Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Leiran temple- Mistkeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chosen_of_Leira
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  17:29:14  Show Profile  Visit Chosen_of_Leira's Homepage Send Chosen_of_Leira a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all. I am putting together background information regarding temples dedicated to Leira. I searched through the 2E "Faiths and Avatars" and got some great RP tips for Leiran followers. There was a mention of the largest temple being in Prespur. Is this a town or city? I know there is an island, but the description is somewhat different and does not sound like the type of place that Leirans would congregate. Am I missing something?
I also read about the Leira temple in Westgate getting sacked. Is there anywhere else I can gather some knowledge on other temples or shrines of note to Leira?
Thanks for any help!

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2020 :  07:26:59  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Chosen_of_Leira,

invenirent resurrectionem!!!!

quote:
There was a mention of the largest temple being in Prespur. Is this a town or city? I know there is an island, but the description is somewhat different and does not sound like the type of place that Leirans would congregate. Am I missing something?

The island is Prespur, but there are two towns there when you take into account the smaller island right next to Prespur proper:
  • Palaggar
  • Uarhold

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Prespur

quote:
I also read about the Leira temple in Westgate getting sacked. Is there anywhere else I can gather some knowledge on other temples or shrines of note to Leira?
Thanks for any help!

As to the question of that temple getting sacked, unsure of the sacking, but I know the temple is underground between Wagonwheel Ride and Sword Lane on the west and northside of town. I believe the you can find a map of that in Cloak and Dagger.

Also, since I am resurrecting an old scroll here, I was curious if anyone else knew of any time frame in which Leira officially became a deity?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2020 :  12:28:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think the person is going to be checking for the info after 12 years, especially since they've made only a single post here in all that time.

However, since Leira is a personal favorite of mine and you asked about her origins, I don't believe we've ever been given anything at all about her origins or a timeframe as to when she first appeared. I personally picture her as a very old goddess, possibly with some ties to Selune, Mystra, and Shar.... but that's entirely a gut feeling. I also believe there's ties between her worship on Nimbral and her worship on the moon that have some kind of involvement with spelljamming.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2020 :  15:46:55  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They almost certainly have temples on Nimbral. But you will have to make them up yourself. We have the the basics of Nimbral civilization from Ed of the Greenwood, but that's it. The island has been begging for adventure modules for decades.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2020 :  22:27:52  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

I am glad you took note of my final point: I was doing some Leira research, saw this Acolyte's post and thought I would respond but also ask a question. I appreciate the response!

quote:
I personally picture her as a very old goddess, possibly with some ties to Selune, Mystra, and Shar.... but that's entirely a gut feeling. I also believe there's ties between her worship on Nimbral and her worship on the moon that have some kind of involvement with spelljamming.

Ah, the moon of course! I forgot about that one.

I actually put her back with the Imaskari, originating in the -8000'ish timeframe. When I took into consideration the persecution that followers and practitioners of Leira were dealing with in Haluraa in 173DR, I thought, that is a good final point of the "People" being done with that faith in an open aired way, which makes me think it had been brewing for quite some time.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000