Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  06:46:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

I totally agree The Sage. But :
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow in Page 1 of the Quizz

We may wait for The original poster confirmation... no ?

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly as an answer

Nope, you don't have to wait for the original person to confirm it.

I suggest the rules are changed to insert the confirmation of the answer.
I forgot about that bit. It's Wooly's scroll, so ultimately he can decide what's best for it. And while I do agree with his point above, I've noticed that the scribes involved in this Trivia Challenge are among our regulars anyway, so most, if not all, will likely return to confirm their replies at some point. Or, failing that, allow others, by proxy, to confirm them.
quote:
Loved Sage, what do you think of my other proposal ?
- What about listing the questions which have been asked along the trivia challenge ? I'm allright to list them but... where could I post them ?
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Some questions are common enough for them to potentially pop up twice, depending upon the scribe asking the question. But, again, it's Wooly's scroll. What he says, goes.
quote:
And I've a new one :
- What about a ranking of the "answerers" ? (1 answer = 1 point)
It's Wooly's game, so I'll leave the decision to him. For me though, I don't think a ranking system is necessary. The point of this Trivia Challenge is to have fun. Making it about points or scoring, will likely impact upon that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  09:29:02  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I 'uprooted' the answer rather swiftly , I will yet leave it unanswered to give other scribes a chance too.

On a sidenote: I agree with what The Sage said above. A ranking might be contradictory to rule no. 2 (the '5-day-rule' for answers by the same scribe). Such a ranking might tempt a scribe into answering every question he knows right away in order to get the points, leaving no questions for others and therefore spoiling the fun....

Just a thought.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 02 Jun 2008 10:04:13
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  12:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're both totally right about the ranking.

Wooly, where could we (or I) list the questions which have already been asked ? in the beginning of the Quizz ? in another thread ?
If you feel it usable, just tell me and I will collect and update them.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  13:16:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You're both totally right about the ranking.

Wooly, where could we (or I) list the questions which have already been asked ? in the beginning of the Quizz ? in another thread ?
If you feel it usable, just tell me and I will collect and update them.

It would likely be best to put them in another thread -- that makes it easier to update them and keep the questions from getting buried.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  20:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will make it ASAP, before the end of the week.
What do you want to see ?

Only the question, the answer and the source ?
something like that :
01- Question
Answer
Source

The poster ? the answerer ? Are these elements usable ?

Just tell me...

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  20:58:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Sage indicated: its Woody's baby. But I might 'suggest' the color of the romper suit!

1 - Question (by scribe X)
Answer (by scribe Y)
sources

Edited by - Ergdusch on 02 Jun 2008 20:59:33
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  21:08:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The question, answer, and source. That way, all the info is there for anyone who wants to know more.

Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  21:36:01  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hoping I was right about the next one, here is my question :

Who was in fact Kaldair, the one who fought Vaprak the Destroyer ?

That'd be Brandobaris, the Friendly Rapscallion of the Halfling Pantheon.

pg 205 Demihuman Deities

I'll post the question after confirmation (and I'll use that time to find a question! *g*)
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  22:43:37  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

quote:

pg 205 Demihuman Deities

I'll post the question after confirmation (and I'll use that time to find a question! *g*)

Wooly, Wooly, Wooly.....how'd you miss this one? The Hand of Vaprak was in the first FORGOTTEN REALMS comic book series!

Steven
who didn't get it because he'd been gone on a trip all the last week

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  23:00:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

quote:

pg 205 Demihuman Deities

Wooly, Wooly, Wooly.....how'd you miss this one? The Hand of Vaprak was in the first FORGOTTEN REALMS comic book series!

Steven
who didn't get it because he'd been gone on a trip all the last week

Oh, I got that one. I had it within hours of the question being posted. But my own rules said I couldn't answer yet.

Besides, while the Hand was in the first FR comics, there weren't any references to Kaldair Swiftfoot there, that I recall.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  04:31:37  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

pg 205 Demihuman Deities

You're right ShadezofDis.
Your question ?

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 03 Jun 2008 20:07:27
Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  16:45:53  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I got one, meant to do it last night but you know how it goes.

Who is Sh'derra D'Zeer and where does she live?
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  20:22:02  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok, I got one, meant to do it last night but you know how it goes.

Who is Sh'derra D'Zeer and where does she live?

For me that one was easy as Sh'derra had a chance appearence in my last campaign. So I am sorry to spoil the fun that fast:

Sh'derra D'Zeer is a amethyst dragon living in Highstar Lake.
Sources: Elminsters Ecologies II, p. 28; Dragons of Faerun, p. 156 and also the Roll Call of Dragons.

Here is the next one:

Who are Fazul, Thord, Hillard, and Rolf and what do they have in common?

Edited by - Ergdusch on 04 Jun 2008 09:07:20
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2008 :  09:29:57  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, it has been long enough. Obviously noone around here knows the answer right away. I hope the question was not too hard or confusing. Anyhow, may that as it is. Here comes the first hint(s):

Fazul, Thord and Hillard sprang from Kyristan the Dead King while Rolf was Halruan and it is rumored that his creator was someone else.

