Draevik” Male Chondathan human monk 5/ paladin 5 (Lathander)/ sun soul monk 3
CR 13, Pg 01 – “The Belkagen” Male lythari ranger 5/ herbalist 5
CR 13, Pg 01 – “Friar of Kelemvore” Male Chondathan human cleric 7 (Kelemvore)/ doomguide 3/ hunter of the dead 3
CR 15, Pg 02 – “Arcadian Avenger” Crusader 9 (Tyr)
CR 15, Pg 01 – “El’rith Phar’aen” Male drow duskblade 13/ shadow adept 1
CR 16, Pg 01 – “Ox” Male Reshemi barbarian 1/fighter 8/frenzied berserker 7
CR 16, Pg 02 – “Pharaxus Torrendol” Male Halruaan warmage 14/ archmage 2
CR 16, Pg 02 – “The Bone Collector” Male Chondathan human cleric 3/ wizard 3/ true necromancer 10
CR 20, Pg 01 – “Broislav Gorrin” Male Damaran half-vampire fighter 6/ blackguard 10/ warrior of darkness 3
CR 20, Pg 01 – “Summoner of Kossuth” Male Rashemi cleric 13 (Kossuth)/ nar demonbinder 7
CR 21, Pg 01 – “Sidious” Male half yuan-ti/half dragon (green) cleric 20 of Tiamat

4e
Lvl 01, Pg 02 – “ARTUS” Warforged Warlord 1
Lvl 01, Pg 01 – “Unnamed” Tiefling Warlock 1

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  17:54:11  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Index man. Much appreciated!!!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  19:25:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another Banite Baddie, though not a Cleric, he's still VERY Destructive

Lord Mordeth CR 12
Male death knight paladin of tyranny 8 (Bane)
LE medium undead
Init +2; Senses Listen -1, Spot -1; darkvision 60 feet, see invisibility
Aura despair (10ft. enemies -2 on saving throws), fear (10ft. enemies 5 HD or fewer Will DC 20 or affected by fear spell)
Languages Abyssal, Common
AC 28, touch 13, flat-footed 26
(+10 armor, +2 Dex, +5 natural, +2 deflection, -1 misc.)
hp 96 (8 HD)
Immune cold, electricity, polymorph
SR 20
Fort +12 (unless effect works on objects or is harmless), Ref +10, Will +10
Melee +2 wounding keen greatsword +17/+12 (2d6+12 plus 1 con/17-20x2) or
Melee touch attack +15 (1d8+6 plus 1 con Will DC 20)
Base Atk +8; Grp +15
Atk Options Awesome Smite, Power Attack, Ride by Attack, abyssal blast 1/day (DC 20 half), smite good 2/day (+6 attack; +8 damage or +24 while charging)
Special Actions rebuke undead 9/day (+6, 2d6+11; 5th), special mount 1/day for 16 hours, deadly touch 48 points/day (DC 20)
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 4th):
2nd—knight’s move
1st—bane (DC 14), rhino’s rush
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 8th):
At will—detect good
1/tenday—contagion (DC 20)
Abilities Str 24, Dex 14, Con -, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 23
SQ undead traits, moderate aura of evil
Feats Awesome Smite, Death Domain, Improved Sunder, Mounted Combat, Power Attack, Ride by Attack
Flaws Inattentive (-4 on Listen and Spot checks), Reckless (-1 to AC)
Skills Concentration +8, Craft (armorsmithing) +2, Craft (weaponsmithing) +2, Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +13, Heal +7, Knowledge (royalty and nobility) +3, Knowledge (religion) +3, Profession (noble) +3, Ride +13, Sense Motive +11
Possessions +2 wounding keen greatsword, +2 archaic mithral full plate, cloak of charisma +4, belt of giant strength +4, ring of protection +2
Abyssal Blast (Su): Once per day, Lord Mordeth can unleash a blast of eldritch fire. The blast fills a 20 foot radius spread anywhere within 720 feet. The blast deals 8d6 points of damage half of which is fire, the other half is divine. A successful Reflex save DC 20 reduces the damage by half. DLCS 212
Aura of Despair (Su): Lord Mordeth radiates a malign aura that causes enemies within 10 feet of him to take a -2 penalty on all saving throws. UArc 55
Aura of Evil (Su): The power of a paladin of tyranny’s aura of evil (see the detect evil spell) is equal to his paladin level, just like the aura of a cleric of a evil deity.
Aura of Fear (Su): Lord Mordeth is shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of fewer than 5 HD within 15 feet of Lord Mordeth must succeed at a Will save DC 20 or be affected as though by a fear spell. Caster level equals Lord Mordeth’s HD. DLCS 213
Cause Disease (Sp): contagion 1/week, as the spell. UArc 55
Charging Smite (Ex): When using the charging action and smiting, Lord Mordeth can triple the smiting damage. If he misses on the attack, the attempt isn’t considered used for the day. PH II 53
Deadly Touch (Su): Lord Mordeth can cause wounds with a successful touch attack, dealing 48 points of damage. A successful Will save DC 20 halves the damage. Alternatively he can use this ability to heal himself or any undead like a paladin’s lay on hands ability. UArc 54
Detect Good (Sp): Detect good at will, as the spell. UArc 54
Discerning Insight (Ex): Lord Mordeth can recognize whether a person is trustworthy or not. He gains a +2 bonus on Sense Motive checks when trying to get a "hunch" about the subject's personality after a 1-minute conversation. Web Enhancement:“Dead Levels” WotC website.
Divine Grace (Ex): Lord Mordeth adds his Charisma modifier, if any to his saving throws. PH 44
Divine Health (Ex): Immunity to disease. PH 44
Smite Good (Su): Twice per day, Lord Mordeth can attempt to smite good with one normal melee attack. He adds +6 to his attack roll and deals an extra 8 points of damage. UArc 54
Summon Mount (Su): Once per day, Lord Mordeth may summon a nightmare with 4 HD for 16 hours.
Turn Immunity (Ex): Lord Mordeth cannot be turned. He can be banished with holy word, however, just as if he were an evil outsider.
Undead Traits: Lord Mordeth has all the traits associated with the undead. MM 350

Sources Used: Player's Handbook, Dragonlance Campaign Setting, Monster Manual II, Unearthed Arcana, WotC web enchancement "dead levels", and Spell Compendium.

