Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 New Realms Material
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kaewin
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  15:55:35  Show Profile Send Kaewin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I heard a rumor that what we have of the realms is all we get. Has anyone else heard anything aboutr this?

Magic is not for Parlor Tricks. ~Sparrow Moros, Second Degree Master

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  17:09:38  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is no plan yet for other game book except the FRCG, the FRPG, and the adventure, but there is and there will be more material on DDI.

Maybe they'll change their mind later, no one can say for sure.

BTW, it will be the same deal with Eberron and the next setting (which is guessed to be Dark Sun).

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Oct 2008 17:10:03
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:40:41  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaewin

I heard a rumor that what we have of the realms is all we get. Has anyone else heard anything aboutr this?

-Yes, the two sourcebooks and one adventure is it. Rich Baker has confirmed numerous times that the Forgotten Realms are only going to see the FRCG and the FRPG. This is the business model that WotC is currently using- a campaign overview book, a player's book, an adventure, and that's all. Any additional material will be found in the online DRAGON magazine, or DDI articles.

-Is this going to change? Sure, in theory. Birds could also begin swimming, and fish flying en mass. Until there's any hints that this is going to change, it's not. And, as of yet, there have been no hints.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 02 Oct 2008 16:41:00
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  19:23:22  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It only takes one lemming to make the laughing stop and the awe begin.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  19:53:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  21:43:28  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

The whole 'lemmings running off a cliff' theory that one day lemmings will fly. Right now, they stampede, following a single lemming, who more often than not gets scared by the couple hundred lemmings running behind him and runs right out over a cliff. The other lemmings, following that first one, and not knowing better, follow him right over the cliff. Some biologists believe there may be a genetic imperative in the works that will result in that first lemming to fly.

At which the laughing at the foolish lemmings will stop and turn to awe to see that one lemming flying.

Anyway, it's basically the idea that, although very unlikely to happen, some of us will keep our hope to see the lemmings fly.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  23:13:12  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion
Birds could also begin swimming

Penguins.

I agree with your main point, though. We can only go by what the designers say they have planned.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 Oct 2008 23:14:39
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  01:17:20  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Penguins.

-Fah. Outsmarted. You win.

-For that, you get a kiss.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  21:17:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Penguins.

-Fah. Outsmarted. You win.

-For that, you get a kiss.

Thanks!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  22:09:18  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Hey, I didn't know that was a smiley! I would have used it:

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  03:52:08  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaewin

and this is the biggest reason to me that the Realms will eventually go bye-bye. Nothing new to come out and discuss. An occassional article from DDi (which dare I say most don't get) will hardly be enough to maintain interest over the long haul

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  04:05:15  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My opinion is that the only thing we can do is create our own lore.

Essentially, create threads here for a "fan-based canon realms" where we simply submit new lore on our own...so long as it doesn't contradict existing lore.

Then of course it could get messy; but even a field surgeon prefers to operate on a dying man laying in a dirty street than to let him die...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  04:28:14  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

and this is the biggest reason to me that the Realms will eventually go bye-bye. Nothing new to come out and discuss. An occassional article from DDi (which dare I say most don't get) will hardly be enough to maintain interest over the long haul

-Agreed, which is unfortunate. With periodic sourcebooks, as was the case in the past, there was always a buzz leading up to the release, and then a burst of activity after the product was released. You can look at the numbers that were run when the FRCG and FRPG were released. Mind you, those were extreme cases, being that the entire setting was being changed, but new sourcebooks always produced a flurry of activity, with people asking questions, people reacting, and people using new information to discuss other Realmslore issues. Novels and magazine articles do the same, but to a much lesser degree. Novels and magazine articles, I find, tend to yield a few new threads that die down after a few days of discussion.

-Now, you are going to have a base that includes the "diehards", with sprinkles of "newcomers" periodically appearing asking questions and such, with periodic "spikes" of activity stemming from novels or magazine articles. It's already happening.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  04:32:51  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Then of course it could get messy; but even a field surgeon prefers to operate on a dying man laying in a dirty street than to let him die...

-It's not particularly hard. Or, rather, I don't find it as difficult as you are making it out to be. I just go to a source that I find credible on the issue, find out what it is I need to find out, and then write whatever it is I am working on. The major point is determining what I find credible or not. Joe Blow writes a fanfic about how Manshoon captures Fzoul, and slowly tortures him, gaining amusement and gratifying his sexual pleasures as he does so. I don't find Joe Blow or his fanfic a credible source, and as such, I ignore it. If, say, someone else is shaping the prehistory of Kara-Tur, I find out what they are intending before I, say, write that article about the leShay...

