Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  00:04:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Undt now, a question from me...

Who is the father of Emmeros Silmerhelve?

Strangely, I think I've actually forgotten this.

Good question, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  00:33:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Undt now, a question from me...

Who is the father of Emmeros Silmerhelve?

Strangely, I think I've actually forgotten this.

Good question, though.

Wow, I think that's the first time you've not had the answer as soon as the question was posted!

This one prolly won't be too difficult. It was a bit of Realmslore I recently stumbled across, while reading something else.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Tabardad
Acolyte

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  01:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Tabardad's Homepage Send Tabardad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hrm.. Okay, shot in the dark, but I think I remember reading something about Volo being the father? Hrm, don't quote me on that until I can find where I read it.

Whoa!

Edited by - Tabardad on 08 Dec 2008 01:32:56
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  02:01:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tabardad

Hrm.. Okay, shot in the dark, but I think I remember reading something about Volo being the father? Hrm, don't quote me on that until I can find where I read it.

Well, even though you don't have the reference (Dragon 250, page 80; the article is also online: Nymmurh, "The Wyrm Who Watches"), you do have the correct answer. So the next question is yours.

Go to Top of Page

Tabardad
Acolyte

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  02:44:05  Show Profile  Visit Tabardad's Homepage Send Tabardad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, here's my question.

Which spell has this description?

All living creatures within the area (to a maximum of 80 HD) wither and die, their flesh falling to dust in seconds. The next round, these creatures rise as skeletons. You can control 1 HD of undead per caster level; any undead beyond this number are uncontrolled.

Note that this isn't the entire description, just part of it.

Not the greatest question, my first shot at this so bare with me. :)

Whoa!

Edited by - Tabardad on 08 Dec 2008 02:45:34
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  03:12:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tabardad

Well, even though you don't have the reference (Dragon 250, page 80; the article is also online: Nymmurh, "The Wyrm Who Watches"), you do have the correct answer. So the next question is yours.

That's the one!

I appreciate the reminder Tabardad. Though, I can't believe I forgot about poor ol' Volo.

Go to Top of Page

Tabardad
Acolyte

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  03:30:37  Show Profile  Visit Tabardad's Homepage Send Tabardad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha, no problem Sage. Complete luck I was able to remember it though. lol

Whoa!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  06:14:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, that be the ugly brute, Wooly.

And I see we've already gone two questions ahead - nice bit about Volo.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  18:06:21  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the keep Tabardad?
Do I mistake or that's the first RPG question since the quizz began ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  19:12:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming it's an FR-specific spell, otherwise it's an 'illegal' question.

Not that it's any big deal... I'm just saying...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  19:37:57  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be "Horrible army of the dead", an epic spell from Player's guide to Faerun 3.5

ugh, now I've gotta find a question, gimme a few minutes
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  19:53:52  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay that should do it.

Naergoth Bladelord is a warlord of one of Faerun’s major evil organization. He has been given command of an important task. He doesn’t care much for this assignment because the organization doesn’t give him enough resources to be effective. Unknown to him, help is on the way. What is this task and what kind of help has been sent?

Edited by - Kilvan on 10 Dec 2008 02:29:29
Go to Top of Page

Tabardad
Acolyte

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  03:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Tabardad's Homepage Send Tabardad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, it was an FR specific question. :)

Good answer, and even better question, Kilvan. :)

Whoa!

Edited by - Tabardad on 09 Dec 2008 03:41:49
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2008 :  12:16:34  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm might have been a little difficult, here's a hint. The rank of those who gave him his assignment was "Wearer of Purple". Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2008 :  15:20:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Hmm might have been a little difficult, here's a hint. The rank of those who gave him his assignment was "Wearer of Purple". Hope that helps.

I found the answer yesterday... It wasn't in the first book I thought of (which was the obvious one to check for this guy), but it was in the second, which was also a very logical place to look. It helped, though, that this is one NPC that I've known of for a very long time.

