Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 OOC Forum for the Dead 5 Campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Caritas Posted - 12 Oct 2004 : 13:36:08
Hail to thee,

this thread will be for the players to discuss actions, intentions etc for their PC's who are involved in the campaign, The Rise of the Dead Five.

Once again please do not post here on this line with any comments as it not ready and will be for the invited players only.
Thank you all

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 12 Feb 2006 : 22:34:02
If this campaign ever gets started again someone please e-mail me. I still want to adventure as Leck but I probably wont get on Candlekeep very often.

So just e-mail me please if this starts up again, thanks
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 10 Dec 2004 : 08:07:54
Aye and well met everyone!!

I have returned from a successful jobhunting trip only to find my computer's power supply melted!! I have had to wait a few days to access the Internet from home, but now my computer is back and repaired, so I return to thee forthwith!!

Forget what I said in the other thread: I don't need your background stories as they have been posted on this thread. All I need right now is Lysander's stats and background (they have gone astray in the ebbs and flow of the cybernetic ethereal plane!!)

Cheers!
PDK
hammer of Moradin Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 22:14:14
Background for Mithimmar Thunderhammer

Mithimmar prodded the fire with the stick he found, sparking a brief show of flashes which reminded him of the fireworks he once witnessed in far off Telflamm. He turned his gaze back to the strange creature who was now his traveling companion.
“Leck-thick,” he mispronounced again. It was not for a lack of trying to say the Thri-kreen warrior’s name, he just couldn’t get around the speech of the bug. Bug, he thought, I should not be so hard on him. If not for Leck (he could pronounce that much with ease!) the dwarf would most likely have died in the caverns of the Underdark months ago. “I mean, Leck,” at this the Thri-kreen gave the dwarf a slight bow, “we should be getting’ off soon, methinks. Ye have yer clutch ta find and I aim to be helpin’ ye.” Again the insect-like warrior nodded.
Mith poked again at the small fire, crackling embers igniting memories, thoughts of how he came to be in this situation.

“Keep it hot boyo!” Mithimmar and his father, Duramar, labored over the hot embers of the workshop. Mar-dolnir, Duramar’s masterpiece, was almost finished. The adamantine warhammer was a labor of love for the Morndinsamman cleric of Moradin. Duramar was a respected member of the All-Father’s clergy, and recently received word that he would help found an elite group of warriors in Citadel Adbar, the Hammers of Moradin. What better time than now to finish Mar-dolnir.
The father and son would finish the clan’s warhammer, which Duramar used often and effectively in protecting their home from the scavenger races of drow, goblin, and giant. Duramar helped in creating the Hammers, a group that would soon show the North their resolve. These memories often brought a flash of light into Mithimmar’s eyes.
As any good dwarf is wont to do, Mith joined the Iron Guard when he was old enough. After a solid background in dwarven military tactics, he followed in his father’s footsteps by becoming a cleric of Moradin, a position that both father and son knew would lead Mithimmar into the Hammers of Moradin. Unfortunately, Duramar would not live to see Mithimmar’s promotion into the elite ranks of the brotherhood. A large and aggressive group of goblins surrounded a patrol of dwarves in the nearby mountains which Duramar was a part of. Five survivors returned the bodies of the dead, including Duramar, to Adbar on their warponies.
As an accomplished warrior and Sonnlinor, Mithimmar joined the ranks of the Hammers of Moradin while still young. Despite his age he became a stalwart defender of the tunnels below Citidel Adbar. Only a few months past, one of the goblin prisoners they took in a foray yielded information about drow incursions into the area. Mithimmar was given command of a small company of warriors to ferret out the dark elves involved and put an end to whatever plans they had, permanently.
The drow discovered the dwarves’ incursion into the Underdark and hired a local group of duergar assassins to take care of the problem. The Forak-Erach-Naek cared not for the method of the assassination, so they attempted to collapse a section of tunnel on the dwarves. Realizing what his masters planned, Leck-tichk lured Mithimmar just out of range of the trap. Mithimmar realized instantly what the fate of his companions was. Many of the dwarves had been lifelong companions and friends. Now, they were all dead, and he bore the brunt of responsibility as their leader. Perhaps in a fit of rage, or even a stoic attempt at redemption, Mithimmar tracked the duergar assassins through a series of side tunnels and attacked despite the overwhelming odds. Mar-dolnir, the magical thundering warhammer was his only companion, or so he thought. Just when the tide of battle turned and the dwarf would be defeated, the mysterious thri-kreen appeared at his side to ‘hunt’ the duergar down. In savage fury the two warriors defeated the remaining duergar leaving one alive for much needed answers.
Wary of the insectoid, Mithimmar wandered the tunnels with his prisoner and the thri-kreen for days before accepting that Leck intended him no harm. The information they abstracted from the evil dwarf surprised both of them. The drow hired the assassin group to kill the dwarves, which meant they were expecting the dwarves, and the rogue group of drow had a long standing arrangement with the duergar, an arrangement that several years earlier had resulted in the selling of Leck-tichk to the duergar. The two, dwarf and thri-kreen, made a pact. Leck would help the dwarf hunt down and destroy the cadre of drow, and in return, Mithimmar would help Leck return south to his clutch.
It did not take them long to reach the rogue drow’s territory. Waves of fell beasts and drow assassination squads foundered against the staunch allies advances. Night after endless night the drow sought to exhaust the two invaders, but little did they realize that the thri-kreen required no sleep, the dwarf wore a Ring of Sustenance, and that the Hammer of Moradin was a follower of the All-Father and could heal their fatigued bodies. The desire to hunt, and the training of the Hammers, prompted the duo to make a strategic strike at the heart of the drow. Much to their surprise, again, they discovered the drow leader to be a priestess of the dark goddess Lolth. Even the Queen of Webs could not hold back the fury and destruction of an enraged, avenging dwarf and thri-kreen. They defeated the priestess and her entourage, Leck finding a fine suit of Spidersilk armor, and fled the area knowing that the network of rogue drow was weakened beyond its ability to maintain itself. The two headed back for the surface world where they established a temporary camp before heading south.

