Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Need help finding....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nyte_of_Chaos Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 08:49:37
I recently came acrost a monstrous manual or MM style entry for a creature named Shadow Lords, and I am now lost, as I can't find it again, I am looking to use it in a campaign. I recall from reading it that there is something about them where Elminster is alerted any time any of them enter the realms, and that they most recently entered during the time of troubles, and during the spellfire series. I am running a 2nd ed game, if anyone could point me in the right direction, as to where to find it, I would greatly appriciate it.

Nyte
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nyte_of_Chaos Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 17:43:38
Ahhh Shadow masters, that sounds right. Thank you so much.

N
Kuje Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 16:56:03
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Aren't they referred to as the Dark Powers? I'm not familiar with them being called anything else.

Yes, they are called the Dark Powers. :) But tsk tsk Alaundo is going to yell at me again for going off topic.... grumble.
Kuje Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 16:54:23
I think this poster is talking about the Shadowmasters, aka the Malaugrym. They are in Villian's Lorebook for 2e and Monster's of Faerun for 3e, and the WOTC Player's Guide web file for 3.5e.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 14:34:19
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

quote:
Originally posted by Nyte_of_Chaos

I recently came acrost a monstrous manual or MM style entry for a creature named Shadow Lords, and I am now lost, as I can't find it again, I am looking to use it in a campaign

I may be a mile wide of the mark here but aren't Shadow Lords the entities that run Ravenloft? I don't mean the lords that run the individual realms but those above them whose attention you draw when you fail a Power Check.

Aren't they referred to as the Dark Powers? I'm not familiar with them being called anything else.

For some reason, "Shadow Lord" is making me think not of a critter, but of either a thieves' guild or a PrC...
kahonen Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 13:02:34
quote:
Originally posted by Nyte_of_Chaos

I recently came acrost a monstrous manual or MM style entry for a creature named Shadow Lords, and I am now lost, as I can't find it again, I am looking to use it in a campaign

I may be a mile wide of the mark here but aren't Shadow Lords the entities that run Ravenloft? I don't mean the lords that run the individual realms but those above them whose attention you draw when you fail a Power Check.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 02 Sep 2004 : 10:38:38
??? ???

I can't help you at all with this... but it does sound "familiar" to me too. Maybe that's one of the crazy stories I found as a book while playing Baldur's Gate a few years ago...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000