Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How old are you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  08:14:23  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 25 on November 21st. I don't feel like I am in my mid-twenties, what happened! Maybe i've spent too much time reading Forgotten Realms products ;)

@Sylrae - adulthood starts at 18 in the eyes of most people, doesn't it? You are, and I soon will be, a quarter of a century old. People used to die at age 30! Turning 25 makes me feel old. But I am also in University (I started when I was 21) and so older than most of the people around me :S
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  08:25:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

...adulthood starts at 18 in the eyes of most people, doesn't it?
Physically, yes. But mentally? A big question. Most people here believe that we usually start to think and act like an adult when we reach 21-24.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  20:44:47  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In psychology I think it is termed "extended adolescence" and is a very recent modern phenomenon. The result of needing more and more years of schooling to be able to become independent of our parents :( (This is me repeating what a professor of developmental psychology said in a lecture)
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  07:20:35  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because of my working in a factory, I feel much older than my current age of 24. Most days I feel (physically) as if I'm over a century old, but my mind (and attitude) would have you believe otherwise ;)

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  00:42:10  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stopped aging at 24 although my stupid mirror keeps telling me lies

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  01:05:50  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, mine does the same thing. And I'll soon be 36 (next month). Sadly, I found my first gray hairs at 30- right after finding out I was pregnant. Go figure... The good news is that if they keep coming in the way they are now, I'll end up looking like Rogue from X-Men! That's not TOO bad, I guess, lol!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  15:06:46  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
39. And a half. But everyone says I look younger, I probably have some elven blood in my veins.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  16:05:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

39. And a half. But everyone says I look younger, I probably have some elven blood in my veins.

Ditto that... I'm just a few months from 39 myself, but I still routinely get carded if I buy alcohol.

I have noted, however, that I rarely get carded if I have my toddler with me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  01:20:34  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll turn 29 on my next birthday, but since last year I've taken to rounding it out. Ill start aging again once I hit 31, but I've been saying I'm 30 this year and will continue to do so until 2015. I'm so done with my 20s.

Edited by - Yoss on 09 Nov 2012 01:21:23
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  01:53:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Ditto that... I'm just a few months from 39 myself, but I still routinely get carded if I buy alcohol.

I have noted, however, that I rarely get carded if I have my toddler with me.

Doesn't seem to make much difference for me here. I've been carded twice this year, even when Narnra has been standing right beside me holding my hand.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  05:00:43  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yoss

I'll turn 29 on my next birthday, but since last year I've taken to rounding it out. Ill start aging again once I hit 31, but I've been saying I'm 30 this year and will continue to do so until 2015. I'm so done with my 20s.

You think so now, but you'll miss them soon enough. Trust me, I REALLY wish I could have mine back!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  17:16:11  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

- Mystra (Ed Greenwood, Silverfall)
Go to Top of Page

Kyrel
Learned Scribe

151 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  21:42:33  Show Profile  Visit Kyrel's Homepage Send Kyrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
34 on my end.

TBH I can't really say that I'm particular surprised with the result of the results here. RPG tabletop games are the games of an aging generation. The teens of today have grown up with mmorpg's and computer games, and dice, pens, paper, and physical rulebooks are old fashioned and something from a past era.

The core audience for RPG games are guys who are 25+, and this is the generation that is likely to stay the core audience.

Wizards tried to capture the mmorpg computer generation with 4th ed., and I'm pretty sure that the exercise failed, why we are already seeing 5th ed. in the works. IMO Wizard's next potential core audience, are the kids of the 30-40 year old players of today. Assuming that we introduce our kids to the RPG games that have brought us so much entertainment over the years. In all likelyhood, they are stuck with us as the core audience for another 5-15 years, I'm guessing.

Edited by - Kyrel on 21 Dec 2012 22:05:31
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2013 :  07:46:40  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
23, turning 24 this Friday.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2013 :  09:43:10  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 34 years old.

Yan
Playtester
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2013 :  17:38:02  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 26, look twice that (due to my beard and the fact I'm already going bald ("Darn you to heck, genetics!")), and wishing I was thirteen again (I was home-schooled, and missed out on all the fun* most teens have).

As for current characters, Malchios Shadroch (my aasimar cleric in my group's Pathfinder campaign) is 55 (technically he won't be an adult until he turns 60), and Drustan (who's only 'current' because of some short stories I've been writing) is 148-9 (he was born 11 Uktar, 1336 D.R., and, from what I understand, the current novels are set in 1485 D.R.).

*Of course, everyone has (and is entitled to) there own opinion of what is and is not 'fun' (though most of you probably know what I'm talking about).
Go to Top of Page

Dragon Slayer
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  00:09:19  Show Profile Send Dragon Slayer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
28 !

Drustan Dwnhaedan, you're not alone!
I recently decided to shave my head since covering the balding process was starting to get on my nerves.
Damn genetics!
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2020 :  21:59:12  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
25 here, been a fan for... probably 15 years?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2020 :  05:12:35  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

This post aged well...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Nilus Reynard
Learned Scribe

Canada
137 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2020 :  09:06:52  Show Profile Send Nilus Reynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just turned 42.

Nilus Reynard
Doom Master of Beshaba, Hand of Despair.
P24 Hm CN
(2nd Edition AD&D)
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2020 :  13:20:41  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
48 1/2. Started playing D&D at age 7 as the cleric in my brothers 1E group. And just redid the office to unpack nearly all of my FR and D&D gamebooks from the last 40+ years (not the novels and magazines, just don't have that kind of space).
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2020 :  14:37:35  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
48 here. Been playing since ~ 1980.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2020 :  21:24:14  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
55 at the end of the month. I started playing in '78. Played all through jr high, high school, and college and a bit afterwards (I moved around a lot because of job opportunities so it was real hit or miss depending on where I was and for how long). During that time, played Chainmail, Basic D&D, 1E and 2E, Runequest, Top Secret(1E), Ringworld, Star Trek:TRPG (1E), Star Wars (1E), Twilight 2000, Champions, Marvel Superheroes (1E), and Traveler.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 05 Jan 2020 21:26:06
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2020 :  12:48:26  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet baby Laeral! This poll is almost 10 years old, which means the numbers are way skewed. I answered it when I turned 37 and this year I'll be 47!!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2020 :  14:14:10  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Sweet baby Laeral! This poll is almost 10 years old, which means the numbers are way skewed. I answered it when I turned 37 and this year I'll be 47!!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

*sigh* Kids these days....

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2020 :  03:40:51  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Slightly depressing.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2020 :  04:39:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I have since changed my age, on my profile, to Ish.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Stonwulfe
Seeker

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2020 :  19:54:52  Show Profile  Visit Stonwulfe's Homepage Send Stonwulfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turn 40 this summer.
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2020 :  02:42:09  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be 47 in a little over a month.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2020 :  19:08:43  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never found this poll till now so logged in at 52 and still flummoxed by how young all ye snappers-of-whips be.... ;)

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000