Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  11:50:28  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for reassuring Sage.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  13:04:42  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time for a hint about the 72nd question of the quizz :

- The second Cynosure I quoted is a different one from that used in the first sentence...

I remind the question :
72- Everybody knows that the only way in and out of Cynosure is through portals. But it exists a manner to penetrate the Cynosure without any specific power nor divine intervention.
What is the way to do it and where does one have to go to do it ?

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  19:31:13  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll take a stab at this one, as it's puzzled me for several days.

As you've hinted, Fillow, there are two separate Cynosures.

One is the neutral demiplane in the Ethereal Plane which contains the meeting place of the Faerunian pantheon (or, more specifically, the Circle of Greater Powers) [Faiths and Avatars, p23].

Another is the former Temple of the Overgod Ao, erected in Waterdeep by the cult of Ao after the Time of Troubles and now used as a rental hall by the Lords of Waterdeep [Faiths & Avatars, p30; City of Splendors, p60-61].

Therefore, it's possible for all to enter Cynosure (Waterdeep's rental hall) while practically impossible to enter Cynosure (demiplane in the Ethereal).

How did I do, Fill?
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  19:40:44  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy to read you agian monknwildcat !
Indeed, you're right.
One does not need divine intervention to penetrate the Waterdeep's Cynosure !

The floor is yours to ask the 73rd question of the quizz...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  15:45:01  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Fillow!

Next question...

Question 73: This scion of one of Faerūn's most notorious families married into a neighboring ruling family and was wrongly villainized for the resulting nigh destruction of that dynasty.

edit: complying with Fillow's format

Edited by - monknwildcat on 08 Oct 2008 22:54:12
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  19:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Monk', the question, with bold characters, bold ones !

And what about adding the number of the question ? (In fact, it could help me when I copy the questions in to the FR Trivia Challenge, questions and answers thread !)

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  05:21:30  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a ot Monk'.
I'm afraid that the format does not help me to find the answer !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  11:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Monknwilcat, could we please get a hint now ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  11:52:59  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat
Question 73: This scion of one of Faerūn's most notorious families married into a neighboring ruling family and was wrongly villainized for the resulting nigh destruction of that dynasty.

My bad, Fillow!

HINT: Our maligned one's identity may be located in an intriguing source.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2008 :  20:04:18  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would say the source where we will find the answer could be the TSR1159, Lands of intrigue?...
I will wait for your help to look for it. (a simple yes or no could be a quite good beginning !)

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  00:40:16  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

2nd Hint: Our maligned one proved tethered to her husband's dynasty.

My apologies for not earlier posting further clues, faithful Fillow.

But, yes, you're on the mark with the source I used to generate this trivia question!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  02:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arhymeria Shoon?
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  02:27:11  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done, Ifthir!

Arhymeria Shoon, per Lands of Intrigue, p28.

Welcome to the Keep! The next question is yours!

Edited by - monknwildcat on 14 Oct 2008 02:29:55
Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  02:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question 74: This well-known wizard, born in Waterdeep in the Year of the Lynx (1189 DR), was exiled from the City of Splendors in the Year of the Lone Candle (1238 DR).

Edited by - Ifthir on 14 Oct 2008 07:36:17
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  05:14:08  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Ifthir and welcome to the keep.

You can delete your hint. We provide our scribes with a hint only if the question has found no answer within the first 24 hours.
Have a look to the rules in the first page of this thread, here.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  06:54:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, another fave NPC!

I had a bit of a hard time finding this one. I don't know why I thought of some of the related sources, but not the one this question comes from.

It's not even been two weeks since I answered one... I know I'm in the safe zone, by my own rules, but I'm still giving someone else a chance. Besides, I once more failed to have a question prepared.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  13:41:46  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the answer is : Priamon "Frostrune" Rakesk

I think it is from Lands of Intrigue.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 14 Oct 2008 13:48:51
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  14:08:00  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who struck a deal with the Blackstaff to deal with Frostrune rather than "taking care of him" themself?

Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  16:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I think the answer is : Priamon "Frostrune" Rakesk

I think it is from Lands of Intrigue.

This is correct! It is from Undermountain: Stardock.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2008 :  20:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do I misunderstand or the new question deals with the same character than the previous one ?
And... is it not a good day for a hint ?

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 15 Oct 2008 20:48:24
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2008 :  22:06:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Do I misunderstand or the new question deals with the same character than the previous one ?
And... is it not a good day for a hint ?

It is about the same character as the last question.

As for a hint......Hmmmmm

A blue friend.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  20:47:19  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the Twisted Rune members of course !
How stupid I could be !!

EDIT : in fact, I'm not sure about my proposal... I wait for a confirmation to ask the next one.

EDIT2 : Feel free to ask the next one on my turn. I've no question ATM...

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 16 Oct 2008 20:54:28
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  21:17:32  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

the Twisted Rune members of course !
How stupid I could be !!

EDIT : in fact, I'm not sure about my proposal... I wait for a confirmation to ask the next one.

EDIT2 : Feel free to ask the next one on my turn. I've no question ATM...

I am looking for a particular member and "blue" is a hint for his name.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  04:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Allright Red One.
I just thought to the all members because your question ends with themself.
No time to look for him this morning.
Read you tonight...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  17:43:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That blue dragon! Wussisname?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  22:38:47  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

That blue dragon! Wussisname?

Ok, for todays hint.....

He was a blue dragon

He is now something that fits the Twisted Rune's style better!

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  03:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The blue dracolich.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  04:05:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe, with the name all but given away, that no one has gotten it yet...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  04:45:54  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surely an easy one but his name is not in my mind and I've no time to look for him these days...
Maybe tonight...
Have a good day.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  06:00:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I can't believe, with the name all but given away, that no one has gotten it yet...

Maybe some of us just like giving other scribes a chance before answering it for ourselves?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000