Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 1st Edition AD&D Forgotten Realms Game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  03:07:56  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So...

I was sitting at my desk today doing some writing and became stumped on something (how to make an encounter where a party gets completely trounced and has to run away, but I don't kill any of them) and I was a little at odds against myself because in 3.5 it is hard to do just that! Combats are very quick and lethal at times...especially compared to earlier editions. Then I happened to glance over at my 1st Ed. books and had what could only have been, for me, a revelation:

Each edition of this game seems to make combat much quicker and deadlier for one side or the other.

For 4th Ed. they have said exactly that, that they are trying to make combat that much faster to resolve...

When was the last time any of you can remember fighting 40+ Trolls in a long and drawn out combat? Well, for me, it was 1st Edition...and that got me to thinking.

I had sworn when Gary Gygax died that I would run my next campaign using 1st Edition rules...and so I'm going to do just that!

But I'm going to run it as an ONLINE game...not a PBEM game...but online using a chat room with a dice bot. I just don't have the patience for anything other than quick action I guess...a personal flaw perhaps.

So...(again)

Who here would be interested in playing a 1st Edition AD&D game set in the Forgotten Realms? And, MORE IMPORTANTLY, who here can show me how to get that done using existing technology that is free for anyone wanting to play?

I don't even know what night I would be doing this on...most likely Wed. Nights like this where I have some time on my hands...and there are some rules:

1) You MUST have at least a 1st Edition Player's Handbook at your disposal.

2) You MUST have enough dedication to be at the game every time we play (which will be at least every other Wed. Night if not more).

3) It would HELP a great deal if you were near the same Time Zone as me so we don't have too much conflict...I live in Montana U.S.A. (Mountain Time).

4) I'm looking for a voice chat capable program so that we can all use it to cut down on typing...so you MUST be willing to role-play! Dice are for combat in 1st Edition...not for roll-playing.

5) You MUST be of legal age to hear profane statements...I'm not saying I'm a vulgar person, but if my evil wizard wants to curse the party he's going to do it!

6) You MUST be willing to give me a dang good character description and history IN WRITING to play in this game. For 1st Ed...there isn't much else to define your character!

7) The only races allowed are standard per the 1st Edition Player's Handbook...class restrictions will be as published (No Drow, no Genesai, no Shades, etc...).

8) It will help if you are willing to not be a Canon player. My knowledge of the Realms is good...but there is SOOOOOO much I don't know and might "mess up" in the game.

Enough ver(gar)bage for now...if anyone is interested, please let me know. It will be several days in the making once I even have people that are interested...

Later

EDIT NOTE: So much has changed in the process of putting this game together I thought I would strike out all the "requirements" as most of them aren't valid any longer...This has turned into a PBEM game, so I didn't want anyone to have the wrong idea.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 21 Apr 2008 05:06:22

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  14:04:42  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...

I had thought, with so much talk about "I love the good ol' days" that I would have at least a couple of people eager for a game...

Go to Top of Page

Dezmodu
Acolyte

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  14:17:30  Show Profile  Visit Dezmodu's Homepage Send Dezmodu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well I'd like to try but I'm afraid I don't qualify.
never played first edition, don't own a 1e PHB and live at least 6 time zones away. so it would be hard to be present at every sesion.
why don't you just come to holland I'll set up a adventuring party for you
no seriously I'd like to but I don't think it would work.
but I am willig to at least give it a try.
DeZ.

paladin: Ignorance is no excuse!
Rogue: Why?
Paladin: I don't know.
Rogue: IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  14:32:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to have all of the hardcovers from 1st and 2nd edition... In fact, the 1E DMG was my first D&D purchase, from the librarian at my junior high (she was selling the book for her son; I think I gave $5 for it).

Sadly, though, all those books were lost in the fire, and I've not gotten to the point of replacing them yet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  15:21:32  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Hmmm...

I had thought, with so much talk about "I love the good ol' days" that I would have at least a couple of people eager for a game...

I own the book, and I do love the "good old days". But that also includes not having (or wanting) the computer skills and equipment for such a game. In addition to time zone problems and such. I can go as far as a PBM game, but even that is a radical move for me.

If you are looking for more 1ed. players though, it might be an idea to check at Dragonsfoot.
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  15:44:24  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started "way back when" and the 1st Ed DMG was also my first purchase. Lot's of mowing lawns to get it too. I'm trying my hand at my first PBM/PBEM game with Kuje, but what makes this game so fun to me in the face to face interaction and after discussions. Playing a D&D game via chatroom and using some program like Ventrillo (sp) just isn't the same. I do hope that Tymora smiles upon your game.

