Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Updated Release Schedule for 2005

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SiriusBlack Posted - 15 Mar 2005 : 04:59:21
GamingReport.Com has posted an Updated Release Schedule for All WotC Products for 2005

Below is a full listing of the schedule provided by GamingReport

April 2005
CARD GAMES
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith - 4/2

Booster
Starter

Duel Masters Stomp-a-trons of Invincible Wrath
Booster - 4/8
Deck Box - 4/8
Theme Deck - 4/8

RPGS
D&D Lords of Madness - 4/8
D&D Races of Eberron - 4/8

BOOKS
Blades of the Tiger - 4/8
Kender, Gully Dwarves and Gnomes - 4/8
Tides of Blood - 4/8
Hand of Fire - 4/8
Dagger of Doom: KotSD #6 - 4/8
Nova Rocks: Star Sisterz #1 - 4/8
Carmen Dives In: Star Sisterz #2 - 4/8
Resurrection: War of the Spider Queen #6 - 4/15

MINIATURES
Star Wars
Revenge of the Sith Entry Pack - 4/2
Revenge of the Sith Expansion Pack - 4/2

BOARD GAMES
Monsters Menace America - 4/22

May 2005

RPGS
D&D Heroes of Battle - 5/13
FRR Champions of Ruin - 5/13

BOOKS
The Crimson Talisman: War-torn #1 - 5/6
The Ogre's Pact: The Twilight Giants #1 - 5/6
Realms of the Dragons II: The Young Dragons - 5/6
Guardian: Saviors of Kamigawa, Kamigawa Cycle, Book III - 5/6
Dragon Knights: New Adventures #7 - 5/6
Empire of Blood: Minotaur Trilogy #3 - 5/6

MINIATURES
Star Wars Ultimate Missions: Revenge of the Sith - 5/13

June 2005

CARD GAMES
Magic: the Gathering Saviors of Kamigawa - 6/3
Booster
Fat Pack
Theme Deck

NeoPets Lost Desert - 6/3
Plushie Gift Box
Booster

RPGS
D&D Dungeon Master's Guide II - 6/17
d20 Apocalypse - 6/17
EBR Five Nations - 6/17

BOOKS
Love and War - 6/10
Elminster's Daughter - 6/10
Maiden of Pain: Priests #4 - 6/10
Servant of the Shard - 6/10
The Hidden Dragon: KotSD #7 - 6/10

BOARD GAMES
Nexus Ops - 6/10

July 2005

CARD GAMES
Duel Masters Thundercharge of Ultra Destruction Booster - 7/8

Kids Next Door Base Set 1 Booster - 7/15
MLB Showdown Trading Deadline 2005 Booster - 7/29
Magic: the Gathering 9th Edition 7/9
Booster
Core Game
Theme Deck

RPGS
D&D Weapons of Legacy - 7/8
EBR Dungeon Master's Screen - 7/8
FRR City of Splendors:Waterdeep - 7/8

BOOKS
Amber and Ashes - 7/1
Best of the Realms: Ed Greenwood - 7/1
Farthest Reach: The Last Mythal #2 - 7/1
The Giants Among Us: The Twilight Giants #2 - 7/1
Streams of Silver - 7/15
Dragon Spell: New Adventures #8 - 7/1

MINIATURES
D&D Miniatures
Angelfire Booster Pack - 7/22

BOARD GAMES
RoboRally - 7/1

August 2005

CARD GAMES
Star Wars Rise of the Empire Booster - 8/5

RPGS
D&D Stormwrack - 8/5
EBR Character Sheets - 8/5
EBR Explorer's Handbook - 8/5

BOOKS
Binding Stone: The Dragon Below #1 - 8/5
Annihilation: War of the Spider Queen #5 - 8/5
The Emerald Sceptre:Scions of Arrabar #3 - 8/5
City of Splendors: A Waterdeep Novel - 8/12
The Silver Spell: Knights of the Silver Dragon #8 - 8/5
Bright Lights for Bella: Star Sisterz #3 - 8/5

MINIATURES
Star Wars Universe Huge Pack - 8/19

September 2005

RPGS
D&D Magic of Incarnum - 9/9
D&D Fantastic Locations: Fane of the Drow - 9/9
d20 Cyberspace - 9/9
FRR Sons of Gruumsh: FR Adventure Path #1 - 9/9

BOOKS
Dragonlance Gift Set - 9/2
Reign of Istar - 9/2
Queen of the Depths: Priests #3 - 9/2
Master of Chains: Fighters #1 - 9/2
Starlight and Shadows Gift Set - 9/2
The Two Swords:: The Hunter's Blades #3 - 9/2
Paths of Darkness - 9/2
Labyrinth: Ravnica, City of Guilds - 9/2
Wizard's Curse: New Adventures #9 - 9/2