Mithimmar reached down to scoop up another handful of dirt into his hands to douse the fire in the hours before dawn. He stopped and held the soft earth for a few moments, saying a silent prayer to Moradin. He let it fall, extinguishing the fire, and turned to Leck in the darkness, letting their eyes adjust with their darkvision.
“I dinnot be knowin’ ye, Leck-Tichk,” he slowly, clearly pronounced the name successfully, “but what I do be knowin’, I like. Yer a warrior with no love a tha’ drow, an’ ye saved me life.” He dipped low into a bow at this and continued, “I owe ye a chance at findin’ yer clutch, an’ bein’ a dwarf I realize tha value o’ family. So I be with ye until we can get ye home. Now, I don’ want no blubberin’ about it, so lets be off here afore we lose the cover o’ dark.

hammer of Moradin Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 21:56:46
Mithimmar, Leck-tichk, and Alberich

The trip to Southern Shaar for Leck-tichk and Mithimmar was a bitter experience for the Thri-kreen. His dismissal from his clutch may as well have been a death sentence to him. Mithimmar’s oath was fulfilled, which left Leck without a companion. The two stood on the empty plains watching the migrating band of Thri-kreen wander into the distance toward the setting sun.
“Well, won’t do me any good ta head back tonight. If’n ye want, ye kin camp with me Leck,” he stated.
“Yes hunter Mithimmar, Leck-tichk stay,” is all Leck said.
They quickly fell into their routine they established after many nights in the Underdark, and traveling south. Mithimmar started a small fire to keep any predators away, while Leck patrolled just outside of the firelight to allow his darkvision to work. Mithimmar rested until early morning when he took up the watch. Neither needed that much rest, but it was a force of habit when not hunting, or being hunted.
As Mith gathered his equipment in the morning he kept a close eye on Leck. The normally reserved creature was almost non-responsive. Mithimmar knew what he had to do.
“Leck?” he called out questioningly.
Leck-tichk turned, dreading the loss of the only being he had left.
“I mulled o’er it last night, and, well, I think I’m lost out here,” he started. “Well, ye see, bein’ a dwarf an’ all, I get used to caves an’ stone, well, grass an’ flat dirt it, dammit, I’m sayin’ here that I need yer help getting’ home!”
Thirty seconds of silent staring finally ended with, “Well!” from Mithimmar, “can ye help me er not?”
Leck’s next sentence was a declaration of eternal friendship for the two companions, “Yes, clutch-mate Mithimmar, Leck-tichk help.”