For the record, the people out there using dice to decide roleplaying situations, no matter the edition...you're doing it wrong!

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 17 Apr 2008 15:44:46
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  16:02:56  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't meet the requirements, and I'm already committed to another game (with Kuje). However, this does sound like it would be fun.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  17:20:04  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, let me loosen the bonds a bit then!

I only need ONE person that can help me with the technology...everyone else only needs the book and the time...and perhaps only the time (as I said, being in the same time zone would HELP...but isn't required). I was thinking about the voice chat as easier for people to communicate and the webcam just isn't really needed.

I suppose I could scan and send to players the classes for them to look over...but I'm not sure of the legal aspect of doing that; which was the main reason I wanted people to have the player's handbook.

There is currently a system available that could be used for this...something called RPGNow or something of the sort...will have to check on that.

I'm simply opening a dialogue guys...work with me and maybe we can get a decent thing set up to have a fun time with.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  22:22:27  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Timezone difference is also my problem... I am having 1st edition PHB basically on the way, but 8 hrs difference will make this venture nigh impossible for me, or you rather, since I'll be asleep when you come home from work/college etc.

The interest is there, but as my fellow Europeans pointed out, time is the most major issue here

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  23:14:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's why I prefer my email games. The time difference doesn't matter then. :) People can reply when they can reply instead of trying to juggle 4 to 5 or so different times zones.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  01:44:26  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

That's why I prefer my email games. The time difference doesn't matter then. :) People can reply when they can reply instead of trying to juggle 4 to 5 or so different times zones.

I'm just unsure of how well I would enjoy a PBEM game...I've never even been in one. I don't even know HOW to do it!

Perhaps someone could enlighten me here and I would think more on it?

Go to Top of Page

Rollo Ruttikin
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  02:00:22  Show Profile  Visit Rollo Ruttikin's Homepage Send Rollo Ruttikin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dalor Darden,

I tried to get some people on here interested in 1st edition games before Gygax died. It's the only D&D I play. I have used some of the 2nd Edition stuff for some minor house rules but nothing that extravagant. I still use the 1st edition combat rules but I created a critical hit table and I use the 2nd edition psionics rules since you need a degree in physics to figure out the 1st edition.

Every edition that has come out since the 1st seems to take away more and more of the feel of the game for me. i don't know how else to describe this, but open one of the old 1st edition books and it's like your opening the Necronomicon! The artwork was black and white and some of it wasn't that terrific, but it presented a "feel" that still grips me today when I flip through one of my aged tomes! There wasn't a rule for every situation so players and DM's had to be much more creative and come up with fair solutions on the fly. Great stuff!

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep this new crap! It doesn't even look like D&D anymore!

I have every single 1st edition book published. All of them in damn good condition.

I even have a battered but still serviceable Dungeonmaster's screen!

Here's the problem.....

I live in Ohio, my work schedule is set so that I never have a Wednesday off. Never. Not unless I use vacation or comp. time or something like that. So I'm pretty much always working on Wednesday's.

I am not a technical guy. I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to programs that allow a campaign to be played. I would think it could be played on here, but I haven't got aclue as to how.

I hope someone finally decides to jump on your wagon and play a campaign. For Gary Gygax if for no other reason!

Rollo
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  02:20:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm just unsure of how well I would enjoy a PBEM game...I've never even been in one. I don't even know HOW to do it!

Perhaps someone could enlighten me here and I would think more on it?

Not sure how I can explain my email games. There's about a dozen, or so, posters on the boards who can help explain them since they have been in my pbem's over the years. Basically, I start with an opening scene and the players reply and the game continues from there depending on type of campaign the players want and depending on what changes I want to make to the setting that revolve around some long standing plots I've worked on for years and what the characters do.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  03:11:06  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje,

How do you resolve die rolls and such? Is it more of a story-telling game where you do most of the deciding, or is there some other way you implement randomness?

I think that is the thing that has me stumped about PBEM games...how do you do combat and such if you use emails?

