Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Citadels Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EdGentry Posted - 29 Jul 2005 : 14:32:22
I just wanted to inform everyone that there will be a new stand-alone series of four books (each written by a different author), released after the Dungeon Series, called the Citadels Series.

Book Number one of that series is tentatively entitled Neversfall and is due out March, 2008.

It will be my first book. :)
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xysma Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 04:56:34
Thanks RF and Ed, it was definitely not a pleasant experience. Based on "Freedom's Promise" I have been eagerly anticipating this one.
EdGentry Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 19:31:36
That sounds awful, Xysma. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'll get the book off to you right away!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 16:11:26
Sorry to hear that news, Xysma. I'm glad you are OK and congrats on winning the book.
Xysma Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 05:42:49
quote:
Originally posted by EdGentry

I can actually announce the winner, chosen at random from all entrants, now. Thanks to everyone who entered!

*drumroll*

Congratulations Xysma! Please PM me with your address information and to whom I should address the autograph.

I am investigating what would be involved with an e-signing for anyone else who might be interested. I'll announce any details here.

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest and to Candlekeep for hosting it. FR writers are lucky to have a community like this.

The book comes out tomorrow officially! I look forward to hearing the thoughts of any readers in the Book Club section Alaundo was kind enough to start!

As I mentioned in the PM I sent you, I've been bedridden for the past couple of days with a virus. I got pretty lucky, my wife was far more ill than I and my father and grandfather actually ended up in the hospital . Everyone is back to normal now, and I return to Candlekeep to find this great news. Thanks Ed.
EdGentry Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 03:08:13
That's great news hawky! Thanks for sharing.

Please do Rino!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 01:47:56
I might head to the bookstore tomorrow to pick these new releases up.
hawkytom Posted - 27 Nov 2007 : 21:09:42
quote:

My own local bookstores don't have it yet. I'd be curious to hear if others were able to find it.

Congrats on your first novel Ed!!

I went out this morning and bought Neversfall at my local Barnes&Noble (I arrived early so it wasn't on the shelves yet, but I had somebody find it in the back for me), they also had it at the Borders store that I went to. I also picked up Crypt of the Moaning Diamond(Dungeons#4) by Rosemary Jones.

Now I just need to finish the series I'm currently reading so I can get started with these!
EdGentry Posted - 27 Nov 2007 : 18:18:33
My own local bookstores don't have it yet. I'd be curious to hear if others were able to find it.
Ashlock Posted - 27 Nov 2007 : 14:06:50
Today Neversfall should be out. Go get it, people!
Alaundo Posted - 26 Nov 2007 : 22:55:01
Well met

Congratulations indeed! I assume our winning novel enthusiast, Xysma, will be posting his comments in the Book Club in due course too

The pleasure was all ours, Ed. Many thanks for opening this competition up and giving the chance to us here at Candlekeep.
EdGentry Posted - 26 Nov 2007 : 20:59:30
I can actually announce the winner, chosen at random from all entrants, now. Thanks to everyone who entered!

*drumroll*

Congratulations Xysma! Please PM me with your address information and to whom I should address the autograph.

I am investigating what would be involved with an e-signing for anyone else who might be interested. I'll announce any details here.

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest and to Candlekeep for hosting it. FR writers are lucky to have a community like this.

The book comes out tomorrow officially! I look forward to hearing the thoughts of any readers in the Book Club section Alaundo was kind enough to start!
EdGentry Posted - 25 Nov 2007 : 05:57:21
Just a bump to remind everyone to get their answers in for the contest!
EdGentry Posted - 17 Nov 2007 : 04:36:57
Two contest updates:

1) Given the upcoming holiday and the travel plans of potential entrants, I've extended the contest until next Monday, 11/26 at noon EST.
2) I am eliminating the original question #2, reducing the contest to four questions. This will not change the standings or chances of anyone who has already entered.

The contest questions and new dates are updated below.

Thanks to all who enter!

The questions for this contest all pertain to my first published short story "Freedom's Promise," which is in the Realms of the Dragons II anthology for the Forgotten Realms setting.

Contest Rules:
Please send a private message to me here on Candlekeep (no emails please) with your answers to the four questions below (or as many of them as you can answer) by no later than 12pm noon (EST) on Monday November 26, 2007. Please only enter once. Give it a shot!

