Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Are there any Elf F/M/T's in 2e products?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MayNovember Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 02:09:20
Greetings wise sages. I'm looking for any instance of an Elf Fighter/Mage/Thief in 1st or 2nd Edition FR. (Any NPC that is of this three way multiclass) Much thanks!
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Barastir Posted - 24 Sep 2020 : 13:18:59
"Rennyn Aelorothi stormy as the seas that she sails. Many suspect that Lady Ryllae counts a sea elf: Elf (F9/W9/T9, Infiltrator)"

In fact, Lady Ryllae is one character (female sea elf) and Rennyn is another one (male gold elf, he is the infiltrator). Strange quote...

EDIT: And sorry for missing your mention, Wooly!
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 21:56:52
Master Rupert,

haha...it looks like I stole some thunder there. I completely overlooked that. My bad!

Thanks for calling it out though!

Best regards,

Kentinal Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 21:19:07
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Not sure what you are quoting as Rennyn Aelorothi is a Handsome Male Gold Elf. Elves of Evermeet page 100 1994 (First printing? )

Either way, I did list Rennyn Aelorothi -- the sixth one on my list.

Yes I did notice that, as I also too late noticed that Arlen of the Swiftstrike source was also in the list. All I managed to add was a page number.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 20:52:28
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Barastir,

Great call. Indeed there is:

quote:
Rennyn Aelorothi stormy as the seas that she sails. Many suspect that Lady Ryllae counts a sea elf: Elf (F9/W9/T9, Infiltrator)

Best regards,

Not sure what you are quoting as Rennyn Aelorothi is a Handsome Male Gold Elf. Elves of Evermeet page 100 1994 (First printing? )

Either way, I did list Rennyn Aelorothi -- the sixth one on my list.
Kentinal Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 20:00:54
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Barastir,

Great call. Indeed there is:

quote:
Rennyn Aelorothi stormy as the seas that she sails. Many suspect that Lady Ryllae counts a sea elf: Elf (F9/W9/T9, Infiltrator)

Best regards,

Barastir Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 19:38:03
I think there is at least one of them in Elves of Evermeet, but I may be wrong.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 18:33:20
quote:

I roll eighteens all the time *wink*

I managed to beat a set of loaded dice at GenCon, once... They were set up with a little demo tray to roll them in. I rolled them close to the side of the tray, and they hit the wall before they had a chance to tumble to the weighted sides.

I was amused.
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 17:54:15
Great Reader Ayrik,

All I know is that I am extremely happy we're past those days of limits on such things as classes, etc., as they were in 1st and 2nd edition.

Best regards,

Ayrik Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 17:35:44
A triple-classed human might've started off as an elf or half-elf. Some strange polymorph, shapechange, potion, curse, or whatever. Some crazy magic things happen after enough years of adventuring.

This human might have dual-classed (er, triple-classed) instead of triple-multiclassed, as allowed in those edition rules. Like Lord Chess and some others.
TheIriaeban Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 17:00:35
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

quote:
Arlen of the Swiftstrike
F9/M10/C9/T11
Male Elf, CN
Source: Ruins of Undermountain II
A quad-multiclass? And on a pure-strain elf? Is this an error?

Definitely disallowed in 1E and 2E (and "2.5E") rulesets.

The 2E PHBR5: Complete Psionics Handbook offered psionicist multiclasses, and I think it might have provided a few sample triple characters. I think Darksun also had a surprising number of triples, though they're obviously not part of (not really even compatible with) Realmslore.

Yeah, thought it was odd, myself, but there have been some odd, one-off cases in the Realms.

I just looked at my revised 2E book -- there's one triple-class option open for elves, and another for half-elves, and that's it - and none of the elven multiclass options included clerics.

Though the one that got me from the list was Heldorn "Goldsun" Thaerntyl -- as a human, he'd've had to dual-class to be F9/M8/T3. And dual-classing twice like that means he had at least three scores higher than 17. At least, per rules as written.