Edited by - Diffan on 24 Sep 2011 17:13:07
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2011 :  23:52:28  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yikes. So, my game with Aesperus featured was going to be this Wednesday, but now I think it's bumped to next Monday night.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  14:54:14  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Rhewtani, I should have Asperus's stats done up tonight. Sorry it's taking me so long. I've had little time to devote to NPCs and the like in the past two weeks. Sorry for any problems this delay might have caused you.

In the mean time, I'm posting this next character in light of a recent discussion on another thread involing Drizzt and his munchkin or non-munchkiness. So here's my own version of Drizzt, with 2 more levels of Fighter, making him a CR 18. Enjoy!!

Drizzt Do’Urden; CR 19
Male drow barbarian 1/ fighter 12/ ranger 5 (Mielikki)
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +9; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Common, Drow Sign, Elven, Goblin, Giant, Undercommon
AC 24, touch 15, flat-footed 19; Dodge
(+8 armor, +5 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 138 (18 HD); DR 5/bludgeoning
Immune sleep
Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +8 (+10 against enchantments);(+2 to saves against spells and spell-like effects)
SR 27
Speed 40 ft (8 squares); Mobility
Melee +3 frostbrand scimitar +25/+20/+15 (1d6+8, plus 1d6 cold/15-20) or
Melee +2 defending scimitar +24/+19/+14 (1d6+6/15-20) or
Melee +3 frostbrand scimitar +23/+18/+13 (1d6+8, plus 1d6 cold/15-20) and +2 defending scimitar +22/+17 (1d6+6/15-20) with Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Base Atk +18; Grp +19
Atk Options Distracting attack, favored enemies goblin +4, magical beasts +2, rage 1/day
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 18th)
3/day-deeper darkness
1/day—dancing lights, faerie fire
Abilities Str 13, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 14
SQ Combat style (two-weapon combat), drow traits, fast movement, wild empathy (+5)
Feats Blind Fight*, Daylight Adaptation, Deepening Darkness, Dodge*, Improved Critical (scimitar), Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting*, Melee Weapon Mastery (slashing), Mobility*, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Quick Draw, Spring Attack*, Twin Sword Style, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Pounce, Weapon Focus (scimitar)*, Weapon Specialization (scimitar)*.
Skills Climb +11, Handle Animal +9, Heal +5, Hide +17, Intimidate +2, Jump +12, Knowledge (nature) +8, Move Silently+19, Ride+6, Search +12, Survival +13, Swim +1, Tumble +8, Use Rope +5
Possessions Icingdeath (+3 frostbrand scimitar), Twinkle (+2 defending scimitar), +4 mithral chain shirt of axe/spear blocking, anklets of speed (boots of speed), onyx figurine of wondrous power: panther (name Guenhwyvar; see below)
Distracting Attack (Ex): When ever Drizzt hits with a weapon attack (whether melee or ranged), that enemy is considered flanked by him for the purposes of adjudicating his allies’ attacks. This lasts until either the enemy is attacked by one of his allies or until the start of his next turn, which ever comes first.
Drow Traits: Immune to magic sleep spells and effects, +2 racial bonus on saves against enchantment effects, +2 racial bonus to spells and spell-like effects, able to detect secret or concealed doors, +2 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
Rage (Ex): Once per day, Drizzt can enter a state of fierce rage (called the “Hunter” that lasts for 7 rounds. The following changes are in effect as long as he rages: hp 174; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 17; Grp +21; Atk +27 melee (1d6+10 plus 1d6 cold/15-20, +3 frostbrand scimitar) or +26 melee (1d6+7/15-20, +2 defending scimitar); Full Atk +25/+20/+15/+10 melee (1d6+10, plus 1d6 cold/15-20, +3 frostbrand scimitar) and +24/+19 melee (1d6+7/15-20, +2 defending scimitar); SV Fort +18, Will +10; Str 17, Con 19; Climb +13, Jump +14. At the end of his rage, Drizzt is fatigued for the duration of the encounter.

Onyx Panther: This magical figurine summons the black panther Guenhwyvar, a friend and loyal companion to Drizzt. She can be summoned every other day for a period of 6 hours. If slain, she reverts to her figurine form and cannot be summoned for 48 hours. Guen understands Common and Undercommon, and has the following statistics:

Guenhwyvar: Female panther; CR 8; Medium animal; HD 9d8+18; hp 57; Init +5; Spd 40 ft., climb 20 ft.; AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 12; Base Atk +6; Grp +9; Atk +11 melee (1d6+3, bite) and +9 melee (1d3+1, 2 claws); Full Atk +11/+6 melee (1d6+3, bite) and +9 melee (1d3+1, 2 claws); SA Pounce, improved grab, rake 1d3+1; SQ Low-light vision, scent; AL N; SV Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +4; Str 16, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8.
Skills and Feats: Balance +13, Climb +11, Hide +10*, Jump +12, Listen +6, Move Silently +9, Spot +6; Improved Natural Armor, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse (bite), Weapon Finesse (claw). Includes +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, +8 racial bonus on Balance checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, her Hide bonus improves to +8.

