Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  15:48:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent question, Krash! I love where you got that one from.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  21:38:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes....

Ormath is on the Warpath!!!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  22:40:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one Krash! You almost made me go back to "the books" to look it up.

Almost.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  03:21:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time for a hint:

Recent novels have caused this organisation some problems.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  00:29:11  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time for another hint:

This organisation says that Maglas got it wrong.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  04:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Time for another hint:

This organisation says that Maglas got it wrong.

-- George Krashos

My best guess is the Cult of the Dragon.

Ionik Knight

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  10:04:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done Ionik Knight. The reference in question comes from the old "Elminster's Notebook" DRAGON article series.

The floor is yours.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  12:33:19  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who is the half-orc whose tact allowed him to establish a fine relationship with the dwarves at Ironspur?

Ionik Knight

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  12:40:08  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionik Knight

Who is the half-orc whose tact allowed him to establish a fine relationship with the dwarves at Ironspur?

Ionik Knight

Hint: I pulled this from a 2ed source, this half-orc collects unusual or "wierd" weapons.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.

Edited by - Ionik Knight on 17 Dec 2008 12:40:38
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2008 :  16:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ionik Knight

Hint: I pulled this from a 2ed source, this half-orc collects unusual or "wierd" weapons.

Hint: Leads the Wacky Weapon Wielders, a troupe of half-orcs from Palishchuk, who settled in Vaasan Gate--sometime between 1357-1359.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  03:19:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weird Wingham, pg. 60, Bloodstone Lands.

He also played a semi-major role in the Jarlaxle novels, in his retired, 3e 'day job', IIRC.

I don't have a question ready, but I have a piece of trivia to hold everyone over (and besides, I'm supposed to wait for a confirmation).

This isn't Realms Lore, but it is an interesting D&D tidbit I came across the other day - as we know, two of our scribes have made appearances in source material - George Krashos and Kuje. Erik Mona also made an appearance in a D&D product - does anyone happen to know what product, and what location from that world was named for him (in part)?

Like I said, thats not my question - I just found it interesting.

If someone else would like to grab this question before I come up with one, be my guest.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Dec 2008 03:22:24
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  04:06:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three! Don't forget about Rupert's Way!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  04:17:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be immortalised in the official Realmslore eventually.

Really.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  04:30:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly Rhinos appeared in one of the MM's, if I recall.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  13:08:20  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Weird Wingham, pg. 60, Bloodstone Lands.

He also played a semi-major role in the Jarlaxle novels, in his retired, 3e 'day job', IIRC.

Confirmation given, good job.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  15:03:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my real FR question - 'Nemesis' is the nickname of one of the characters in the popular TV show Heroes this season - what god has a set of speciality priests thusly named?

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Dec 2008 15:04:10
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  16:29:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll give a big hint for my first 'non-question' (really just trivia) - the Landmass named after him was Hepmonaland. How you figured out the product and entry?

As for the second, REAL one... I don't think it needs a hint (which is in itself a hint), plus it's probably still too early for one.

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Dec 2008 16:35:43
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2008 :  17:27:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint: to find that speciality priest, its a Kit located in a book very appropriate to find such a thing.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2008 :  14:59:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No takers for either?

The answer to the trivia was Erik Mona made an 'appearance' in the Greyhawk product The Scarlet Brotherhood as the explorer Eri-hep-Mona, whom Hepmonaland was named after.

If no-one gets the "Nemesis" question today, I'll be back later with another hint for that one.

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Dec 2008 21:33:24
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2008 :  19:25:54  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here's my real FR question - 'Nemesis' is the nickname of one of the characters in the popular TV show Heroes this season - what god has a set of speciality priests thusly named?

HOAR!!!!!!!!!!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2008 :  21:34:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correct answer... Source?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2008 :  02:16:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Correct answer... Source?

Warriors and Priests of the Realms

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2008 :  06:21:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely correct.

Nice going... you're up.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2008 :  17:21:30  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thusly ? What does it mean ? something made from "Thus" ? as "therefore", "as a consequence" ?
I just cannot understand what is the role of this word in the phrase ! Is the naming of those priests a consequence of the TV show ? I don't think so ! So where is this named consequence ?
Sorry for such an annoying question fellow scribes. Just want to clear my mind about it !

P.S. : I'm back !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2008 :  21:43:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you making fun of my English?

'Thusly' refers to the name 'Nemesis'; not any of the other stuff I included just to make the question more 'topical'.

And besides, its been answered already, but we don't seem to have a question pending.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2008 :  22:43:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And besides, its been answered already, but we don't seem to have a question pending.

Well, it's Alistair's go, but he's not been here since Christmas Day. He's prolly spending time with family or something, so I think we can wait a couple more days until he gets back.

Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2009 :  07:12:28  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's January 3rd, and it has been nine days, is the thread dead, did I miss it?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2009 :  15:11:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Alistair has the next question, but he's not been back since Christmas... Would you like to take the next question, or shall I?

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2009 :  18:43:06  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is what I hope is an obscure question:

The Nomad of Scars is a NPC name that has only appeared in one
Realms book (that I know of). What book do you find it in?
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2009 :  18:55:48  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

...question: The Nomad of Scars is a NPC name that has only appeared in one Realms book (that I know of). What book do you find it in?

I only have one entry for him or her in my (incomplete) index, from Fall of Myth Drannor.

When the Army of Darkness engulfed the city during the First Sieges, many of these newer, less-devoted wizards showed their true colors and either deserted the city in its time of need or cowered in fear far from the battles in Myth Drannor’s streets and groves. Some, falsely believing that appeasement might dissuade the nycaloths from their purpose or at least spare their own lives, even turned traitor on their own people and joined the Army of Darkness. Notable examples of these craven mages include Azimer, Druth Daern, Nezras “the Traitor,” and the mysterious, emaciated, and bitter half-elf known only as “the Nomad of Scars.”

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000