Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Doc Filth
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  18:38:37  Show Profile  Visit Doc Filth's Homepage Send Doc Filth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, been off-line a few days.

Right, a clue that doesn't give it away directly: the answer is in a 2nd Edition book that has no maps in it.

Does that narrow it down at all?
Go to Top of Page

The_Silversword
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2010 :  22:32:56  Show Profile Send The_Silversword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That does narrow it down some, IM still clueless, but that eliminates Volo's Guides, and The North and The Great Glacier, which is where I was focusing my search.

Hmmmm a 2e book with no maps? Ahha got it, er no wait theres a map in that one, this is going to be harder than I thought!

I survived the Spellplague and all I got was this stupid sig.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  00:22:22  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Balduran??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Doc Filth
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2010 :  18:14:24  Show Profile  Visit Doc Filth's Homepage Send Doc Filth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope. I don't think we ever knew *where* he died.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  07:03:08  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that mage Agnazzar or something??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  07:04:19  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Filth

sure we do, he died at see in a bottle

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  11:36:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Filth

sure we do, he died at see in a bottle

He must have been awfully small, to fit into a bottle...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  15:14:01  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wrong bottle

he died at sea piss drunk

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  11:03:44  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hasandar Ilmeth who went insane creating the "Mighty Rune of the Master" for Deneir in 1322. He was roaming the rooftops of the abbey in Roaringford.

Prayers from the faithful(1997) pages 60-61
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  10:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who is the only kender in the Realms?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  11:50:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

Bah, another question I can't give a flip answer to!

Go to Top of Page

Doc Filth
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  08:02:45  Show Profile  Visit Doc Filth's Homepage Send Doc Filth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

Hasandar Ilmeth who went insane creating the "Mighty Rune of the Master" for Deneir in 1322. He was roaming the rooftops of the abbey in Roaringford.

Prayers from the faithful(1997) pages 60-61

Yay! :)
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  16:33:28  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Emilio Haversack, who was gated in via Sigil. I forget the source.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  16:36:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

Emilio Haversack, who was gated in via Sigil. I forget the source.

The end of the novel Tymora's Luck, by Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 Jun 2010 16:47:06
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  21:25:56  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, scribes! Time for a new question:Who possessed (circa 1370 DR) the sword Namarra, intending to use it as a gift to an aspiring king?
Good luck!

EDIT: BTW, this includes your first hint, since I will be at work all day tomorrow.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 26 Jun 2010 22:22:13
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  16:07:02  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, obviously it's time for a new clue: The person to whom the owner intends to give the sword is a descendant of the Torlath dynasty.
Good luck, Scribes!

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  16:59:20  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

quote:

Alright, obviously it's time for a new clue: The person to whom the owner intends to give the sword is a descendant of the Torlath dynasty.
Good luck, Scribes!

This doesn't happen to be a questioned derived from a computer game, would it? 'Cos you might want to take a quick look at the first page of this thread.

I haven't seen anything about Namarra since its theft from Tamper Tencoin.

Nope, this is bonafide canon Realmslore: It caught me WAY off guard when I saw it. It's almost hiding in plain sight, really.
So I guess it's time for today's clue:The current owner is a nobleman and a courtier, holding one of the highest posts in his nation

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2010 :  09:55:48  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, new hint: The current owner is a very overweight human male who is married to a younger woman of great beauty
I'm honestly a little astounded that Wooly hasn't gotten this one yet: So; Hamster-in-chief, do you know this and are holding back, or have I actually stumped you as well?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2010 :  11:52:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK, new hint: The current owner is a very overweight human male who is married to a younger woman of great beauty
I'm honestly a little astounded that Wooly hasn't gotten this one yet: So; Hamster-in-chief, do you know this and are holding back, or have I actually stumped you as well?

Oh, I know who it is... But I don't know which book it comes from, and I've not got a question of my own, so I'm leaving it out there.

Besides, this last clue really narrows it down.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2010 :  15:32:31  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The time he lost his wits and bashed Yorik in the head with the Battlehammer. Alas, poor Yorik, we knew him not a whit!

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2010 :  17:09:08  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on Capnvan: I read that tidbit last week and was like 'Whhaaaat?'. Good work.

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2010 :  16:13:55  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by capnvan

What important moment in the life of Bruenor Battlehammer did Feldegar and Yorik witness?

Well, everything leads me to think of the fall of Mithral Hall in Bruenor's younger days. But I have no clue of the product where it was written, and if there is any special detail that could be the true subject of the question.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 06 Jul 2010 23:25:35
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2010 :  11:41:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What important moment in the life of Bruenor Battlehammer did Feldegar and Yorik witness?

Hint: The cover of the product in which this story can be found has a subtitle of sorts: "In the darkness dwell things darker still."

Bonus Hint: It was published in 1989. Barely.

Ah, that clue did it. If this question remains out there, when I get home from work, I'll take it.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  05:51:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They witnessed Bruenor earning the first notch in his blade -- his first kill, an ettin near Mithril Hall. 'Twas in the short story "The First Notch," pages 44-9 of Dragon 152.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  05:54:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now, my first question in quite some time. What is unusual about Aragus, the leader of a small Waterdhavian caravan company?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  06:07:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And now, my first question in quite some time. What is unusual about Aragus, the leader of a small Waterdhavian caravan company?

Ooooh! Ooooh! I was only reading through this section yesterday. But since I'm notoriously unreliable when it comes to preparing my own questions, I'll leave this for another scribe.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  09:29:55  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice one WR

Aragus is a Helmed Horror, albeit a free willed intelligent one

The most recent lore is here towards the bottom of the page

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 09 Jul 2010 09:31:09
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  11:42:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. He's first described on page 42 of Halls of the High King.

I didn't expect such a quick answer!

The floor is yours, crazed.

Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  17:21:23  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed. He's first described on page 42 of Halls of the High King.

I didn't expect such a quick answer!

The floor is yours, crazed.

Thanks WR

Yostur Ulhmond and Feenoch the five fingered rediscovered what in the recent past (pre spellplague).

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2010 :  21:36:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

Yostur Ulhmond and Feenoch the five fingered rediscovered what in the recent past (pre spellplague).

Can we assume it wasn't a discount?

What a Wooly-ish answer

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: