Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How old are you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  17:03:13  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  18:12:01  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
47, +1 in September. *sigh*

"Intimidation is a weapon of the Legion. Intelligence is not." -Illidan Stormrage
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  18:34:17  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 25.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2012 :  07:36:33  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
47, look like I'm pushing 60 (seriously). I have a 20-year-old son who is a better DM than I am.

'Main' character is a couple centuries old. Imagine Captain Kangaroo with a vicious streak a mile long.
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2012 :  08:02:02  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's see...In real life I am 24, turning 25 not too long after the new year rolls around.

As a character...When I play as X'nella or her twin sister Lysaetae, I think they are about 27 now, and just discovering that (as half-elves) they almost look old enough to get into bars in our world. But only if they use Disguise Self!

And then there's my halfling thief Chenna "Dragonstabber/Dragonslayer", who's just hitting her 40's and still flirts with her dragonborn-paladin buddy (he thinks she's just joking, but she actually has a crush on him) who loves to use her as an improvised weapon against the bigger monsters.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  02:57:57  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad there are 2 of you who are older than me, if just barely.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4597 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  06:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 29 in July for the very first time.

I tend to play characters in the 40-60 region, usually slightly long lived races like half-elves, shadar-Kai, falleen (whoop! That's SW), etc. Mature rather than young heroes.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Valor Dracos
Acolyte

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  17:05:48  Show Profile Send Valor Dracos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
37 (my first post!)

Long term strategic plan:

1. Kill the cultists
2. Sell their stuff
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3202 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  17:19:29  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

40 now...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  09:40:53  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im 35

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  02:39:28  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I usually base my characters' age, if anyone actually cares when I'm playing which they don't seem to, on our starting level.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1264 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  03:08:09  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
28. My main PC (whose namesake is my forum name) is in his 120s in 1381 DR.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

My Forging the Realms Archives (Google Drive pdfs)
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  05:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My last character was around 100 (going on 17 by maturity of actions) - a half-faerie dragon.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  05:55:17  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 34.

My most recently played D&D PC is about 15 years old.

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mirrormar
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  07:48:42  Show Profile Send Mirrormar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 39!

No PCs at the moment, mostly DM.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Dark
Seeker

50 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  04:50:20  Show Profile Send Mr Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
37 here.

Canon stops where the table begins.
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  05:13:01  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
31 myself. I usually DM, but my rock gnome sorcerer/swashbuckler Durgall Firrynn is 64 in the Year of Wild Magic.
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  10:14:37  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I usually play drow characters whose age tends to be in the 100s. Mentally, they're probably in the 30 - 40 (I really need to do something with my life) bracket.

Nb: Using the Wooly Rule I'm only 31.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  11:21:13  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

My last character was around 100 (going on 17 by maturity of actions) - a half-faerie dragon.

Half faerie dragon and half human?

In any event, that sound slike a lot of fun.

Oh, and I just thought I'd mention how much I liked your 'Evil Seeps In' (something close to that) story.

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Gustaveren
Learned Scribe

Denmark
197 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  15:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Gustaveren's Homepage Send Gustaveren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am 35
I think my first rolepaying campaign was 22 years ago
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  19:59:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
49 today.

Damn, I'm old.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3478 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  20:04:30  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^Happy Birthday
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  09:59:41  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^Happy belated birthday, Markustay!

And remember, you're only as old as you feel!

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  19:03:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

I do still feel like a kid, even though its takes me MUCH longer to recuperate from 'fun'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3552 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  23:16:25  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

49 today.

Damn, I'm old.

Damn, I didn't think you looked a day over 48 when we met.....I assumed three or four of those years were from lack of sleep

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000