Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How old are you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  11:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Belated happy birthday, Markustay.

36 going on 16 for the most part here.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate
Go to Top of Page

AryalůmŽ
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  19:26:11  Show Profile Send AryalůmŽ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
J'ai dix-sept (17) ans. :)
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  06:19:35  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 23 in August :) I'm currently in college, and would have probably gradutated by now if I hadn't taken a couple terms off my junior year (finding out you have fibromyalgia sucks).

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  08:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm younger than the Forgotten Realms setting, and that's the only clue I'm giving.

I tend to play characters within the 26-33 range preferably, or their racial equivalent. Though I've played characters as young as 15, as well as some old relics. I've got a severe case of alt-itis.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  20:43:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Today's my birthday! Just turned 26.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 21 Oct 2012 20:56:29
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  23:27:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy B-Day Dennis.

I have 24 yr old son - you make me feel old.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
811 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  23:39:21  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am 32 years old
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  23:41:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Markus.

[You're not old. As the saying goes, 'life' begins at 40.]

Go to Top of Page

hedgeknight
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  16:34:30  Show Profile Send hedgeknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll turn 50 near the end of December - there's a few of us old timers still rolling dice!

Winter is coming...
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3119 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  17:09:58  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Happy belated birthday Dennis!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  00:24:42  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Entreri!

Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  01:23:52  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am twenty seven years young.

I am not as seasoned as I'd like, but as well seasoned as I deserve.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  07:52:30  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Happy belated birthday, Dennis!

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  08:09:24  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:

Happy belated birthday, Dennis!

Thanks, Xnella! If not for my 'job,' (or family business) I would have felt still 21. Oh, well, we do what we must.

Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  02:15:07  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 25. So barely in the lower adult category.

Currently between games.

It could be useful for WotC to know the ages of the bulk of their Realms fans.

In my experience, most people under 18 don't buy the setting books.

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)

Edited by - Sylrae on 30 Oct 2012 02:17:28
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  08:14:23  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 25 on November 21st. I don't feel like I am in my mid-twenties, what happened! Maybe i've spent too much time reading Forgotten Realms products ;)

@Sylrae - adulthood starts at 18 in the eyes of most people, doesn't it? You are, and I soon will be, a quarter of a century old. People used to die at age 30! Turning 25 makes me feel old. But I am also in University (I started when I was 21) and so older than most of the people around me :S
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  08:25:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

...adulthood starts at 18 in the eyes of most people, doesn't it?
Physically, yes. But mentally? A big question. Most people here believe that we usually start to think and act like an adult when we reach 21-24.

Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  20:44:47  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In psychology I think it is termed "extended adolescence" and is a very recent modern phenomenon. The result of needing more and more years of schooling to be able to become independent of our parents :( (This is me repeating what a professor of developmental psychology said in a lecture)
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  07:20:35  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because of my working in a factory, I feel much older than my current age of 24. Most days I feel (physically) as if I'm over a century old, but my mind (and attitude) would have you believe otherwise ;)

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1783 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  00:42:10  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stopped aging at 24 although my stupid mirror keeps telling me lies

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  01:05:50  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, mine does the same thing. And I'll soon be 36 (next month). Sadly, I found my first gray hairs at 30- right after finding out I was pregnant. Go figure... The good news is that if they keep coming in the way they are now, I'll end up looking like Rogue from X-Men! That's not TOO bad, I guess, lol!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1585 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  15:06:46  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
39. And a half. But everyone says I look younger, I probably have some elven blood in my veins.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
34941 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  16:05:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

39. And a half. But everyone says I look younger, I probably have some elven blood in my veins.

Ditto that... I'm just a few months from 39 myself, but I still routinely get carded if I buy alcohol.

I have noted, however, that I rarely get carded if I have my toddler with me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  01:20:34  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll turn 29 on my next birthday, but since last year I've taken to rounding it out. Ill start aging again once I hit 31, but I've been saying I'm 30 this year and will continue to do so until 2015. I'm so done with my 20s.

Edited by - Yoss on 09 Nov 2012 01:21:23
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  01:53:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Ditto that... I'm just a few months from 39 myself, but I still routinely get carded if I buy alcohol.

I have noted, however, that I rarely get carded if I have my toddler with me.

Doesn't seem to make much difference for me here. I've been carded twice this year, even when Narnra has been standing right beside me holding my hand.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000