Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2008 :  08:33:40  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

[What is the name of the establishment owned by the "Laughing Laundress of Neverwinter"?

Had to go through three sources to find the answer to this one: It's not in Ed's original Wyrms of the North article on the person in question, nor is it in the Champions of Valor section about the Soft Claws, but it can be found in the short Dragons of Faerūn write-up of Zundaerazylym, "the Laughing Wyrm."

Oh, you want the answer too. It's: [b]Bright Weaves Laundry.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2008 :  09:26:07  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

[What is the name of the establishment owned by the "Laughing Laundress of Neverwinter"?

Had to go through three sources to find the answer to this one: It's not in Ed's original Wyrms of the North article on the person in question, nor is it in the Champions of Valor section about the Soft Claws, but it can be found in the short Dragons of Faerūn write-up of Zundaerazylym, "the Laughing Wyrm."

Oh, you want the answer too. It's: Bright Weaves Laundry.

It is actually also in Ed's Wyrms of the North article (Dragon Magazine #259), but it's a single line reference concerning her treasure hoard, easily overlooked: "It is not buried underground, in the Mask, or in Nelaerdra's Bright Weaves Laundry." I actually almost overlooked it myself while trying to compile the question.

Nevertheless you are correct, and the next question belongs to you.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2008 :  12:31:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, you want the answer too. It's: Bright Weaves Laundry.

It is actually also in Ed's Wyrms of the North article (Dragon Magazine #259), but it's a single line reference concerning her treasure hoard, easily overlooked: "It is not buried underground, in the Mask, or in Nelaerdra's Bright Weaves Laundry." I actually almost overlooked it myself while trying to compile the question.

Nevertheless you are correct, and the next question belongs to you.

The Wyrms of the North articles are online, too. The link to that one is http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20040421a

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  12:35:06  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well since I was right I guess I have to come up with a question... which could take a while since I haven't got my books with me at the moment. If I haven't posted something by 18:00 forum-time tomorrow, someone else can feel free to do so without worrying about me getting testy about it.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  23:51:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the interum, I'd like to just "throw one ot there", rules free.

What 2e FR product was released by WotC, not TSR?

(I believe there was only one, so if I'm wrong, don't shoot me)

Not stealing Kajehase's question, just filling in some time here (I'm trapped away from home and my sources and BORED out of my mind).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  00:02:22  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna vote for Cloak & Dagger....

Am I right, Oh Bored One?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  00:23:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, that be the one.

<we need a pirate smiley>

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  08:11:53  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Aye, that be the one.

<we need a pirate smiley>

IIRC there was yet another product that qualifies - the adventure module Dungeon of Death.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  08:40:28  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I'm back! (In case anyone wonderd why it would take me so long to come up with a good question, it's because the computer I use for internet-access and my FR-books are in two different houses.)

What is a Zonth?

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  09:26:54  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And I'm back! (In case anyone wonderd why it would take me so long to come up with a good question, it's because the computer I use for internet-access and my FR-books are in two different houses.)

What is a Zonth?

Now, if I am not mistaken - and I double-checked to be sure I am not - Zonth is an Electrum coin of Memnon. (see Empires of Sand, p. 53)

Am I correct?

Edited by - Ergdusch on 26 May 2008 09:38:51
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  10:02:02  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ja. Sehr gut. You could also have checked Empires of the Shining Sea.

Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 26 May 2008 10:02:43
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  10:29:04  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! A little faster comes the next question than, which I believe to be a tough one. Good luck to you all.

The Siremun Kingdom has grown wealthy selling a special mineral. What is this unique mineral called?

Edited by - Ergdusch on 26 May 2008 10:34:47
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  15:19:46  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scererar jumps up and down in the back of the classroom.

I have the answer, but the rules of the game say I need to wait a couple of more days after answering another question.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  19:51:15  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will try Skystone ?
I found something like that in The Horde

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  21:01:18  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what it is, but I can't recall the name.
I could just re-download that Web Enhancement again from where I am, but I'll let others have a crack at it.

Hint: Hubadai likes it a lot.

Not much of a hint, really....

Also Semphar....

Edited by - Markustay on 26 May 2008 21:02:32
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  22:04:56  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skystone is the answer I was looking for! Congratulations my frensh friend!

References to this piece of Realmslore are in the 2nd Ed. sourcebook The Horde campaign setting and more recently in the Dragon Magazine 349, p. 55.

So than, Fillow, the next question is yours!

Edited by - Ergdusch on 26 May 2008 22:06:37
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  00:43:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No wonder I didn't remember it.... that doesn't even ring a bell.

Was that the Crystaline substance (which I suspect)?

I may have been thinking of the unique Purple Stone of the Raurin...

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  04:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excuse me for the delays !
Yesterday night, I had difficulties to reach pages of the forum. I did not stop to refresh but every thing went wrong !

So, what could I say... an easy one...

