Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Warlock questions 3/3.5
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  07:26:43  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just started playing a Warlock for the first time in my friend's game tonight. I really enjoyed the character. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any D&D 3/3.5 books that have resources for warlocks other than complete arcane or complete mage. Looking for warlock feats, invocations or anything else that might be helpful, thanks.

Also, anyone know if there are any warlock feats that give you a greater number of invocations?

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum

Edited by - woodwwad on 13 Mar 2010 07:27:40

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  12:44:58  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Complete Arcane and Mage are probably the two best soruces for any Warlock build, but there are a few others out there. If you go to www.crystalkeep.com you can probably find a feat or two from Dragon/Dungeon magazines that help out Warlocks.

But as to your build, what are you looking to accomplish? If your going for the blaster-style character, then might I suggest Ability Focus (eldritch blast) for increasing the DCs of your invocations through your EB.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  13:58:32  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Core Splat Dragon Magic has a few goodies in it.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  15:04:04  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Back when 3e was still going, I was minorly obsessed with the warlock, which was doubly strange, since I didn't allow them in my 2e games. I put together the definitive Warlock Information Compilation over on the WotC boards. I stopped updating it as things moved over to 4e, but it should be complete for all of 3.0/3.5.

WotC underwent a board code revision, which messed up a lot of my formatting, and I just haven't had the drive to fix it. So here's a link to the Compilation over on a different 3e CharOp board that is frequented by the cream of the WotC CharOp people. It's been a little while, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have as well.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2915.0

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  18:06:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Heh. Back when 3e was still going, I was minorly obsessed with the warlock, which was doubly strange, since I didn't allow them in my 2e games. I put together the definitive Warlock Information Compilation over on the WotC boards. I stopped updating it as things moved over to 4e, but it should be complete for all of 3.0/3.5.

WotC underwent a board code revision, which messed up a lot of my formatting, and I just haven't had the drive to fix it. So here's a link to the Compilation over on a different 3e CharOp board that is frequented by the cream of the WotC CharOp people. It's been a little while, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have as well.

Wow Hoondatha (or Thinblade), that is a pretty awesome Warlock handbook for 3.5. Consider it booked marked, lol.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  21:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. It's a project that sort of snowballed; originally it was just what the title says, a compilation of all the warlock references I could find build around a guide written by Tealgorthian. I did it because I was tired of having to go to six or seven different threads that I'd found for all the information.

Then I became more comfortable with the class, and I was the only one out there doing updates, so I started adding my own stuff in addition to getting a lot of help from others. The end result is pretty comprehensive, if you'll forgive the author saying so. Plus snarky in some places, which is fun in its own right.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.

Edited by - Hoondatha on 13 Mar 2010 21:04:08
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  21:33:49  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
there is also a pathfinder conversion for it if your it, if your interested
link later

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2010 :  10:31:14  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My brother played a Warlock in 3.5E as I was running the 3.5 Undermountain adventure. A pretty useful class to play in that adventure (as long as the rest of the party is balanced).

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2010 :  13:05:33  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

there is also a pathfinder conversion for it if your it, if your interested
link later

I'd be most interested in the Pathfinder conversion. We're actually doing a Pathfinder campaign right now and my DM is undecided on whether or not to allow the Tome of Battle. Apparently Shadow Jaunting around the battle field is bad, lol?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2010 :  14:57:56  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got any links to the Swashbuckler conversion for Pathfinder sfdragon?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000