-So, really, all there is to it is accepting something as canon for you, and then making sure to keep whatever that is in mind. That also helps build bridges.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  04:56:05  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now, you are going to have a base that includes the "diehards", with sprinkles of "newcomers" periodically appearing asking questions and such, with periodic "spikes" of activity stemming from novels or magazine articles. It's already happening.

unfortunately, I don't think there will be that many at all really. Once WoTC focuses on Eberron and then in 2010 Dark Sun or Krynn or what have you, there will be less and less "new" people coming in

I hate to say this, but I think they have finally mortally wounded the Realms. Its over I think. But maybe we are better off. Do we prefer nothing to whats coming out in this edition?

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Edited by - MerrikCale on 14 Nov 2008 04:56:42
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  04:58:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-It's not particularly hard. Or, rather, I don't find it as difficult as you are making it out to be. I just go to a source that I find credible on the issue, find out what it is I need to find out, and then write whatever it is I am working on. The major point is determining what I find credible or not. Joe Blow writes a fanfic about how Manshoon captures Fzoul, and slowly tortures him, gaining amusement and gratifying his sexual pleasures as he does so. I don't find Joe Blow or his fanfic a credible source, and as such, I ignore it. If, say, someone else is shaping the prehistory of Kara-Tur, I find out what they are intending before I, say, write that article about the leShay...

-So, really, all there is to it is accepting something as canon for you, and then making sure to keep whatever that is in mind. That also helps build bridges.

Well, it would be that simple if only one person were allowed to write about a particular thing...but what happens when two people write equally good things. How then do you pick which is the "Fan Canon" and which is to be excluded.

If you say use which you prefer...then you are taken down the road of each new author trying to build on material of a previous author and so on...until at last you end up with countless "alternate Universes" which would completely confuse anyone new to the setting...

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  05:06:38  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

unfortunately, I don't think there will be that many at all really. Once WoTC focuses on Eberron and then in 2010 Dark Sun or Krynn or what have you, there will be less and less "new" people coming in

I hate to say this, but I think they have finally mortally wounded the Realms. Its over I think. But maybe we are better off. Do we prefer nothing to whats coming out in this edition?

-Like I said, there is always going to be a base. Dribble on top whatever stragglers come down the path, and that's all that there's going to be. Myself, I think the worst aspect is not the spikes of activity, or a lack of newcomers, so to speak. I think it's the relative lack of information that will be out there to discuss, by the base. Keep in mind, presuming that never again, there will be information that is relevant and accessible (of course, it will never be so clear cut, but), you can only have the same discussions so many times. The well begins drying up after a while. Myself, for example, I get aggravated (not the best word, but) having to repeat over and over that (officially) the Dark Elves would get 'Elf' stats in the 4e rules, or "Wild Elf" stats in 3e D&D. The discussion on that happened (not much of discussion), and the answer was reached. That "page" has officially been turned.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  05:09:51  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, it would be that simple if only one person were allowed to write about a particular thing...but what happens when two people write equally good things. How then do you pick which is the "Fan Canon" and which is to be excluded.

If you say use which you prefer...then you are taken down the road of each new author trying to build on material of a previous author and so on...until at last you end up with countless "alternate Universes" which would completely confuse anyone new to the setting...

-You can't have two complete different events taking place explaining the same thing. If Joe writes that the Yuirwood burned down in a forest fire caused by an arsonists, and Larry writes that the Yuirwood burned down in a forest fire caused by careless campers, they both can't be right, in relation to whatever it is that you are writing. You have to take both into account, and you need to decide which of the two you are going to be supporting. In whatever it is that you are writing, the Yuirwood either burned down because of an arsonist or because of careless campers.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  05:35:10  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
-You can't have two complete different events taking place explaining the same thing. If Joe writes that the Yuirwood burned down in a forest fire caused by an arsonists, and Larry writes that the Yuirwood burned down in a forest fire caused by careless campers, they both can't be right, in relation to whatever it is that you are writing. You have to take both into account, and you need to decide which of the two you are going to be supporting. In whatever it is that you are writing, the Yuirwood either burned down because of an arsonist or because of careless campers.