Ten days travel north brought the two companions to the camp of an unusual human. Sitting astride his horse at their approach, and wearing mithril breastplate armor, was a warrior with all the looks of a paladin, yet one at ease on the plains of the Shaar.
“Welcome dwarf-friend and hunter-Thri-kreen,” the mounted warrior greeted.
“Welcome ta ye also horse-master,” Mithimmar responded.
The warrior smiled on turned his attention to Leck. “I knew you would arrive soon Thri-kreen hunter. Nobanion sent me to find you and aid you in your quest.”
Leck resonded, "Leck-tichk," he pats his torso to indicate he is talking about himself, "and this my clutch mate, hunter Mithimmar. Nobanion commands the noble hunter wemics. Why he send you?”
“Yea, mate. Why would the lion king send ya?” Mithimmar seconded.
“I am Nobanion’s Marshall. I do as he commands me,” the warrior answered.
“Ye got a name?” asked Mith.
“I am Alberich Levassier. I am yours to command,” this statement directed at Leck.

Two days passed without incident as Mithimmar and Leck adjusted to the idea of having a third member in their "clutch". As far as magic and intuition told them, Alberich was sincere in his claim of aiding them. As Alberich rode ahead of the group his two new companions were taken by surprise when the warrior suddenly disappeared from his saddle in a flurry of fur. Leck responded instantly by hopping to the offensive. Before he could get to the wemic and Alberich, however, he stopped short as soon as he heard exchanged greetings between the “attacker” and her prey.
“Come Leck and Mithimmar, meet Kethry, leader of my adopted pride,” Al said motioning.
Suddenly Kethry caught the scent of Leck and stiffened, issuing a half-hiss, half-growl in his direction. Alberich quickly calmed her by commanding, “Kethry these are my companions. Please, do not harm them, it is Nobanion's wish!”
Kethry gave a slight bow to Alberich to indicate her compliance, yet stayed alert and ready, just in case.

The pride deferred to Alberich’s judgment concerning a Thri-kreen warrior traveling their lands. They were not happy with the decision, yet they respected Alberich enough to not question his decision once made.
Later that night the three warriors gathered around a fire in the middle of the wemic camp. Kethry joined them as they discussed their plans.
"Huntress Kethry," Mithimmar addressed the pride leader using the label Leck gave the wemic woman, "thank ye fer yer fire n' hospitality. As we said, we don' be plannin' on stoppin' in yer huntin' grounds, we just needed ta pass through. Alberich here assured us that no harm'd come ta us while under yer prides protection an' we thank ye."
Mithimmar shifts a bit and leans forward. Surprisingly he addresses Kethyr in the language of the wemics with her title, huntress. He switches back to common adding, "I've known wemic afore, a great tribe in the desert of Anauroch. Learned a word or two when I travelled with 'em. Way I figure, Alberich, Leck, an' meself r' here together fer a reason. Alberich mentioned he'd been waitin' fer us from word from Nobanion. Way I see it, we should be headin' to the North. Somethin's brewin' an' we mean ta be part of it."
The group debated their next step for a time before agreeing to travel to Calimshan by ship and taking the trade road north toward Waterdeep. Whatever lay before them, they would find it along the Sword Coast.

On the western edges of the Shaar the three set out to the cities of the Lapal League to catch a ship to Calimport and beyond. Several weeks of travel and adventure soon brought them past Candlekeep, and to their fated meeting at the Friendly Arm Inn. Along the way Mithimmar entertained his companions with tales he picked up during his travels in the North, the Silver Marches, and Anauroch. Of the most interest, especially to the Marshall of Nobanion, were the tales from the Anauroch wemics concerning a lost tribe of their cousins who lived in the snowy tundra along the Spine of the World.
Drozen20 Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 06:39:33
Nymil's brother mastered arcane lore and always has always overshadowed Nymil . Scyran even served as an everskin tomb guardian. On a night that I was to serve as a secondary lead guardian the Lorecana Tomb was attacked by grave robbers. The robbers where members of the cult of the dragon. They decided that Everska is a ideal place to aquire liches to improve the population for their brotherhood. They attacked the tomb of the Lorecana Tomb,
A place my brother served.:The cult of the dragon killed him and the remaining guards. The cult drew corpses from the tomb reviving them all as liches
and then binding them within the cults ranks. Using helmets of aligment shifting they made the liches that where once good into evil lich mages to help carry out the rituals requred to craft Drako Liches.

As punishment for my failure to aid in the ranks of the Everska tombs I have been charged stripted of my rank as an official guardian and lost my citizenship to Everska. The exile carried a stipulation however if i could return the dead to their graves I have a reinstatment oportunity.