A grand prize winner will be randomly drawn from those who answer all five questions correctly (if more than one). The winner will be announced Tuesday November 27th. I will contact the winner and arrange for delivery of a free, signed copy.

Contest Questions:
1. Name the imp summoned by Aniolon Gruanthe.
2. Who is Ronatsinaderin?
3. Who edited Realms of the Dragons II?
4. List all the authors published in Realms of the Dragons II?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 18:15:57
Yeah, tell us about the contest as soon as possible.
MerrikCale Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 17:14:21
quote:

3) I will be offering a contest, available only to those here at Candlekeep, to win a signed copy of the book completely free of charge. More details on this very soon.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. To those who give the book a try, thank you and I hope you enjoy it.

you are the man!
EdGentry Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 16:33:25
Just quick a note to let everyone know that:
1) My website, edgentry.com is back up...sort of. There's something in place at any rate.
2) I've received my author-copies of my book and am very pleased by them.
3) I will be offering a contest, available only to those here at Candlekeep, to win a signed copy of the book completely free of charge. More details on this very soon.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. To those who give the book a try, thank you and I hope you enjoy it.
EdGentry Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 21:48:56
quote:
Originally posted by Seismo

Mr Gentry,

any updates on the soon to be released novel?

I see www.edgentry.com is feeling a bit worse for wear these days.

Justin,

The site is definitely having some issues these days. I hope to have it up and running before November 1st. The book is still on schedule for November 27th and I'm about to turn in the final draft of a web-story that will eventually reside on the WotC site to promote the book.

Thank you for asking.
James P. Davis Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 11:22:43
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis
Can't wait to see wait he does for Sentinelspire as well.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/covers_450/9780786949373.jpg

Very cool indeed and it does have a Tim Burton quality to it.
Seismo Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 05:33:20
Mr Gentry,

any updates on the soon to be released novel?

I see www.edgentry.com is feeling a bit worse for wear these days.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 23 Oct 2007 : 16:24:36
Interesting, and very Tim Burton-esque.
DragonReader Posted - 23 Oct 2007 : 13:33:51
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis
Can't wait to see wait he does for Sentinelspire as well.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/covers_450/9780786949373.jpg
James P. Davis Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 05:27:07
quote:

Sentinelspire eh? Sounds awesome.

James, fantastic cover on Shield of Weeping Ghosts. Seidman continues to impress!

Truly he does, he definitely has a new fan here! Can't wait to see wait he does for Sentinelspire as well.
EdGentry Posted - 21 Oct 2007 : 19:27:30
Sentinelspire eh? Sounds awesome.

James, fantastic cover on Shield of Weeping Ghosts. Seidman continues to impress!
MerrikCale Posted - 21 Oct 2007 : 13:51:08
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I was wondering who "Graham Davis" was.

he was in Crosby Stills Davis and Young
DragonReader Posted - 19 Oct 2007 : 14:34:26
According to Randomhouse's online catelog the 4th book in the Citadel series will be Sentinelspire by Mark Sehestedt and will be released on July 1, 2008.

Plus, amazon.com has posted the cover image for book #3:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NJAqkpSZL._SS500_.jpg

Not sure if it is final or not but it looks really good.
MerrikCale Posted - 26 Aug 2007 : 00:40:49
See. I'm wrong again
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Aug 2007 : 04:48:46
quote:

I can say with fair certainty that Steven's Blackstaff book is not part of the Citadels series but I cannot say more.

Thanks for the info.
EdGentry Posted - 20 Aug 2007 : 04:04:48
I can say with fair certainty that Steven's Blackstaff book is not part of the Citadels series but I cannot say more.
MerrikCale Posted - 19 Aug 2007 : 04:49:37
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by SheriffJoe

Tethoril's Bookshelf is sorely behind the times (just an FYI). Also, Aluando, aren't there supposed to be FOUR novels in each series? So far, just three have been mentioned: Neversfall, Obsidian Ridge and Shielf of Weeping Ghosts. Do you know something us commoners don't?

Congrats James!!!

Well met

Aye, it's due for an update shortly, SheriffJoe. Too many tasks and not enough hands

Indeed, whilst not confirmed, I had made the assumption that Steven Schend's Blackstaff Tower is the other volume in this series. Of course, i'll likely entirely wrong

I would say that was a fair assumption
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Aug 2007 : 00:05:51
I was wondering who "Graham Davis" was.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000