Sorces Used: PHB, PHB II, DMG, Complete Adventurer, Complete Warrior, FRCS, Spell Compendium, Races of Faerun.

Note: Guen is still in the old stat-block form, hope that's cool. I can change it up, but it'll take longer.

Edited by - Diffan on 23 Jan 2011 14:55:54
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  18:52:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feng Bloodclaw; CR 7
Male half-orc barbarian 7
CN Medium humanoid (orc)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 feet; Listen +3, Spot +1
Languages Common, Orc
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 18
(+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 deflection)
hp 69 (7 HD); DR 1/-
Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Melee +1 vicious greataxe +13/+8 (1d12+8/x3 plus 2d6 damage and 1d6 damage to self)
Ranged mwk javelin +10 (1d6+5/x3)
Base Atk +7; Grp +12
Atk Options Power Attack, rage 2/day
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 11
SQ fast movement, improved uncanny dodge, trap sense +1
Feats Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, Shock Trooper
Skills Climb +9, Handle Animal +2, Intimidate +8, Jump +10, Ride +5, Survival +6, Swim +5
Possessions +1 vicious greataxe, +2 chain shirt, gauntlets of ogre power, ring of protection +1, cloak of resistance +1

Edited by - Diffan on 23 Jan 2011 18:53:32
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  18:57:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Emmera Greycastle; CR 7
Female Chondathan human fighter 7
N Medium humanoid
Init +5; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Chondathan, Common, Iluskan
AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24
(+10 armor, +1 Dex, +4 shield, +1 deflection)
hp 61 (7 HD)
Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +4
Melee +1 longsword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20)
Ranged mwk composite longbow (Str +4) +9/+4 (1d8+4/x3) or
Ranged mwk composite longbow (Str +4) +7/+7/+2 (1d8+4/x3) with Rapid Shot
Base Atk +7; Grp +11
Atk Options Cleave, Combat Brute, Power Attack
Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 13
Feats Cleave*, Combat Brute*, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Precise Shot*, Rapid Shot*
* Bonus fighter feat
Skills Climb +4, Craft (armorsmithing) +5, Craft (weaponsmithing) +5, Handle Animal +5, Intimidate +9, Jump +4, Ride +4, Swim -4
Possessions +1 longsword, +2 full plate, +2 heavy steel shield, cloak of resistance +1, ring of protection +1, gauntlets of ogre power, masterwork composite longbow (Str +4) with 30 arrows.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2011 :  20:02:15  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Asperus's stats have been rather frustrating to complete. In the mead time here's another PCs from my one campaign.

SIR IVAN BRIGHTFLAME; CR 13
Male Chondathan human fighter 4/ crusader 3 (Helm)/ purple dragon knight 5/ pegasus knight of Cormyr 1
LN Medium humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Chondathan, Common, Damaran
AC 29, touch 12, flat-footed 28
(+11 armor, +1 Dex, +5 shield, +1 deflection, +1 natural)
hp 127 (13 HD)
Fort +18, Ref +6, Will +14 (+1 to saves against spells and spell-like abilities); zealous surge
SR 13
Melee +2 everbright ghost touch bastard sword +21/+16/+11 (1d10+9/19-20) or
Melee +2 spiked bashing heavy steel shield +19 (2d6+3/x2) or
Melee +2 everbright ghost touch bastard sword +19/+14/+9 (1d10+9/19-20) and +2 spiked bashing heavy steel shield +17 (2d6+3/x2) with Agile Shield Fighter
Ranged +2 composite longbow (Str +2) +16/+11/+6 (1d8+4/x3) or
Ranged +2 spiked bashing heavy steel shield +15 (2d6+3) with Shield Sling
Base Atk +13; Grp +18
Atk Options Shield Sling, furious counterstrike, oath of wrath 1/day, rallying cry 3/day, steely resolve 5
Special Actions inspire courage 2/day, final stand 1/day
Spell-Like Abilities CL 5th:
1/day—fear (DC 18)
Maneuvers and Stances Known (IL 8th):
Stances—iron guard’s glare (1st), martial spirit (1st), thicket of blades (3rd)
Strikes—crusader’s strike (1st), divine surge (4th), leading the attack (1st), mountain hammer (2nd), tactical strike (2nd)
Boost—white raven tactics (3rd)
Counters—shield block (2nd)
Disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon, White Raven
Readied maneuvers
Abilities Str 21, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 16
SQ heroic shield, indomitable soul, mounted stance, pegasus mount
Feats Agile Shield Fighter, Discipline, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword), Improved Shield Bash, Martial Stance (thicket of blades), Mounted Combat, Negotiator, Shield Sling, Shield Specialization, Weapon Focus (bastard sword), Weapon Specialization (bastard sword)
Skills Balance +0, Climb +4, Concentration +5, Diplomacy +13, Handle Animal +9, Intimidate +10, Jump +4, Knowledge (Cormyr local) +6, Knowledge (history) +3, Knowledge (religion) +2, Knowledge (tactics) +2, Martial Lore +1, Ride +11, Sense Motive +7, Swim -7
Flaw Qualm: Code of Arms (-4 to melee attack and damage rolls against unarmed opponents or opponents using ranged weapons.)
Possessions Wraithbane (+2 everbright ghost touch bastard sword), Guardian (+2 spiked bashing heavy steel shield [lesser crystal of returning]), +3 full plate of spell resistance 13, gauntlets of ogre power, Mantle of the Brightflames (cloak of Charisma +2), boots of the mountain king, ring of protection +1, tabard of the Purple Dragons (vest of resistance +2), amulet of natural armor +1, +2 composite longbow (Str +2) with 30 arrows, pegasus helm of Kloeth Ironstar, 889 gp.