BOARD GAMES
Vegas Showdown - 9/2

October 2005

CARD GAMES
Duel Masters Epic Dragons of Hyperchaos Booster - 10/21

Kids Next Door Expansion #1 Booster - 10/7

Magic: the Gathering Ravnica 10/7
Booster
Tournament Pack
Theme Deck
Fat Pack

Neopets Darkest Faerie
Booster - 10/21

RPGS
D&D Heroes of Horror - 10/14
D&D Special Edition DMG - 10/14
D&D Gift Set - 10/14
EBR Magic of Eberron - 10/14

BOOKS
Sanctuary: The Elven Exiles #1 - 10/7
The Cataclysm: Tales Volume V - 10/7
The Orb of Xoriat: The War-Torn Book 2 - 10/7
The Titan of Twilight: The Twilight Giants #3 - 10/7
Promise the Witch King - 10/14
Key to Griffin's Lair: Knights of the Silver Dragon #9 - 10/7

MINIATURES
Star Wars Ultimate Missions Set - 10/7

November 2005

RPGS
D&D Fantastic Locations: Hellspike Prison - 11/4
FRR Champions of Valor - 11/4

BOOKS
Midnight's Mask: Erevis Cale Book III - 11/4
Whisper of Waves: The FRB:Watercourse Trilogy Book 1 - 11/4
The Halfling's Gem: The Legend of Drizzt Books VI - 11/11
Crown of Thieves: Elidor Trilogy Book 1 - 11/4
Rani and the Fashion Divas: Star Sisterz #4 - 11/4

MINIATURES
D&D Miniatures Underdark - 11/5
Star Wars AT-AT Imperial Walker - 11/11

December 2005

RPGS
D&D Spell Compendium - 12/2
d20 Critical Locations - 12/2

BOOKS
The War of the Lance: Tales Volumne VI - 12/2
The Shattered Land: The Dreaming Dark Book #2 - 12/2
Homeland: The Legend of Drizzt - 12/2
Ghostwalker: Fighters #2 - 12/2
Curse of the Lost Grove: Knights of the Silver Dragon #10 - 12/2

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 11 Sep 2005 : 11:30:56
Well met

Having just had a quick thumb through the latest issue of Dragon magazine, I noticed WotC are putting out a special box of the Races series of core books (Races of Stone, Races of Destiny and Races of the Wild), entitled Race Series Collection.

This goes on sale in October at $89.95. I have all the tomes myself so obviously won't be going for this box set.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Complete Series Collection in the near future, containing Complete Warrior etc.

In addition, we are to see a Special Edition DM Guide, leatherbound, as per the Special Edition PHB, coming in at $74.95.

Furthermore, a totally new product - Three-Dragon Ante ($14.95, October). Box containing a 72-card deck and rulebook. Being a simple card game (non-collectable).

These, and more, are all detailed fully in the "D&D Buyers Guide" at the back of the magazine.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 May 2005 : 03:18:46
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

That's exactly right Wooly .

It was that consideration as well that formed part of my decision not to bother with Heroes of Battle.

As a quick aside from this though... Wooly, are you picking up Interstellar Players? I've heard it has just completed its first run at the printers.

I am quite looking forward to that tome, and also to 3055 Upgrades. Those are like some FR tomes have been -- I've been looking forward to them since I first heard about them (particularly the TRO, since I've got every single one published, both original and revised).
The Sage Posted - 10 May 2005 : 01:14:52
That's exactly right Wooly .

It was that consideration as well that formed part of my decision not to bother with Heroes of Battle.

As a quick aside from this though... Wooly, are you picking up Interstellar Players? I've heard it has just completed its first run at the printers.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 May 2005 : 22:35:37
quote:
Originally posted by Rudar Dimble

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Besides, I need to keep money handy for several upcoming tomes.

Indeed, my decision to pass on this month's gaming releases from WOTC has allowed me to keep more money in my pocket for next month.

Totally agree. With Waterdeep, the 'Champions' books coming up are just being released, there's plenty to buy. And then I don't even mention upcoming novels

Not only that, but there's another game system that the Sage and I like, and they've got some supplements coming out that I want.
Rudar Dimble Posted - 09 May 2005 : 18:43:51
quote:

quote:

Indeed, my decision to pass on this month's gaming releases from WOTC has allowed me to keep more money in my pocket for next month.

Totally agree. With Waterdeep, the 'Champions' books coming up are just being released, there's plenty to buy. And then I don't even mention upcoming novels
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 May 2005 : 17:55:55
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 May 2005 : 17:40:47
quote:

And for those scribes who feel differently than I do or those scribes still pondering a purchase decision, WOTC has posted Coolest Dungeon Ever
10 Reasons Why Your Campaign World Wants You to Get Heroes of Battle

...And that blurb reinforces my decision to keep my money in my pocket. I just don't see a reason to buy this tome.

