Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2008 :  20:38:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just waiting on Fillow...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic, already in progress.

Well, it IS the Trivia thread...

When I need to do an ASCII symbol, I just go HERE. I can either type in the code using the 'Alt' Key, or just copy and paste what I want from there. Learning how to type the 'ū' is a must on this site.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  21:03:43  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry my dear scribes.
I was on the run and had no time enough to come and read your posts.

It's indeed the Black Blood cultists.

Kajehase was right. Congratulations.
It's your turn to ask the next one.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  13:26:14  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And to think I almost wrote the Moon Blood Cultists...

Anyway, question time:
What is the name of the realm ruled over by Exalted Lord Eilauver Ildroun and Lady Queen Helartha Jaglene?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  04:07:39  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Th elast post from Kajehase does not appear as the last active post of the topic.
Si, I just post this one to make the thread go up in the list and to make other scribes see the question.

What is the name of the realm ruled over by Exalted Lord Eilauver Ildroun and Lady Queen Helartha Jaglene?

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  14:15:16  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And since no-one's answered as of yet, here's a clue: Information about this realm can be had by investigating the adventures of the Realm's most famous restaurant-critic.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  14:49:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And since no-one's answered as of yet, here's a clue: Information about this realm can be had by investigating the adventures of the Realm's most famous restaurant-critic.

Heh... I know exactly where to find the info. Sadly, that's a resource not available to me, since I've not gotten around to replacing that part of my lost collection yet!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  21:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Heh... I know exactly where to find the info.

You speak about a magazine Wooly ?

I think I would try to answer (if no one did it of course !) before going on holidays at the end of the week.

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 30 Jun 2008 21:16:25
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  23:18:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:

Heh... I know exactly where to find the info.

You speak about a magazine Wooly ?

I think I would try to answer (if no one did it of course !) before going on holidays at the end of the week.

I give no hints.

However, I have stated elsewhere that there is one particular category of material that I've not even begun to replace yet.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  05:05:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have them all, including the hard-to-find one that came with a video game (I never played it, but someone gave me all their stuff).

However, it doesn't ring a bell, and I wouldn't begin to know which one to look through, so I'll let someone else have a shot.

If there's no answer in a day or two, I'll start looking.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  20:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the first hand, I will be on holidays in two days so I wont be able to come and play for three weeks (my wife really forbid me from connecting when we are on holidays !!)
and on the other hand, I cannot resist to the call of the quizz !

I will try to answer that this realm could be Aumrauth, beneath the waves of th Shining Sea, between Tharsult and the mouth of the river Scelptar. This is a verdant, crowded aquatic elven realm of many fish, seaweed and other "farmed" undersea life.

The source of this answer is Dragon #267.

So if I did not make a mistake, it's my turn to ask the next question but as I wrote above, I will leave home for holidays in a few days.
So, I prefer let another scribe ask it just after the confirmation from Kajehase.

EDIT : I will update the Q&A thread before leaving.

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 01 Jul 2008 20:25:41
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  22:36:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice.

I thought the hint pointed to the Volo's guides - I never even considered Dragon.

Glad I didn't attempt to go looking for it then - it would have driven me nuts.

I'll also have to update my map of that region.

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Jul 2008 22:37:16
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  11:22:41  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Fillow is of course correct.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  13:24:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Fillow left it open, I'll grab the next one.

Where is Lacheera from?

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  15:26:37  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where is Lacheera from?

Oh, I know that one from memory! And it sparks up the fire of even more fond memories! (hint: of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser! Anyone remember those two? )

But in which sourcebook have I read about her and this wonderful place she came from in FR lore....? As I am away from my books right now, and therefor being unable to state the exact source, I will keep silent until I can.

But beware all compatitive scribes - I will be back with the answer soon!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 03 Jul 2008 15:30:21
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  10:19:24  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where is Lacheera from?

Lacheera, a travel companion of Tamper Tencoin, is a ghoul from the world of Nehwon, source: Code of the Harpers, p. 83.

The memory I was talking about earlier where the AD&D Lankhmar-Products and even more so the stories by Fritz Leiber.

'Bazaar of the Bizarre' anyone!?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  15:17:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are correct. The next question is yours.

That was a bit of lore that escaped my notice when I first read Code of the Harpers, because I wasn't familiar with Nehwon then. Someone pointed it out years back, and I've always remembered that bit since then.

And Tamper Tencoin is such a cool name!

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  15:21:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow!

I never new TSR did any cross-overs with Newhon - I thought it was a stand-alone product series. Thats a VERY cool find, there.

And just so people understand - Newhon Ghouls are living creatures. They are pretty much exactly like humans, except their flesh and internal organs are all transparent, so that you only see their bones.

Pretty ghoulish.

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Jul 2008 15:23:51
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  16:40:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Wow!

I never new TSR did any cross-overs with Newhon - I thought it was a stand-alone product series. Thats a VERY cool find, there.

And just so people understand - Newhon Ghouls are living creatures. They are pretty much exactly like humans, except their flesh and internal organs are all transparent, so that you only see their bones.

Pretty ghoulish.

Which always made me wonder how Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser were physically attracted to them...

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2008 :  22:06:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the risk of being 'gross'....

They wanted to 'jump their bones'?

Anyhow, I somehow made the mistake of subscribing to this thread, which sees a little more traffic then most, and since I only check my E-mail every month or so...

Let's just say I had to delete a whole BUNCH of Candlekeep E-mails.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2008 :  22:30:36  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, Markustay!

Do we have a pending question? Or are we waiting for Ergdusch?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  03:00:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We await Ergs's next question.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  09:20:30  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, fellow scribes! I was away from the internet for a while. I hope it was not to tiresome a waiting?!?

Anyhow, here comes the new question:

Who is currently in the possession of the item known as Unique Mageries?

Edited by - Ergdusch on 07 Jul 2008 09:35:00
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  12:38:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be Maeve of Starmantle ("Lost Empires of Faerūn", p.80).

If my answer is confirmed, I'll jump the gun now and ask a question:

What was used to level the ancient city of Dharmaghongh in Murghom, long ago?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  05:21:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krash, you do excel at picking out the obscure ones! I don't even know where to begin looking for this one...

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  20:41:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't even have that in my extensive Hordelands notes, so it's obviously a VERY obscure reference - perhaps a little something in a Core source (I have found many FR references in Core material - most especially the 2e Book of Artifacts).

Something's tickling the back of my brain, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  22:21:03  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

I thought I'd take one from a more recent sourcebook. Well, that worked just fine - but maybe a little too easy!?!? Anyhow, you are absolutelly correct on this one, George!

Lucky me! With such an obscure question pending the only-every-5th-day-answer rule really comes in handy!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  01:21:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Heh.

I'll give scribes at least another day or so before I take a shot at this one.

Good question BTW, George. I had some fun trying to recall where it came from.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  01:52:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, when quizzes of this nature have started over the years I've found that the really obscure questions usually kill off the thread. But I sense that the patrons of this thread are super keen so I've decided to pull out some goodies. And yes, I have a few more up my sleeve.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  04:08:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So how's about a hint?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  04:54:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe it's just me... but providing a hint will make it too easy, I think.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000