SKY FIRE (Celestial Pegasus); CR --
NG Large outsider
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Listen +8, Spot +8
Languages understands common
AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 17
(+4 armor, +2 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural)
hp 45 (4 HD); DR 5/magic
Immune disease
Fort +7 (+11 against poison), Ref +6, Will +4
SR 14
Speed 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 120 ft. (average)
Melee hoof +7 (1d6+4) or
Melee hooves +7 (1d6+4) and bite +2 (1d3+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +4; Grp +12
Atk Options Flyby Attack, smite evil 1/day (+4 damage)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th):
At-will—daylight, detect evil, detect good
3/day—protection from evil
1/day—aid, bless
Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 13
SQ magic-aligned weapons
Feats Flyby Attack, Iron Will
Skills Diplomacy +3, Listen +8, Sense Motive +9, Spot +8
Possessions masterwork mithral chain shirt barding

Edited by - Diffan on 04 May 2014 18:30:40
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2011 :  23:05:42  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did I tell you that fate's conspiring to aide you? Maybe there's a supplement that's just about to come out to make it easier.

Game scheduled for last week - bumped to last night.
Last minute, player cancels because of the snow storm, so we're bumped to Aesperus being featured a week from Monday.

Mind you my birthday is Saturday, so feel free to have him done for that. :)
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  02:10:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did I tell you that fate's conspiring to aide you? Maybe there's a supplement that's just about to come out to make it easier.

Game scheduled for last week - bumped to last night.
Last minute, player cancels because of the snow storm, so we're bumped to Aesperus being featured a week from Monday.

Mind you my birthday is Saturday, so feel free to have him done for that. :)

Ah, well that is good news. I was afraid I screwed up your campaigns. And it just so happens that I'm off tomorrow and my daugher is going to day-care. Definitly ample time to roll up Asperus's stats. BTW, I was going to go either 15th level Dread Necromancer Lich OR 15th level specialist Wizard (Necromancy) Lich. As for stats, I'm going to roll 4d6, drop the lowest score.

Any special quirks you'd like him to have such as a special magic weapon or ability? If not, then I'm going to have him specialize in Undead Creation and his feats will support that.

And for some addition filler space, a couple of Zhent bad-guys for fun:

Zhentarim Sergeant (Jaris Graves); CR 4
Male Damaran human rogue 3/ fighter 1
NE Medium humanoid
Init +5; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Common, Damaran
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14; Dodge
(+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 29 (4 HD)
Resist evasion
Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee mwk dlarun warblade +8 (1d8+1, plus 1 frost /x2) or
Melee mwk dlarun warblade +6 (1d8+1, plus 1 frost /x2) and
mwk shortsword +6 (1d6+1/19-20) with Two-Weapon Fighting
Ranged mwk light crossbow +6 (1d8/19-20)
Base Atk +3; Grp +4
Atk Options sneak attack +2d6
Combat Gear 2 doses of drow poison (Fort DC 13; unconscious), 2 potions of cure light wounds (CL 5th), wand of magic missile (CL 3rd)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14
SQ trapfinding
Feats Dodge, Thug, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (light blades)
Skills Appraise +1, Bluff +7, Balance +4, Climb +3, Craft (poison) +2, Disable Device +5, Gather Information +3, Hide +6, Intimidate +7, Jump +3, Move Silently +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +1, Tumble +6, Use Magic Device +9, Swim +2
Possessions combat gear plus Ice (masterwork dlarun warblade), masterwork shortsword, masterwork chain shirt, vest of resistance +1, masterwork light crossbow with 20 bolts, adventuring gear.

3 Zhentarim Soldiers (Thom, Lefty, and Harric); CR 1
Male Damaran human fighter 1
LE Medium humanoid
Init +6; Senses Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages Common, Damaran
AC 20, touch 10, flat-footed 20
(+7 armor, +3 shield)
hp 12 (1 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +1
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); base 30 feet
Melee longsword +5 (1d8+3/19-20)
Ranged heavy crossbow +1 (1d10/19-20)
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Combat Gear 2 potions of cure light wounds (CL 2nd)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 11, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10
Feats Improved Initiative, Shield Specialization (heavy shields), Thug, Weapon Focus (heavy blades)
Skills Climb -4, Intimidate +5, Jump -4, Ride +3, Swim -13
Possessions (x3) longsword, splint mail, heavy steel shields, heavy crossbows with 20 bolts (60 total), adventuring gear

character notes--

• 32-point buy

• Bonus regional feat at 1st level

• Weapon's formed into groups (light blades, heavy blades, hammers, etc..)