Who was the second Faerūnian owner of Crenshinibon ? (After Akar)

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  07:31:06  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

No wonder I didn't remember it.... that doesn't even ring a bell.

Was that the Crystaline substance (which I suspect)?

I may have been thinking of the unique Purple Stone of the Raurin...

I was a little perplex about your 'Hint' concerning Hubadai. Could not recall any info on skystones in the Hordes article web enhancement or in Hubadai's write-up.

Anyhow, skystone is a crystaline stone that the gold dwarves of the firepeaks (called Siremun by the Tuigans) mine and tint in various colors to sell near and far. So now you are correct, Markustay.

quote:

Thats a great one!

Edited by - Ergdusch on 27 May 2008 07:35:18
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  12:18:57  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:

Thats a great one!

Is it ironic my dear European neighbour ?
I must admit I wrote this question 15 minutes after my wake-up !
So, it might be unsensed... is it ?
Feel free to ask another one if I failed ! No probs for me.

I prefer answering than asking !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  16:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Jarlaxle?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  17:30:25  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who was the second Faerļæ½nian owner of Crenshinibon ? (After Akar)

I believe you are looking for Stumpet Rakingclaw. Jarlaxle is a bit down the line.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  04:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

quote:

Who was the second Faerunian owner of Crenshinibon ? (After Akar)

I believe you are looking for Stumpet Rakingclaw. Jarlaxle is a bit down the line.

That's the answer I thought about.
So, IMHO, you're right ShadezofDis.

Your question please...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  15:37:00  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That's the answer I thought about.
So, IMHO, you're right ShadezofDis.

Your question please...

Good deal.

Who was Transtra's teacher?

As an initial hint, since this is a bit obscure (I think *g*) is that the teacher is a famous wizard.

Edited by - ShadezofDis on 28 May 2008 15:37:42
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  16:57:21  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats a great one!

No, no! I really ment that! I liked the question, truely! Not that I had the answer right away but I recalled the stories from the books - which were the very first FR novels I read, btw. So what I ment to say was rather 'Thank you for bring up great memories!'

Anyhow, on with the next question, which I will re-post as not to confuse anyone dropping in on this. So the new question by ShadezofDiz is:

quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

As an initial hint, since this is a bit obscure (I think *g*) is that the teacher is a famous wizard.

Edited by - Ergdusch on 28 May 2008 16:59:39
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  17:18:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to interrupt this thread... (it is all about THE LORE, right?)

In earlier (The Horde) sources, the Siremun (I believe) were mentioned to use the Purple Stone of the Raurin, and were known for it. The only reference to the Crytaline substance was regarding Semphar (IIRC).

I'm not near any of my sources or notes, so please forgive any errors on my part - but I found in some obscure source the name of the purple stone (which is different from the Crystal). Now, I think when the Horde article came out, it added in the 'colorization', which had the unfortunate effect of creating Purple Crytal in the same region as the Purple stone. The article alos mentioned Hubadai using the Siremun Dwarves (it may have been in the WE) for all of his government buildings, and my recollection of the Siremun Dwarves having access to the 'Raurin Stone', and using it a lot in their building. That is probably what made me think that Hubadai's offices were made from it (the article only mentioned stone structures, but not what kind of stone, IIRC).

To confuse matters even more, a THIRD mineral substance was added to the region in the Darkvision novels, which is just like the Skystone, except it seems to exhibit some psionic properties as well (and if I recall, also may have had some purple tint to it).

Damn, I wish I was home - going on three weeks now! - then I could double check all of this... my memory ain't what it used to be.

On the bright side, now we can assume Athrogate's maces were from Siremun, and not have to sit and wonder how a Dwarf got Elves to build non-Elven weapons for him, out of a substance they normally keep only for themselves (I also forget the name of that 'grown' crystal). <sigh>

On Topic:
Without my books, I'd only be guessing, so I can't answer...

"Who was Transtra's teacher?"

Edited by - Markustay on 28 May 2008 17:24:26
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  19:38:43  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats a great one!

No, no! I really ment that! I liked the question, truely! Not that I had the answer right away but I recalled the stories from the books - which were the very first FR novels I read, btw. So what I ment to say was rather 'Thank you for bring up great memories!'

Thanks Erg'.

And Thanks to Markustay for the explanatiosn about these stones.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  15:50:25  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A clue for;

Transtra is a leader of a powerful slaving group and a member of a coalition of such leaders.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  19:54:55  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who was Transtra's teacher ?
Transtra is a leader of a powerful slaving group and a member of a coalition of such leaders.

Never read about him ! her ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  21:02:33  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who was Transtra's teacher ?

Never read about him ! her ?

Fine, fine, it's a her.

That's two clues!!!

Heh, sorry, couldn't help myself.

Like I said, it's a bit obscure, I've been looking at slaver groups recently and plucked it from some of the lore I'd been reading.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000