Maybe that is an unlisted modification to the base D&D rules. In The Drow of the Underdark, Ed states that Drow priests and wizards have no level limits (page 9).
Kentinal Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 16:54:50
I roll eighteens all the time *wink*
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 15:40:34
quote:

quote:
Arlen of the Swiftstrike
F9/M10/C9/T11
Male Elf, CN

The 2E PHBR5: Complete Psionics Handbook offered psionicist multiclasses, and I think it might have provided a few sample triple characters. I think Darksun also had a surprising number of triples, though they're obviously not part of (not really even compatible with) Realmslore.

Yeah, thought it was odd, myself, but there have been some odd, one-off cases in the Realms.

I just looked at my revised 2E book -- there's one triple-class option open for elves, and another for half-elves, and that's it - and none of the elven multiclass options included clerics.

Though the one that got me from the list was Heldorn "Goldsun" Thaerntyl -- as a human, he'd've had to dual-class to be F9/M8/T3. And dual-classing twice like that means he had at least three scores higher than 17. At least, per rules as written.
Kentinal Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 13:40:49
quote:

quote:
Arlen of the Swiftstrike
F9/M10/C9/T11
Male Elf, CN

It appears correct or at least https://xaeyruudh.wordpress.com/tag/undermountain/ others say the elf is all of that, the source appears to be either The Ruins of Undermountain [1060]and/or
The Ruins of Undermountain II [1104]

Or even here Ruins of Undermountain II: Campaign Guide [1104a] page 114
Ayrik Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 12:43:04
quote:
Arlen of the Swiftstrike
F9/M10/C9/T11
Male Elf, CN

Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 11:10:36
I don't recall if Kuje linked those anywhere or just sent them to people who asked. I'll have to look around and see if he linked the files somewhere.
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 06:17:32
Master Rupert,

Fantastic find! Damn, you really dug those up fast!

Assuming it is here at the Keep, do you have a link to it?

Best regards,

cpthero2 Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 06:10:34
Great Reader Ayrik,

Indeed you are correct! There were two: the Infiltrator and the Collector.

Best regards,

MayNovember Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 05:04:50
My thanks Sages! All very helpful. Wooly Rupert, where might I find this list of 1E/2E NPCs?
Ayrik Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 04:39:26
I recall some F/M/T kits in 2E PHBR8: Complete Book of Elves and some F/I/T kits in 2E PHBR9: Complete Book of Gnomes & Halflings. And I recall seeing a few triple-classed characters designed with these kits in FR novels.
I don't recall which characters or which novels, let alone any game stats, just that they were obvious and interesting inclusions of these kits into Realmslore.

I also recall reading an article in an ancient Dungeon or Dragon publication which offered a lot of triple-class rules and variations. Along with some new overpowered hybrid race/group of "Ultimists" who were always triple-classed.
Brimstone Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 03:30:52
Link Wooly?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 03:19:07
I found these on the list of 1E/2E NPCs that Kuje made. I just copied these out of his spreadsheet and made the list a bit more presentable.

(I'm prolly going to be looking up a lot of these, myself, later!)

Ithlyn of the Five Fingers
F4/T6/M5
Male Half-drow, NG
Source: Skullport

Keris
F5/M5/T7
Male Half-elf, NE
Source: Ruins of Zhentil Keep

Maenoth Silversword
F6/M6/T7
Male Half-elf, NG
Source: Cult of the Dragon

Ilandra Wavemistress
F8/M7/T12
Female Half-Sea Elf, CN
Source: The Moonsea

Heldorn "Goldsun" Thaerntyl
F9/M8/T3
Male Human, NG
Source: Volo's Guide to the North

Rennyn Aelorothi
F9/M9/T9
Male Gold Elf, CG
Source: Elves of Evermeet

Lord Byronae Trilluach
F9/M19/T11
Male Half-elf, LN
Source: Skullport

Arlen of the Swiftstrike
F9/M10/C9/T11
Male Elf, CN
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Sep 2020 : 02:29:03
Seeker MayNovember,

A specific one, no. However, I may have a resource for you to search:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=142994" target="_blank">https://web.archive.org/web/20041031230446/http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=142994

I hope that helps. I've got nothing that comes to mind. Are you searching as a consequence of something relating to Pools of Radiance? ;)

Best regards,

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000