• Warblade weapon found in v3.5 supplement Warcraft: Roleplaying Game. Treat as light blade, crit modifier x2

Sources Used: PHB, PH2, DMG, Magic of Faerun, Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, Player's Guide to Forgotten Realms

Edited by - Diffan on 08 Feb 2012 04:31:36
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  06:00:59  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich Baker referred me to his short story in Realms of the Dead when I asked about him about Aespersus and Hulburg, et al. From what I've ready, 15th level sounds plenty good for him at this point. All he really did in the story is send skeletons and spectres in overwhelming numbers to kill some Hillsfar scum. So it sounds like undead creation is the way to go.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  20:28:56  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AESPERUS, KING IN COPPER; CR 17
Male lich dread necromancer 15
Any Evil Medium (undead)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +10, Spot +10
Aura fear ( 60 ft.; enemies with 5 HD or less Will save DC 25 or be affected by fear)
Languages Common, Damaran, Elven, Orc
=============================================================================
AC 28, touch 15, flat-footed 25
(+8 armor, +3 Dex, +5 natural, +2 deflection)
hp 96 (15 HD); DR 15/bludgeoning and magic
Immune cold, electricity, polymorph, and mind-affecting attacks
Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +13 (Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 keen longsword +13/+8 (1d8+6/17-20x2) or
Melee charnel touch +12 (1d8+3/x2)
Ranged touch +10 (by spell)
Base Atk +7; Grp +12
Atk Options charnel touch, enervating touch (up to 7 negative levels), negative energy burst (5-ft.; 15d4 damage; DC=24 Will, half), paralyzing touch (Fort DC=24, permanently paralyzed), scabrous touch 1/day (contagion, Fort DC=24)
Special Actions rebuke undead 14/day (+9, 2d6+22; 15th)
Dread Necromancer Spells per Day/Advanced Learning (CL 15th, +1 DC for necromancy spells):
7th (5/day)—as per dread necromancer list
6th (7/day)—as per dread necromancer list; plus ray of entropy (Spell Compendium)
5th (7/day)—as per dread necromancer list
4th (7/day)—as per dread necromancer list; plus consumptive field (Libris Mortis)
3rd (8/day)—as per dread necromancer list
2nd (8/day)—as per dread necromancer list; plus curse of impending blades (Spell Compendium)
1st (8/day)—as per dread necromancer list
Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con — , Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 25
SQ advanced learning, mental bastion, summon familiar (has not done so), undead mastery, undead traits
Feats Corpsecrafter, Deadly Chill, Fell Drain, Profane Lifeleech, Quicken Spell, Rapid Metamagic, Spell Focus (necromancy)
Skills Bluff +13, Concentration +14, Craft (alchemy) +8, Decipher Script +8, Disguise +13, Hide +10, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (religion) +7, Profession (any) +4, Spellcraft +17
Possessions +1 keen longsword, +3 mithral breastplate, cloak of Charisma +4, ring of protection +2, girdle of ogre Strength +4, nightstick

starting stats= Int 13, Wis 13, Dex 14, Str 16, Cha 16
current stats= Int 15, Wis 15, Dex 14, Str 16, Cha 25

Sourced Used: PHB, Heroes of Horror, Spell Compendium, Libris Mortis: Book of the Dead, DMG

OR you can use this version which is more conservative in it's approach and is a level 15 Necromancer.

AESPERUS, KING IN COPPER; CR 17
Male lich necromancer 15
Any Evil Medium undead (augmented humanoid)
Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +10, Spot +10
Aura fear (60 ft., enemies with 5 HD or less become affected by fear, Will DC=20)
Languages Chondathan, Common, Damaran, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal, Orc
===========================================================================
AC 27, touch 16, flat-footed 13
(+6 armor, +4 Dex, +5 natural, +2 deflection)
hp 96 (15 HD); DR 15/bludgeoning and magic
Resist +4 against turning
Immune cold, electricity, polymorph, and mind-affecting attacks
Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +13 (Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 keen longsword +11/+6 (1d8+4/18-20) or
Melee paralyzing touch +10/+5 touch (Fort DC=20, permanently paralyzed)
Ranged touch +11 (by spell)
Atk Options Acidic Splatter (ranged touch, 6d6 acid damage)
Combat Gear 3 potion of inflict critical wounds (CL 10th), lesser rod of empowered metamagic (3/day), wand of control undead (35 charges; CL 15th)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 15th; prohibited schools: enchantment and evocation)
8th—horrid wilting (DC 27), protection from spells
7th—fell shadow evocation (DC 24), greater teleport, quicken dispel magic, waves of exhaustion
6th—acid fog, create undead, extend summon undead V, fell phantasmal killer, quicken mirror image
5th—cloudkill (DC 22), extend consumptive field, quickened ray of enfeeblement (ranged touch), shadow evocation (DC 22), seeming (DC 22), waves of fatigue
4th—animate dead, bestow curse (DC 23), dimension door, greater invisibility, Rary’s mnemonic enhancer, summon undead IV
3rd—blink, extend spectral hand, haste, magic circle against good, stinking cloud, summon undead III, vampiric touch (melee touch)
2nd—acid arrow (ranged touch), blindness/deafness (DC 21), curse of impending blades, ghoul touch (melee touch; DC 21), levitate, see invisibility, summon undead II
1st—chill touch (melee touch; DC 20), enlarge person, grease (DC 18), shield, (2) summon undead I
0 (cantrips)—detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, no light
Abilities Str 16, Dex 18, Con — , Int 25, Wis 15, Cha 17
SQ summon familiar (Aesperus has not summoned one), undead traits
Feats Acidic Splatter, Corpsecrafter, Deadly Chill, Extend Spell*, Fell Drain*, Greater Spell Focus (necromancy), Improved Initiative, Militia*, Nimble Bones, Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll*, Spell Focus (necromancy)
* Bonus Feats
Skills Concentration +18, Craft (alchemy) +18, Craft (poisonmaking) +17, Decipher Script +16, Knowledge (arcane) +18, Knowledge (Damara local) +13, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +15, Knowledge (nature) +15, Knowledge (religion) +16, Knowledge (the planes) +13, Profession (potion-master) +8, Spellcraft +25
Possessions combat gear plus +1 keen longsword, +2 mithral twilight chain shirt, helm of Intellect +4, ring of protection +2, surcoat of resistance +2, gloves of Dexterity +2, spell components for spells and rituals
Spellbook Aesperus has knowledge of all spells from 1st through 8th level that do not include evocation and enchantment. In addition, he has all the prerequisite gems and items to create undead equal to 50 HD of various undead creatures.

