Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 The Realm of Nimbral

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 00:03:50
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rl/20040811a

I couldnt help put smirk when a read this bit in the article

Some sailors and sages of interior Faerûnian lands alike believe this land is purely legendary; others, such as the "monks of Candlekeep, hunger for more information about this remote and reclusive island."
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dargoth Posted - 05 Dec 2004 : 23:06:10
Thomas Costa has created a Nimbran peer and Knight of the Flying Hunt PRCs in His Prestiage of the Realms PDF which dovetail nicely with Eds WOTC articles

A link can be found to the PDF in the FR Chat Forum
Kuje Posted - 01 Dec 2004 : 16:57:19
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
Well the thing is I was there long before I was here. :) Why I stay there I really don't know... I guess I like the abuse.....

You're merely looking for recruits for Candlekeep, correct?

There is that as well. :) haha.
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Dec 2004 : 15:58:49
quote:
Well the thing is I was there long before I was here. :) Why I stay there I really don't know... I guess I like the abuse.....

You're merely looking for recruits for Candlekeep, correct?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Dec 2004 : 15:11:42
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
Well met

Serves ye right for venturing forth, kuje31. Thee should know better than to journey yonder

I was there long before I was here, too... But I find it easy to stay away.

I'd joined the WotC message boards a month after they had "officially" started up. And, I'd continued being a continual member right up until the end of July 2003 when the "Great Debates" about the revision for D&D went into full swing. I just couldn't handle all the negativity that was being thrown around, so I decided to spend my time at other D&D sites on the web.

From time to time, I still visit the WotC boards (mostly the Planescape section where I still have a minor presence), but I've never returned to the other sections of the message boards. It's simply not worth the "stress" in my opinion...

It's so much nicer here at Candlekeep .

Since my banning, I've only visited those forums a couple of times, and I don't think I've done anything more than just browse...

I agree, it's so much nicer here. The scribes here are usually more intelligent, knowledgable, and friendly. And I've not had to worry about any "OMG!!!11 Drizzit is t3h kewl! They should make a movie of him!!!11one" discussions.
The Sage Posted - 01 Dec 2004 : 14:42:50
quote:

quote:

quote:
Well met

Serves ye right for venturing forth, kuje31. Thee should know better than to journey yonder

I'd joined the WotC message boards a month after they had "officially" started up. And, I'd continued being a continual member right up until the end of July 2003 when the "Great Debates" about the revision for D&D went into full swing. I just couldn't handle all the negativity that was being thrown around, so I decided to spend my time at other D&D sites on the web.

From time to time, I still visit the WotC boards (mostly the Planescape section where I still have a minor presence), but I've never returned to the other sections of the message boards. It's simply not worth the "stress" in my opinion...

It's so much nicer here at Candlekeep .
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 17:55:48
quote:

quote:
Well met

Kuje Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 17:40:39
quote:
Well met

Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 17:16:58
quote:

quote:

quote:

Man,

Ed is getting some bad remarks about these articles over on the WOTC boards.

"It's to faery taleish." "There's nothing for adventurers to do there." "FR must be a setting designed with D&D and adventurers in mind and if it isn't then I don't want to read about any FREE articles that don't show this." And a few other comments along those lines.

Well met

Yes. Or, to paraphrase an old quote from the various Baldur's Gate CRPGs, in regard to visiting the WotC FR forums... "You must warn your party before venturing forth"...

Ah, but is there any warning dire enough to prepare people for what they'll encounter in those halls?
The Sage Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 14:12:33
quote:

quote:

Man,

"It's to faery taleish." "There's nothing for adventurers to do there." "FR must be a setting designed with D&D and adventurers in mind and if it isn't then I don't want to read about any FREE articles that don't show this." And a few other comments along those lines.

Well met

Yes. Or, to paraphrase an old quote from the various Baldur's Gate CRPGs, in regard to visiting the WotC FR forums... "You must warn your party before venturing forth"...
Alaundo Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 09:33:33
quote:

Man,

Well met

Kuje Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 05:45:57
quote:

quote:

Man,

Ah yes, holidays are near and school is out again. Time for the little monsters, I mean bundles of joy to come online and share their wisdom that they gain having defeated Grand Theft Auto in under a day so they could gain their street cred.

Not that such comments are only from children, but the timing is sure funny.

To true! To true!
SiriusBlack Posted - 30 Nov 2004 : 05:34:45
quote:

Man,

Ah yes, holidays are near and school is out again. Time for the little monsters, I mean bundles of joy to come online and share their wisdom that they gain having defeated Grand Theft Auto in under a day so they could gain their street cred.