I hope that helps a bit and does not make it all too easy at the same time...

Edited by - Ergdusch on 05 Jun 2008 10:57:37
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2008 :  08:49:32  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope that some scribes still read this scroll from time to time and have not lost all interest due to my obviously difficult question. I admit that it is rather obscure knowledge this time. Here is my second hint:

Whatever the answer might be that I seek, it will not be found in any 'faithful prayers' but rather in it's 'sister tome'.

Edited by - Ergdusch on 06 Jun 2008 09:17:05
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2008 :  09:23:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you'll probably find that the recent forum problems over the last two days have been responsible for keeping some of our more regular scribes away.

I can probably answer this. It's been about five days for me, I think. I'll give some of the other scribes an opportunity though. The forums are behaving for the moment, so we may get a little more activity here.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2008 :  09:56:28  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

I hope that some scribes still read this scroll from time to time and have not lost all interest due to my obviously difficult question.

Of course we do and of course some of us have the answer but as far aas I'm concerned, I still have to wait till tomorrow to be allowed to answer this matter of... wands !

As Sage wrote, I think this comes from the forums problems. You're not responsible for this... absenteeism (, shirking ?)

I must admit I like these problems and hope that nobody will answer till tomorrow

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2008 :  18:44:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've had times where I couldn't access the forums for several hours at a time... Including earlier today. That kind of thing really hampers this Challenge.

That Kyristan is one nasty dude.

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2008 :  02:55:46  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had major issues accessing this site for several days. glad things are back up for the moment
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2008 :  10:31:09  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obviously I am of the persistent kind!
Hope the troubles will ebb away a bit. However, the challange is still running with the following question (incl. hints) open for answering:

Hint 1: Fazul, Thord and Hillard sprang from Kyristan the Dead King while Rolf was Halruan and it is rumored that his creator was someone else.
Hint 2: Whatever the answer might be that I seek, it will not be found in any 'faithful prayers' but rather in it's 'sister tome'.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2008 :  03:38:09  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hint 1: Fazul, Thord and Hillard sprang from Kyristan the Dead King while Rolf was Halruan and it is rumored that his creator was someone else.
Hint 2: Whatever the answer might be that I seek, it will not be found in any 'faithful prayers' but rather in it's 'sister tome'.

The four are wizards whom were fashioned into wizard wands, the first three (Fazul, Thord, & Hillard) by Kyristan, the last (Rolf) by persons unknown, per Pages from the Mages p70.

I've had a lot of trouble accessing the site, too, so, Ergdusch, I'm guessing that's the main reason this has gone unanswered for so long. Although we're entering summer vacation here....

I'll wait for confirmation before posting a question.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2008 :  18:23:57  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

quote:

The four are wizards whom were fashioned into wizard wands, the first three (Fazul, Thord, & Hillard) by Kyristan, the last (Rolf) by persons unknown, per Pages from the Mages p70.

I've had a lot of trouble accessing the site, too, so, Ergdusch, I'm guessing that's the main reason this has gone unanswered for so long. Although we're entering summer vacation here....

I'll wait for confirmation before posting a question.

Late but none the less absolutely correct! Great job!

In hopes that the site's problems will no longer hemper this chalange in the future to such an extent as it did the last days, I call you to post the next question, monknwildcat.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2008 :  20:51:48  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Name the Realmsian brew described thus:

"This hearty stout from Arabel is one of that city's major exports, and deservedly so. Best served at cellar temperature (Arabellians sniff at any other way of serving this drink), the stout is heavy and is jet black with a dark brown head of foam."

I'm guessing some Realms brewer's gonna snatch this question.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2008 :  20:58:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be nice and let someone else grab that one. Besides, I don't have a good question prepared, at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2008 :  21:02:04  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I just realized I have little left to give away for clues, so, Wooly, if nobody grabs it, feel free to put me out of my misery!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2008 :  21:04:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

Well, I just realized I have little left to give away for clues, so, Wooly, if nobody grabs it, feel free to put me out of my misery!

As a hint, you could make references to the source itself. I did that with my last question (though the reference wasn't obvious). And I had to change what I originally intended to post a couple of minutes ago, so as not to give it away too readily.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  04:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think our scribes need for clues to find this ale.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  13:26:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's time for a clue, I guess.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  15:35:26  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that scribes had lost their interest for this trivia challenge.
Don't you believe it ?
The answer to this question is not so hard to reach and nobody answers !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  15:54:06  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Name the Realmsian brew described thus:

"This hearty stout from Arabel is one of that city's major exports, and deservedly so. Best served at cellar temperature (Arabellians sniff at any other way of serving this drink), the stout is heavy and is jet black with a dark brown head of foam."

Hint #1: Said brew may be easily procured from the Realms' iconic female entrepreneur.

Lemme know if this is is too obscure. ;)

Edited by - monknwildcat on 10 Jun 2008 15:55:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000