Sources Used: PHB, DMG, Libris Mortis: Book of the Dead, Spell Compendium

Edited by - Diffan on 29 Jan 2011 16:59:02
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  17:47:01  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shayla; CR 14
Female Damaran human paladin 12/ justiciar of Tyr 2
LG Medium humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen +2, Spot +2
Aura courage (10 ft. allies +4 against fear), good (moderate)
Languags Common, Damaran
AC 25, touch 12, flat-footed 24
(+10 armor, +1 Dex, +3 shield, +1 deflection)
hp 103 (14 HD)
Immune disease, fear
Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +14
Melee +2 lance +20/+15/+1- (1d8+6/x3) or
Melee mwk longsword +18/+13/+8 (1d8+4/19-20)
Base Atk +13; Grp +17
Atk Options Ride-by-Attack, Spirited Charge, smite anarchy 1/day (+5 attack, +2 damage), smite evil 3/day (+5 attack, +12 damage)
Special Actions lay on hands 60 points/day, special mount 1/day for 24 hours, turn undead 8/day (+7, 2d6+14; 9th)
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds (50 charges; CL 1st)
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 7th):
3rd—find the gap
2nd—holy mount, knight's move
1st—divine sacrifice, rhino's rush(2)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th):
At will—detect chaos, detect evil
3/week—remove disease
Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 20
SQ bureaucratic knowledge
Feats Battle Blessing, Cavalry Charger, Mounted Combat, Ride-by-Attack, Trample, Spirited Charge, Weapon Focus (lance)
Skills Concentration +4, Craft (weaponsmithing) +3, Diplomacy +14, Handle Animal +10, Heal +5, Knowledge (arcana) +2, Knowledge (Damara local) +4, Knowledge (the planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +6, Knowledge (royalty) +1, Profession +3, Ride +11, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +3
Flaw Qualm: code of arms (-4 to melee attacks against unarmed opponents or opponents using ranged weapons.)
Possessions +2 full-plate of Strength (+2), +2 lance, +1 heavy steel shield, +1 breastplate barding, masterwork longsword, military saddle

Heavy Warhorse Special Mount; CR -
N Large magical beast
Init +1; Senses low-light vision, scent; Listen +8, Spot +7
Languages empathic link
AC 29, touch 10, flat-footed 28
(+6 armor, +1 Dex, -1 size, +13 natural)
hp 84 (10 HD)
Resist improved evasion
Fort +15, Ref +8, Will +8
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares) in +1 breastplate barding; base 60 ft.
Melee 2 hooves +12 (1d6+5) and
bite +7 (1d4+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +7; Grp +16
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th):
6/day—command (horses only; Will DC 21 negates)
Abilities Str 21, Dex 13, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 6
Feats Endurance, Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Attack, Run
Skills Jump +13, Listen +8, Spot +7
Possessions +1 breastplate barding, military saddle