Not that such comments are only from children, but the timing is sure funny.
Kuje Posted - 29 Nov 2004 : 23:22:16
quote:

quote:

Man,

That can't be! Why, those boards are the epitome of friendly discussions and gentle moderation! Are you sure you're speaking of the WotC boards?

Yeah well. :)

Edit: The mod got into it and removed most of the replies. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Nov 2004 : 23:10:50
quote:

Man,

That can't be! Why, those boards are the epitome of friendly discussions and gentle moderation! Are you sure you're speaking of the WotC boards?
Kuje Posted - 29 Nov 2004 : 22:43:33
Man,

SiriusBlack Posted - 24 Nov 2004 : 16:41:08
quote:

Part eight is up. And by Lurue's Horn, the Elders are some powerful folks!

My fave is the motherly powerful wizard/archmage. Mom was always so gentle with the lads before casting a fireball on them.

Thanks for the heads up WR.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Nov 2004 : 06:33:24
Part eight is up. And by Lurue's Horn, the Elders are some powerful folks!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Nov 2004 : 16:45:44
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

As for “Knightse,” obviously someone at WotC didn’t check their computer work, and somehow Knights’ became Knightse.
love to all,
THO

Oh, I know, darlin', I was just having a bit of fun at their expense. 'Tis a specialty of mine.
The Hooded One Posted - 11 Nov 2004 : 16:01:01
Ah, you ask something we Knights asked Ed long, long ago. Remember the mention of a Lord casting a mass teleport variant spell on a Hunt? Well, they can TRACE those suits of armour if they want to (with the right spell). So armour-snatchers have tried it, and paid the price.
Ed told me this, years back:

Bear in mind that most mainlanders have only scant knowledge of Nimbral, and most of what they do “know” is fanciful and distorted . . .[snippage of much here That Should Remain Secret For Now] . . . See the glowing glass armour when a Hunt flies overhead, ask a sage or bard about it, and you’ll probably (if you get any real answer at all) get the “and they always hunt down anyone who tries to steal yon battlemetal” as part of it . . .
So there’s your answer, DDH.
As for “Knightse,” obviously someone at WotC didn’t check their computer work, and somehow Knights’ became Knightse.
love to all,
THO
DDH_101 Posted - 11 Nov 2004 : 05:51:10
After reading part Seven, I can just imagine the large rush of evil PCs going to Nimbral and murdering novices and knights for their powerful armour... Lol.

I mean, even novices have +1 glass full plate with an always-operating feather fall ? You are asking for players to go murder these guys for their goodies.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Nov 2004 : 15:19:32
quote:

quote:

Part seven, the next to last one, is now up. But I wonder what "Knightse" means.

That's what knights are called in the month of Ukta.

Good one!
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Nov 2004 : 14:35:56
quote:

Part seven, the next to last one, is now up. But I wonder what "Knightse" means.

That's what knights are called in the month of Ukta.

Thanks for providing the heads up on the update.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Nov 2004 : 06:06:52
Lady Kazandra Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 07:08:28
quote:

quote:

I hope it becomes a semi-regular trend actually. Four articles about a specific piece of Realmslore is always good... but at least seven articles worth is definitely better...

Yeah, I like getting more than four articles! Some of these things just can't be properly covered in four...

I wonder whether we'll be seeing any articles dealing with the other island nations off the Sword Coast? Evermeet for example . . .
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Oct 2004 : 16:43:18
quote:

I hope it becomes a semi-regular trend actually. Four articles about a specific piece of Realmslore is always good... but at least seven articles worth is definitely better...

Yeah, I like getting more than four articles! Some of these things just can't be properly covered in four...
The Sage Posted - 27 Oct 2004 : 15:42:16
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad
I'm very happy that this particular article at WotC is running for at least 7 installments.... just as Nimbral deserves

It is wonderful to see. Thanks for the heads up on the update WR!

SiriusBlack Posted - 27 Oct 2004 : 14:18:35
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad
I'm very happy that this particular article at WotC is running for at least 7 installments.... just as Nimbral deserves

It is wonderful to see. Thanks for the heads up on the update WR!
Lord Rad Posted - 27 Oct 2004 : 09:23:04
quote:

quote:

Part Six is up.

Yah!

We're told that we are to learn about the Knights of Nimbral in the next article.

Happy Sage .

I'm looking forward to the next article as this peaked my interest since the initial installment. I'm very happy that this particular article at WotC is running for at least 7 installments.... just as Nimbral deserves
The Sage Posted - 27 Oct 2004 : 07:22:29
quote:

Part Six is up.

Yah!

We're told that we are to learn about the Knights of Nimbral in the next article.

Happy Sage .
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Oct 2004 : 06:22:45
Part Six is up.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000