Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  03:04:24  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okeydoke, hint the fourth.

The source in which this Cook's Tale is told may be older than some, but it still shines.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  13:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes! Capnvn, you are correct. "The Bloodrun" rings a bell, but I doubt your question will stand five days!

Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  14:28:41  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was sure I was going to get this one but then I realised that it's The Twisted Run I was thinking of.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  20:11:39  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too many days I did not play !

Where is the Bloodrun?
I will try to answer that The Bloodrun is over the Dragon Beach, the harbor of Luskan, in the North
I read that in The North - Cities, on page 24.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  21:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking back at that, I realize that it sounded like I was bragging about how long my question was up, which is not what I meant, sorry! I just meant that I didn't think I'd have a chance to answer yours since I have to wait five days.

And as it happens, what I was thinking was completely off the mark so I wouldn't have got it in any case! I haven't "been up North" yet in my return to the Realms.

Okay, Fillow. What's next?

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2008 :  09:45:55  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tourism question :

Symbolized with a stylized map on a scroll, this organization was formed to provide travelers with reputable, skilled guides for hire to visit a sombre region of the Realms.
What organization am I talking about ?

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  04:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
time for a hint :
The sombre region I told about is the .....dark one !

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 29 Sep 2008 05:00:52
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  05:33:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I know who you're talking about now. I don't recall the name, but I know where to look.

But since I don't have another question handy at the moment, I'll leave it alone -- at least until maņana eve.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  20:04:25  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How fair play are our scribes !
I really love this Keep !!

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  13:49:21  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oh, I know who you're talking about now. I don't recall the name, but I know where to look.

But since I don't have another question handy at the moment, I'll leave it alone -- at least until maņana eve.

Tick Tock!!

Manana is always a day away ehhh???

That or Sage is right and you senility is more advanced than his!

Fillow? Hint time?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  14:55:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

Tick Tock!!

Manana is always a day away ehhh???

Fillow? Hint time?

Life got in the way. My wife was not feeling well last night. (She's better now)

So give me a few hours...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  15:17:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Heh. How's this? I only just realised what the question was asking.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 01 Oct 2008 15:18:10
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  17:03:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I was going to answer this question, but then it wasn't in the sourcebook I thought it was in... Luckily, I checked the Web Enhancement.

The simply-named Guild of Underdark Guides is described in the first Web Enhancement for Underdark, entitled "Organizations of the Underdark".

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  17:07:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sage or Krash will prolly answer this one in five minutes, but we'll go with it anyway. I'm not going to claim obscurity on this one.

This thief, formerly of Amn, has an infectious smile and laughter, and is well-known for her habit of finding great delight in life. Name her.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  17:09:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice!

I don't think it's fair for me to take shot at this one right now though. So I'll leave it to others for the time being.

Edited by - The Sage on 01 Oct 2008 17:10:48
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  20:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Wooly, twice !
About the answer and about the new question too !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  15:50:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why that sounds like Bronwyn Caradoon from Thornhold!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 02 Oct 2008 15:52:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:04:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, but it's not!

... Though there is something else our mystery thief has in common with Bronwyn.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  02:31:04  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ah, but it's not!

... Though there is something else our mystery thief has in common with Bronwyn.

Oh so are you saying that she is not theif or from Amn or likes to smile and laugh or that she doen't enjoy life?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  05:44:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah, but it's not!

Oh so are you saying that she is not theif or from Amn or likes to smile and laugh or that she doen't enjoy life?

Are you talking of Bronwyn or our mystery thief? I don't believe Bronwyn has ever been described as someone who takes delight in life, and Bronwyn is certainly not from Amn...

No one has broken the code yet, so I may have to give another clue soon.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  13:23:39  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah, but it's not!

Are you talking of Bronwyn or our mystery thief? I don't believe Bronwyn has ever been described as someone who takes delight in life, and Bronwyn is certainly not from Amn...

No one has broken the code yet, so I may have to give another clue soon.

Just having fun with ya Wooly one, But Bronwyn is Most assuredly from Amn.

She was born there and lived the first part of her life there until she was kidnapped by the Zhents and trained to become quite the skilled counterfeiter of jewelry and coins.

I did not really think she was the answer you were after, but she fits your question

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  13:57:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, Bronwyn wasn't born there. I don't think the village she lived in was ever named, but it's near the Dessarin River -- so it's not terribly far from Waterdeep.

Bronwyn did live in Amn for a while, but she wasn't born there.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  17:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And what about the hint Wooly?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  18:08:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

And what about the hint Wooly?

I guess I'll have to give another. I already snuck one out there, but no one noticed it.

Our mystery thief is also a member of one of Faerûn's most well-known organizations.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  18:38:08  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course Wooly,
we noticed that "our mystery thief has something in common with Bronwyn" but what is it ?
Is the second hint the same as the first one ? Or are there two hints in your both posts ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  18:59:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Of course Wooly,
we noticed that "our mystery thief has something in common with Bronwyn" but what is it ?
Is the second hint the same as the first one ? Or are there two hints in your both posts ?

*whistles innocently*

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  20:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got it !

She's Sheenra "Shining Eyes" Duth.
Source : Code of the Harpers, p.62

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  21:44:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Got it !

She's Sheenra "Shining Eyes" Duth.
Source : Code of the Harpers, p.62

Indeed!

You broke the code. That was the other hint.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 03 Oct 2008 21:45:20
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  11:10:08  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wooly.

Next one : (I tried to make a type of riddle... Do not smile too loud please... !)
72- Everybody knows that the only way in and out of Cynosure is through portals. But it exists a manner to penetrate the Cynosure without any specific power nor divine intervention.
What is the way to do it and where does one have to go to do it ?

Please tell me if I should write it in another way...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  11:38:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries Fillow. I think it's alright the way it is. Or, rather, I'm pretty sure I know what you're referring to.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000