Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  04:26:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll bet you all the money in Faerūn that this post is a clue.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  05:51:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, there it is. Page 129 of Forgotten Realms Adventures:

quote:
Bela: A word for paper money used by the savage barbarian tribes to the east of the Realms, bela refers both to bills used in the lands of Kara-Tur and more recent script issued by the over-chief or khan of the tribes. In the western Realms, it is worthless, and occasionally offered as an insult.

Give me a few minutes to come up with a question...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  06:05:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, this one will prolly be easy...

This cousin of Khelben's transformed into living pearl when she became a baelnorn. Name her.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  06:09:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh! Nice one.

I'll let another scribe answer it though. I'm going to wait for a more obscure question before I participate again.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  14:05:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are correct. I guess I'll have to word my next question a bit better, to defeat everyone's Google fu...

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 28 Jul 2008 14:06:23
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  14:38:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

Assuming that I am correct:

Who wrote the Song of the North Wind?

A music question? My favorite Realms topic.

Oh, and the answer is the Ffolk bard, Carlyth Grylloch -- FR2 Moonshae.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2008 :  15:03:30  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, thanks, Wooly, for bumping this! I may not have answers, but I enjoy trying to find them....

Also, thanks, Sherincall, for the challenging question, and, George, for subtle clues!
Go to Top of Page

Sherincall Tijanic
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  12:41:19  Show Profile Send Sherincall Tijanic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed George's clue was a nice one. Thanks for that as I apparently didn't check this topic in a while.

Eagerly waiting for the Sage's question. If his answer was the right one that is, I cannot check that at the moment..
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  14:28:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is. I checked this morning... just to be sure, even though I'm usually "accurate" with all my Realms music facts. It's one of my favorite parts of the Realms after all.

As for my question, I'll get to it some time later this week. I've got a few sources I want to track down in order find the exact piece of Realmslore that I'm currently thinking about.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2008 :  00:26:55  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Batter up, Sage!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2008 :  01:50:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the source I was looking for... I should have my question some time today.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2008 :  19:17:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost a week now.

Anyhow, I have a quick question for the loremasters, that is not part of the challenge, but also not worth making a whole new thread over -

In what source does it make mention that the Underdark was created by the Sundering?

I know I read it somewhere, but now I can't find it anywhere.

--- Thanks, Mark

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Aug 2008 19:17:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2008 :  01:59:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost a week. Heh.

I'll be with my books tonight.

Go to Top of Page

Sherincall Tijanic
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  14:35:13  Show Profile Send Sherincall Tijanic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
In what source does it make mention that the Underdark was created by the Sundering?

I know I read it somewhere, but now I can't find it anywhere.

I think it might be mentioned in Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet: Island of the Elves. Though I haven't the book to check it..
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  14:51:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Almost a week. Heh.

Sage, are you ever going to ask a question?

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  15:59:54  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any question on the air ? I do not think so.
Do not the quizzers want to learn anymore ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  16:21:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Almost a week. Heh.

Sage, are you ever going to ask a question?

Yes. Unfortunately, I can't go with the question I wanted to ask, because it's unlikely many scribes will have access to this particular source.

I've got another though. I'll have it ready in about an hour.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  16:47:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right. Question time... As I said above, it's not the one I wanted to ask, so I've gone with something easier.

Who and what was the "Dread Scourge?"

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  17:24:15  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who and what was the "Dread Scourge?"

Before the Time of Troubles, The Dread Scourge was the title of Gauntather, when he was a wandering adventurer-priest of Bane
active in the Vilhon Reach. He's also known as the Dark Druid in the Moonshaes and as the Most Holy Hand of Bane. He was the leader of the Risen Cult, a Bane's cult.

Source : Halls of High King.

EDIT : Hey guys, the French Gnome is back !

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 17 Aug 2008 17:26:08
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  17:37:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's correct Fillow. The next question is yours.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  18:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks The Sage.
I'm really proud to ask the 50st question of the quizz.

And to ask it, I found a manner to update the Taverns and inns of the realms topic ! :

Who runs the Way Inn?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  19:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Gong !*
So : Who runs the Way Inn?

Time for a hint :
- He's a Male Illuskan Human Fighter and a worshipper of Mielliki

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Sherincall Tijanic
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  22:18:50  Show Profile Send Sherincall Tijanic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but haven't been with my books for a few days, and cannot verify. Also I cannot add another question, so I'm just leaving this for someone else, if they'll have it in the next 20 hours.
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  01:00:38  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

*Gong !*
So : Who runs the Way Inn?

Time for a hint :
- He's a Male Illuskan Human Fighter and a worshipper of Mielliki

DAURAVYN REDBEARD. (Ye Old Grey Box p88, VGttSC p215-216, and the Marco Volo adventures) Unless I missed the changeover to new management...!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  05:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Monknwildcat is right.
The Way Inn, a village and the tavern within the village are runned by Dauravyn Redbeard.
You could also find this piece of information within the Under Illefarn adventure, and one or two other ones sources that I forgot at the moment !
To locate it, it takes place south-west from Daggerford, on the Trade way.

it's your turn to ask the following one Monk'

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  17:43:11  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good question, Fillow!

Now my question:

To my surprise, besides the notorious assassin Artemis Entreri, the canon Realms contains at least one other dude named Artemis. Name one of them and provide his occupation.

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  19:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A good one too Monknwildcat !

To my surprise, besides the notorious assassin Artemis Entreri, the canon Realms contains at least one other dude named Artemis. Name one of them and provide his occupation.

I found at least two others Artemis in the Realms but I'm not allowed to answer yet ...

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  19:30:44  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

Time for a hint-clue-riddle!

At least one of these "other Artemises" knows the way in....
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  20:30:02  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

sly hint !
Well done Monknwildcat !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:49:54  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Another clue!

More information about alternate Artemises can be located in a trilogy about an unusually sophomoric, iconic Waterdhavian noble.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000