Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Best novel in 2003

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kajehase Posted - 01 Jul 2005 : 07:10:00
I promise, I'm not working for Wizards' marketing-department (if I did I'd be slanting the results of their surveys so that all sourcebooks would be 10 pages "crunch" and the rest wold be lore), but I enjoy silly polls, and since quite a number of people voted in the last one I made...

...Which was your favourite Forgotten Realms-novel originally published in 2003?

(Oh yes, I'm not entirely certain about when all of the WotSQ books were first released in hardcover, so if I've missed one, please let me know and I'll fix the list.)
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sirreus Posted - 18 Oct 2007 : 15:14:12
Windwalker. Cunningham's characterizations and pure emotion, written in her smooth lyrical style, are tops
koz Posted - 23 Jan 2007 : 08:43:32
I have read several of the books listed and enjoyed them all. The Alabaster Staff was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't know much about the author but finished it in two days. Very good Mr. Bolme. I also enjoyed the Black Bouquet and The Crimson Gold. I usaually devour anything by Mr. Salvatore and The Lone Drow was no exception. My vote goes to The Sapphire Crescent though. I loved the mystery and intrigue. The cover art was great too. It flew by but remains one of my favorites.
Alisttair Posted - 19 Jul 2005 : 04:33:09
No series of novels has kept me tied down to my book than those of the WotSQ
Xysma Posted - 06 Jul 2005 : 19:56:32
Twilight Falling was my favorite, Cale, Jak, and Riven are such deep characters. Watching them intereact and grow is fascinating to me, Kemp is an excellent author. Following closely behind is Sapphire Crescent and Windwalker. I still haven't begun the WotSQ, but I have read the rest of these and I honestly was not disappointed with any of them.
Enialus Meliamne Posted - 02 Jul 2005 : 13:41:18
I liked Crimson Gold personally, though I am behind on my EC books to read, so maybe Windwalker would move up. The Lone Drow RAWKED, but for Crimson got my vote. I'd sure like to see stats for that Duergar the protaganist allied with.
SiriusBlack Posted - 02 Jul 2005 : 12:53:01
Tough choices. I went with Richard Baker's novel. I really like his contribution to that series.
VEDSICA Posted - 02 Jul 2005 : 06:21:17
Twilight Falling for me.Love the characters.Mask is one of my favorite dfeities.So that helps a bunch too.But watching Cale develop is a treat as well.
Shadovar Posted - 02 Jul 2005 : 01:16:47
To me, Windwalker, Twilight Falling and the Lone Drow are simply without doubt, some of the best novels I had ever read.
ode904 Posted - 01 Jul 2005 : 22:52:43
I must say Windwalker. Windwalker is my favourite book maybe.
It has many different areas. And Rashemen is so much like Finland. You dont know who invented sauna.
Finnish people of course.
The Sage Posted - 01 Jul 2005 : 14:53:19
Without a doubt, Twilight Falling.

The reason... Kemp's style is severely addictive . No other explanation is necessary.
Winterfox Posted - 01 Jul 2005 : 09:50:00
Windwalker, no contest. I haven't read Twilight Falling, The Lone Drow or The Alabaster Staff, though. Sapphire Crescent was dull; The Crimson Gold rubbed me the wrong way.
Paec_djinn Posted - 01 Jul 2005 : 08:01:48
Condemnation for me. The journey to the Demonweb Pits and the adventures in the World Above. Nimor and the siege of Menzobarranzen also was epic. Aside from minor editing mistakes, I still think it's one of the two bests FR books.

Of the others, I've only read, Lord of Stormweather, Twilight Falling and the Lone Drow. While The Lone Drow IMO was a lot better than The Thousand Orcs, it wasn't really that interesting to me. Twilight Falling was well written and IMO better than Dawn of Night but Condemnation beats it by alot. Lord of Stormweather didn't really grip me as much as the other Sembia books. I didn't exactly like the idea of the painting though the story was good.
Kajehase Posted - 01 Jul 2005 : 07:13:21
And this one was easier than the 2004-poll. Windwalker by two elephant-lengths, it's just so stlarning good.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000