Nymil goes by a name known to all as “Blaze”... a term named for his skill in firing arrows so rapidly they fall down like a blaze or even like deadly dropllets of rain.

Nymil's heratige enstates wood elf kinship like the rest of his strong and proud family. His failure as a Everska Tomb Guardian has smeared the fame of his entire heratige. His skin is tattoed to reflect the barklike limber body he dwells in. His armor is painted with camaflauge paints to alow easy travel and hiding without dificulty.
Talwyn Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 04:46:49
Excellent

Well then I can hardly wait to see how and why your PC's are getting to the F.A.I

Lysander Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 23:56:41
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

PDK has mine. He posted the other backgrounds, so I was going to leave it with him, although I have it and can post it if needed.
Wood Elf, Lysander, and I just need to square things away and we will have our brief trip north included in a separate background, with us arriving at the inn together.

And, if those two fine gentlemen are around this evening, say, about 3 hours from posting, I'm sure we can get something airtight together.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 23:19:57
PDK has mine. He posted the other backgrounds, so I was going to leave it with him, although I have it and can post it if needed.
Wood Elf, Lysander, and I just need to square things away and we will have our brief trip north included in a separate background, with us arriving at the inn together.
Talwyn Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 09:29:49
Hi guys, well I've made my first post in the adventure thread.
If you've got your introductions sorted then please post them up and we can start this campaign off!
Lysander Posted - 29 Oct 2004 : 21:37:07
quote:

We are working on our arrival. I think we can square it away in the next two days. And, yes, Lysander's character will be with us.

Yes, with nasty, big, pointy tee... what? Oh. Right. The Wemics can't come with us - only half way?

Please, I hope someone gets this one. I'm 1 for 2 on the "I don't get it" side.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 29 Oct 2004 : 17:26:53
We are working on our arrival. I think we can square it away in the next two days. And, yes, Lysander's character will be with us.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 29 Oct 2004 : 16:16:32
The Shade that is with us now is definitely a Shadow Adept...

However, he will not be Drozen's main character, due to unsuitabilities in the alignment and character generation. Shade is therefore an NPC at this point, controlled by Drozen until we arrive at the Friendly Arm Inn or until you, Talwyn, as the DM, decide that he betrays the PCs or leave the group for a reason you see fit (perhaps you should arrange this departure privately with Drozen?)

Drozen's PC, the wood elf super archer, is named Nymil Eveningfall, and he will be arriving at the Friendly Arm Inn shortly after the PCs.

Therefore, after Talwyn, Rhistel, Leck-tick, Mithimmar and Lysander arrive at the Inn, the party will be complete and ready to go (with Dorin and Nymil joining up while the PCs rest there)
Talwyn Posted - 29 Oct 2004 : 08:48:38
Neither can I (meet this wood-elf ranger fellow)

The whole ShadowAdept thing was just "smoke & mirrors"! Obviously!

Anyway, glad to see you've had a safe drive across Canada PDK and are still peeking in occasionally.
Alright then, so if everyone who isn't on the road to the F.A.I with me and Rhistel, can get an idea of why they are there ready by Sunday evening, then we should be about ready to start this adventure.
I shall be posting First off, to kick things off. We can then take turns (minus Sylinde) to post after that.
As Sylinde has already mentioned, she's involved in some rescue and will teleport herself to the F.A.I once she's finished.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 29 Oct 2004 : 08:32:24
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
The certain "Shadow Adept" is not a Shadow Adept anymore -- he is a wood elf ranger/warmage/EvereskaTombGuardian/ArcaneArcher dispatched from Evereska to meet us at the FA Inn and guide us back to his homeland promptly... :)

I cannot wait to meet this character!
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 29 Oct 2004 : 06:25:34
quote:
Originally posted by Talwyn

Now I suggest that Wood Elf, Hammer, Lysander & Macabial start to think about how to introduce their PC's into the campaign.

Wood, Hammer, and Lysander will be traveling together to the FA Inn; Macabail will already be there (see his background - in fact, Macabail is essentially the first one there...)

quote:

Talwyn, AnnaPhalaxus, Rhistel and a certain Shadow Adept where heading down the Lion Way and where just about to turn northwards at the junction of the Coastal Way.