SiriusBlack Posted - 09 May 2005 : 16:00:34
And for those scribes who feel differently than I do or those scribes still pondering a purchase decision, WOTC has posted Coolest Dungeon Ever
10 Reasons Why Your Campaign World Wants You to Get Heroes of Battle
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 May 2005 : 05:43:18
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
For myself, I think I'll skip purchasing this one. But I would like to know whether any other scribes here will find any use from it and whether they wish themselves to buy it.

I'm passing on this tome as well. I just haven't found anything in the WOTC postings that makes me think I'd find it useful.
The Sage Posted - 08 May 2005 : 05:21:38
Hmmm...

Aside from the chapter on the Magic of War, I can't really see a lot in this tome that will provide me with useful information that I've not already devised for myself. Having played Warhammer for more years than I can count, I have slowly developed my own interpretations when it comes to large scale warfare in D&D. Not to mention my experiences with the 2e Battlesystem rules for AD&D which also fostered a way of thinking when it came to running campaigns centered around large conflicts involving more than just an average party of adventures.

For myself, I think I'll skip purchasing this one. But I would like to know whether any other scribes here will find any use from it and whether they wish themselves to buy it.
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 May 2005 : 04:41:59
For those interested, WOTC has posted a Heroes of Battle Excerpt.
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 05:55:22
quote:
Now the gamers are drifting back to their tried-and-true settings, and the market is simply drying up.

And that's not really a bad thing. If anything, consumers being more cautious with their $$$ will require all companies including WOTC with their releases featured in this thread to produce higher quality items.
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 05:54:05
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza
Why buy races books for D20 when Wizards puts them out?

For awhile there, I found better quality in some D20 products than I did WOTC. But, now, the D20 companies I used to purchase from, haven't gotten a sale from me in at least a year. I'm only buying so far one D20 product this year. An expensive one, but still just one.

quote:

Wizards holds 30% of the market. White Wolf 25%. Everyone else is 6% or less. The companies that survive will be companies that come up with their own system, continue their own system with campaigns worlds spawned off of D20, or companies that get licenses people want to play in.

Diversity seems to be the key to the companies, such as Green Ronin; Mongoose; Malhavoc Press, that are surviving and apparently making a profit. I use italics because this is all just based on speculation rather than any concrete evidence.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 05:32:56
I think part of the problem is that the market was over-saturated. D20 was a big thing in the gamer community, and everyone jumped aboard. Now the gamers are drifting back to their tried-and-true settings, and the market is simply drying up.
SirUrza Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 05:29:19
Cheaply hopefully. You know, Attack on Myth Drannor style. :)

Forstburn put 1 company out of business cause Wizards basically stole the idea.

Why buy races books for D20 when Wizards puts them out?

Wizards holds 30% of the market. White Wolf 25%. Everyone else is 6% or less. The companies that survive will be companies that come up with their own system, continue their own system with campaigns worlds spawned off of D20, or companies that get licenses people want to play in.
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 05:23:34
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza
Now that Wizards is catching up to everyone else, class books, races books, envirnoment books, they're driving everyone else out of business.

I don't know if Wizards is driving everyone out of business so much as the D20 market itself is beginning to have an attrition on companies. I recall well over a year ago, a D20 vendor mentioning that a vast majority of the D20 companies currently in existence would be out of operations in another year or so. Not sure if that came true, but the D20 market sure has seemed to level off the past couple of years. I don't think this is so much as Wizards getting involved in other areas as much as the "new fad" is over and consumers are settling on the one/two D20 companies that they prefer to buy from. It will be interesting to see how WOTC's attempts at selling adventures for the Realms goes this time around given all that has taken place.
SirUrza Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 04:47:52
quote:

ENWorld reports in today's news that some people already have a copy of Lords of Madness and are answering questions about the tome in this thread..

I got it, picked it up at Icon yesterday, my first purchase. :)
SirUrza Posted - 10 Apr 2005 : 04:46:15
That's funny, because I was just at a panel at a convention today, and they said the reason D20 is failing is because they got into the adventure supplements, it was a losing market since 1 person in every group buys it.

Competing with Wizards? That's funny. The first thing everyone did in d20/OGL was race books, something Wizards took what.. 4-5 years to do? Now that Wizards is catching up to everyone else, class books, races books, envirnoment books, they're driving everyone else out of business.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 18:35:51
In this updated list, the following item caught my eye:

D&D Fantastic Locations: Fane of the Drow - 9/9

Well ENWorld has provided some additional information from Charles Ryan regarding this product. Below is a quote from him found on today's ENWorld main news page:

quote:

So, last year we put out a couple map products (the Map Folios I, II, and 3-D). They were kind of an experimental product, and frankly they didn't turn out the way we would have liked--but they did really well. So we thought "heh, what if we made a really good map product?"

