Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Twilight Tomb
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  12:20:11  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know what Dale Reckoning Year the Twilight Tomb adventure takes place ?

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  02:10:46  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jinat

Does anyone know what Dale Reckoning Year the Twilight Tomb adventure takes place ?

The adventure itself does not have a DR date, from I can see, thumbing through it right now. I would imagine that the year would be after the last Mythal Trilogy. I would place it about 1374/75. I am also looking in the grand history of the realms, but am not seeing anything either.
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  02:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you ask the designer, Greg A. Vaughan, in the "Questions for Forgotten Realms Designers" thread in the Chamber of Sages? Even if the original designer is not available, perhaps one of the others was involved or has an opinion.
Cheers,
Afet

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  05:15:46  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK will do - Thankx guys
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  05:46:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jinat, your query ended up in the "Unmoderated" section of Candlekeep, and thus wasn't registered on the Forum proper. I've since reposted it to the "Questions for Forgotten Realms Designers" scroll in the Chamber of Sages shelf.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 14 May 2008 05:46:49
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2008 :  08:40:26  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What follows has nothing to do with Jinat's question, and much to do with the product itself (and a vendor thereof), and the Sage may poke me with a quill for even going in this direction, but what's the point of being a Master of Realmslore if I can't share my experiences with others.

I ordered a used copy of Twilight Tomb from Smoky Mtn Books on Amazon, and it arrived in a tight cardboard mailer of a sort whose name I don't even know. Opening the mailer caused me to rip half-way through the book. I immediately contacted the vendor, Smoky Mtn Books, and told them what happened, and their attitude was not Amazon's usual, "if you're unhappy, send it back," as much as, "you tore it, you keep it, and no we will not give you a refund or a replacement." Morals of the story: (1) choose your vendor carefully, (2) when buying an incredibly flimsy book whose retail cost is about ten times its production cost, find out in what sort of mailer the vendor will be sending it to you. Don't be afraid to ask questions! It's your money.

(I'd also like to add that once I saw the cover price of that ripped-in-half "book," my opinion of Wizards started dropping very, very, very rapidly, and is still falling. Caveat emptor.)

Oh, I have an opinion on the adventure, too, but it's even less relevant than what I have already posted.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2008 :  13:41:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought the adventure was okay, but there were some elements of it that made me wonder if it was originally written as a sci-fi module of some sort, and then modified to be used in the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 May 2008 13:42:47
Go to Top of Page

Eli the Tanner
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  20:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Eli the Tanner's Homepage Send Eli the Tanner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a reference in the Grand History of the Realms on page 158 that seems to match up with The Twilight Tomb. Based on that I would say the events of the module occur in 1376 DR. Do the other scribes of Candlekeep have any thoughts on this reference?

Moderator of /r/Forgotten_Realms
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2015 :  03:29:49  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you're right, Eli the Tanner. Just looked it up in my copy of GHotR, and I would also place it around 1376 DR. Having the Twilight Tomb adventure and the GHotT, along with my obession on elven lore, you'd think I'd notice that entry in GHotR...methinks I need to reread it...

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000