The certain "Shadow Adept" is not a Shadow Adept anymore -- he is a wood elf ranger/warmage/EvereskaTombGuardian/ArcaneArcher dispatched from Evereska to meet us at the FA Inn and guide us back to his homeland promptly... :)

quote:

Sylinde is still "engaged" in other activites and hopefully will be able to join us at the Friendly Arm Inn once she is free from other intrigues (Kiddah that is).

I shall be working on further prologue and background over the next few days. PDK is MIA for at least another week but but we should at least be ready by the time he returns.
Will be checking this board once every other day or so... things have calmed down a bit as my trans-canadian driving trip has reached the shores of Toronto... :)
Lysander Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 17:44:50
quote:

We were probably just taking the scenic route home.
That's probably a good idea for all three of us to hook up before meeting everyone else. Like Lysander said, his and your, Wood Elf, character's home regions aren't too far that we couldn't have picked him up on the way home.

We probably are! I'm revising the background a bit (found something in Powers and Pantheons I needed to take into account) so we just have to work out the specifics.
macabail Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 16:28:09
Well, Dorin will likely be arriving at the Inn as other groups do, since he is travelling towards it intent on helping anyone who needs the help.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 14:40:04
We were probably just taking the scenic route home.
That's probably a good idea for all three of us to hook up before meeting everyone else. Like Lysander said, his and your, Wood Elf, character's home regions aren't too far that we couldn't have picked him up on the way home.
Sylinde Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 10:25:32
Sorry guys. As soon as we finish the rescue mission in the Grounds, Kid will teleport right to the Friendly Arms Inn and meet you all there...

Sylinde
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 07:58:16
So we have to figure out how to get our characters to the Friendly Arm Inn? I'll have to check with Hammer on that as our characters will be together already. Lysander will most likely be with us as well once we figure out a good backstory of how he will join up with us.
Talwyn Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 05:49:03
Hail to you all,

well time is moving on and we have to make a start on getting this campaign up and running.

Now I suggest that Wood Elf, Hammer, Lysander & Macabial start to think about how to introduce their PC's into the campaign.
Talwyn, AnnaPhalaxus, Rhistel and a certain Shadow Adept where heading down the Lion Way and where just about to turn northwards at the junction of the Coastal Way.
Sylinde is still "engaged" in other activites and hopefully will be able to join us at the Friendly Arm Inn once she is free from other intrigues (Kiddah that is).

I shall be working on further prologue and background over the next few days. PDK is MIA for at least another week but but we should at least be ready by the time he returns.

Till then
Be well
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 18:08:37
I don't know, Leck kind of liked those mushrooms that put up a fight that and shish-ka-drow was pretty good too
hammer of Moradin Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 18:01:05
Whatever he finds has to be a whole lot better than Underdark food he's been forced to eat.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 17:07:27
Oh yes Leck will eat his food raw, but he takes his role as hunter for the clutch seriously and will bring anything with meat on it (he may even learn to forage later but for now just meat). He may bring some really weird stuff at first Thats why he will dump it on you because he doesn't understand cooking food and in his mind he will designate that as your role to prepare and distribute that food for the rest of the clutch.

Yes that will be interesting to get Leck to try new foods. I have a feeling he is going to like sweet sugary foods
Talwyn Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 11:25:08
What sort of prey would Leck be dumping into my lap and I thought Bugs liked to eat their food raw!?! Also, I'm not sure how a Thri-Kreen would deal with the chilli and spices of the east but it will be interesting to see you eat a chilli
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 02:20:06
Ahh good, someone with cooking skills! Leck can dump all his "prey" into Talwyn's hands for proper preparing and distribution to the rest of the clutch
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 23 Oct 2004 : 01:22:14
Talwyn was born in 1340DR to the love of Sir Aureliano, paladin of Torm of Tantras and Jacinta Brianna, a human lay-priestess of Eilistraee. The marriage was only recognized by the coven of priestesses of Eilistraee, for Sir Aureliano had yet to take his new bride back to Tantras for the yearly Tormite wedding ceremony.

Before the marriage was consectrated by the Tormite Church, Sir Aureliano was killed in battle amd his bethroded died during childbirth.

The infant was raised for the first 4 years by the priestesses of Eilistraee before Sir Aureliano's comrade, Sir Daviadian Turretton came to collect him and take him to Tantras where he would be trained as a paladin of Torm.

The acadamey of Tantras taught Talwyn how to be a Paladin, what is required for service to Torm and how to dispense Justice & Law to the world. He had a difficult time at the academy and did not inherit his fathers title and rank due to his illegitiment birth.

