Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  00:48:23  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

What a Wooly-ish answer

aye very true - am surprised to furry one hasn't piped up yet :)

Hint: they found it just Before the Time of Troubles and are going off seeking it again

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  11:10:01  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

Hint: they found it just Before the Time of Troubles and are going off seeking it again

Ahhhh... the legendary ring of RSE resistance!

YES YES YES the floor is yours! (errr unfortunately not )

Hint:
What they seek can be found near to where monks pass an initiation test by riding something very large

Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  10:03:45  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Wow! Before the Time of Troubles? That must have been quite early in the Realms publications, eh, Damian?

Aye it is as I am old and remember opening the OLD GREY BOX SET with great glee

Hint three (eerr two )
What they found belonged to the the first of something, that something made its living preying on others

Cheers

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  11:45:25  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know where to find this. I also know what they found, but as the method I used to find out the where involves Google, and I don't have the source, I cannot make a guess. I will hint that it can be found in some kind of Sourcebook under a "Nightal" entry.

Hope that didn't spoil it for you, Damian?

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  23:48:48  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

I know where to find this. I also know what they found, but as the method I used to find out the where involves Google, and I don't have the source, I cannot make a guess. I will hint that it can be found in some kind of Sourcebook under a "Nightal" entry.

Hope that didn't spoil it for you, Damian?

That is an excellent hint Kyrene, the sourcebook you mentioned for me is the One Great Basic Start to the wonder that is the Realms

Cheers

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  17:54:44  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

Yostur Ulhmond and Feenoch the five fingered rediscovered what in the recent past (pre spellplague)?

I believe that would be Barroch's Hold, the famed citadel of the first great bandit king of the Inner Sea.

(DM's Sourcebook of the Realms, p.40)

I still remember the day that my copy of the Old Grey Box came in the mail. I managed to pick it up for $9.00 off ebay. I spent an entire weekend just reading the books.

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  01:10:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wintermute27

I still remember the day that my copy of the Old Grey Box came in the mail. I managed to pick it up for $9.00 off ebay. I spent an entire weekend just reading the books.

I got my first copy so I'd know more about what I'd read in the FRA. A month or two later, the 2E boxed set was announced.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  22:36:54  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Amglaer, Enthandas, Shelmroun, and Tilithar are collectively know by what name?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  00:15:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Those four guys? The Marx Brothers? The two youts? N*SYNC? Am I getting close?

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  04:56:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jedward?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  13:49:35  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Jedward?

Had to google that one.

And so your path towards madness is begun *cackles*

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  04:17:14  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hint #1: They were first united in the Year of the Circling Vulture, but since the events of the Year of Moonfall the four have rarely been seen together.

Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2010 :  02:09:54  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hint #1: They were first united in the Year of the Circling Vulture, but since the events of the Year of Moonfall the four have rarely been seen together.

Hint #2: They are described in detail in a source book scribed by Ed Greenwood, though the cover does not mention his name.

Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2010 :  00:45:57  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hint #2: They are described in detail in a source book scribed by Ed Greenwood, though the cover does not mention his name.

I have been offering many Faithful Prayers to Selune that someone finds the answer to this question...

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  13:47:09  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I had completely forgotten about this thread. Well, due to Wintermute subtle hint, I managed to find the answer!

They are the 4 rings known as the Moonweb, some Selūnite magic items (Prayer from the Faithful p.63)

I'll be back later with a question (if anyone is still interested)
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  13:51:44  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, that was faster than I thought

Where can one find a Mecanical Scribe?
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  23:39:36  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Hmm, I had completely forgotten about this thread. Well, due to Wintermute subtle hint, I managed to find the answer!

They are the 4 rings known as the Moonweb, some Selūnite magic items (Prayer from the Faithful p.63)

I'll be back later with a question (if anyone is still interested)

That would be correct, sir. I was about to post an alternate question if it went on for much longer. I had given out about all the hints I could...

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  18:46:46  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where can one find a Mecanical Scribe?

Don't worry Wintermute, your last hint was clear enough

First hint: A mechanical scribe is a hand-set type printing press
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  15:37:17  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second hint: This building displays the grandest glories of Gond to the faithful and the curious for a small fee.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  13:55:26  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is my guess that people are no longer interested in this thread. I'm still going to try to revive it a little with a new hint

Third hint: The three major centres of worship of the city in which we can find this Mecanical Scribe are dedicated to Gond, Tymora, and Umberlee.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  14:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The House of Wonders in Baldur's Gate is the answer.

New question: why does Uthegenthal shave his head?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  14:37:21  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
indeed, good job Zireael, the floor is yours.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  15:04:30  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

He doesn't want to get infected by lice, of course.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  15:34:46  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As I recall, he had short, spiked hair, not shaved (might be from an older source). I have a guess for the answer, but I have to pass since I had the last question.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  23:47:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mrs. Uthegenthal didn't like it?

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  17:45:56  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

If she didn't, she'd have done much worst than just shave his head (oh, a hint about his race maybe? )
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2010 :  04:20:18  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

If she didn't, she'd have done much worst than just shave his head (oh, a hint about his race maybe? )

This is about a drow from one of Sasvatore's novels, but I don't remember enough to answer this and I don't have the books either.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2010 :  13:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this a Dead Topic?

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2010 :  16:58:00  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering that for a while now.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  00:15:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has, sadly, lost a lot of its steam.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000