We put our heads together and thought about what sort of map product would be interesting and most useful to players, and the Fantastic Locations series is what we came up with.

Essentially, what they are isn't just a set of diagrams of interesting locations, but a set of diagrams that you can actually use in play. Then we added some material for both RPG play (interesting encounters and a mini-adventure) and minis skirmish play (scenarios).

The basic premise is the same as the Map Folios: Cool maps of interesting places that you can use in any campaign. The difference is in the immediate utility to the player. If players like the FL products, you can count on seeing more in the future.

Charles Ryan also had this to add about the adventures coming out later this year:

quote:

As for adventures, the Eberron series of adventures (last year and this) marked our return to adventure publication. You'll notice in that same catalog that there's an FR adventure coming out in September. You might see more, for the campaign settings and for D&D in general, in the future.

(Philosophically speaking, back in the day we figured the d20 community would jump all over adventure publication, and we'd focus on the core rules and high-end products we're uniquely qualified to produce. But the d20 publishers quickly abandoned adventures in favor of competing with us in the realm of rulebooks and supplements (Sun Tzu would not be proud), leaving that part of the market underserved. So we're going to serve it!)

SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 18:29:52
ENWorld reports in today's news that some people already have a copy of Lords of Madness and are answering questions about the tome in this thread.

Just an FYI for those wishing more information about the tome from someone who actually has it.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 17:57:19
quote:

quote:

I am going to try to get the book, but I'm going to get it on the cheap from eBay. I want it, but not enough to think of paying cover price.

Define cheap. How much off cover are you willing to pay for it? I recall the only reason I gave Draconomicon a try was I got it at a great discount from Amazon. However, with as much as I enjoyed that tome, I would have paid cover. Nice how things worked out.

$20 or so.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 16:50:45
quote:

I am going to try to get the book, but I'm going to get it on the cheap from eBay. I want it, but not enough to think of paying cover price.

Define cheap. How much off cover are you willing to pay for it? I recall the only reason I gave Draconomicon a try was I got it at a great discount from Amazon. However, with as much as I enjoyed that tome, I would have paid cover. Nice how things worked out.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 16:18:21
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 15:43:08
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
I was thinking of buying this book but after reading the excerpt and a few of the coments from people who have it, I have to say Lords of Maddness will be one I give the miss.

Thank you for the links to the excerpts and interview. I had already planned to pass and these new updates haven't changed my mind. I have enjoyed encounters in gaming in the past involving beholders or mind flayers. However, I have never been that interested in either race to purchase a tome devoted to them and other abominations.
Dargoth Posted - 09 Apr 2005 : 10:05:00
Theres a Lords of Maddness excerpt and Esigner interview up at the WOTC

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050408a

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ps/20050408a

and all I can say is....Meh

I was thinking of buying this book but after reading the excerpt and a few of the coments from people who have it, I have to say Lords of Maddness will be one I give the miss. I bought the Draconomicon and Libris Mortis but the third races book doesnt inspire me at all. (correct me if wrong but I didnt spot a 4th Race book in the Complete 2005 cataloge)

KnightErrantJR Posted - 07 Apr 2005 : 21:46:15
I can't get too sidetracked with Lords of Madness since I have to save my coppers for Champions of Ruin and the Waterdeep sourcebook, as well as the unnamed "opposite" book to Champions of Ruin. Dispite that, I loved Draconomicon and Libris Mortis, although the "race" books didn't seem that great to me, Races of Stone being the most useful to me.

I still wish we would get maybe an overview product that at least give a cursory view of Kara-Tur, Maztica, and Zhakara . . . perhaps a "Far Lands" sourcebook or some such.

But I doubt it will happen.
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 Apr 2005 : 04:01:08
Lords of Madness Desktop Wallpapers and Screensaver for those interested.
The Sage Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 08:51:50
quote:

And looking at that article, it certainly appears they've made the neogi terrestrial... I don't like that.
That's disappointing to hear, but not entirely unexpected. We knew there'd be some "changes" to the existing material regarding these aberrations.

I wonder what other "changes" are in store for the rest of the detailed races...?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 06:00:24
And looking at that article, it certainly appears they've made the neogi terrestrial... I don't like that. Take neogi out of their Deathspiders, and they're just something else to stick a sword in.
SiriusBlack Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 05:27:23
Lords of Madness has a new article up, You'd be crazy Not to!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000