Edited by - Diffan on 04 Aug 2016 15:04:57
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  18:27:27  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Melannin; CR 7
Female half-moon elf sorcerer 6/ wild soul 1
N Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Common, Elven, Sylvan
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
(+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 deflection)
hp 37 (7 HD)
Immune sleep
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +10 (+15 against enchantments)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 longspear +3 (1d8/x3)
Reach 10 ft. with longspear
Base Atk +3; Grp +2
Special Action spontaneously cast remove fear, Tasha's hideous laughter, invisibility sphere
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 6th):
3rd (4/day)—lightning bolt (DC 18)
2nd (6/day)—glitterdust (DC 17), levitate
1st (8/day)—magic missile, obscuring mist, shield, true strike
0 (6/day)—acid splash (+5 ranged touch), daze (DC 15), detect magic, ghost sound (DC 15), mage hand, message, read magic
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th):
1/day—charm monster (DC 18), deep slumber (DC 18), disguise self
Abilities Str 9, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 20
SQ seelie path, summon familiar
Feats Combat Casting, Fey Heritage, Fey Presence
Skills Bluff +6 (+8 for fey and magical beasts), Concentration +8 (+12 casting defensively), Craft (alchemy) +3, Diplomacy +5 (+7 for fey and magical beasts), Gather Information +4, Intimidate +5 (+7 against fey and magical beasts), Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (the planes) +1, Profession (apothacary) +2, Search +2, Spellcraft +9
Possessions Bracers of armor +3, cloak of Charisma +2, vest of resistance +1, +1 longspear, ring of protection +1
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  13:33:32  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hu'Jaran; CR 40
LE Male Efreeti sorcerer 20/ epic 3/ fate spinner 4/ archmage 5
Large outsider (extraplanar, fire)
Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +15, Spot +15
Languages Auran, Common, Ignan, Infernal
AC 32, touch 18, flat-footed 28
(+8 armor, +4 Dex, +5 deflection, +5 natural)
hp 306 (42 HD)
Immune fire
Fort +26, Ref +25, Will +35
Weakness vulnerability to cold
Speed 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (perfect)
Melee +4 keen enervating falchion of wounding +39/+34/+29/+24 (2d4+17 plus 1 con/15-20x2 plus 1 negative level) or
Melee 2 slams +35/+30/+25/+20 (1d8+9 plus 1d6 fire)
Base Atk +26; Grp +39
Special Actions change size, deny fate, fickle finger of fate, resist fate, spin fate 4/day
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 33rd)
9th (6/day)—meteor swarm (DC 27), time stop, wish
8th (5/day)—polymorph any object (DC 25), symbol of insanity (DC 25), prismatic wall
7th (6/day)—banishment, synostodweomer, symbol of weakness (DC 24)
6th (6/day)—brilliant blade, disintegrate (DC 23), dispel magic [greater]
5th (6/day)—cloudkill (DC 23), permanency, spell matrix [lesser], teleport
4th (7/day)—blast of flame (DC 22), dimension door, evard’s black tentacles, spell enhancer
3rd (8/day)—clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, fireball (DC 21), haste
2nd (8/day)—baleful transposition (DC 20), blindness/deafness (DC 19), burning sword, mirror image, web (DC 20)
1st (8/day)—grease (DC 19), magic missile, nerveskitter, ray of enfeeblement, true strike
0 (6/day)—acid splash, arcane mark, dancing lights, ghost sound, message, no light, prestidigation, read magic, silent portal
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 44th):
At will—detect magic, produce flame, pyrotechnics (DC 20), scorching ray (1 ray only)
3/day—invisibility, wall of fire (DC 22)
2/day—synostodweomer (CL 33rd)
1/day—grant up to 3 wishes (to non-genies only), gaseous form, permanent image (DC 23), polymorph (self only)
Abilities Str 29, Dex 18, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 24
SQ arcane reach, heat, mastery of elements, mastery of shaping, plane shift, spell power, telepathy 100 ft.
Feats Awesome Blow, Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Maximize Spell, Power Attack, Quicken Spell, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (invisibility), Quicken Spell-Like Ability (scorching ray), Rapid Meta-magic, Shock Trooper, Skill Focus (spellcraft), Spell Focus (evocation), Spell Focus (conjuration)
Skills Bluff +20, Concentration +48 (casting defensively) +52, Craft (alchemy) +28, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9 (+11 acting), Intimidate +18, Knowledge (arcana) +16, Listen +15, Move Silently +17, Profession (gambler) +7, Sense Motive +15, Spellcraft +46, Spot +15, Sleight of Hand +4
Possessions Last Wish (+4 keen enervating falchion of wounding), amulet of health +6, belt of giant strength +4, bracers of armor +8, cloak of charisma +6, Efreeti bottle, flying carpet 10ft./10ft., ring of protection +5, ring of spell turning, slippers of speed, turban of teleportation, vest of resistance +5
Arcane Reach (Su): You can use spells with a range of touch on a target up to 30 ft. away.
Change Shape (Sp): Twice per day, the Efreeti can magically change a creature’s size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell, except that the ability can work on the Efreeti. A DC 14 Fort save negates the effect.
Deny Fate (Ex): Once per day, on the first occasion the Efreeti needs to make a check to become stable from dying, the check automatically succeeds.
Fickle Finger of Fate (Ex): Once per day, the Efreeti can force any other creature-friend or enemy- to reroll a roll that was just made. The Efreeti must have line of sight.
Heat (Ex): The Efreeti’s body deals 1d6 points of extra fire damage whenever it hits in melee or each round it maintains a hold when grappling.
Mastery of Elements: The Efreeti can alter an arcane spell when cast so that it utilizes a different element from the one it normally uses.
Mastery of Shaping: The Efreeti can alter area and effect spells that use one of the following shapes: bursts, cones, cylinders, emanations, or spread. This consists of creating at least a 5 ft. cube within the spell’s area or effect. Also, any shapeable spells have a minimum dimension of 5 ft. instead of 10 ft.
Plane Shift (Sp): The Efreeti can enter any of the Elemental Planes, the Astral Plane, or Material Plane. This ability transports the Genie and up to eight other creatures, provided they all link hands.
Resist Fate (Ex): Once per day, the Efreeti can reroll a roll it just made. It must abide by the second roll, even if it’s worse than the original.
Spin Fate (Ex): As a free action, the Efreeti can use stored spin points to boost the save DC of a spell it casts, adding some or all of it’s 4 points of spin to the DC, on a point-by-point basis.
Spell Power: The Efreeti’s effective caster level is increased by 1 (for purposes of determining level-dependent spell variables such as damage die or range, and caster level checks only.)

Sources Used: Player's Handbook 3.5, Monster Manual 3.5, Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5, Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, Spel Compendium, and Shining South.

Edited by - Diffan on 30 Jan 2011 13:53:23
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  14:07:43  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another character I created, though it uses the old-school style stat blocks of 3.0

