Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Servants of Bane OLD Pool of Radiance Tidbit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Sep 2021 : 19:28:59
In one of the old TSR computer games (and specifically in the NES adaptation of that game), there is a reference to the servants of Bane.

While searching the Mendor's Library in Phlann, you are find several bits of lore, among them is the following, a passage of interest in Urgand's 'Description of Darkness:'

Maram of the Great Spear, Haask the Voice of Hargut, Tyranthraxus the Flamed One, Borem of the Boiling Mud Sea, Camnod the Unseen...

Such were the ones that served Bane the Great Wicked King...

Of all of these, I have only ever seen Tyranthraxus referred to elsewhere. By any chance does anyone know if there is any information on the others hidden somewhere? Haask sounds like a lizard/serpent folk to me, but who knows.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
George Krashos Posted - 04 Sep 2021 : 14:44:20
And the answers weren't easy.

-- George Krashos
ericlboyd Posted - 04 Sep 2021 : 01:27:16
George and I did our best to answer your questions here.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/346895/Jergal-Lord-of-the-End-of-Everything
Ayrik Posted - 03 Sep 2021 : 22:03:42
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Seven_Lost_Gods
The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Sep 2021 : 20:19:54
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

That lore is also in the Ruins of Adventure source (not sure which one came first).

Only discovered it recently, must have been what Brian used for his dragon / dungeon article.

Ruins of Adventure and Pool of Radiance were basically companion products, both from 88. (If you look at the cover you see a little star that says so). However, after looking at it again, I notice there are some small details that differ, for example:

“...and seated foremost in the Hall of Minor Courtiers were the lesser powers: Maram of the Great Spear; Haask, Voice of Hargut; Tyranthraxus
the Flamed One; Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud; and Camnod the Unseen. These too fell down and became servants of the great lord Bane.”

Same general idea, but a slightly different take.

Gary Dallison Posted - 03 Sep 2021 : 20:08:59
That lore is also in the Ruins of Adventure source (not sure which one came first).

Only discovered it recently, must have been what Brian used for his dragon / dungeon article.
The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Sep 2021 : 19:40:26
There is also this:

The ones responsible for Phlan's destruction gained power from the Pool of Radiance. Tyranthraxus, Edranka, and Torath were the leaders of the attacks. Mendor the Wise had collected many records about all of them, but then his library was overrun with the books stolen.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000