Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Possible Prestige Classes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2008 :  06:56:15  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else had created a Prestige Class for use with 3.5 Edition D&D?

I have one I'm including with the Ixinos write-up; but I'm going to go ahead and share it ahead of time here for folks to talk about.

Here is the Myrmidon:

A Myrmidon is an utterly loyal warrior who is both a strong enforcer of the will of the state and a dreaded enemy upon the battlefield. Myrmidon warriors are usually found within the regimented ranks of a nation’s elite battle-field heavy infantry; capable of defeating numerous enemies before their own fall. The true power of a Myrmidon comes from their fierce determination and unrelenting drive in battle; a true Myrmidon hero can batter, intimidate, and outright crush both the bodies and willpower of the enemy.
Generally, Myrmidons serve directly in the military of a particular organization; most often a national military, but even such organizations as the Churches of various militarily inclined powers have Myrmidons within their ranks. Many dwarven churches have powerful Myrmidon Paladins within their ranks; as these hardy warriors are rarely inclined to be mounted upon a beast of war and prefer to fight alongside their kinsmen within the halls of their clan-holds against invaders or as the vanguard of invasion.
Hit Die: d10

Requirements

To qualify to become a Myrmidon (Myr), a character must meet the following requirements to begin this prestige class.
Alignment: any non-chaotic
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks
Feats: Endurance, Heavy Armor, Iron Will, and Shield Proficiency
Special: Must be a soldier for a military organization

Class__Base____Fort____Ref._____Will
Level__Att.____Save____Save____Save______Special

1st_____+1______+2______+0______+2______Shield Wall, Armored Skin
2nd_____+2______+3______+0______+3______Crushing Drive
3rd_____+3______+3______+1______+3______Battle Chant
4th_____+4______+4______+1______+4______Fearless Warrior
5th_____+5______+4______+1______+4______Fearful Attack

Class Skills

The Myrmidon’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points at each level: 2 + Int modifier

Class Features

All the following are class features of the Myrmidon prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Myrmidon is proficient in all simple weapons, martial weapons, all armors and all shields.
Armored Skin: The Myrmidon, so used to constant wearing of armor, suffers no movement penalty related to simply wearing armor.
Shield Wall: A Myrmidon may, as a Free Action once per round, use Aid Another to give an increase in Armor Class.
Crushing Drive: If a Myrmidon is armored in heavy armor and carrying a heavy shield, the character may use Improved Bull Rush or Improved Overrun as long as they continue to be so armored.
Battle Chant: This ability has the same effect as the bard ability Inspire Courage. The Myrmidon begins to recite the heroic deeds of the past to bolster his comrade’s morale and to bolster them against fear. To be affected, the ally must hear the Myrmidon’s recitation for a full round. The effect lasts for as long as the Myrmidon continues the chant and for 5 rounds after the Myrmidon stops their chant (or 5 rounds after the ally can no longer hear the knight). While chanting, the Myrmidon can fight but cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands). Affected allies receive a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
Fearless Warrior: the Myrmidon has become so used to battle and strife, that he is no longer affected by Fear causing effects.
Fearful Attack: If the Myrmidon executes a full attack action upon an enemy and deals damage, he may use a Free Action to Intimidate if the damage dealt in HP exceeds the targets level.

NOTE: couldn't figure out the formatting here (I'm not great at that sort of thing) so the chart didn't transfer over for the levels...looks kinda silly!

Also, any feedback from those better at mechanics would be appreciated.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2008 :  07:05:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tables are always a pain to do on forums.

Anyway, what you have looks good, but might I suggest you check out Sean K. Reynolds FREE Dowload of The New Argonaughts?

I've never really had a chance to do more thn flip through it, but its Greek, and it's FREE, and you may find something useful.

P.S. - I don't recall if there are any PRCs in there, but I do remember both a Hoplight and a Myrimidon Kit back in 2e.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Nov 2008 07:06:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000