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  03:14:34  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rollo Ruttikin

Dalor Darden,

I tried to get some people on here interested in 1st edition games before Gygax died. It's the only D&D I play. I have used some of the 2nd Edition stuff for some minor house rules but nothing that extravagant. I still use the 1st edition combat rules but I created a critical hit table and I use the 2nd edition psionics rules since you need a degree in physics to figure out the 1st edition.

Every edition that has come out since the 1st seems to take away more and more of the feel of the game for me. i don't know how else to describe this, but open one of the old 1st edition books and it's like your opening the Necronomicon! The artwork was black and white and some of it wasn't that terrific, but it presented a "feel" that still grips me today when I flip through one of my aged tomes! There wasn't a rule for every situation so players and DM's had to be much more creative and come up with fair solutions on the fly. Great stuff!

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep this new crap! It doesn't even look like D&D anymore!

I have every single 1st edition book published. All of them in damn good condition.

I even have a battered but still serviceable Dungeonmaster's screen!

Here's the problem.....

I live in Ohio, my work schedule is set so that I never have a Wednesday off. Never. Not unless I use vacation or comp. time or something like that. So I'm pretty much always working on Wednesday's.

I am not a technical guy. I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to programs that allow a campaign to be played. I would think it could be played on here, but I haven't got aclue as to how.

I hope someone finally decides to jump on your wagon and play a campaign. For Gary Gygax if for no other reason!

Rollo

Well, even the Wed. night is still up for debate...I'll see what night folks are most likely to play...OR...it may be that we try this PBEM thing once I get it figured out.

I'd be glad to have ANYONE in the game...but I've come to the quick realization that most people that are interested live too far away for the time-zone "qualification"...so that is most likely out.

I'm starting to be more interested in the PBEM perhaps...

Stay tuned...once I get things sorted out perhaps you can play after all!

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  03:26:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I trust the players to send me the rolls when I ask for them and as for combat, I just write it up in rounds..... Say if PC1 goes, I write up their actions, ditto for next pc/npc, etc, until the rounds/combat is over.

I think some of my old logs from the game I was running are still on Keep in this part of the forums. But usually my email games, or even my table top games, don't include tons of combat. I'm more of a story/RP DM.

Found my old posts but I had to delete two of the posts because they were to long and they were erroring out but these logs are exactly how I write my email games. The log of the 15th has a short battle scene, if it loads and doesn't error out. :)

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5510&SearchTerms=wyrms

quote:

Kuje,

How do you resolve die rolls and such? Is it more of a story-telling game where you do most of the deciding, or is there some other way you implement randomness?

I think that is the thing that has me stumped about PBEM games...how do you do combat and such if you use emails?

Edited by - Kuje on 18 Apr 2008 03:39:12
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  00:23:13  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okie-dokie (or however that nonsensical thing is spelled)...

After due consideration of things...I think that I have a solution: I'll make this a PBEM game.

Kuje runs a great one I've seen...and has given me pretty much all the ideas I needed...I'll only add a couple things right now:

1) I'll have each player submit to me a character description and history that they create that brings them to the starting area. I'm considering Daggerdale right now as our starting point...but I'm not sure on an exact starting date right now. It will be after Randal takes back his throne...but other than that not sure. If not there, then we will be starting in Thentia on the Moonsea coast...again, not sure of the time though.

2) ANYONE that has expressed interest so far is welcome to play. If it isn't against the law for me to do so...I'll simply scan the classes and email them to anyone that doesn't have the book so that they can see what their class will be all about.

Pretty much it I guess.

So...if anyone is officially interested, send me a private message here at Candlekeep or to my email which can be viewed in my profile. First come first serve! Only limit is that I only want at most five or six folks.

Talk to you all soon

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  00:27:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I might be interested then since it's a email game now since it won't conflict with my time schedule. I've to see if I got a 1e phb though. I think I only have a dmg but if not I can order the pdf until I can get a physical copy. :)

I haven't played a pc in so long though and never a 1e pc, so might take me a bit to remember how to use the old rules cause its been over a decade since I've even dm'd, or played, 2e, which wasn't that much different but it'll take some time to get used to it.

Edited by - Kuje on 19 Apr 2008 00:28:43
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  00:28:38  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might be interested in this:

http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/downloads/OSRIC.pdf

The OSRIC system is pretty much 1st edition reverse engineered from the OGL so that its a legal rules system.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  01:05:39  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm. I might be interested then since it's a email game now since it won't conflict with my time schedule. I've to see if I got a 1e phb though. I think I only have a dmg but if not I can order the pdf until I can get a physical copy. :)

I haven't played a pc in so long though and never a 1e pc, so might take me a bit to remember how to use the old rules cause its been over a decade since I've even dm'd, or played, 2e, which wasn't that much different but it'll take some time to get used to it.

