Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Oghrann

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evrat Posted - 02 May 2016 : 21:22:41
Hi everyone,

I am confuse on Oghrann history.

" -3770 DR
The dwarf realm of Oghrann falls. Beset on all sides by enemies - lizardfolk, nomadic human tribes, wemics, and the usual bugbears, trolls, and goblinkin races - the realm was swept away by disease and war even before the dwarves' more northerly kingdom fell. »"

"Ammarindar fell when Ascalhorn became
Hellgate Keep, and evil creatures
overran the surface lands and the underways
all down the valley of the Delimbiyr.
Most of its folk escaped to Oghrann, only
to be scattered when that realm fell soon
after"

And as we know Ammarindar fell after Ascalhorn (882DR).

Or may be they do a difference between the east part of Oghrann (Marshes of Tun) and the west part (Far Hills).
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
George Krashos Posted - 04 May 2016 : 21:01:48
Where's the fun in that! It's good future thread fodder.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 04 May 2016 : 19:41:29
Please point them all out (especially the new one). I'd be intrigued to see how different the realms would be if the obvious date mistakes had been fixed (-2550 DR) plus I wouldn't mind seeing if I had spotted them myself
George Krashos Posted - 04 May 2016 : 19:14:31
No, too much has been built around that 882 DR date now, and in doing so, the powers that be would have been deaf to any entreaties to change/ignore the North boxed set dating for lore-meshing/continuity reasons. There are a ton of lore gaffes in the published Realms, even by the most well regarded designers and amateurs. I found another one just last year but it's so obscure that no one would be too fussed. You gotta just roll with the punches.

-- George Krashos
Markustay Posted - 03 May 2016 : 20:29:00
Wouldn't it have been simpler all around to say it was a 'typo' and it was supposed to be -882 DR?

Too late now, but when it first became a problem...
Wrigley Posted - 03 May 2016 : 14:49:36
As dwarfs from Oghrann later (-145DR) settled Tethyamar it would support your theory.
George Krashos Posted - 03 May 2016 : 09:28:28
Yes, that would appear to be an 'error' in Cormanthyr (which provided hard dates for the dwarven kingdoms). I love Steven Schend to death but his 882 DR dating for the fall of Ascalhorn has caused no end of problems over the years. Dwarves remained in the environs of Oghrann even though it ceased to exist as an actual kingdom in the region. It is likely that dwarves from Ammarindar joined their kin in the Far Hills which is the only way to explain away this reference.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000