After gaining his spurs at 17 he was dispatched on a diplomatic mission to Kara-Tur with a senior Diplomat and spent the next 4 years there, learning the art of unarmed combat, learning eastern cooking styles, sword dancing but most of all, finding and losing love. Sicked to the soul of constant war and slaughter, broken by grief and loss of his beloved Lee Tien'shi. He was granted leave to go forth and find his way in the world. He became a Knight Errant, selling his sword to those of good & lawful alignment, who needed a strong & fearless warrior to aid their cause. He then returned to the west. He had been haunted by vivid dreams at night, hearing distant, wordless song on the breeze, glimpses of a distant figure dancing in moonlight and was drawn to a place of beauty and peace. He found his mother's Eilistraeen coven and was reunited with his adoptive mother, a drow priestess Dhaunae Arabani , matron mother of Arabani clan high priestess of Eilistraee After that, he met up with a Half Eleven female Fighter/Mage/Cleric, Felvin, from the desert lands of Anaruach. She proclaimed that there was only one god over all, Ao, and that all the other gods where but parts of the greater whole. Talwyn was at first repulsed by this attitude yet Felvin was also Lawful Good and helped Talwyn during many adventures. An old acquaintance of Talwyn's, Perspex the Opaque-a mage of some power, came to seek his aid when dealing with a band of Fire Giants & 2 Red Dragons in the mountains south of Baldur's Gate. A party was formed which also included the invoker Harq al-Arda, Vasse the Elven Archer and Basil the thief from Waterdeep. Together they defeated the Giants and slew both dragons in a series of battles using both magic and hack & slash. While looting the Red Dragons lair, Talwyn found a stone statue of a young silver dragon. After a bit of investigation it was determined that the dragon had been petrified by the Reds some time ago and was now a part of their "decoration" for their lair. Talwyn persuaded Perspex to turn the silver dragon back to normal, which Perspex did. Once free of the enchantment the silver was very grateful to Talwyn and his companions and introduced herself as AnnaPhalaxus. Talwyn was also using his share of the loot to rebuild a part of the giants fortress and had planned to settle in the mountain valley so as to keep it from falling into the hands of evil creatures once they had left the region. AnnaPhalaxus decided to stay in the valley and help Talwyn with his goal. Over the next two years they became close friends and allies, to the extent that she agreed to become his special bonded mount for 10 years. She also was aiming at joining up with the Talons of Justice, and having a high level Paladin with a stronghold would help her in her quest to gain acceptance to that group. Talwyn and Anna have recently become full fledged members of the order.

Recently he has been seen on the Sword Coast, specifically at CandleKeep where he was instrumental in helping to defeat the Arch-Fiend Tezail and his slave army.

He was also inducted in the order of the Purple Dragons by Sir Amblecrown of Cormyr and although resigning his commision at Candlekeep, is still an secret member of that organisation.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 22 Oct 2004 : 18:14:24
Wood Elf Ranger's Character Background: Leck-tichk

Leck-tichk spent his first six years being raised by his clutch in the desert wastes of Dambrath. Upon turning 6 (Thri-keen are a very short-lived race) he was given a masterwork githka and set on a coming of age trial to live off the desert alone for a month and bring back a trophy of a worthy kill. After almost a month, a fierce sandstorm swept over the desert forcing Leck into a cave for shelter. He became lost exploring the cave and did not realize how deep he had gone. A drow merchant band found him and easily captured him. Knowing that Thri-keen usually have some psionic talent, they sold him (along with his githka as they had no use for it) to the Forak-Erach-Naek for a very high price. Leck did not have any overt psionic talent but it is in his race and was easily awakened when the duergar assassins began to train him as a soul knife. They did not trust Leck as an assassin but they did use him for short scouting missions and as a powerful backup when things got rough. After a few years and much hard work training and battling, one of the weapon smiths magically enhanced Leck’s githka for him, though mainly so he would be more help to the group than doing it as a favor for Leck. Still, Leck came to resent his masters almost as much as the drow who first captured him. The duergar would not give Leck any trophies for his kills and when they needed it they strapped him down and extracted his natural poison either to sell or to use for their own assassins. The biggest affront came as Leck was chosen for a party that was hired by a highborn drow house to kill a group of shield dwarves.

