Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  17:49:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good clue.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  23:14:24  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Wooly!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  00:16:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going take this one if no one else does...

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  00:22:52  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it's nowhere near too obscure. This is one of the easy ones.
I can even tell you where to taste it "for real" . . . if you're brave enough to break into the cellar of Ed's barn.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  00:37:57  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, THO!

Anybody's welcome to answer (e.g. Wooly, Fillow, THO), but I'll work up a second hint in case it's still here tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  01:04:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to, but Wooly seems eager enough. So I'll leave it to him.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  01:30:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

Name the Realmsian brew described thus:

"This hearty stout from Arabel is one of that city's major exports, and deservedly so. Best served at cellar temperature (Arabellians sniff at any other way of serving this drink), the stout is heavy and is jet black with a dark brown head of foam."

Hint #1: Said brew may be easily procured from the Realms' iconic female entrepreneur.

Lemme know if this is is too obscure. ;)

Bitter Black. 'Tis a direct quote from page 127 of Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog, an absolutely essential Realms sourcebook.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 11 Jun 2008 01:31:21
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  01:33:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...And now my next question:

The ranger Thanadar and the bard Arnthiir Windrivv were, under other names, part of a famous adventuring group. What is the name of that group?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  01:44:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehe... Nice one!

I'll give all our scribes a couple of hours opportunity to answer before I take this one myself.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  02:06:13  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the adventuring company "The Nine" led by Laeral, who still maintains contact with them (2E).

Found in the Seven Sisters sourcebook P.32

I found this one Wooley during your last stumper about Laeral.

Edited by - scererar on 11 Jun 2008 02:10:36
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  04:04:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

the adventuring company "The Nine" led by Laeral, who still maintains contact with them (2E).

Found in the Seven Sisters sourcebook P.32

I found this one Wooley during your last stumper about Laeral.

You nailed it. I found that just a few hours ago, while looking up the spell Krash mentioned in another thread.

The next question is yours.

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  04:05:54  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who built the Watchwall?

Edited by - scererar on 11 Jun 2008 04:13:54
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  18:47:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Galeb Duhr built the Watchwall in Aglarond for King Brindor, in exchange for possible future assistance.

My question will come later, after a confirmation on my answer, and with some much-needed thought.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  01:56:33  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
confirmed.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  04:02:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool

Who is/was Lorrick, what group is he a member of, and what great artifact was he rewarded with and by whom?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  04:13:33  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ARRRGGGHHHH !!

I know who he is, which group he's part of, which book deals with him but I cannot reach this f*µ@*ng artifact !!
And I have to go to work !
Maybe tonight.

Mark, I hate you !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  09:27:44  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

ARRRGGGHHHH !!

I know who he is, which group he's part of, which book deals with him but I cannot reach this f*µ@*ng artifact !!
Maybe tonight.

Let's see if I am able to digg up that information faster than you!
The race is on!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  15:21:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As both a hint and a clarification - it isn't exactly clear if the item is an 'Artifact' as per the D&D rules - I was using the term to describe something more along the lines of a racial relic.

@Fillow - don't forget I also asked who gave him permission to take it.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  20:57:10  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm back felows !

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Cool

Who is/was Lorrick, what group is he a member of, and what great artifact was he rewarded with and by whom?

Lorrick was a dwarf warrior who was part of the Seekers, an adventuring comapny.
I believe the artifact you speak about is Skysplitter, Thelarn Swifthammer's fabled war axe, a talking axe. The ghost of Thelarn himself rewarded the dwarf with it.

The source is the Players guide to FR - 1993 ; p.29

Waiting for confirmation...

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 12 Jun 2008 21:02:23
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  20:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:

ARRRGGGHHHH !!

Maybe tonight.

Let's see if I am able to digg up that information faster than you!
The race is on!

With all the respect I feel about you Erg'
Lemme tell you I'm hoping that Race is over !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  09:49:01  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

With all the respect I feel about you Erg'
Lemme tell you I'm hoping that Race is over !

You know, I looked through most of my sourcebooks but found nothing. Now that I read your answer I realize that I would never have been able to beat you on this one.
I don't have that particular tome. I have them all except for that one!!!

So Congrats Fillow , well deserved.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  12:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know, I looked through most of my sourcebooks but found nothing. Now that I read your answer I realize that I would never have been able to beat you on this one.

As you say Erg' : On this one !
I know you'll be faster on other ones. Your "FR skill" is more accurate as mine !
See you in five days ! ('cause I'm out of race for this period !)

quote:

So Congrats Fillow , well deserved.

Thanks a lot.

But I'm still waiting for the confirmation to ask the following question...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  15:49:34  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know you'll be faster on other ones. Your "FR skill" is more accurate as mine !

While I can only agree with your first statement
I will keep silent on the latter.

Ergdusch - ever humble servant of Candlekeep eagerly waiting for the next question (hopefully not from the 2nd Ed. Players Guide)

Edited by - Ergdusch on 13 Jun 2008 15:56:33
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  17:01:12  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is indeed the correct answer.

I choose that Tome BECAUSE most scribes forget about it, including myself.

Eagerly awaiting the next question.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  20:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark.

So, the next one :

These community-minded creatures were kidnapped from an alternate Material Plane, enslaved by the imprisoned deity Moander and transported to the Lost Vale, in the Dalelands.
What is this race and what are its subraces ?

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 13 Jun 2008 20:52:23
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  21:05:30  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saurials? Don't know about sub-races, though...

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  21:09:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Saurials? Don't know about sub-races, though...

That was just to make this question not too simply that I asked for these sub-races !
A small effort Milady !...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  23:29:42  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good question, though, Fillow!

I wonder what's happening to saurials in 4e. Ah, a question for another thread!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  00:33:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a web enhancement about saurials... I'll refrain from posting the link, though. I don't want to make it too easy.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  00:51:30  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw that. I'm hoping Rino's going to follow up for the win. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000