Be glad to have you Kuje...and the PHB problem seems to have been solved by KEJ below! I took a quick look over that...and well, it is pretty much right on...nice work they did.

I'm reading over some notes and Forgotten Realms materials to decide on where I want to start (and when) right now...I'll let everyone know in a few hours most likely.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  01:12:28  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

The OSRIC system is pretty much 1st edition reverse engineered from the OGL so that its a legal rules system.

That is some really nice work they did!

Thanks alot for that link KEJ!

Were you interested in playing in this?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  01:33:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I did buy the pdf and I got a physical copy coming from nobleknight. I dunno why I never got the phb when I had the 1e DMG and MM.

However, how do you want stats rolled? And what character level?

quote:

quote:

Be glad to have you Kuje...and the PHB problem seems to have been solved by KEJ below! I took a quick look over that...and well, it is pretty much right on...nice work they did.

I'm reading over some notes and Forgotten Realms materials to decide on where I want to start (and when) right now...I'll let everyone know in a few hours most likely.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  03:16:42  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

That is some really nice work they did!

Thanks alot for that link KEJ!

Were you interested in playing in this?

Hm . . . I'm really tempted actually. I kind of miss 1st edition rangers, from time to time . . . I'm not 100% sure yet though (although my PbP Dragonlance game fell apart, so I should have the time, depending on how fast we move).
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  04:51:49  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, here are some basics real quick:

Books allowed: Player’s Handbook and Unearthed Arcana (I’ll be using the DMG, Monster Manuals I & II, the Fiend Folio and the Old Grey Box ONLY. Anything that happens after that does not conflict with Canon because nothing else has happened yet). The book KEJ linked above is a good source however and should be considered viable for use in this game.

Races allowed: Human, Half-Orc, Hill and Mt. Dwarf, Gnome, Elf (Grey, High, Wood and Wild only), Half-Elves and Halflings. Nothing else at all.

Classes allowed: Cavalier/Paladin, Cleric/Druid, Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger, Magic User/Illusionist, Thief/Acrobat/Assassin, Monk and Bard (Acrobat and Bard being a special circumstance of course). Note: those choosing Barbarian as a class should remember the strict limitations of who you can associate with; I am very reluctant to allow Barbarians simply because of the limitations on their associating with magic using characters of other classes. Unless someone has a VERY good way we can mesh a Barbarian into the party, it will be hard to do.

Ability scores: 80 points to be assigned as you see fit. Exceptional percentile scores will be allowed at a cost of 1 point per tier for strength. Comeliness, for this game, will be based off of an average of a score of 11 and then modified then by race and Charisma as per the Unearthed Arcana page 6 (I can send the rules to anyone without the U.A.). For those wanting a higher Comeliness, you may add points using your 80 points. Only seven points may be added to Comeliness using your point pool (which would give a maximum of 18 then modified by charisma and race).

Starting Level: Instead of picking an arbitrary level for each starting character, I’m instead awarding 5,002 XP to each player. If you decide to have a multi-class character you will evenly split this xp among your classes (if you have three classes, round down). For the most part folks will thus have 3rd level characters (a Thief would be level 4 though).

Hit Points: Players will roll their own Hit Points…even though I can’t see what is being rolled I’m sure I can trust you guys; especially since you will never see my rolls either!

Starting Magic: I am open to players having magic items, but I’m not going to place a value (either Gold or XP) on them. We can talk privately about magic items. I am prone to having a history for each magic item I introduce in a game…for several years now I’ve never simply introduced a “Dagger +1” into my games. Instead each one has a little history at least. If you come up with a good story for a magic item, I will seriously consider allowing your character to have it.

Starting Gear: Plan on being poor…you may have decent gear or what have you…but plan on having little or no money to start. Unless it is in your character’s background to have a decent amount of money to start…you are most likely going to be on the verge of being flat broke.

Concerning Coins: the MAJOR thing I’m changing about 1st Edition is the coinage system. To think that it takes 40 pounds of gold to buy a suit of plate armor that weighs 45 pounds is just too much for me. Instead, each coin will weigh in at 50 coins to the pound. AD&D “Coin Weight” will be translated into U.S. pounds.

