Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  03:57:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

I've been waiting for someone to indicate the next questioner. In lieu of anyone else stepping to the plate in the last 48 hours...

I'd say it was you, since you gave a more complete answer. And it's perhaps due to the Sage's gremlins, but I'd not seen any posts in this thread in a couple of days -- it didn't show up on Active Topics.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  03:58:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who described the smell of a dragon as "a powerful musk with an edge to it reminiscent of the scent of the lemon blossom?

A dimwitted halfling who quickly became a small pile of ashes?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  05:15:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I've been waiting for someone to indicate the next questioner. In lieu of anyone else stepping to the plate in the last 48 hours...

I'd say it was you, since you gave a more complete answer. And it's perhaps due to the Sage's gremlins, but I'd not seen any posts in this thread in a couple of days -- it didn't show up on Active Topics.

It might be. I've been tinkering with some basic ideas for Candlekeep 2, but only over the last 24 hours.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2010 :  00:27:50  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I was holding off because I didn't want to answer the question immediately following one of my own, but here it is:

Smerdiuk Dragonbane, famed dragonslayer of Arabel.
(Draconomicon 2nd ed., p.80)

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2010 :  22:58:25  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the next question is:

What is the gruff-voiced, bearded wizard Shambarin "Shadowcloak"'s big secret?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  00:23:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wintermute27

And the next question is:

What is the gruff-voiced, bearded wizard Shambarin "Shadowcloak"'s big secret?

He was previously known as Elvis Presley?

Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  13:33:49  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is actually (or used to be) a female Amnian thief called Keltie "Silkhips"
Silmar. (Forgotten Realms Adventures in the Berdusk section I believe).

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  01:17:47  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

He is actually (or used to be) a female Amnian thief called Keltie "Silkhips"
Silmar. (Forgotten Realms Adventures in the Berdusk section I believe).

You are correct, sir!
The floor is yours.

Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  19:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm...well...since I haven´t really read through all posts in this thread I hope it hasn´t been asked before, but here goes...

Which establishment offers the possibility of disposing of corpses in a lime pit somewhere beneath it, if the "correct" person is contacted?

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  15:35:30  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

Umm...well...since I haven´t really read through all posts in this thread I hope it hasn´t been asked before, but here goes...

Which establishment offers the possibility of disposing of corpses in a lime pit somewhere beneath it, if the "correct" person is contacted?

Somewhere in Baldur's Gate. Gimme a few to look it up...

Edit: The "correct" person would be Nantrin Bellowglyn who owns the Three Old Kegs, an inn nearby (end of Chapter 6, Under Fallen Stars by Mel Odom)

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Edited by - Kyrene on 04 Apr 2010 15:55:37
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  14:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely correct, floor´s all yours.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  14:53:01  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who or what is Fez?

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  00:04:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Who or what is Fez?

The guy on That 70's Show, the one whose nationality was never quite revealed. But that's not a Realms question...

Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  02:17:58  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Who or what is Fez?

The guy on That 70's Show, the one whose nationality was never quite revealed. But that's not a Realms question...

Well, the character from That 70's Show was Fes, short for Foreign Exchange Student. Perhaps this question is about a Foreign Exchange Zulkir? Why someone would sign up for that program, I have no idea. Just imagine getting Szass Tam as your exchange student...

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  08:41:31  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kinda thought this would be easier than it seems to be...

Clue: He/she/it is no longer what he/she/it used to be.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  07:06:27  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clue: He/she/it constantly salivates.

Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  15:00:05  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a member/author/judge for the NASCRAG gaming group, I was kinda surprised to see this question.

Nascrag runs one of the larger tournaments at GenCon each year and Fez was our first (and still favorite) time-traveling NPC wizard who stared is six of our modules. More about our Fez (as opposed to the FR one) can be found on our website, located here: here

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849

Edited by - Halidan on 08 Apr 2010 15:09:20
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  15:12:16  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The closest I can come to an Realms NPC named Fezz is an NPC who wears one. It's Bani Matruj al-Haddar (who also calls himself the Silent Sheikh). He is a goblin (rogue 4) who is also a talkative information broker and barber. The source is Al Qadim's Assassin Mountain module.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  16:07:33  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope. Sorry, Halidan, but neither your Fez, nor Fezz is the correct answer.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  16:09:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummmm....how about Fezzz???

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  16:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it a nickname for Kezef the Chaos Hound???

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  09:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Ummmm....how about Fezzz???

Nope. Also no versions of Fez^(2-n), except Fez^1 would be correct.
quote:
Is it a nickname for Kezef the Chaos Hound???

Nope, but on some level a normal hound and Fez might have had something in common at some stage. (That's not a formal clue, which I'll post another of again tomorrow, but can be considered one.)

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2010 :  14:10:19  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clue: He/she/it is the companion of Rolanda Invenweigh of the infamous region known as the Battle of Bones.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  09:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Brains! Brains!

Indeed!

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  09:18:24  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess I will be looking thru my Elminster Ecologies: Battle of Bones book.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  03:52:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What swiftly spreading Sembian phrase comes from an old, nearly forgotten, play?

"By the power of Greyskull!" It's from the little-known "Him-Dude" play.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  13:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What swiftly spreading Sembian phrase comes from an old, nearly forgotten, play?

That question has no "street cred" at all.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2010 :  13:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

That question has no "street cred" at all.

Just for that, you can only answer if you tell me the name of the play!

Since it's been almost a tenday since this has been asked, I'm going to assume nobody knows. I am therefore well within my rights to say:
“metal enough” - (from a line in an old, largely forgotten play, Morlos the Mad Merchant: “There’s metal enough in his bottom for him to hold down that throne.”) the swiftly spreading Sembian term for “street credit” (Power of Faerûn by Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd)

For my question, I want to know:
What is Zelzing?

Edited by - Kyrene on 22 Apr 2010 13:33:00
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2010 :  13:46:43  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If i remember correctly from So Saith Ed, Zelzing is some sort of oath used in combat is it not?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  00:35:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

For my question, I want to know:
What is Zelzing?

When you zelze someone, of course!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 23 Apr 2010 00:36:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000