Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 3.5 character generator
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2003 :  05:05:18  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is the 3.5 character generator, the full edition, out yet.

Edited by - Alaundo on 24 Aug 2004 09:44:40

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2003 :  05:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't believe they're doing one. The 3.0 Character Generator was a demo for E-Tools, and both were horrible and bug-ridden. Wizards' software department is already tied up rebuilding Magic Online from the ground up to do anything else.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2003 :  05:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All right is there any 3.5 character generator software out there not made by WOTC.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2003 :  14:29:20  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel like a fool now not ten minutes after that last post i found the E-tools ($30.00) at code monkey through WOTC. and i do believe they have been updated to 3.5.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  15:46:35  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think E-tools was a complete waste of money. When it was originally released, the program was next to useless and took WOTC months upon months before they finally decided to set things straight...as for the 3.5 update, I will have to look into this.
Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2003 :  18:46:40  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For anyone interested I upgraded my chargen to Revision v3.5 and released it for testing. :)

Redblade 3.5e is a free character generator, updated to D&D 3rd edition revised (v3.5). Allows you to add your own classes, races, skills, feats, spells, domains, languages, and items. Characters can be exported to a textfile character record sheet.

I like to hear what you think. Help me find the bugs!

http://www.dark-legacy.com/redblade3e/3.5e/
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  08:26:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right, I'll take a wack at it.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  08:34:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty 'strict' when it comes to interpreting other peoples programs...I'll have a look over it anyway .

What did you use to create it?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  09:11:29  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I saw two things right off. First, in the abilities section, the program automatically put the stat increases from every four levels into Strength. Second, the program doesn't distinguish between different bonus feat lists; wizards are given choices from the fighter list, and vice versa.

That's all I saw right off, but it was only a quick look. Sage'll be able to tell you more, and even how to fix it, I'm sure. He speaks the lingo, anyway.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  09:17:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, I've only just started looking over it now.

Besides the few errors that the Bookwyrm mentioned, I have noticed a few other bugs inherent in the actual setup...(I ran through the source-code...)

I'll send them to you via ethereal mail. If you have problems implementing these necessary changes, let me know, and I'll try and help.

Other than these few errors it's a pretty good effort though, and since there aren't any other packages available (yet)...it's the best we have.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  17:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the fact the help file won't open...(There's an extra slash in the path.)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2003 :  01:16:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't have that problem. What are you talking about?.

Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  20:44:51  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I'm pretty 'strict' when it comes to interpreting other peoples programs...I'll have a look over it anyway .
What did you use to create it?.

The 3.5e version is coded in Delphi 7.0 SP 1. :)
Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  20:51:04  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Well, I saw two things right off. First, in the abilities section, the program automatically put the stat increases from every four levels into Strength. Second, the program doesn't distinguish between different bonus feat lists; wizards are given choices from the fighter list, and vice versa.

Thanks for the bug reports. :) When you've assigned all your dice scores the stat increase selectors appear, but i'll try to make that a bit more obvious.

I'll fix the 'same bonus feat' list problems. :)
Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  20:55:30  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed, I've only just started looking over it now.

Besides the few errors that the Bookwyrm mentioned, I have noticed a few other bugs inherent in the actual setup...(I ran through the source-code...)

Great. :) I'm awaiting your mail. :) I dont care much about 'correct programming' in hobby projects though, as long as it functions. :P

I'll put the 3.5e source available when most bugs are fixed.

quote:
Other than these few errors it's a pretty good effort though, and since there aren't any other packages available (yet)...it's the best we have.

Lol I'll take that as a compliment. :)
Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  20:56:36  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

And the fact the help file won't open...(There's an extra slash in the path.)

it doesn't open from within redblade or when you click on it directly?

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  21:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't open from within Redblade. It does exist in the program's folder.
Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  23:31:58  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Redblade 3.5e 1.3.0.7 is released! :)

http://www.dark-legacy.com/redblade3e/3.5e/

Changes in 1.3.0.7

Fixed a bug which prevented bonus feats to be printed on a character sheet.
Made short-sword a 'light' weapon. (You will have to replace all your characters short swords to make them light weapons too.
Fixed a bug which caused weapon finesse to be always enabled.
Added an indicator for when weapon finesse is used with weapons. (it shows Finesse (Dex) with the item).
Spells on the charactersheet are properly sorted.
Unmet requirements no longer pop up when selecting a feat with met requirements.
Changed bonus ability point assignment a bit so it isn't hidden anymore.
Seperated class bonus feat list (so you dont get class skills confused).
Fixed 'Weapon focus' and 'Improved Critical' so they select from the current class weapon proficiency list. :)
Forced thrown weapons to be single-handed.
Forced short/longbow to be double-handed.
Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  23:34:38  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

It doesn't open from within Redblade. It does exist in the program's folder.

thanks, i'll check it out. :)
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  03:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I'll download the latest edition to see if that fixes it...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  10:12:31  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just donwloaded it. At first glance it seems quite interesting. I think i'll use it
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  12:02:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is much better daan...You even corrected most of the 'bug-code' occurences I recorded in my email that I sent to you this morning.

daan also said -
quote:

Ah yes...one of the best...

Isn't that the one with the built-in 'Multiple Redundancy Suite'?...

Go to Top of Page

daan
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  17:27:43  Show Profile  Visit daan's Homepage Send daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
This is much better daan...You even corrected most of the 'bug-code' occurences I recorded in my email that I sent to you this morning.

I'm not sure i've received any emails from you, could you post the topic here so I can scan my mailbox for it?

quote:
Ah yes...one of the best... Isn't that the one with the built-in 'Multiple Redundancy Suite'?...

There's no multiple redundancy suite in delphi 7. :P I think Borland is slipping in component quality anyway, its just that I coded the original redblade 3e in 5.0 with too little time to rework it from scratch. Since they abandoned Kylix it feels like they plan to abandon Delphi too.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2003 :  08:27:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The email was a fault on my end . I'm creating a new OS from the ground up, and it now appears that not everything is working correctly. I'll just send the message through my ordinary Hotmail account, so you should get it soon daan....

You'll also be interesting to know that I was inspired by your 'little' project and am now attempting to craft an add-on for the program that handles PrC for your PC. It will basically start with the classes presented in the DMG 3.5 to begin with.

daan said -
quote:
Since they abandoned Kylix it feels like they plan to abandon Delphi too.
That's disappointing to hear...we use Delphi at work. I don't want to have to go back to Visual C...

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  06:13:03  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just checked this out. Kind of cool does anyone know of anything different in use right now??

Edited by - scererar on 03 Apr 2006 06:13:20
Go to Top of Page

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  14:58:31  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

For Character generation, have any of you tried (ENWorld Award Winning) PCGEN. It's free and comes loaded with the SRD (both 3.0 and 3.5). When using this program, you also have the option to purchase closed content datasets (from WOTC, etc) thru the same Codemonkey publishing company. I'll include the link below.

http://pcgen.sourceforge.net

Yahoo groups website

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/

Monch
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  16:54:41  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 3.5 spreadsheet found here is the best D&D character generator I have found:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/d20_spreadsheet/files/
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  03:28:17  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
uhh dragon knight, your link takes me to the yahoo sign in, then it states, you are not a part of the D20 spreadsheet. help please
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  05:29:14  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, alas, you must sign in as a yahoo user, which is free, but completely worth your time if you want a quality character sheet! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000