Character Spells: Wizards and Illusionists can have their minimum number of spells +2 for 1st level spells and their minimum number of spells for 2nd level spells in their spell books to start. A HUGE boost to wizards and illusionists in this game will be that they are able to memorize additional spells per level EXACTLY as a cleric or druid, using INT instead of WIS on table II, page 11, of the Player’s Handbook. NOTE: I'll go with Magic Users and Illusionists having 8 Cantrips to start with. As per the rules on page 45 of the Unearthed Arcana, you may replace any 1st level spell in your spell list of memorized spells with four cantrips.
----------------------------------------------------

I'm seriously considering the starting city to by Thentia now, Daggerdale I'm thinking of ruling out because the last campaign I ran was there and I'm wanting to explore another area now...and Thar looks like it would be a great place to start.

The starting city is Melvaunt.

More soon...

EDIT: added information about Cantrips, which I had forgotten about and KEJ reminded me of.

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 23 Apr 2008 21:53:02
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  05:09:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following have expressed some interest (however small) so far:

Dezmodu, Wooly, Jorkens, AlorinDawn, Rinonalyrna Fathomlin, Mace Hammerhand, Kuje, Rollo Ruttikin and KnightErrantJR.

That is a total of nine people; so I'm going to limit interest to those nine first before considering anyone else. If I don't get enough players from those, then I'll try to recruit others.

So, anyone out of those that are interested, please let me know! I want to keep it to about six people I think.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT NOTE: I made bold anyone who will be playing and crossed out those names I haven't heard back from.

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 04 May 2008 15:56:18
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  05:24:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, I'll work on a character over the wkend. :) Bear with me cause as I said, I never played 1e and it's been over a decade since I even really used, or looked at, the 2e rules. :)

I might go with a druid, I haven't played a TN druid in years and it'll be fun to do so again. Beyond that, I'm not sure, maybe a thief as a second choice.

Edited by - Kuje on 19 Apr 2008 05:27:10
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  05:29:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cool, I'll work on a character over the wkend. :) Bear with me cause as I said, I never played 1e and it's been over a decade since I even really used, or looked at, the 2e rules. :)

LOL...no problem man...the main thing I'm looking for in a character is good back-story and description.

The main thing I like about AD&D is the opportunity for role-playing and story.

I still haven't decided on the starting date though...reading over some material before I decide on an exact date.

I just want that available so people can work their character up to the current date in their history.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  06:06:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nod nod, no worries about the start date, etc. And I can do the backstory and descrip, that won't be a problem.

However, can we use the deities from the deity trilogy, faiths and avatars, powers and pantheons, demihuman deities, from 2e since they have some info on deities that aren't really detailed to much in the grey box.....?

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  06:51:28  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nod nod, no worries about the start date, etc. And I can do the backstory and descrip, that won't be a problem.

However, can we use the deities from the deity trilogy, faiths and avatars, powers and pantheons, demihuman deities, from 2e since they have some info on deities that aren't really detailed to much in the grey box.....?

Hmmm...I don't see why not, so long as we don't use anything mechanical, all the lore should be fine.

I have decided on the starting date: 1357 DR, Hammer the 9th. Anyone playing should have their character within the starting location by that date...

The starting city, however, is going to be Melvaunt instead of Thentia. I like the city a great deal and its ruling families make for a good amount of intrigue (strong hint).

Sooo...

The 9th of Hammer, 1357 DR in the City of Melvaunt.

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  10:24:04  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not in the best of shapes at the moment, so I am a little weary of joining you at this time. I am tempted, but I am not sure I can guarantee for me being a good addition at the moment.

I will prepare a character just in case though, things might change.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  12:17:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The following have expressed some interest (however small) so far:

Dezmodu, Wooly, Jorkens, AlorinDawn, Rinonalyrna Fathomlin, Mace Hammerhand, Kuje, Rollo Ruttikin and KnightErrantJR.

That is a total of nine people; so I'm going to limit interest to those nine first before considering anyone else. If I don't get enough players from those, then I'll try to recruit others.

So, anyone out of those that are interested, please let me know! I want to keep it to about six people I think.

Honestly, I'm not really into the idea of playing online. I'd far rather sit down face-to-face to play. Plus, I'm in Eastern time (Florida), and my schedule is somewhat erratic. So I'm going to pass. I thank you for thinking to invite me, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000