Perhaps I didn't explain well enough...

What if the second writer, writing at perhaps roughly the same time, submits that the Yuirwood instead becomes home of a powerful nation of Star-Elves in alliance with Aglorand...

Who is to decide which is "Fan Canon" and which is to be disregarded. That is a slippery slope...as it can, and most likely would, result in the dejected "loser" leaving off from submitting future work in fear of either humiliation or frustration.

I'm not saying there is no solution...only that it could be messy...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  05:35:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, if I recall the details from this year's Gen Con correctly, there will be a DRAGONLANCE 4e campaign setting, but the details about who is involved and which company will be publishing it, are still unknown.

Of course, given the current state of the DL license with WotC, it seems apparent that a future Dragonlance Campaign Guide will be published as part of Wizards "one setting a year" policy for 4e D&D.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  06:07:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for the subject of Homebrew lore, I have addressed that below, and as for canon lor - most of the time we can find some sort of (occasionally bizarre) explanation of why lore conflicts, and we can slap a 'patch' on it with our fan-musings. Once in a great while there is no reconiling lore (I found a guy in Kozakura last night that impregnated someone when he was two!), and we have to just chalk that up to 'typos' (I changed the guy's current age from 54 to 64 - twelve is still pretty damn young, but possible, especially given that that country has arranged marriages and people wed at twelve!)

Everything can be worked-out with canon lore if you think long and hard enough on it (and a lot of the time, you wind-up creating a slew on new plothooks in the process, which is a really nice bonus).

quote:

quote:

Exactly - I try to confer with anyone else working on Netbook projects (most of wich I have some level of involvment with anyway), to run things by them. I also check all previous articles here at the keep, be they Compendium or just some of the miscellany they have laying about.

I would rather expand on someone else's ideas - even if they are only psuedo-canon, rather then 'over-write' what another scribe and fan of FR has done. For example, I would love to write a piece on the Fey for the Compendium, because I am doing a lot with their history in the K-T region, but I also know that the Creator Races are Gray Richardson's 'baby' and I will always defer to him on that subject (and leave the CK article on them to him).

We try to build a mutually-helpful environment here, and feed off of each other. If we were to all go off in our own directions we'd be... well... we all know what we'd be.

I am constantly incorporating other people's ideas in what I write, because they are damned good most of the time, and I'm not swell-headed enough to think everything I think is stuff someone else will like. I love dropping little references to things in my work to stuff written by so many other fans, and like LK has stated, its pretty easy to know 'quality' stuff from the garbage (in other words, steer clear of anything that sounds like Harry-Potter porn/fan-fic).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Nov 2008 06:11:45
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  17:25:44  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What if the second writer, writing at perhaps roughly the same time, submits that the Yuirwood instead becomes home of a powerful nation of Star-Elves in alliance with Aglorand...

Who is to decide which is "Fan Canon" and which is to be disregarded. That is a slippery slope...as it can, and most likely would, result in the dejected "loser" leaving off from submitting future work in fear of either humiliation or frustration.

-There's nothing difficult about it, as MT echoed. When you are writing something, you choose what you want to consider as happening. You have those two stories where the Yuirwood burned down, and now, we have a story about how the Yuirwood becomes a powerful nation of Star Elves. Depending on the road you want to travel down in whatever it is that you are writing, you decide which of the options you want to support. The two articles about the Yuirwood burning down don't incorporate enough Realmslore, and ignore the spell that the Yuirwood has that does not allow it to be burned down (Just making that up. There is no such field). You want to write about the increased presence of Star Elves on Abeir-Toril anyway, so you support the third option, the one with the Star Elf nation within the bounds of the forest. Is someone going to have material that is not supported by your own material and ignored? Yes, of course. Like I said before, you can't have something being A and being B at the same time. Something can only be A or B. As such, someone is going to have some literature that you ignore, in whatever work you do.

-Let me give you an example. Alaundo's Bookshelf contains a "book" called The Book of The Cathshee, written by one Tyson Bell. Having looked it over and everything, I've never incorporated any of this information into anything I've written, because I don't particularly like the concepts and ideas that Mr. Bell wrote about. On the other hand, I recognize the validity of the Kara-Tur Re-Dux. As such, I consulted about the leShay, who had an impact on the Imaskari Empire, to see in what direction the editor was going to take concerning the relationship between the leShay and the Imaskari.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  18:22:11  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure why this is still an issue of debate between us (notice below).