Valdrake ‘The Black’ Alandrith: Male Damaran fighter 10/ tempest 5/ aristocrat 1; CR 15; Medium humanoid (human); HD 15d10+30 plus 1d8+2; hp 136; Init +4; Spd 40 ft.; AC 32, touch 21, flat-footed 24; Base Atk +16; Grp +23; Atk +26 melee (1d8+9, plus 1d6 fire, plus 1 Con/17-20, +2 flaming sweeping longsword of wounding) or +26 melee (1d6+5, plus 1 Con/19-20, +2 cold iron deflecting hand-axe of wounding) or +24 melee (1d8+7/x3, mwk lance); Full Atk +26/+21/+16/+11 melee (1d8+9, plus 1d6 fire, plus 1 Con/17-20, +2 flaming sweeping longsword of wounding) and +26/+21 melee (1d6+5, plus 1 Con/19-20, +2 cold iron deflecting hand-axe of wounding) or +24/+19/+14/+9 melee (1d10+7/x3, mwk lance); SA ambidexterity, two-weapon versatility; SQ DR 5/bludgeoning, immunity to fear, tempest defense +3; AL LN; SV Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +9; Str 24, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8.
Skills and Feats: Balance +14 (+12 in armor), Climb +12 (+10 in armor), Handle Animal +5, Intimidate +3, Jump +12(+10 in armor), Listen +5, Profession (teamster) +4, Ride +29, Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +5, Swim +12 (+8 in armor), Tumble +14 (+12 in armor); Bounding Assault, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Fearless, High Sword-Low Axe, Improved Critical (longsword), Improved Trip, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Mounted Combat, Ride by Attack, Spring Attack, Two- Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (longsword).
Languages: Common, Damaran, Elven.
Ambidexterity (Ex): Valdrake’s attack penalties for fighting with two weapons is lessened to +0 (if his off hand weapon is a light weapon).
Tempest Defense (Ex): Valdrake gains a +3 bonus to armor class when wielding a double weapon or two weapons. He loses this ability when fighting in medium or heavy armor.
Two-Weapon Versatility (Ex): When Valdrake fights with two weapons, his Improved Critical (longsword) and Weapon Focus (longsword) feats apply to his second weapon as well as to his longsword.
Two-Weapon Spring Attack (Ex): When Valdrake makes a spring attack, he can attack once each with two different weapons as an attack action. He loses this ability when fighting in medium or heavy armor.
Possessions: Hell-forge (+2 flaming sweeping longsword of wounding), Thresher (+2 cold iron deflecting hand-axe of wounding), +5 elven chain of axe/spear blocking, ring of protection +3, amulet of natural armor +2, vest of resistance +4, belt of giant Strength +4, gloves of Dexterity +2, ring of improved invisibility, storm-rider boots.

Arngrim, Cormyrean destrier (heavy warhorse): Large animal; CR 4; HD 6d8+18; hp 48; Init +1; Spd 50 ft.; AC 20, touch 10, flat-footed 19; Base Atk +4; Grp +13; Atk +8 melee (1d6+5, hoof); Full Atk +8/+8 melee (1d6+5, 2 hooves) and +3 melee (1d4+2, bite); SA -; SQ Low-light vision, scent; AL N; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3; Str 20, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6.
Skills and Feats: Listen +7, Spot +6; Diehard, Endurance, Run.
Possessions: +1 mithral chainmail barding, battle bridal.

Sources used: PHB 3.5, DMG 3.5, Player's Guide to Faerun, Complete Adventurer, Complete Warrior, Magic Item Compendium and PHB II

Edited by - Diffan on 30 Jan 2011 14:11:24
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  14:29:05  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And another, though this one was very basic in design.

Gisela; CR 14
Female Half-sun elf fighter 2/ sorcerer 12
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Listen +2, Spot +2
Languages Common, Elven, Sylvan
============================================================================
AC 22, touch 16, flat-footed 18; Dodge
(+6 armor, +4 Dex, +2 deflection)
hp 79 (14 HD)
Immune sleep
Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +11 (+16 against enchantments)
============================================================================
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee sun blade +14/+9 (1d8+4/19-20) or
Melee sun blade +16/+11 (1d8+6/19-20/x2 [x3 against negative planar creatures and undead]) against evil creatures
Ranged +12 touch (by spell)
Base Atk +8; Grp +10
Atk Options Power Attack
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th):
1/day—confusion (DC 20), dimension door, summon nature's ally V
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 12th):
6th (4/day)—chain lightning (DC 22)
5th (6/day)—arcane fusion, cloudkill (DC 21)
4th (7/day)—greater invisibility, orb of force (ranged touch), polymorph, scrying
3rd (7/day)—dispel magic, fireball (DC 19), fly, mass curse of impending blades
2nd (8/day)—glitterdust (DC 18), knock, mirror image, scorching ray (ranged touch), wraithstrike
1st (8/day)—charm person (DC 17), disguise self, Knauper's skittish nerves, magic missile, shield
0 (8/day)—acid splash (ranged touch), detect magic, light, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, read magic, resistance
Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 23
SQ familiar, share spells
Feats Alertness (if familiar within 5 ft.), Dodge, Empower Spell, Fey Heritage, Fey Legacy, Improved Familiar, Power Attack, Weapon Finesse
Skills Bluff +11, Climb +4, Concentration +11, Craft (alchemy) +6, Craft (armorsmithing) +3, Craft (weaponsmithing) +3, Diplomacy +10, Gather Information +3, Handle Animal +9, Intimidate +9, Jump +4, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Profession +2, Ride +6, Search +2, Spellcraft +13, Swim +3
Possessions sun blade (longsword form), +2 twilight mithral chain-shirt, cloak of Charisma +2, ring of protection +2, ring of feather falling, boots of levitation, bracers of arcane freedom, belt of battle, gloves of Dexterity +2, vest of resistance +2

Nethic, Pseudodragon Familiar; CR --
CG Tiny dragon (augmented dragon)
Init +2; Senses blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Listen +9, Spot +9
Languages empathic link, speak with dragons, speak with master, telepathy 60 ft.
AC 24, touch 14, flat-footed 22
(+2 size, +2 Dex, +10 natural)
hp 39 (12 HD)
Immune paralysis, sleep
Resist improved evasion
Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +9
SR 19
Speed 15 ft. (3 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)
Melee sting +12 (1d3-2 plus poison) and
Bite +7 (1)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft. (5 ft. with tail)
Base Atk +8; Grp -2
Atk Options deliver touch spells, poison (Fort DC 14, sleep 1 min/sleep 1d3 hours)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 10
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Diplomacy +4, Hide +20 (+28 in forests or overgrown areas), Listen +9, Search +8, Sense Motive +9, Spot +9, Survival +3 (+5 following tracks)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000