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2008 :  16:52:19  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I found the answer yesterday... It wasn't in the first book I thought of (which was the obvious one to check for this guy), but it was in the second, which was also a very logical place to look. It helped, though, that this is one NPC that I've known of for a very long time.

Looks like you might as well say the answers Wooly, or should I find another hint?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2008 :  17:01:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Looks like you might as well say the answers Wooly, or should I find another hint?

Another hint. I've already asnwered and asked a couple of questions recently, and I prefer to give others a shot.

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2008 :  17:22:31  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Another hint. I've already asnwered and asked a couple of questions recently, and I prefer to give others a shot.

Okay, here we go: The task takes place in a long-extinct volcano. Within its depths lies an ancient dragon graveyard, where the great beasts go to perish when their time is nigh. This information is of course, well-known to this organization.
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2008 :  22:16:15  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I won't have access to my books until tomorrow evening, so even though I have an inkling of an idea, I can't answer the question.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  00:10:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scribes, scribes, this one is EASY. (Sigh.)
I mean, many Faerunians wear purple, but there aren't all that many Wearers of the Purple, if ye know what I mean.
Put on thy thinking caps, and put down the Playelf magazines and home-made drawings of me in naught but stockings and garters, and THINK.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  00:33:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know the answer. Can I continue perusing those drawings?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  00:36:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our wondrous Lady Herald of Realmslore knows the art of distraction well. And the art of seduction too, it seems.

I do agree, though. 'Tis an easy one. But I made a promise to Wooly, and I intend to stick with it.

Let's hear from the rest of you.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  01:51:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Our wondrous Lady Herald of Realmslore knows the art of distraction well. And the art of seduction too, it seems.

I do agree, though. 'Tis an easy one. But I made a promise to Wooly, and I intend to stick with it.

Let's hear from the rest of you.

I'm not sure what promise you're referring to, since this isn't my question.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  03:05:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I said a while back that I wouldn't come in and answer every question when the rules allowed me to. And I've found that to make it easier to adhere to that, I don't check this scroll every day...

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  03:18:10  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well thanks Wooly, Sage and THO, I was really starting to think that my question was too difficult. C'mon scribes! You can get his one, there have been some questions waaaaay more difficult before.
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  06:38:35  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay that should do it.

Naergoth Bladelord is a warlord of one of Faerun’s major evil organization. He has been given command of an important task. He doesn’t care much for this assignment because the organization doesn’t give him enough resources to be effective. Unknown to him, help is on the way. What is this task and what kind of help has been sent?

Nice lore question, Kilvan! It sent me on a hunt through several tomes of FR lore before finding it in Lords of Darkness (3rd Ed.) [p.25]: Naergoth Bladelord is responsible for constructing a fortress to guard the Well of Dragons. Unbeknownst to him, the Wearers of Purple have sent the red dragon Arsekaslyx to aid him in building it and fending off attacks.
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  06:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, for whatever reason this bit of lore popped into my head, so I'll run with it:

The Moonsharran captain Carreigh Macumail once attended a feast where, because of what he did at the feast, later brought tears to the guest of honor's eyes. What did Captain Macumail do to elicit such a reaction?
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  12:32:51  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aysen

Okay, for whatever reason this bit of lore popped into my head, so I'll run with it:

The Moonsharran captain Carreigh Macumail once attended a feast where, because of what he did at the feast, later brought tears to the guest of honor's eyes. What did Captain Macumail do to elicit such a reaction?

Attaboy Aysen, good answer. And I have absolutely no idea about he one to your question... yet
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  14:10:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Attaboy Aysen, good answer. And I have absolutely no idea about he one to your question... yet

Nor do I, but I can only think of one sourcebook that the good captain was in, so that should make it easier.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  14:23:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

He played and sang a moving rendition of the "Ballad of Jarsali and the Treant" (Elves of Evermeet, p.18).

My question is:

Ucharntar Sendril of Sendril's Silks in Ormath is an agent of which organisation?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000