Messy means that instead of there being a continuous line of canon, "fan canon" could be different for each person...thus making it harder to discuss with newcomers.

Messy...

quote:

quote:

<snip>

-There's nothing difficult about it, as MT echoed. When you are writing something, you choose what you want to consider as happening. You have those two stories where the Yuirwood burned down, and now, we have a story about how the Yuirwood becomes a powerful nation of Star Elves. Depending on the road you want to travel down in whatever it is that you are writing, you decide which of the options you want to support. The two articles about the Yuirwood burning down don't incorporate enough Realmslore, and ignore the spell that the Yuirwood has that does not allow it to be burned down (Just making that up. There is no such field). You want to write about the increased presence of Star Elves on Abeir-Toril anyway, so you support the third option, the one with the Star Elf nation within the bounds of the forest. Is someone going to have material that is not supported by your own material and ignored? Yes, of course. Like I said before, you can't have something being A and being B at the same time. Something can only be A or B. As such, someone is going to have some literature that you ignore, in whatever work you do.

-Let me give you an example. Alaundo's Bookshelf contains a "book" called The Book of The Cathshee, written by one Tyson Bell. Having looked it over and everything, I've never incorporated any of this information into anything I've written, because I don't particularly like the concepts and ideas that Mr. Bell wrote about. On the other hand, I recognize the validity of the Kara-Tur Re-Dux. As such, I consulted about the leShay, who had an impact on the Imaskari Empire, to see in what direction the editor was going to take concerning the relationship between the leShay and the Imaskari.

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 14 Nov 2008 18:57:04
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:21:48  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not sure why this is still an issue of debate between us (notice below).

Messy means that instead of there being a continuous line of canon, "fan canon" could be different for each person...thus making it harder to discuss with newcomers.

-The official canon is the only thing that individuals have in common. Anything else, yeah, it's up to the individual, the key point being there's plenty of bad stuff out there that is ignored by most, and then there's good stuff out there that others incorporate into their own versions of things. There can never be a 100% accepted 'new' version of things. The closest there can be is projects that feed off of each other, to form a "net" of sorts.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

wannabesuperman
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  09:04:31  Show Profile  Visit wannabesuperman's Homepage Send wannabesuperman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I figure most of you probably know this by now, but the Living Forgotten Realms is going to be the source for future Realms material.

The adventures run for LFR will dictate how the new setting develops and is written in future novels. This is somewhat similar to the "fan canon" idea, but it will at least be adjudicated by whoever edits the LFR adventures.

"What's so funny about Truth, Justice, and The American Way?" --Clark Kent, Daily Planet. January 2001
Go to Top of Page

Misery
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  11:36:42  Show Profile  Visit Misery's Homepage Send Misery a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What they're REALLY trying to do is bring down this forum. Its all a plot to bring YOU GUYS DOWN!! You're the rival to the wizard's FR boards ... and no one likes their rival O__O

... can I still be a bad A and like kittens?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  13:45:27  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wannabesuperman

I figure most of you probably know this by now, but the Living Forgotten Realms is going to be the source for future Realms material.

The adventures run for LFR will dictate how the new setting develops and is written in future novels. This is somewhat similar to the "fan canon" idea, but it will at least be adjudicated by whoever edits the LFR adventures.

This is doomed to failure, IMO. They've said that they will build the Realms based on how the results come in, but didn't they try the same thing with Living Greyhawk in 3rd edition?

I just have very little hope for this achieving what they say it will.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  15:22:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wish that the LFR modules weren't limited to members. I can dig only accepting results from members, but it'd be nice if the rest of us could see the adventures.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  15:33:28  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to join the LFR group and get the information for free?

Go to Top of Page

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2008 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could certainly get a free RPGA membership and then I believe request scenarios as if you were going to run them and they would be available to you, whither you in reality intended to run them or not.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2008 :  14:56:39  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In order to download the adventures, you have to set up an 'event'. This could be at a convention, or a home event with your personal group. You can then download the adventure.

I am a registered DM with RPGA, so I don't know if you have to become a DM first to download them, or if any member can run the event and download them. I *believe* (and I could be wrong) that you have to become a registered DM first, by taking and passing their herald-level test.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000