Instead of fighting them like worthy prey the duergar set a trap and did not even give the dwarves a chance to fight back. One dwarf who survived came to take vengeance on the duergar and when Leck saw his martial skill and fighting prowess along with his determination to avenge his fallen clutch, Leck took his chances and fell in beside the dwarf making the hunters become the prey. After obtaining his freedom yet not knowing where he was in relation to his clutch he made a deal with the valiant dwarf. He would help the dwarf complete the task that he and his company had set out to do if the dwarf would help him find his clutch. When Leck found out Mithimmar’s group was to kill some offending drow, Leck admired the dwarf all the more. (to read more of this quest read Mithimmar’s background) After completing Mithimmar’s quest they set about the long march back to the desert of Dambrath. Along the way Leck began to fill the niche of scout/provider hunting for himself and Mith. They had to keep on their toes as well as every once in a while the Forak-Erach-Naek would send an up-and-coming assassin or two after them as a test. Not to mention the vast variety of other monsters they encountered on the way. Leck enjoyed the dwarfs company and loved his stories of Dwarven battles and heroes. Even when they reached the desert they had to search far and wide through it as Leck’s clutch was nomadic moving every few months. When they finally found his clutch they treated him with open disdain saying he was a failure since he did not return in a month from his trial and they would not let him back into the clutch. This made Leck very distraught for a while until he decided he did not need them and that Mithimmar was his clutch-mate now and he would do anything to prove himself worthy.

Personality: Leck enjoys adventuring as he is used to being nomadic and never staying in one spot. He sees his role in the clutch as the scout and hunter, providing food. He may become aggressive if he feels someone is encroaching in on his niche within the clutch. In a battle he may sneak around to flank an opponent or fight savagely in the front line depending on the situation. Most monsters he considers worthy prey and loves to fight. The drow and duergar hold special enmity and he will try to attack them upon sight. People who live in one place in a city Leck calls non-hunters and he will not deal with them at all. If asked why he will say they are below hunters and not worthy of attention but really he just does not understand them at all. He is very loyal to those he calls clutch-mates and will defend them viciously.

Physical description: Leck is slim and medium sized. He looks like a giant grasshopper and moves like one too hopping from hillside to rock to tree etc. He has a sandy orange exoskeleton that blends in with desert terrain. His eyes are big, black, and compound. He has a pair of antenna for hearing and large, sharp mandibles that click when he talks and are a very dangerous weapon as well. He wears a form-fitting spidersilk hauberk, a wide belt around his waist, a bandoleer from his uppermost shoulder to his hip on the other side filled with his essentials. He weilds an enchanted gythka in his powerful upper arms and his dual mind blades in his glove covered lower arms. He has a very alien appearence that is unsettling especially to people who dislike bugs.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 22 Oct 2004 : 02:24:06
Sylinde's Character Background: Kidda

Kiddah grew up on the borders of the yuriwood, her father working as a woodsman and ranger, who taught her some of the trade, hence her sneaky roguishness, but she spent time with the half-elves in the wood, (and got more sneaky roguishness) and they saw within her talent for magic, and sponsored her into the Symbul's school of magic.

From there, for a goodhearted aglarondan with a wandering streak, it was natural to move to the harpers. She had done some work against thay with the harpers and also had worked in Cormanthor against the evil-aligned drow.

Now she roams the Western Heartlands for some reasons that she has taken great pain at keeping secret.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 13:56:56
Macabail's Character Background: Dorin Evenwood

Dorin was the sole child of a pair of wealthy Tassadrans, and grew up knowing wealth. However, when he was barely 16 his parents died while on business abroad. He struggled to make do, and managed for a time. However, his life changed the day that he was in the market and saw an Ilmaterite giving alms to the poor. He realized just how sheltered his life was, how affluent, how listless. Later that day, as the market was ending, he approached the servant of Ilmater, intent on learning more about Ilmater.

A year passed, and Dorin continued to learn about the teachings of Ilmater, and over this time he had been giving more and more of his possessions to those who needed them. Finally, on his 18th birthday he left, leaving his home to a family whose house had just recently been burned down. He travelled with the monk of Ilmater, until they reached the Halls of the Penitent. There he fasted and prayed to Ilmater, swearing an oath of poverty. Ilmater recognized his true calling, granting his strength, and a visible aura of radiance.

Since that time he has made his way westward, helping people where he can. Until at last he arrived at the Friendly Arm Inn, firm in his conviction to assist any who are in need. He carries naught save for a simple tattered robe, and a small pouch of the needed bits to focus the gifts of Ilmater that they be granted to those who need them most.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000