Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 What of the Gold Elves far to the East?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
King Libertine Posted - 21 May 2021 : 14:53:16
Narbeth, Shalhoond. Not much is said about this kingdom of Gold elves, besides a civil war and creating magical monsters for them to hunt.

Does anyone have any more info? My books are in storage.

Thank you
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
George Krashos Posted - 30 May 2021 : 02:23:36
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

Narbeth, Shalhoond. Not much is said about this kingdom of Gold elves, besides a civil war and creating magical monsters for them to hunt.

Does anyone have any more info? My books are in storage.

Thank you

There is no more info. Enjoy making stuff up.

-- George Krashos
SaMoCon Posted - 29 May 2021 : 10:48:37
FYI, King Libertine, the sages here are a bit more chummy and playful due to the long familiarity they have had with each other over the decades of Candlekeep's existence which has been encouraged by the moderators, like Wooly Rupert. This light-hearted approach may be what attracts and retains the attentions of the Forgotten Realms writers & game designers. You might have noticed that two of the people you're sounding off on have titles under their handles that read "Forgotten Realms Designer" - TomCosta and EricLBoyd. Two industry professionals took an interest in your scroll and what they posted did address your querry - one by giving you published references for your lore, and the other by giving you a warning that the magazine article has an "unreliable narrator" style of writing.

Now you know why "your" scroll was "hijacked." No need to be talking down to the sages whom were being helpful.
King Libertine Posted - 28 May 2021 : 21:14:53
Not sure why so many people hijacked my thread with silly responses.

I'm searching for lore om Narbeth. Shalhoond in general, but mostly Narbeth. Didn't know this forum let's people hijack your threads for silly comments. Very odd.
sleyvas Posted - 23 May 2021 : 15:53:41
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Eric, in the same issue, it says you only narrowly survived an illithid breeding experiment.... The Underdark is filled with lies. ;-)

Where were they shoving tadpoles and tentacles now? I swear illithids are secret pervs.
SaMoCon Posted - 22 May 2021 : 02:26:56
The Forgotten Realms wiki has always been my first stop for knowing canon lore that has already been printed. Was there something in particular you needed to know about Shalhoond and Narbeth that were not in those linked wiki pages?
ericlboyd Posted - 21 May 2021 : 21:22:20
quote:

Eric, in the same issue, it says you only narrowly survived an illithid breeding experiment.... The Underdark is filled with lies. ;-)

"Narrowly" may have been too optimistic.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 May 2021 : 20:50:09
quote:

Frankly, I'm still a little disturbed by his description of lingerie-clad illithids. That's just not right.
TomCosta Posted - 21 May 2021 : 20:06:11
ericlboyd Posted - 21 May 2021 : 16:40:12
Dragon #267 has pretty much all we know about Narbeth.

I think Shalhoond is also detailed in The Horde boxed set, but I don't think it mentions Narbeth.

--Eric

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000